• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Important Announcement

Status
Not open for further replies.

despeRAWdo

Fan of Hot Air Makers.
I can not reach fcombustion.com on my phone. Is this a common problem, because mobile is my main way to access the interwebs.

Edit: nevermind was in a bit of a panic when I wrote that, just saw that the site is temp. down.

despeRAWdo,
Reactions: Summer

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
It's actually a problem with one of the servers that is affecting multiple websites that use our hosting service. I take no comfort in knowing that it's not just us, however. They are still working on it "diligently" and hope to have the issue resolved "shortly".

:bang:

Sativapo

Hi
Joined ! Hope you will manage to save old threads. There's crazy data in there...
Good luck !

Sativapo,
Thanks for the new site whatever name it ends up with. FC is the best community ever. NFC shall be as well.

archangelz001,

conanOrien

Great work navigating this shitty situation mods! I had been wondering about the lack of SSL for a while... I figured it was a cost/benefit decision.

This will not be easy and we will have to leave behind much of the vast knowledge base that has built up at FC. There are efforts underway to try to archive some threads and we will do everything we can to salvage what we can prior to the impending demise of our beloved forum.

My first thought is just scraping the forums with a python script.... what type of data are you looking to save when preserving threads? Should be able to pull down all of the markup and then strip out the good stuff.

POC could be a fun project for the long weekend ahead :brow:

Last edited:

Modicum

This is our "Library of Cannabis", It is historical in every sense. I would like to think that if every member were to depart this space and time , this" time capsule "of sorts would remain to enlighten the future FC'ers to carry on this wonderful marketplace in which we all share ideas & opinions of the lifestyle we love . "Hope springs eternal" Alexander Pope (An Essay on Man, 1732)

Summer

Long Island, NY
I'm sorry. I was trying to edit a reply and I think I crashed the new server.
I was doing exactly the same when it crashed.

Maybe it was both of us.

I just had the biggest belly laugh reading these posts because when the site went down I was also editing "numerous" times - and I thought maybe it was me! :lmao:

Then, I read BFF's post & I'm in stitches!
It wasn't an accident @Stu . It's the government man. They're trying to silence our voices. :peace:

The government and big pharma are trying to keep the little stoners down man. :myday:

Thanks, guys, I needed that! :lol:

OyVape

Not recognized by member name, email or password on the new site.

I have no idea what the Captcha clues are asking for?

Can you please use something less cryptic? or word it more clearly? or explain here what it means about the numbers it wants?

OyVape,

Jill NYC

Portable Hoarder

Can you please use something less cryptic? or word it more clearly? or explain here what it means about the numbers it wants?
How many colors are mentioned in the question? That is the answer. I agree, it’s a tricky question - especially for stoners!!

Jill NYC,
Reactions: Summer

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member

You must register a new account. If you don't understand the question, ask for another one.

pakalolo,

idboehman

Was able to register and confirm my account successfully (had issues when I tried after this thread was first posted). Fwiw my registration confirmation did end up in Spam but hopefully with everyone who uses gmail here pressing "Not spam" as well as the domain growing older, their categorization models will update and receiving emails from the site won't be an issue anymore.

POC could be a fun project for the long weekend ahead

Yup, i was thinking of trying to throw together an Apache Nuck crawler linked up to an Apache Solr install to provide search. Benefit of this is it could be left running to suck up all the posts that end up here during the transition to NFC. Simplest would definitely be to somehow recursively curl the website and then parse the data offline, the data is already structured so it really shouldn't be too difficult (famous last words)

Maryjanie

As many members know, vtac, the founder and sole administrator of FC, has been absent for many months—since April 14, 2018 to be exact. Unfortunately, he did not leave anyone with enough power to perform several important administrative tasks. This situation has slowly deteriorated to the point where we felt we either had to abandon the site and the community, or take drastic action. We therefore built a lifeboat.

These are the problems FC is facing:

• The owner and administrator, vtac hasn’t been heard from for over two years.
  • The domain is registered only until October 26, 2020. We don't know if it will be renewed. We expect that it won't.
  • Hosting service renewal is anyone’s guess, although it is likely tied to domain renewal.
  • The forum software hasn’t been updated since vtac left and the current version is no longer supported.
  • We are unable to update critical parts of FC without an admin (maintain rules, add/remove staff, assign members to groups such as Retailer, etc.)
  • The database is showing increasing signs of instability. This is not yet apparent to members but quite noticeable to moderators.
  • We do not know if the database is backed up, and even if it is, we don't have the access needed to restore a backup.
  • The daily bombardment of spammers is maddening and difficult to manage. We lack the ability to strengthen the registration procedure.
  • FC does not support SSL (https).
All attempts to contact vtac have failed. If FC goes offline for any reason, this community ceases to exist. With reluctance, we have bought new domains and purchased the latest version of the forum software. We are building a new forum that fixes the problems. We are striving for a familiar look but with the many enhancements that come with the latest software. There will be differences but we hope they will be positive.

We would like to try to get everyone interested moved over to the new FC as best we can. This will not be easy and we will have to leave behind much of the vast knowledge base that has built up at FC. There are efforts underway to try to archive some threads and we will do everything we can to salvage what we can prior to the impending demise of our beloved forum. In the meantime, some threads on the new site will link back to a legacy thread here on FC and FC threads may close down with a re-direct to the new site for the conversation to continue.

This will happen gradually over the next few days/weeks and we want to make it clear that we are not pulling the plug on FC by any means. Rather we are just pulling up a lifeboat alongside the Titanic that is FC as it heads straight towards an iceberg with no captain, no rudder, and taking on water.

If anyone is interested, we made this announcement over the weekend in front of some sponsors, retailers and other commercial members via Zoom meeting that you can view below for further information.

We encourage you all to register at our new home by going to newfuckcombustion.com or fcombustion.com.

Thank you.

I've tried signing up 3 times on the new forum. Im not getting the confirmation emails. They aren't in my spam or trash eithef

Maryjanie,

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
Yup, i was thinking of trying to throw together an Apache Nuck crawler linked up to an Apache Solr install to provide search. Benefit of this is it could be left running to suck up all the posts that end up here during the transition to NFC. Simplest would definitely be to somehow recursively curl the website and then parse the data offline, the data is already structured so it really shouldn't be too difficult (famous last words)

Before anyone puts a lot of effort into a project like this, I'd like to make everyone aware that we are working on a solution and your effort will probably be redundant. Thanks for the sentiment.

MGG

It's a shame we can't transition the stuff (posts, points, threads) over onto the new forum.
This site needs to be archived. It's literally the most detailed vape database on the internet.

MGG,

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
It's a shame we can't transition the stuff (posts, points, threads) over onto the new forum.
This site needs to be archived. It's literally the most detailed vape database on the internet.

There is no way to move the FC threads directly into the NewFC forums. We are working on building an interface to archived FC threads that we will host at NewFC. Stay tuned!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom