Discontinued Imp by MistVape

wall

Hi guys, need some more experienced opinions...I’m still relatively new to vaping, especially when it comes to 510 mods.

I’m interested in the Imp but my concern (why I’m reaching out because I don’t know if it’s a valid concern) is the coils. I had a Stempod which worked great, but for myself, in order to produce vapor the coils were getting super hot and glowing. Having read that that can be bad (toxic offgasing from oxidizing?) I ended up reselling it and sticking to my splinter.

Can someone enlighten me on the Imp, and glowing coils in general? Am I worrying about a non problem?Appreciate it. Thanks.
I’ve always been concerned about glowing coils but sadly the testing that was done doesn’t do as much as I would like. I was just talking about this at champs actually. They tested coils turned up really hot to show that it happens rather then look into when it actually starts happening. Anyways the imp impressed me because it doesn’t glow and produces vapor. Not sure if this because of the fact it’s a 14mm or just the design in general but I think it works great! Hope this helps

Gardenerjeff

Author, Teaming Series of Organic Grow Books
Wow. As soon as the store is up, get one or these. Where else can you get session or on demand vaping with fantastic taste? No where.

The taste is simply as good as you are going to get....hit after hit.

It is as efficient as the vap cap, maybe more so, which simply means it is extremely efficient with a tiny bit of weed going a long, long way.

The wooden stem is terrific, much to my surprise. Some really tasty hits I thought only glass could deliver.

The difficulty is dealing with the Mod. Way too complicated, IMHO. What is the simplest one to get? Once mastered, however, wow. THIS IS A KEEPER.

Gardenerjeff

Gardenerjeff,

mistvaporizer

Manufacturer
The web store is up. Had an it issue least night but all is good now
@antispleen great video. Two things in the video that really stand out, notice the great hits from the first draw and the abv is barely changed color after all that vaping.
I'm really happy with the Imp's performance

Last edited:

mistvaporizer

Manufacturer
Shipping through order 298 today. Imps are all ready but i need more stems.
I'm having screens made so I'm not sending the three extra screens with the orders but will send them later
Added an option to the store today, the Imp (with the new stems of course) and a mod loaded with tubo firmware (talked to lamart and worked this out, it's legit). Mod similar to the evic vtwo mini included. Priced at $175 which assumes the mod is $40 and software updates $35.

Last edited:

paytonpenn

Level 30 Nature/Healer
So I've been rather quiet but I have been in love with this thing. I've been planning content but this thing has been evolving so quickly I didn't want to post anything outdated and confuse anyone.

There have been a few changes since my previous Imp video and they have been very significant quality of life improvements.

Airflow on the newer sleeves/bodies is greater and with the newer wide bowls the restriction is a lot less and you can pull even denser rips through water or quicker hits native. It's been said but the wider bowl does help increase the overall extraction consistency. I think we may have to change the stir tool to a tamp and poke tool.

I have been using a Fury dosing capsule in my stem and it's been giving a killer extraction and working extremely well for concentrates.

Here is a stream I did a couple of days ago. I get some amazing rips through water around 15:50

DeezVaprz

I have been using a Fury dosing capsule in my stem and it's been giving a killer extraction and working extremely well for concentrates.

Oooh, I saw a vid Antispleen did with the capsules and got some added to my cart. Haven't been a fan of the Crafty capsules due to the tedious nature of refilling but they do work well for on the go use (which doesn't matter since the crafty stays home mostly). I've been taking the Imp out and about with me so I think the Fury capsules are the right move. Are you using the capsules all the time now or still loading directly into the stem from time to time? Any issues with airflow after multiple uses/clogs?

Thanks!

Improvaper

I've pretty much been using the capsules only recently, I took out my screen from the body. I haven't noticed any airflow issues. The stem itself with the beads gets clogged the most.

How's the flavor? Identical to stems? That's the biggest issue I have loading the Imp body with herb or when using S+B capsules in any convection vape that accepts them. Just doesn't taste as good to me.

Regardless, I just ordered some Fury caps. I've been lugging a StemPod and 3-battery mod to the studio with me for the convenience of capsules. I'd love to get this going nicely with the Imp.

mistvaporizer

Manufacturer
I think the capsules only work with the new stem. We are offering three pack shorty stems which you can pre pack and take along like capsules

mistvaporizer,
Reactions: Improvaper

Improvaper

I think the capsules only work with the new stem. We are offering three pack shorty stems which you can pre pack and take along like capsules

I've got a lot of custom stems at this point lol. Some with shorter 14/10 connections that should fit. If not, Argo stems with an o ring is a backup option. Not to say I don't like your new stems. I do! Just a little redundant for me at this point.

Edit: yes, apparently the Argo stem will work fine.
jwkdbjferpk21.jpg

Last edited:

mistvaporizer

Manufacturer
I've got a lot of custom stems at this point lol. Some with shorter 14/10 connections that should fit. If not, Argo stems with an o ring is a backup option. Not to say I don't like your new stems. I do! Just a little redundant for me at this point .
It is not so much the stem as the new body. The body now has an opening of about .57" where as with the original it tapered from about .57 down to .5" about.
So the new body has room for capsules. Let us know if you get them to work with the original

Improvaper

The argo stems fit the whole way to the bottom so I think I'm good. I will confirm whether the capsule with lid fits, though.

Alex3oe

Accessory Maker
Got my Imp today. Tested all three stems, the wooden one through glass, since I came home from work. Can only say :o!

Hadn't expected so much from such a small device for this price. But the Imp performs really great. I put in a weed hash mixture and started at 16 watts. Had to go up to 18 to get nice clouds. When I had to stir, I put in a second screen afterwards, to hold material, and got up to 23 watts. Even, nice roasting and extraction.

