Information on Phire Legacy Glass?

Tamataz

Icelander
Me and my buddies have been buying Phire Legacy glass for a while, and i have absolutely loved the pieces. But i just stumbled on a post on a forum that was claiming that Phire is cheap china glass imported into California, where it is labeled and sold.

Does anybody have any knowledge about this brand? Ive tried to research it but there's not much to find.

Here's a link to the forum for those interested> https://tokecity.com/forums/showthread.php4?t=48589

(And our pipes were indeed bought from a Wildside Smokeshop)

Tamataz,

Tamataz

Icelander
Despite what people had said, I went ahead and bought the oil rig that i wanted. The price on this pipe was $250 but you can almost always get a deal. Its hits very smooth and what i like about it is that its really quick to clear. Good for oils. I got the rig, oil dome, TI nail, and m/m adapter for $260. Kind of high for (apparently cheap?) glass, looks like 3mm. I only wish the joint from the can to the mouthpiece was a little more beefy.
bQrMKJL.jpg

JDObGMj.jpg

a0OFEXi.jpg
Close up

Ne3DImR.jpg

Definitely happy with it. If you'd like some milk shots let me know!

tepictoton

Dunno, but seems pricey for a 3mm piece...check out the different glass blowers present here at on the forum for a comparison

and on closer inspection you can see a shitloads of bubbles in the glass that is used as a support for the joint in the second picture...:2c:

tepictoton,
Reactions: Buildozer

Tamataz

Icelander
Yeah i know what you are talking about, its almost normal for phires to have shitty bubble joints. But when i saw that piece at a smokeshop, i loved everything about it and had to get it. :rofl:

And i am by no means an expert at guessing glass thickness, i doubt the glass thickness is consistent, i think the can is thicker and the base is definitely thicker.

Thickness doesn't matter until it takes a fall :p

Tamataz,

z9

I've seen both phire and phire legacy pieces. Some with a flame for the "I" and some with a mushroom for the "I". I'm assuming they're the same blower/company, but I don't for sure. I have a phire 14mm dome... Not much to say about it. I've almost purchased phire pieces but always found a blemish or something that doesn't sit right with me. I have seen some really nice, thick phire legacy pieces with multiple stacks at local shops. And I've seen some amazing electroformed phire pieces in Boone, NC. If you like that.

z9,
Reactions: Tamataz

mvapes

Scratchin' Glass!
Accessory Maker
I had a Phire piece a while ago - It broke very easily. I have a piece I got from a head shop in Charlotte blown by a company called Zion Precision Glass - its an inline with an additional 8 arm tree - two color/7mm - and honestly the cuts are just as clean as some of my expensive shit. I heard they were chinese too and importing to the US as if they were blown here. Personally - I could give two shits who blew it if the price makes sense.

Hmmm - imagine blowing glass and not cutting your lips! :hmm: :rofl:

I like to kid folks....

TherealVaporblunt

Manufacturer
I have partied with the Phire guys a lot, and they are good people. They make really nice pipes. I think the china glass thing is rumors, I've been to their factory in the valley. I have a phire triple disk with slime accents on my table right now.

TherealVaporblunt,
Reactions: z9

z9

I have partied with the Phire guys a lot, and they are good people. They make really nice pipes. I think the china glass thing is rumors, I've been to their factory in the valley. I have a phire triple disk with slime accents on my table right now.

Pictures please!

z9,

redglassgallery

JHANPIXEL
Glass Blower
I'm not sure if PHIRE is a real brand in the states but I have seen these tubes being sold as chinese tubes and from the pics shown above the tube doesn't look like it was really well made, but i have seen worst come out of american shops

in the end does it really matter where the piece came from? if the quality is there and the price is sweet i say kudos to you

i know if i made a sidecar doughnut inverted showercap bubb for oil i would have to charge $275 for it and thats the FC online price it could be easily $350 in a LHS

although looking at the design of that piece it should have been a oil pc not flower and the shower cap could have been lower - i'd have to see vids to be sure but it looks like it would only act as a splashguard if anything

redglassgallery,
Reactions: Tamataz

SD_haze

I'm not sure if PHIRE is a real brand in the states but I have seen these tubes being sold as chinese tubes and from the pics shown above the tube doesn't look like it was really well made, but i have seen worst come out of american shops

in the end does it really matter where the piece came from? if the quality is there and the price is sweet i say kudos to you

i know if i made a sidecar doughnut inverted showercap bubb for oil i would have to charge $275 for it and thats the FC online price it could be easily $350 in a LHS

although looking at the design of that piece it should have been a oil pc not flower and the shower cap could have been lower - i'd have to see vids to be sure but it looks like it would only act as a splashguard if anything
Agreed,
I'm really curious to see if the 2nd reverse showerhead perc works,
(without needing too much water causing major chug)

SD_haze,

Tamataz

Icelander

My friend has that one too, are you talking about this? http://i.imgur.com/MhWFS4L.jpeg

In my opinion the disk perc is sitting at a good height. This piece is picky about water levels but the bubbler does have stacking going up the 2nd perc. Ill have to snap a video.

Tamataz,

Tamataz

Icelander
I apologize for the disgusting combustion. But rest assured the solo in the background was used right before that flower pack.

Tamataz,
Top Bottom