Interesting News, Articles & Stuff

florduh

Our disgusting and illegitimate Supreme Court is poised to destroy what's left of labor unions in this country.

I've got a simple question. When is enough, enough? We've stacked the deck in favor of corporations and the rich over normal workers to a laughable degree over the past half century. But it's never enough for these ghouls.

If the court destroys the ability of unions to strike, there's no voting our way out of this situation. It will require more pointed action. People forget there were widespread actual Labor Wars in this country 100 years ago. Cops and workers exchanging live gunfire. Are the unelected scumbags sitting in that court really dumb enough to drag us back to that kind of shit?

Babylon Drifter

Black Taoist
Our disgusting and illegitimate Supreme Court is poised to destroy what's left of labor unions in this country.

I've got a simple question. When is enough, enough? We've stacked the deck in favor of corporations and the rich over normal workers to a laughable degree over the past half century. But it's never enough for these ghouls.

If the court destroys the ability of unions to strike, there's no voting our way out of this situation. It will require more pointed action. People forget there were widespread actual Labor Wars in this country 100 years ago. Cops and workers exchanging live gunfire. Are the unelected scumbags sitting in that court really dumb enough to drag us back to that kind of shit?

I though this thread was for current news, this story is older than I am.

You may have heard this quote before, it's pretty old though. Its more true than ever but still old news.

Governments don't want a population capable of critical thinking, they want obedient workers, people just smart enough to run the machines and just dumb enough to passively accept their situation.You have no choice. You have owners. They own you. They own everything. They own all the important land. They own, and control the corporations. They've long since bought, and paid for the Senate, the Congress, the state houses, the city halls, they got the judges in their back pockets and they own all the big media companies, so they control just about all of the news and information you get to hear.

George Carlin.

macbill

Oh No! Mr macbill!!
Staff member
Last edited:

florduh

When I say Elon Musk's only real talent is engaging in securities fraud, I'm not pulling it out of my ass.

The video, which Tesla CEO Elon Musk tweeted a link to saying that “Tesla drives itself,” shows a Tesla driving and parking itself, avoiding obstacles, and obeying red and green lights. The video starts with a title card saying that “the person in the driver’s seat is only there for legal reasons” and that “he is not doing anything. The car is driving by itself.”

He's the Elizabeth Holmes of the automotive industry. While it's seen a massive correction recently, Tesla's stock soared to absurd levels because Musk lied to investors and the public about the state of their "autopilot" technology.

He's already being sued by large shareholders for a separate fraud too.

Maybe it's hard to feel bad for Tesla investors. They bought magic beans from an obvious con man. But there's another problem with Musk's lies. Everyone in America who drives or uses crosswalks is involved in a dangerous beta test of a technology that is not ready for prime time.

AssistedLiving

Crypto lender Genesis preparing to file for bankruptcy​

Cryptocurrency lender Genesis Global Capital is planning to file for bankruptcy as soon as this week, Bloomberg News reported on Wednesday, citing people with knowledge of the situation.

A bankruptcy filing has been expected for weeks, after the company froze customer redemptions on Nov. 16 following the downfall of major cryptocurrency exchange FTX.

The collapse of FTX in November has claimed several victims including crypto lender BlockFi and Core Scientific Inc , one of the biggest publicly traded crypto mining companies in the United States, both of which filed for bankruptcy protection in the following months.

Genesis, its parent Digital Currency Group and creditors have exchanged several proposals, but have so far failed to come to an agreement, the Bloomberg report said, adding that Kirkland & Ellis and Proskauer Rose have been advising groups of creditors.

Genesis is also locked in a dispute with Gemini, founded by the identical twin crypto pioneers Cameron and Tyler Winklevoss.

Gemini offered a crypto lending product called Earn in partnership with Genesis, and now says Genesis owes it $900 million in connection with that product.

The U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission last week said it had charged Genesis and Gemini with illegally selling securities to hundreds of thousands of investors through their crypto lending program.

Babylon Drifter

Black Taoist
Disabled Veteran: George Santos Took $3K From Dying Dog's GoFundMe

Once again Mencken has a clear explanation.

"People do not expect to find chastity in a whorehouse. Why, then, do they expect to find honesty and humanity in government, a congeries of institutions whose modus operandi consists of lying, cheating, stealing, and if need be, murdering those who resist?"
H. L. Mencken

Planck

believes in Dog
“The government you elect is the government you deserve.”
Thomas Jefferson
“The people get the government they deserve”
Joseph de Maistre (1753-1821)

DaVapeGuy

Happens more often than one would expect. On the flightline, that was one of the safety things they drilled into our heads….dont walk within 6ft of the engine cowling if it is running, and 10ft if it is running full blast.
If they drill it into you in safety meetings why does it happen so often?

DaVapeGuy,

florduh

Why would he be criminally responsible? He's an actor, not a firearm expert. Zero chance of conviction and a waste of public resources.

Every movie featuring firearms will now only have digital muzzle flashes. I guess that's for the best, but it looks shitty.

Timps27

Feel like I’m winnin’ when I’m losin’ again
I just pointed out y'all letting him live rent free in your head and hearts while ignoring actual scumbags who made billions killing humans planet wide is kind of an odd preoccupation. Is it because you aren't allowed to discuss the real villains? Or is that you don't actually care about Dupont and Beyers history of genocide for instance? Or are just following the directions of the people who said It's fashionable to hate Elon Musk while ignoring the far more important issues. Epstien"s client list maybe, nah your more invested in criticizing (a waste of time and energy) Musk because it's easy.

Celebrating Putins misfortune, LOL. As I suspected some of you have very little idea about the world and are very susceptible to propaganda. Putins economy is way better than ours, we are broke, our military doesn't have enough weapons left to shoot itself in the foot, and if you ignore the propaganda and pay attention Putin seems to be winning the ground war. It's essentially an undeclared world War by proxy on Russia and they are still making gains on the ground... SMH.

I'm not going to waste my time with pointless finger pointing and moaning with y'all, it isnt my gig, but I will giggle and rubber neck as I pass by the clowns celebrations when the richest man in the world becomes the second richest man in the world and you gloat like it means his life is somehow worse.

This is the height of delusion. Putin was confident he would hold Kyiv and ALL of Ukraine by day 4 of the war. Russias military is a conscription farm taking the young and poor from rural regions and throwing them into a human meat grinder to satisfy the imperial lust of oligarchs. And they still can’t take or defend ground. And you have the gall to tell others they are listening to propaganda?

Critical independent thought is indeed dying, and those who are selling you on a post-truth era are all painfully obvious grifters. It would be comical if the very people who eat this propaganda weren’t themselves the victims, and weren’t poised to force it down everyone else’s throat at the point of a gun.

Babylon Drifter

Black Taoist
If they drill it into you in safety meetings why does it happen so often?

Because it takes less than a second of losing concentration, literally 1 second of anything less than 100% of your attention and you are likely to get sucked in or blown down (or into another jets engine). Working in the dark (as in no white lights) working in the rain with reduced visability. Working 16 hours straight in those conditions 7 days a week sometimes for 181 days in a row. Because someone else out of your line of sight turns a bird and it sucks you in or blows you down from behind. And because doing your job right requires being 6 1/2 feet from the intake 30 percent of the time. Things like turn around inspections that are required between flights NEED 2 people and 30 minutes, you will be alone and have 10 minutes, screw up, people die you go to jail. It's really fun when you're in the North Atlantic and waves are slamming into the ship so hard it makes you stagger, all while 6 inches from death.

How many little fuck UPS do you make a day? One is too many on the line, there ain't any little mistakes, no such thing as oops, sorry, I'll do better next time.

Yes that's a description of a Navy flight deck at sea, the shore is a little better but it's still dangerous as hell.

Dont get me started on civilian flight lines and maintenance or you'll never fly again

This is the height of delusion. Putin was confident he would hold Kyiv and ALL of Ukraine by day 4 of the war. Russias military is a conscription farm taking the young and poor from rural regions and throwing them into a human meat grinder to satisfy the imperial lust of oligarchs. And they still can’t take or defend ground. And you have the gall to tell others they are listening to propaganda?

Critical independent thought is indeed dying, and those who are selling you on a post-truth era are all painfully obvious grifters. It would be comical if the very people who eat this propaganda weren’t themselves the victims, and weren’t poised to force it down everyone else’s throat at the point of a gun.

Oooo a real expert, been there? Know anyone who has been or is on the ground? I do, and I get daily updates from people in the thick of it. You go on believing everything you read from people paid to lie about it. I will go on believing the guys risking everything because they believe it's the right thing to do. (They say the Russians are kicking thier ass where it counts)

I've sent boots to guys to distribute to the men they work with because they don't have any. You would think for 97 blllion dollars from the USA alone everyone in the Ukraine would have boots and training, well they don't, they do have have kids and old men fighting without proper training and gear because all the money and arms are stolen or sold by the corrupt Ukrainians running the show. No oversight and the Ukraine shut down thier press to prevent the truth from escaping. It's pretty much WW1 tactics with modern weapons, a total meat grinder for everyone involved. But hey we're getting to test our newest weapons on the enemy and the corporations and politicians are getting richer so all is well on the Ukrainian front, nothing to see here. Pay your taxes, eat your meal worm burger.

Last edited:
Babylon Drifter,

Timps27

Feel like I’m winnin’ when I’m losin’ again
Because it takes less than a second of losing concentration, literally 1 second of anything less than 100% of your attention and you are likely to get sucked in or blown down (or into another jets engine). Working in the dark (as in no white lights) working in the rain with reduced visability. Working 16 hours straight in those conditions 7 days a week sometimes for 181 days in a row. Because someone else out of your line of sight turns a bird and it sucks you in or blows you down from behind. And because doing your job right requires being 6 1/2 feet from the intake 30 percent of the time. Things like turn around inspections that are required between flights NEED 2 people and 30 minutes, you will be alone and have 10 minutes, screw up, people die you go to jail. It's really fun when you're in the North Atlantic and waves are slamming into the ship so hard it makes you stagger, all while 6 inches from death.

How many little fuck UPS do you make a day? One is too many on the line, there ain't any little mistakes, no such thing as oops, sorry, I'll do better next time.

Yes that's a description of a Navy flight deck at sea, the shore is a little better but it's still dangerous as hell.

Dont get me started on civilian flight lines and maintenance or you'll never fly again

Oooo a real expert, been there? Know anyone who has been or is on the ground? I do, and I get daily updates from people in the thick of it. You go on believing everything you read from people paid to lie about it. I will go on believing the guys risking everything because they believe it's the right thing to do. (They say the Russians are kicking thier ass where it counts)

I've sent boots to guys to distribute to the men they work with because they don't have any. You would think for 97 blllion dollars from the USA alone everyone in the Ukraine would have boots and training, well they don't, they do have have kids and old men fighting without proper training and gear because all the money and arms are stolen or sold by the corrupt Ukrainians running the show. No oversight and the Ukraine shut down thier press to prevent the truth from escaping. It's pretty much WW1 tactics with modern weapons, a total meat grinder for everyone involved. But hey we're getting to test our newest weapons on the enemy and the corporations and politicians are getting richer so all is well on the Ukrainian front, nothing to see here. Pay your taxes, eat your meal worm burger.

Cool story bro, all evidence in the world is fake and your “secret source” is the one and only truth. Got it.

I suppose Medvedev is western propaganda too, right? You know he just admitted that it looks like Russia will lose, right?

What is your agenda, because the truth is clearly not.

Timps27,
Reactions: Planck

florduh

You would think for 97 blllion dollars from the USA alone

Might be wrong, but I don't think we've sent Ukraine a red cent. We're giving that money to Lockheed, Raytheon and the other defense contractors, and they don't make boots.

