• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Image Attachments

CANtalk

FWIW, I got the same "Oops, we ran into a problem" when trying to upload a 2.4 MB picture. No problems with two pictures at < 1 MB each.

LesPlenty

Company Rep
I have put up to 1.9+MB pictures OK, just stay under 2MB, easier said than done with my new POCO X3...64mp camera...crikey!

LesPlenty,
Reactions: CANtalk

CANtalk

I have put up to 1.9+MB pictures OK, just stay under 2MB, easier said than done with my new POCO X3...64mp camera...crikey!
Thx! I keep it simple doing cell phone camera pics... but even old... it's still a top rated camera phone and 18 MP on JPG settings :tup:🤯. I usually crop a shot, but still... full-res rocks and is usually >2 MB with excellent detail. Luv the fresh cannabis flower pictures shared here on FC 👍. My stable (so far) source for up to for high-res pictures has been Reddit at 5 MP (or more)... for the reddit subscribers. If you can't find a forum where a picture fits, post in r/pictures, lol.

But no matter the size limit, I still support any picture attachment here on the FC forum now. Thx so much FC! I'll try to post what I reasonably can here under the file size limit.

:peace: :leaf:

Last edited:

Planck

believes in Dog
In the first post after vtac I recommended free irfanview. I finally posted an image and thought an example of what it can do in this thread might be helpful help.

This image has no data and is only 104.11 KB (106,605 Bytes)
Untitled.jpg

The image size I specified is 1024 x 768 pixies. :) Literally a couple of minutes work total.
Cheers

Marlox

Irfanview is an excellent free image viewer that does a great job of compressing images for the web. Simple and fast with quality output.

AIR It will also strip EXIF data. Supported by the developer since the 90's
I can't second that enough...
With the "Save for Web"-Option (plugin for IRFanView) i am able to compress a 4MB picture to around 150kB without noticeable differences... AND it wipes away any EXIF-Data that could be used to identify anything regarding this picture (camera used, geo-tag and so on)

Planck

believes in Dog
Temporarily, Isn't that message more than a day or 2 old....
Days, weeks?
Can't even cut and paste like the old days!
It's been up since shortly after the down time.
I can cut and paste just fine. That is unlikely to be a site issue though behavior is somewhat different depending if BB code is toggled on or off.

Second from the right top of reply window, "More Options" "Toggle BB Code"

Planck,

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...
Hopefully it comes back, too much work using outside sources to add a photo for me to bother anymore. It’s a useful tool for helping and explaining to other members. My participation until then will be minimal. :(

RustyOldNail,

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
For the most part I continued to use hosting sites to save FC from having to pay for storage, but it was nice when you were in a hurry to just attach something directly...
Puffy-battery.jpg

cybrguy,
Reactions: Summer

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
For the most part I continued to use hosting sites to save FC from having to pay for storage, but it was nice when you were in a hurry to just attach something directly...
Appreciate the consideration for FC's server's resources, but the image is stored on the server whether you upload it directly, or link to a hosted image. That way if an image host goes under (like many of them have), the image will still be viewable on FC.

The More You Know Kitty GIF

:peace:

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
This is a new feature? It didn't happen when imgur went down for us for example. Or, as I understand it, with other hosters that went away.

cybrguy,

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
Oh. I thought that happened because vtac got them to relent on blocking us when he returned.

I guess I won't bother hosting anymore when you get your attachments back up if it doesn't help you guys. It is a few extra steps...

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Oh. I thought that happened because vtac got them to relent on blocking us when he returned.

Haha as if they would ever relent or even listen to us! I think it was the new domain, maybe higher security helped?? It's a shame tinypic Links are dead though I had used that place for a while after lol

I guess I won't bother hosting anymore when you get your attachments back up if it doesn't help you guys. It is a few extra steps...

I would like to stop, but I still don't really even know how to use the image feature here, to upload my own, since I am always on my phone, no clue how to adjust photo size or even like see that anywhere lol

vapeape77

Haha as if they would ever relent or even listen to us! I think it was the new domain, maybe higher security helped?? It's a shame tinypic Links are dead though I had used that place for a while after lol

I would like to stop, but I still don't really even know how to use the image feature here, to upload my own, since I am always on my phone, no clue how to adjust photo size or even like see that anywhere lol
Been using imgbb, don’t have to create an account and straight forward to drop a link

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Been using imgbb, don’t have to create an account and straight forward to drop a link

Yeah I know, that's what I use, more so than imgur, I'm saying I don't know how to use the upload feature here, to upload photos directly without a hosting site...

Shit Snacks,
Reactions: LesPlenty
Top Bottom