Important Announcement

Status
Not open for further replies.

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
Haha yeah it began out of necessity at work and then it became my main source of FC! I actually need to switch over to a new phone, the new site will probably look even better there...

Screenshot-20200514-173518.png

^this is how it looks for me now here

I think you're using the FC default style but I can't be sure. We don't have access to the FC styles. I've selected two dark styles, and there's the default Xenforo style which is light. Have you tried switching styles to see if that helps?

I much prefer the look of this compared to NFC.
It is much more readable.
Color, contrast and formatting are more legible.
All the icons are present, not little empty squares.

So we are at least two and I don't use a phone.

Same question for you, have you tried switching styles? I don't know why you would get empty little squares for anything. Could you provide a screen shot so I can get some idea of what might be happening?

@Stu @pakalolo Thanks for your efforts guys. FC is definitely worth saving. Been a member here since 2012 and even when I've gone away for a while, this place has endured.

Just registered at the new site and waiting on my email.:)

No confirmation email for you. You are using a VPN, I think. At any rate, the IP you registered from is flagged by our spam filter as a spam source. I approved your account manually so there won't be an email. Try posting there. Your posts might wind up in the approval queue, so you might need to find a way to get a different IP.

Last edited:

Planck

believes in Dog
Same question for you, have you tried switching styles? I don't know why you would get empty little squares for anything. Could you provide a screen shot so I can get some idea of what might be happening?
I've replied at NFC with screen captures, thanks.
Yes I've tried all the styles.
Thanks.

Planck,

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
I think you're using the FC default style but I can't be sure. We don't have access to the FC styles. I've selected two dark styles, and there's the default Xenforo style which is light. Have you tried switching styles to see if that helps?

Oh, yeah I don't think I ever messed with the layout or anything here ever, and I only made sure to be on the dark style there so all default...

What newFC looks like for me on my phone:
Screenshot-20200514-200029.png

And again, old FC looks like this for me:

I like old blue usernames and quote bubbles, orange likes and accents, plus the old avatar photos and header styles. I guess I don't have any real issue per se, I just fear change :uhoh::D

Last edited:

Midnight Toker

That is not a drug, it’s a plant.....
No confirmation email for you. You are using a VPN, I think. At any rate, the IP you registered from is flagged by our spam filter as a spam source. I approved your account manually so there won't be an email. Try posting there. Your posts might wind up in the approval queue, so you might need to find a way to get a different IP.

Lol you're right I am. Thanks for the manual approval. I'll shut it off at the new place if I have any issues.

Midnight Toker,

blokenoname

DIY Log Dabbler 😁🪵💪💨💨💨
What we're trying to come up with is a searchable database of archived threads from FC, with a practical way to view them.
Trying out the SiteSucker right now, aiming for three levels deep. That should give me the index page, the forum and thread levels and keep the file size hopefully manageable. Tried unlimited levels before, but then you'll end up with roughly 1/2 a million files to copy :D

Edit: Yep. This works fine :) Going for 3 levels, you'll get a usable forum copy of roughly 5000 files... threads, links, pics and all and preserved in a folder of roughly 180MB total size.
Click the index.html and enjoy your very own FC copy offline :clap:

Takes roughly 10 minutes to download all in all and I used the last freely available version of SiteSucker for OS X 10.8 or higher, you can load from the app's site.

Last edited:

jardri

Vapor Dreams
I am so sad having to say goodbye but am also excited to try the new forum. Keep on the good work! I wish we can save all this site´s knowledge for future generations, its so sad to lose such a huge amount of effort and dedication from people all over the world.

MegaMan2k

The new site has a much darker color scheme than the real one, too depressive -.-

We all need to come together yes, in the hacking of Vtacs gmail

Last edited by a moderator:
MegaMan2k,
Reactions: idboehman

FlyingLow

Team NO SLEEP!
LOL. FYI, you can change the scheme. Mine on NFC is bright, white and blue.

I have seen a few complaints over the schemes, but I do believe any issues with layout or colors will quickly be overlooked after using the new site for a bit. It flows, has integrated uploading for pictures, and is just better in many ways.

