Im baaaaaaack

AGBeer

Lost in Thought
Hear you on the alcohol, magical stuff; if fungi are alien invaders, it is, quite literally - alien pee, and I love it! I enjoyed reading up on yeast and how it works.

Any spirit based over indulgence isn't going to end well, so getting a handle on that is probably a good idea.

I find that beer is way more fun, I highly recommend getting into brewing your own, the complexity of flavours will delight you, the process is as geeky as anything ever gets, and flavour profiles are infinite - it's an ace hobby! Yes, it encourages regular drinking, but there are only so many pints you can drink of an evening, I find four is about my limit, but that's all dependent, you can brew something that's a low ABV super moreish gulper, or a high ABV sipper with endlessly evolving flavours, or anything in-between.

This evening, the temperature, wind and sun were just lovely - we get about 5 or 6 days a year like this, so I have enjoyed a pale ale, an IPA, a stout and a blonde... all home brew, all very different, all excellent! Yes I am slightly tipsy, but I am satisfied and it's good for me.

Oh don't I know it :D (Hence my name)
When I first started here I was brewing beer like a madman. Started with extract then went All Grain (AGBeer)
I then went dry and sold all of my shit because... Well, sometimes the reset button needs to be hit and that was one of those times.
Nowdays as much as I *love* beer (and craft beer) it doesn't play nice with the ketogenic lifestyle. (Which makes me have a sad)

JBone65

But fuck, it beats polishing copious amounts of rum on a weekly basis. :|
Welcome back! I'm a newbie at FC but have been a weed-burner for half a century. Have been vaping (mostly) for ~12 years.

Found your comments especially interesting because of my recent experience. I'm finding that regular vaping, averaging 15-16 hits with the grasshopper io per day, has somehow caused me to lose all interest in alcohol. Grew up drinking Coors from an early age, eventually developed a taste for scotch as well. Can't explain it, just no longer want it.

Strangely, have been making healthy improvements in several other areas as well, including radical diet changes and letting go of other detrimental life-long habits.

I always wanted to believe that weed was good for me. It probably wouldn't be good for most people, but now I'm sure it's good for me and I might can enjoy it until I'm 100 years old. YEE-HAWWW! :myday:

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
Sorry I'm a little late to the party. That's supposed to be cool, right? It was such a pleasant surprise to get your PM last week, @AGBeer. Hard to believe it's been 12 years since you joined. I suppose change is to be expected in that amount of time.

Thanks for being so open in your posts - it's comforting to know that someone else you respect doesn't have everything figured out either. Finding a healthy balance and "everything in moderation" isn't so fucking simple, whether it be with substances or work or recreation - whatever.

12 years ago legal pot was a dream and finally people are waking up. Hopefully it can provide a tool to help people find a healthier and happier balance in life.

:cheers:

Top Bottom