The stem with the cooling beads is such a fucking sweet thing, everyone will love this optic for sure. But I thought, the normal glass stem performs a little better, bit more taste and more even roasting. Cooling of the normal stem was enough. But as I said, I only tried each stem once up to now, no scientific testing, will investigate deeper :D

e:
One question. The handbooks says to use the Imp between 14 to 23 watts. I'm using a Paranormal 250c with a Splinter Z in power mode, having "Boost" on cause it gives a little more control in an easy way. It boosts your watts for a little more than 30% for less than a second. So from a set wattage of 20, the boost will get the device over the 23 watts. Could this cause the coils or even the Imp to get damaged?

Last edited:

mistvaporizer

Manufacturer
Got my Imp today. Tested all three stems, the wooden one through glass, since I came home from work. Can only say :o!

Hadn't expected so much from such a small device for this price. But the Imp performs really great. I put in a weed hash mixture and started at 16 watts. Had to go up to 18 to get nice clouds. When I had to stir, I put in a second screen afterwards, to hold material, and got up to 23 watts. Even, nice roasting and extraction.

The stem with the cooling beads is such a fucking sweet thing, everyone will love this optic for sure. But I thought, the normal glass stem performs a little better, bit more taste and more even roasting. Cooling of the normal stem was enough. But as I said, I only tried each stem once up to now, no scientific testing, will investigate deeper :D

e:
One question. The handbooks says to use the Imp between 14 to 23 watts. I'm using a Paranormal 250c with a Splinter Z in power mode, having "Boost" on cause it gives a little more control in an easy way. It boosts your watts for a little more than 30% for less than a second. So from a set wattage of 20, the boost will get the device over the 23 watts. Could this cause the coils or even the Imp to get damaged?
That wattage should be fine. The recommended wattage is so people don't fry their herb on the first try.
The coil will withstand a good bit of wattage

Dave, what mod are you using
Shipping through order 298 today. Imps are all ready but i need more stems.
I'm having screens made so I'm not sending the three extra screens with the orders but will send them later
Added an option to the store today, the Imp (with the new stems of course) and a mod loaded with tubo firmware (talked to lamart and worked this out, it's legit). Mod similar to the evic vtwo mini included. Priced at $175 which assumes the mod is $40 and software updates $35.
Dave, what mod are going to be using with this option, since Vtwo is kind of difficult to get? I found a bunch on eBay, but colors are very limited. I like my Stormtrooper Mod. That’s his name. Lol

mistvaporizer

Manufacturer
Just wondering the outer diameter of the imp body?
1" is the outer body diameter.

Dave, what mod are going to be using with this option, since Vtwo is kind of difficult to get? I found a bunch on eBay, but colors are very limited. I like my Stormtrooper Mod. That’s his name. Lol
Whatever mod i can get that takes tubo firmware. Rock bottom Vapes has had stock but not all colors.
Lamart has list of mods that take the firmware
http://shop.lamart.ch/index.php?route=product/category&path=72
I've set up a few with the vtwo and use that myself

mistvaporizer,

Improvaper

I went back and tried loading the Imp body with herb tonight in advance of receiving my dosing pods. I had not tried it since getting these 14/10 short connection stems.

Wow! What a performance! It works so much better than with standard 14/23 connections. I can get really consistent thick clouds right away at low temps (330-370), and the abv is as even as it gets. No hit on flavor... It's consistently great for the very long life of the bowl. So weird how much better it is compared to my first attempts at this.

Can't wait to see how these dosing caps work out. My StemPod got a little less impressive tonight, lol... the Imp is a real beast!

Alex3oe

Accessory Maker
Wrote bullshit yesterday, Imp did his job :D

"Boost" pushes watts not up 30% but 18.5% in original settings.

Weather is shitty, I've a free day and an old vtc mini a friend gave me, when I got my Splinter but had no box mod yet. So I'm gonna put the Tubo firmware on and play a little around. Have to go way deeper into all this box mod stuff with it's different modes and materials and settings and potentials and ... Have no idea of this :)

paytonpenn

Level 30 Nature/Healer
How's the flavor? Identical to stems? That's the biggest issue I have loading the Imp body with herb or when using S+B capsules in any convection vape that accepts them. Just doesn't taste as good to me.

Regardless, I just ordered some Fury caps. I've been lugging a StemPod and 3-battery mod to the studio with me for the convenience of capsules. I'd love to get this going nicely with the Imp.
Yeah, pretty much identical, the flavor isn't improved but I don't think its heavily tainted. It doesn't really add much more metal like the S&B pods since its screens. It's like how an EQ elbow cap or VXH ELB adds flavor.

mistvaporizer

Manufacturer
Just wondering the outer diameter of the imp body?
1" is the outer body diameter.

Whatever mod i can get that takes tubo firmware. Rock bottom Vapes has had stock but not all colors.
Lamart has list of mods that take the firmware

I cut a body open to show how the Imp is constructed. The air path is maple, glass, ss, and gold plated electrodes. The air comes in from the side at about coil height
ADC45-B3-D-8-AEB-4-B19-8-DEA-4-CB6132-D2600.jpg

No worries that body wasn't up to standard so i didn't trash a perfectly good Imp

Last edited:

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
@mistvaporizer Great stuff you got there ! That wooden mod cases like the one in @antispleen video matche great with the imp also having the FJ software loaded makes it even more intriguing .
Loving that cut trough photo,great simplicity of design and yet looks so highly functional .
Are you planning on doing calibration on the software for each set to match the temps close to reality like FJ does ? Many people arent getting that this is one of the most essential parts of the production and it takes extra time and dedication.

Last edited:
Top Bottom