Schemes can be changed and updated, perhaps if the software company receives enough requests they might offer a "Retro" option. :hmm:

FlyingLow,

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
Oh, yeah I don't think I ever messed with the layout or anything here ever, and I only made sure to be on the dark style there so all default...

What newFC looks like for me on my phone:
Screenshot-20200514-200029.png

And again, old FC looks like this for me:

I like old blue usernames and quote bubbles, orange likes and accents, plus the old avatar photos and header styles. I guess I don't have any real issue per se, I just fear change :uhoh::D

If I could find the theme that vtac used then I would gladly install it, but I have tried and failed.

tennisguru1

EXCELSIOR!
If I could find the theme that vtac used then I would gladly install it, but I have tried and failed.

When I sign on I get "The New Fuck Combustion" is that what you are going with?
Not Fcombustion ????
I feel this sis big mistake, letting Reddit and such seem legit.This name holding
back many contributors that will never come here and share knowledge.
Bad start my opinion Give it up & Grow Up everyone!

tennisguru1,

Moses Baca

Colorado State Reformatory #8755
I'm registered on the new site, thanks for all the tips in this thread. The reply was in my spam folder, the link was blank but it worked, I got the pop-up warning...click through all of it and I'm in.

The newfc website -

maxresdefault.jpg

Moses Baca,
Reactions: Jill NYC

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
When I sign on I get "The New Fuck Combustion" is that what you are going with?
Not Fcombustion ????
I feel this sis big mistake, letting Reddit and such seem legit.This name holding
back many contributors that will never come here and share knowledge.
Bad start my opinion Give it up & Grow Up everyone!

Yes, this is what we're going with for now, at least. There are several reasons for this, but I think the one I'd like to emphasize is that we are, after all, trying to be a successor to a highly successful forum with a prominent profile. It's bad enough that we are losing our position in search results without sinking even deeper without a connection back to the original forum.

At some point we might try to make the transition to fcombustion.com but now is definitely not the right time. Even if we do, newfuckcombustion.com isn't going anywhere.

Hippie Dickie

The Herbal Cube
Manufacturer
i kinda like "NewFC.com" as the domain name, which has been tossed around a bit.

Also, is there a forum feature where you can extract/view just the images from a thread? with a link to the posts?

tennisguru1

EXCELSIOR!
Yes, this is what we're going with for now, at least. There are several reasons for this, but I think the one I'd like to emphasize is that we are, after all, trying to be a successor to a highly successful forum with a prominent profile. It's bad enough that we are losing our position in search results without sinking even deeper without a connection back to the original forum.

At some point we might try to make the transition to fcombustion.com but now is definitely not the right time. Even if we do, newfuckcombustion.com isn't going anywhere.

I understand and will grin and bear it. :>(
I respectfully disagree BTW
That is a short term short sited outlook
There is no completion out there as long as it is Federally illegal.
My vote is to prepare for the future and build.
but I digress to your wisdom

tennisguru1,

FlyingLow

Team NO SLEEP!
Also, is there a forum feature where you can extract/view just the images from a thread? with a link to the posts?

+1,000,000
This is such a useful feature on other forums.
Usually found under a "Thread Tools" tab, to Show All Attachments in Thread.

FlyingLow,

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)

Thank you for your time and efforts!

Yeah I think it's also just that the new one is more designed, like modern forums and comment sections, I just prefer the more old-fashioned style we have here... The way the layout has nice distinctive separation between the user posting and their post content primarily.

Vaporific

All who wander are not lost...
My registration email landed in my Junk folder. I vote for fcombustion.com - many public WiFi’s won’t recognize fuckcombustion and likely newfuckcombustion.com. Glad to be here (again). :peace:

EDIT: and thank you to all the mods for maintaining this online community! :tup::peace:

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
i kinda like "NewFC.com" as the domain name, which has been tossed around a bit.

NewFC.com is taken.

Displaying all images in a thread becomes impractical in longer threads. I've looked for such a tool for Xenforo and all I could find was a suggestion that it might be nice to have. The fact that no one has written such an add-on is a clue that it might not be practical. I'm not sure what kind of load it would place on the serer, but I shudder at the thought of someone using that on the DynaVap thread.

disGRUNTled

Signed up no confirmation email in any of my folders , hit resent still nothing .....

disGRUNTled,
Reactions: Stu
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom