• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Important Announcement

Status
Not open for further replies.

RelaxedNow

I registered on the new site with no problems. Gmail did dump the confirmation email into my spam folder, but the link was fine.

I do like the format here better, but I was once forced to read “Who Moved My Cheese?” (maybe we even sang Kumbaya), so I guess I’ll have to get over it.

As to the forum name, I agree that getting the “fuck” out would be good, ‘cause I too like to browse when at the clinic. Really though, I’m just glad the mods have tackled this at all, so I’ll be happy with whatever.

bellas

I requested a “forgot password “ reset but the button to click on the email I received from you doesn’t work. I tried again with the same problem. It shows the button, button says reset but nothing to actually click on?‍♀️

bellas,

dotcodotuk

Congrats to the Admin team, this action shows a real caring for the community. I know for a fact that doing this isn't cheap, so when the new site is up and operating think about offering a "premium" membership or something similar to help defray the costs. I will gladly contribute.
Even as someone who reads far more than they post, I wholeheartedly agree with everything @Relaxed has said there, especially the contribution side of things.

FC helped me to FC and it is a wonderful resource and community. I look forward to finding out if we can help you with the move.

dotcodotuk,

MegaMan2k

agreed.
and isnt here already an option to donate in some way, that should be carried over to the new site aswell for sure.

Im mostly concerned about the visuals, im hoping we will get the pattern, and also the entire site is "wider" than here, that and the colours is the biggest factor in making it feel like good old home imo

MegaMan2k,
Reactions: Planck

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
also the entire site is "wider" than here, that and the colours is the biggest factor in making it feel like good old home imo

This is an issue with styles. If I could copy the styles here then I would, but we don't have the access needed to do that. Have you tried switching styles at NewFC to see if one of the other choices works better for you?

pakalolo,

Squonk

Hello admin, I tried to register and didn't get the email. Thanks for the new site and all of your efforts. Just a suggestion if its not too late but the name could be simply fc.com ... Thanks again for all you are doing!:tup:

Squonk,

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
I requested a “forgot password “ reset but the button to click on the email I received from you doesn’t work. I tried again with the same problem. It shows the button, button says reset but nothing to actually click on?‍♀️

If you are in Gmail this could be a spam filter, you have to be able to check off that you agree it is a safe email then it will let you click the links

Shit Snacks,

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
Hello admin, I tried to register and didn't get the email. Thanks for the new site and all of your efforts. Just a suggestion if its not too late but the name could be simply fc.com ... Thanks again for all you are doing!:tup:

Hi, I can't find you on NewFC. Did you get registered?

fc.com would be fantastic, but a two letter domain hasn't been available since the early 90s.

Polarbearboy

Tokin' Away Since 1968
To my shock because I'm running AOL on an old Mac, I registered without a problem, the response email came in regular New Mail not spam, and the Fuck You and FC Official Meme threads made me laugh so hard I thought I might die. When I get Up There after the real thing, I'm going to ask the head Guy--or Gal--to make you folks Saints!

Thanks so much to the staff for keeping FC going.

KeroZen

Chronic vapaholic
On another topic, as many of you are aware, despite removing every use of "fuck" in the new forum registration procedure and sending email from fcombustion.com, gmail is still classifying our confirmation emails as spam (...) There doesn't seem to be anything we can do about this except post a prominent warning in the registration popup.

There is a lot you can do to improve the situation.

Have the new server send a mail to the addy generated on this page: https://www.mail-tester.com/

Then go to the results, it will tell you what you need to do to improve. Until you have a 10/10 score you will get delivery issues. PM me for help.

PS: newly registered domain names (ie less than one month old) are automatically added to many spam lists, as spammers create and drop domains on the fly usually. You'll likely encounter that and it should get removed in due time.

On the other hand where should we discuss that problematic new section on the site that my fellow EU member and me already tried to evoke in private?

Last edited by a moderator:

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
There is a lot you can do to improve the situation.

Have the new server send a mail to the addy generated on this page: https://www.mail-tester.com/

Then go to the results, it will tell you what you need to do to improve. Until you have a 10/10 score you will get delivery issues. PM me for help.

PS: newly registered domain names (ie less than one month old) are automatically added to many spam lists, as spammers create and drop domains on the fly usually. You'll likely encounter that and it should get removed in due time.

On the other hand where should we discuss that problematic new section on the site that my fellow EU member and me already tried to evoke in private?

We already scored 10 out of 10 there, thanks for the suggestion. There are other sites you can use for testing and none of them find a problem. It doesn't seem to be anything to with our configuration. gmail is almost certainly nailing us for sending out too many confirmation emails in a short span. We've tried to comply with everything gmail recommends on their page https://support.google.com/mail/answer/81126 but we can't control the frequency of confirmation emails. You can register as a bulk emailer with gmail and I've done that, but it takes up to two weeks for it to take effect.

The problematic section that you mention is only visible to registered members. You can discuss it here or on NewFC.

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
Is there anyway to load a custom background on new FC themes or that would need editing the style ?
There are pretty similar ones that can be found online :).
81eeda06acb3b90a711da2939d5b7663--iphone--wallpaper-phone-backgrounds.jpg
d5a65a06ef8fac6b1d2e659dca42e383.jpg
4f040ebbe99f4dc279f163ddceba07fb.jpg
52146051-vector-violet-shiny-color-hinduism-sacred-geometry-flower-of-life-seamless-pattern-dark-background.jpg

I would also love to see some kind of Flower of life pattern :D..
I am really good at making demands and offering nothing,so please excuse me :D.

Abysmal Vapor,
Reactions: C No Ego

TelFiRE

If you need any help with CSS stuff I'd be happy to offer assistance. Also, has the site itself been archived? If not, it'd be a good idea to download the whole site as static files, and you could make those available on an archive on the new site.

Sorry if this has already been discussed, just saw OP. Hope the new site works well and if I can help with anything feel free to PM or email me.

TelFiRE,
Reactions: Planck

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
Is there anyway to load a custom background on new FC themes or that would need editing the style ?
There are pretty similar ones that can be found online :).
81eeda06acb3b90a711da2939d5b7663--iphone--wallpaper-phone-backgrounds.jpg
d5a65a06ef8fac6b1d2e659dca42e383.jpg
4f040ebbe99f4dc279f163ddceba07fb.jpg
52146051-vector-violet-shiny-color-hinduism-sacred-geometry-flower-of-life-seamless-pattern-dark-background.jpg

I would also love to see some kind of Flower of life pattern :D..
I am really good at making demands and offering nothing,so please excuse me :D.

I added the FC background to the NewFC Shades of Gray styles. It turned out to be quite a challenge.

710yota

Have you heard about the boom on Mizar 5?
I added the FC background to the NewFC Shades of Gray styles. It turned out to be quite a challenge.
Thanks for taking up the challenge it looks great! I really liked the plain black but there's something about the patterned FC background that makes me feel at home!

710yota,
Reactions: pakalolo
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom