• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Image Attachments

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Yeah, that is the hoster I was trying to remember. For a couple years I always used them, and those pics have not come back.

Yeah because they did not block us, blacklist whatever, they just have expiration for the photos they host apparently...

Shit Snacks,

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
No, tinypic.com shut down, and I'm sure they just shut down their hosting server. I have copies of everything I hosted there, but there is no way to redirect existing links to another server in our software.

"Due to an inability to support a high-quality free digital service that derives 100% of its revenue from ever declining on-site revenues, TinyPic has shut down its operations. As previously announced on this website, September 16, 2019 was the last day for our users to access their accounts to download their images."

Jill NYC

Portable Hoarder
Yeah I know, that's what I use, more so than imgur, I'm saying I don't know how to use the upload feature here, to upload photos directly without a hosting site...
I just figured out how to make pics smaller a few weeks ago, but since we currently can’t use it here, I can’t remember the exact steps to show you, but pretty sure it gives you chance to resize when you click on “options.”

As soon as it is live again, I will double check and let you know for sure! It’s hard to teach us FCers new tricks!!

Shit Snacks

I just figured out how to make pics smaller a few weeks ago, but since we currently can’t use it here, I can’t remember the exact steps to show you, but pretty sure it gives you chance to resize when you click on “options.”

As soon as it is live again, I will double check and let you know for sure! It’s hard to teach us FCers new tricks!!

Oh I don't have Apple, but yeah if there is an option when I click upload here to resize that way, I guess I can start doing that instead of going to imgbb! Thanks all

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...
There is a bunch of free “resize” apps for Apple iPhone/iPad, or you can email yourself the photo, and choose to send yourself a smaller version of the photo. Regardless, I’ll be waiting till the native photo attachment feature returns before posting with photos. :(

RustyOldNail,
Reactions: Petetbay

Shit Snacks

There is a bunch of free “resize” apps for Apple iPhone/iPad, or you can email yourself the photo, and choose to send yourself a smaller version of the photo. Regardless, I’ll be waiting till the native photo attachment feature returns before posting with photos. :(

Thanks yeah I don't have Apple stuff, but I'm sure I could get apps for that, I just don't like getting apps lol And emailing myself the photo sounds more tedious than using the hosting site! Oh well no big deal

Shit Snacks,

kel

FuckMisogynists!
Apple stuff is very good for image processing before uploading, very powerful tools made easy to use! I really like it :)

I never use my mobile here, always desktop, aways send photos via Airdrop to my computer from my phone before uploading ha!

kel,

LesPlenty

Company Rep
Hopefully, when the upload feature is enabled again it will have auto-resizing when you upload as Vaporasylum does...saves a lot of mucking around resizing manually. :2c:

kel

FuckMisogynists!
As someone who does similar things for a living I both know the kinds of things involved and how a temporary solution can sometimes be troublesome!

This might not be popular, but I don't mind waiting a bit longer for your properly implemented longer term solution :tup:

Good luck!!

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
I rarely read FC from my phone, only when at the computer so I haven't run in to any phone posting issues. I do usually email a photo to myself before posting it from the desktop, and my android email program offers to change the images size, which is nice and makes it easy. I DO have a image resizer that is a right click away on my puter, but I am also a big fan of Irfanview which is a free and powerful image editor.

Hippie Dickie

The Herbal Cube
Manufacturer
is it up yet? i had no problem posting to my thread with images yesterday. just noticed the image attachment message today. did i break it? pretty small JPGs.

Hippie Dickie,

Shit Snacks

Oh fuck yeah I guess I can do it myself now too! If this works... Mini OAB that vgoodiez is going to have for sale soon:

Edit: Oh it looks like the image is just attached, so it's blurred out until you click it to view? And you cannot put it in between, in line with your text, not such a fan of that, but something different that I will use once in a while I guess!Screenshot_20211019-001423.png
Edit again: Oooooh yeah! Thanks Rusty

Last edited:

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...
Oh fuck yeah I guess I can do it myself now too! If this works... Mini OAB that vgoodiez is going to have for sale soon:

Edit: Oh it looks like the image is just attached, so it's blurred out until you click it to view? And you cannot put it in between, in line with your text, not such a fan of that, but something different that I will use once in a while I guess!

You should see a drop down choice of full image or thumbnail. You should also be able to add text below the image as I did in my edited post above yours.

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
This method gives us several options.
1635113310595.jpeg
You can just drag and drop it (or copy and paste). Or you can hit the attach button and then go find it, and then choose between full size or thumbnail.

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal

Edit: Oh it looks like the image is just attached, so it's blurred out until you click it to view? And you cannot put it in between, in line with your text, not such a fan of that, but something different that I will use once in a while I guess!View attachment 13811
Edit again: Oooooh yeah! Thanks Rusty
That piece is very cool looking, but it confuses me.

Shit Snacks

Haha yeah I'm on my phone so the only option is the attach button and it works well!

That piece is very cool looking, but it confuses me.

Haha do you know the Collyland Aromatizer (formerly Art of Vapor VapBong) One Armed Bandits? This is a Mini OAB, come on over to their thread in the plug in section so I can explain it to you there on topic :D

BabyFacedFinster

Anything worth doing, is worth overdoing.
Just a couple questions from a tech numb member. I just want to make sure I understand.

I transferred some photos to my chromebook from my iphone. I was sure to remove the geotag from the photos before I sent them to my computer. Does my computer also set a geotag or anything else concerning on the photo when it receives the download?

Also, with geotag removed, is a photo just as safe to insert on the site as any other post I type? I understand there are always risks.

BabyFacedFinster,
Reactions: LesPlenty

kel

FuckMisogynists!
Just a couple questions from a tech numb member. I just want to make sure I understand.

I transferred some photos to my chromebook from my iphone. I was sure to remove the geotag from the photos before I sent them to my computer. Does my computer also set a geotag or anything else concerning on the photo when it receives the download?

Also, with geotag removed, is a photo just as safe to insert on the site as any other post I type? I understand there are always risks.

If there is no geo data in the photo when you upload it, it won't be re-added unless you are using something explicitly to do that and you have geolocation services turned on in the first place.

I turn off location services on my phone unless I actually want them for something.

In Preview, hit Command -> I to bring up the View Info pane, if you can't see any geolocation data on the tabs of info then you're good.

Re. risk assume everything you do is public and behave accordingly. I assume I am known and anyone determined with a minimal level of intelligence could probably find me... hey, pop round for a beer and a vape :tup: (you weirdo! :freak:)

p.s. I will show you the previous visitors graves they are really cool! Honest!

Squidge

Butane powered
I still can't post photos.Keep getting the message, "Image cannot be posted from the passed link"

What am I doing wrong?

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
You can still add photos to your posts if you host them on a hosting site like imgbb.com and then link them here. Reply if you need help with that, tho it is posted earlier in this thread.
blackwood-vc.jpg

Actually, here is a link to a good description from another thread. There is a lot of info around that post as well...

Last edited:
Top Bottom