Interesting News, Articles & Stuff

Haze Mister

Verdant Bloomer
Manufacturer
You were already breathing in a bunch of nasty industrial chems that the US gov (and most of their client/hostage governments) allow to be in the atmosphere with "permissible levels" because progress and the American Dream are important and technology (proudly powered by our partners over here) will fix everything!
These creatures that do not register as human dropped a bunch of nuclear bombs on literal paradise....

Haze Mister,

florduh

I think people are outraged. But this isn't the first or thousandth time deregulation has lead to regular working people getting royally fucked for the benefit of the ultra wealthy.

71% of Norfolk Southern stock is held by the biggest hedge funds and banks in the country. The management of publicly traded corporations are legally obligated to act in the best interests of the shareholders. They owe nothing to their employees, customers, or the general public.

It was in the interests of the shareholders to buy off regulators in the Obama and Trump Administrations, getting them to relax safety regulations.

It was in the best interests of the shareholders to have Congress break a strike. A strike where the Unions were asking management to hire enough workers to safely operate the rails. Fuck that. Cut the workforce even further and pocket the money with stock buybacks.

At the end of the day, The Glorious and Infallible Free Market has determined that it is good and just to sacrifice a few rural towns for the shareholders. Because it's cheaper to pay meager post incident settlements than it is to safely operate the railways. Simple as that.

Or, we can go in a different direction

Last edited:
florduh,
Reactions: Shrike

vapviking

Old & In the Way
Norfolk Southern, on a roll (no pun intended)

In the category, "Taking his ball and going home,"

florduh

Norfolk Southern, on a roll (no pun intended)

They have friends in high places.

The fuckin balls on these people. They busted a railway strike mere weeks ago. Then a major disaster occurs. The exact kind of disaster Unions warned would happen if the railroad corps didn't meet their demands. Now they're going out of their way to defend the the corporation responsible for this disaster from lawsuits.

This whole debacle is a pretty perfect demonstration of how fucked America is. Who are you supposed to vote for if you don't want the government to act solely in the best interests of the wealthy corporate elite? You don't have an option.

We pretend like we're better than One Party States like China, or Russia, or Cuba. Yet for my entire life America has had exactly one President.

x5m46xlm8b591.jpg

Babylon Drifter

Black Taoist
The failing New York Times is out here doing pro-China propaganda, smh.

Your idea of pro China and my idea of pro China are vastly different. I don't consider a story about a government that vanishes people (no matter how much money they have) to be a positive but then we don't agree on a lot of things.

Maybe he was caught making embarrassing gifts to the wrong people.

Ye Jianming was vanished shortly after it came out he gave Hunter a 100,000 dollar daimond, we don't know why these people are being vanished we just know they are, but calling it pro China reporting is an interesting stance.

Regardless, of your politics (whether you see the story as pro or anti China) I fail to see how reporting a government vanishing people reflects poorly on a newspaper, unless it is fake news...

Last edited:

CANtalk

NT TIMES PAYWALL….
Fwiw, I accessed it w/ incognito/privacy browsing & pausing/stopping the page upload.

Related links

Another pic if u can't see the site... v. cool story.
14mlb-jason-davila-fkbp-jumbo.jpg

Last edited:

florduh

but calling it pro China reporting is an interesting stance.

Mostly joking. But I did just watch a corporation drop a chemical weapon on a rural town for profit. Maybe we could use a bit of a crackdown on our homegrown business elite?

I don't know about "disappearing" anyone, but some prison sentences would be nice.

China might go too far. But we let the Sackler Family kill more Americans than every 20th century war combined. Not only are they still breathing free air, we let them keep being billionaires!

LAW AND ORDER!

CANtalk

florduh

:peace: :leaf:

globull warming= less shrinkage

Decides Terrence Howard GIF

Babylon Drifter

Black Taoist
Mostly joking. But I did just watch a corporation drop a chemical weapon on a rural town for profit. Maybe we could use a bit of a crackdown on our homegrown business elite?

I don't know about "disappearing" anyone, but some prison sentences would be nice.

China might go too far. But we let the Sackler Family kill more Americans than every 20th century war combined. Not only are they still breathing free air, we let them keep being billionaires!

LAW AND ORDER!

Prison sentences for American politicians? You should have your own comedy show during prime time. Unless you have something that might hurt the rest of the elites you're safe from prosecution in the USA, now as for committing suicide? That's a whole different story that doesn't spread embarrassing details in court.

Just look at what happened last week when they were releasing some Epstien files, balloons were everywhere, (possibly aliens oh my "lock your doors") trains were derailing and releasing chemical weapons, funny how so much bad shit happens at once the 24 hour news can't report it all.

CANtalk

Shia LaBeouf plagiarizes Daniel Clowes comic for his film, responds with plagiarized apology

His_Highness

In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king

Wish we could blame this on the Covid vaccines .... would give me something to look forward to when my next booster is due :D

Come to think of it .... It would give a whole new meaning to "Booster".....

florduh

David Frum, an unrepentant war criminal who helped sell Bush's illegal invasion of Iraq, is now laying the groundwork for a US Invasion of Mexico.

He's the most "serious" person to advocate for a new Mexico-American War this week. But there seems to be something in the air lately.

florduh,

florduh

This sanitation company is owned by one of the largest private equity firms in the country, Blackstone. Here's who they were hiring to clean up slaughterhouses.

FpkjGGsXoAAdxAC

Blackstone is worth about $950 billion. They were fined around $14,000 per child laborer. So I'm sure they learned their lesson.

Babylon Drifter

Black Taoist

This sanitation company is owned by one of the largest private equity firms in the country, Blackstone. Here's who they were hiring to clean up slaughterhouses.

FpkjGGsXoAAdxAC

Blackstone is worth about $950 billion. They were fined around $14,000 per child laborer. So I'm sure they learned their lesson.

They donated mega bucks to elect Biden and the Executive VP of Blackstone personally hosted multiple fund raisers for Joe and is expected to join his administration later this year. By some weird coincidence it now appears they have the contracts to rebuild the Ukraine. Nothing to see here, move along.

Last edited:
Babylon Drifter,
Top Bottom