It didn't escape my notice that the amount we're spending on Ukraine is about what our Afghanistan budget was in 2019/2020. My dad likes to say that if the Game Show Host was still President the Ukraine war would never have happened. My response always is: then what new war would American boys be involved in, because the Military Industrial Complex ain't taking a L. There are shareholders to think of.

I posted this back when everything popped off:

"The first casualty of war is truth". I tend to think the war isn't going as well for Ukraine as Western media is portraying. But it's sure as hell not going well for Russia either. This entire invasion has been a major failure.

Now you have previously neutral countries like Finland joining NATO. The war is literally bolstering NATO. There's just no way this ends up being a net positive for Russia. What's the best case scenario, they get to keep the Donbass region? Zero chance they can accomplish anything more than that.

I think the best move for everyone involved is to cut some sort of deal and end the bloodshed. Well, everyone expect the US State Department/CIA and the MiC. It's in their best interests for these Slavs to keep bleeding each other out for years.

Babylon Drifter

Black Taoist
Cool story bro, all evidence in the world is fake and your “secret source” is the one and only truth. Got it.

I suppose Medvedev is western propaganda too, right? You know he just admitted that it looks like Russia will lose, right?

What is your agenda, because the truth is clearly not.

First of all you need to know what Putins goals actually were/are, to decide if Russia will "win" but it's for certain the US and its allies aren't winning except for a few peoples bank accounts.

This war has only a few benefits to the United States. We get to attrit Russian military assets. We get to observe Russian incompetence at every possible level. We also get to observe as the Russians adapt, learn and improve. We get to test our logistic constraints in a distant war zone. We get to validate our TTPs and develop new ones. We get to burn off old ordinance. ... We get to test new ordinance. We get to test our EW capabilities against the Russians. We get to demonstrate we can destroy more than mud huts, Toyotas and tents . We get to launder money and the military industrial complex gets to feed.

Through sanctions we were able to wean the UK off of Russian gas and then reduced our own ability to replace it, why? Gee that's a good question isn't it? I guess it's just to show what being an ally of the USA gets you... Fucked.

We also reduced the dollars value while the Rubel finished 2022 as the strongest currency so that worked out eh?

We want it to last as long as possible to make as much money as we can off of the kinetic phase. Then the real money (and money laundering) begins when we have to rebuild. Blackrock and others are already filling for contracts. But I'm the one who believes the propaganda LOL.

BTW there are multiple sources that echo what I said. They just aren't MSM. For instance :

There is currently good maneuvering weather for armor. Listening to Col. McGregor this am and he is reporting 122,000 KIAs and approximately 35,000 MIAs and another 300,000 WIAs on the UK side. Meanwhile only16-20,000 Russian KIAs.

If anywhere near accurate , I find it difficult to believe the UKs can continue alone. He does seem to be one of the only media types predicting a complete UK conventional collapse but many others agree the UK ain't winning....

Last edited:
Babylon Drifter,
  • Haha
Reactions: Timps27

Babylon Drifter

Black Taoist
I always wondered what it sounded like inside of the echo chamber, thanks for the insight.

First you accuse me of being the outlier and the lone nut, now I'm the echo chamber, you don't even know what you're saying much less what anyone else is talking about. See ya...

Hey Floriduh, nope, the money went to the Ukraine, we're literally paying the government officials pensions and saleries look it up. Plenty of extra cash is flowing directly to the Military industry though.

Check these stories, we were nearly depleted of weapons in 2018 due to Afghanistan, things have only gotten worse. We currently have about 6 months of supplies for our own defense.

Even CNN admitted it.

We are being slowly bled out by our enemies and our own stupidity, most strategists agree China could invade Taiwan as soon as 2024 but probably no later than 2027. We will have expended our resources and ability to intercede by then and lose massively when China takes Taiwan. So what's Putin's real agenda? What have all the meetings and military drills between China and Russia been for? Hmmm I know what SunTzu would have said.... And it wouldn't be complimentary of our current administrations decision making.

Last edited:
Top Bottom