• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Interesting News, Articles & Stuff

macbill

Oh No! Mr macbill!!
Staff member
Como se LLama?
Llama antibodies may hold key to fighting coronavirus
https://www.wusa9.com/article/news/...irus/507-2bc34300-25c2-4a65-b3f5-932bc4b41eff
A 4-year-old llama named Winter may hold the key to fighting the new coronavirus. According to a paper published in the Journal "Cell," researchers at the University of Texas-Austin, the National Institutes of Health and Belgium's Ghent University say antibodies found in llamas have the potential to fight the virus.

=======================================================================

How cannabis growers are handling labor and safety challenges during COVID-19

Marijuana cultivators are finding new ways to manage labor to meet the challenges caused by the coronavirus pandemic.

This is yet another sector in the cannabis industry to adapt its operations in response to COVID-19, similar to retailers, for example, who have been using drive-thru and curbside pickup to keep customers and employees safe.

Last edited:
macbill,
Reactions: Summer

macbill

Oh No! Mr macbill!!
Staff member
Corona Virus:
The Risks - Know Them - Avoid Them

It seems many people are breathing some relief, and I’m not sure why. An epidemic curve has a relatively predictable upslope and once the peak is reached, the back slope can also be predicted. We have robust data from the outbreaks in China and Italy, that shows the backside of the mortality curve declines slowly, with deaths persisting for months.

Assuming we have just crested in deaths at 70k, it is possible that we lose another 70,000 people over the next 6 weeks as we come off that peak. That's what's going to happen with a lockdown.

As states reopen, and we give the virus more fuel, all bets are off.

macbill

Oh No! Mr macbill!!
Staff member
a continuation of FC thread

For Gamers, Epic Games reveals new strides in graphic manipulation allow for a more realistic, real-time experience.

It’s Epic’s hope that Unreal Engine 5 will further bridge the fidelity gap between video games and film.

=======================================================================================

The 35 Most Influential Women In Cannabis
Women have not held back from taking their rightful place at the top of the cannabis industry.

According to one study, close to 37 percent of senior-level jobs in cannabis are held by women. This puts the national average for other industries in the country-21 percent-to shame.

Last edited:

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
President Obama will be televised in Primetime on every Network, including Fox, on May 16th giving a commencement speech to the entire High School graduating class of 2020. For a full uninterrupted hour.

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
President Obama will be televised in Primetime on every Network, including Fox, on May 16th giving a commencement speech to the entire High School graduating class of 2020. For a full uninterrupted hour.

macbill

Oh No! Mr macbill!!
Staff member

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
This should be fun...
CNN to air two-hour special honoring the class of 2020
Kate Sullivan byline
By Kate Sullivan, CNN

Updated 10:30 AM ET, Thu May 14, 2020

CNN on Saturday will air a two-hour, primetime special honoring the class of 2020, as millions of students across the nation have had their graduating ceremonies canceled because of the coronavirus pandemic.
"Class of 2020: In This Together" will air Saturday, May 16 at 7 p.m. ET on CNN, CNN International and CNN en Español. It will be hosted by CNN's Erin Burnett, Don Lemon and Jake Tapper.

The first hour will be produced by CNN and will feature former President Bill Clinton, Amy Schumer, Jason Alexander, Gal Gadot, Jack Gilinsky, Henry Winkler, Alex Rodriguez, Keegan-Michael Key and Anthony Anderson with performances by Yo-Yo Ma, Bazzi and Foster the People.

In the second hour, CNN will broadcast "Graduate Together: America Honors the High School Class of 2020," which is hosted by The LeBron James Family Foundation, The Entertainment Industry Foundation, and XQ Institute. The event will feature former President Barack Obama, LeBron James, the Jonas Brothers, Zendaya, Olivia Wilde, Ben Platt, Megan Rapinoe, Yara Shahidi, Lena Waithe, Pharrell Williams, Malala Yousafzai, and more. The one-hour, commercial-free event will be carried by more than 20 broadcast and cable networks and streaming channels throughout the US. Proceeds will benefit DonorsChoose and America's Food Fund.

"Graduate Together: America Honors the High School Class of 2020" will stream live, without requiring a cable log-in, on CNN.com's homepage and across mobile devices via CNN's apps for iOS and Android. It can also be viewed on CNNgo (at CNN.com/go on your desktop, smartphone, and iPad, and via CNNgo apps for Apple TV, Roku, Amazon Fire, Chromecast and Android TV). The special will also be available on demand to subscribers via cable/satellite systems, CNNgo platforms and CNN mobile apps.

macbill

Oh No! Mr macbill!!
Staff member
Tomorrow (May 18th) is the anniversary of Mt. St. Helens' Volcanic Eruption 40 years ago. I was 40 miles South (as the crow flies) in Vancouver, Washington, and had a perfect view as the ash plume traveled Eastward (not South). I confess: I cheered the natural phenomenon. It wasn't until later I realized 57 people died. Here's an article from my local paper.

Mount St. Helens: 40 years later, surprises, loss still reverberate:
Before Blast looking South to the former North Face

Mount_St_Helens-1.jpg

Mount St Helens Institute

Last edited:

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
Are you kidding, I love these things.
emerges.jpg

A creature, a bug, that sleeps for 17 years and then burrows out of the ground on the same day or within a day or two of a billion of its fellows, climbs a tree, escapes it's shell and then does nothing but sing and screw until it lays eggs and dies. They fascinate the hell out of me.
Group.jpg

django7

Are you kidding, I love these things.

A creature, a bug, that sleeps for 17 years and then burrows out of the ground on the same day or within a day or two of a billion of its fellows, climbs a tree, escapes it's shell and then does nothing but sing and screw until it lays eggs and dies. They fascinate the hell out of me.
I grew up in a place where these were common.

They are as big as my thumb, very docile, and when they sing it's LOUD! They used to make such a racket all night when they emerged every few years.

There must have been more than one wave of them, because it was definitely not 17 years between. Some of them came out every year, pretty much.

Interesting creatures.

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
I grew up in a place where these were common.

They are as big as my thumb, very docile, and when they sing it's LOUD! They used to make such a racket all night when they emerged every few years.

There must have been more than one wave of them, because it was definitely not 17 years between. Some of them came out every year, pretty much.

Interesting creatures.
In this part of the country they come in several varieties. These are some that come every year, a wave that come every 6 years, and the big wave that comes every 17 years. Some parts of the country also have a 13 year cycle.
Because they live some 6 to 8 feet underground for their sleep period, construction projects or new subdivisions destroy them in the sleep stage and they don't emerge in that area. They only fly a couple hundred yards at most from where they emerge so you will notice dramatically different volumes of them in different neighborhoods based on their age. The largest numbers will be in forest preserves or other undisturbed land with trees.

godzone vaper

Very interesting! I didn't know of those cycles.
Last year their racket was soooo loud, I had to wear noicecancelling headphones when working in the garden.We live on a hill , 30 meters from were the bush begins.
This year, quiet most of the time, just little flare-ups.(we did have a shitsummer soo I thought it was because of that.)
I find those empty skeletons all the time around me, bush , river,gardenarea.
Nature ALWAYS fascinating.
Have you also noticed that people whom consume cannabis are way more tuned into nature(or other important things),then people whom don't?
I personally, notice sooo much more in nature when medicated.🧘‍♂️

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
I was sure we had another wave of Cicadas on 6 year intervals, but in googling around I am only seeing info on the 13 year waves, the 17 year waves, and the yearly bugger, so I am back to correct myself. :uhoh:

CybrGuy,
Reactions: bulllee
Top Bottom