I just saw the moon

stark1

Lonesome Planet
Recent, local, news

Due to developments in instrumentation, astronomical observations conducted beyond the visible spectrum reveal

Hi 👋

Our humble galaxy the Milky Was, an ordinary ~(bar)~ spiral in visual, it seems, sports radio lobes.

Who knew

‘Lo! :whoa:

The Milky Way also has “Fermi Bubbles”, lobes perpendicular to the galactic plane, created by high energy gamma rays, in the opposite end of the electromagnetic spectrum.

Their Causality?

Stay tuned! :cool:

Last edited:

stark1

Lonesome Planet
the voice singing GIF by Boomerang Official

A Star is born

stark1,

stark1

Lonesome Planet
What my science teacher didnt tell me:

That the Andromeda galaxy has not one, but two nuclei.

Visual image of Andromeda

Infrared image of Andromeda’s core

Or that there are other instances of multiple nuclei galaxies ( HST, infrared )
"

Will these galaxies eMERGE as Seyferts, as the nuclei (with their black holes) eventually meld, producing 1000x
The luminosity of the host galaxy?

In the case of Andromeda, would the then AGN appear as a Blazer, should it become face-on over time,
Or even more climactic, will the solar system become a rogue sun, and orphaned planets, wandering alone in
Intergalactic space. Busted.

Later (on the cosmic scale), when Andromeda and the Milky Way approach closer each unto the other, will there again
Be a supermassive spiral with a double nuclei, with their massive, heavy black holes spiraling into each others
Embrace?

—And eventually, a bigger, build back better ~(Andromeda+Milky Way)~ Galaxy. ;)
A much LARGE-eR one.

Things my science teacher did not teach me.

Last edited:

stark1

Lonesome Planet
SOLAR TRANSITS
The inner planets

The last Mercury transit was on May 9, 2016

The next one will be on November 13th, 2032

Venus’ last transit was on June 5th, 2012

The next transits of Venus will be in December, 2125.

If you are on Mars on Friday, November 10th, 2084 ( and still kicking )

you will see Earth’s transit, lasting about 8 1/2hours.

As an added attraction, you will see the moon transit as well.
Question is, will it lead, or follow, then?

Stay tuned.

—As for a Martian transit of the sun, well, we would have to be on Jupiter,
or one of its moons. By July 8th, 2040.

Jovian transits

Triple Galilean moon transit, left to right: Europa, Ganymede, and Callisto’s shadows cross in front of
Jupiter, on August 15, 2021 Earthdate.

Question: Where is Callisto?:ko:

stark1

Lonesome Planet
👀:rip:Look way back in this thread as I posted the ISS transiting the Sun.

While watching an ISS solar transit might be fun, I much prefer a lunar transit 👀 :cool:
—being a nite owl, and such :sherlock:

Cant Imagine the swan song of the iconic ISS when it is plunged into the ocean, in 2031. Sad.
Of course we might have gone “boom!”, before then....

ISS Earth transit

Last edited:

stark1

Lonesome Planet
Have you seen the spectacular horizontal bands of sunlight emanating from a rising, or setting sun?
They are called crepuscular rays, by the illuminati. Or “God Rays”, by the religious.

Religious architects often exploit this concept to build vertical cathedrals of light beaming down on awed worshippers.

Shafts of light shining through clouds of smoke, and dust.

Crepuscular sunset

Whirl around, and if you are lucky you may see similar columns of light, converging on a point on the opposite horizon, with a moon setting, or rising.

These the “enlightened” termed anti- crepuscular rays. Haha

An artifact of perspective, these dimmer, and elusive columns can sometimes be just as dramatic.

An anticrepuscular perspective, moonrise.

Evening epiphany, the Bridge

Crepuscular sun, setting over the City

Last edited:

stark1

Lonesome Planet
:rip:Around 7:25 ET this morning, the Chinese Chang’e T-1 rocket booster ( must h’ve ) impacted in the Hertzsprung some 500 kmwide crater, on the far, “dark” side of the moon, close to Mare Orientale— (detected perhaps by the seismic instruments left by the Apollo missions some fifty years ago?).

A 7 1/2 year old “Long March”. And a new impacted crater.

Full moon, from Earth
Y

Last edited:

stark1

Lonesome Planet
The Fallen Astronaut ( by Paul Van Hoeydonck )

Left on the lunar surface by the “All Michigan” crew of Apollo 15 (Jul 26, 1971 – Aug 7, 1971), along with the names of the 14 US/USSR astronauts/cosmonauts who died in the frenzy of the Space Race, in the 2nd half of the 20th Century.

1. Charles A. Bassett II
  2. Pavel I. Belyayev
  3. Roger B. Chaffee
  4. Georgi Dobrovolsky
  5. Theodore C. Freeman
  6. Yuri A. Gagarin
  7. Edward G. Givens Jr.
  8. Virgil I. Grissom
  9. Vladimir Komarov
  10. Viktor Patsayev
  11. Elliot M. See Jr.
  12. Vladislav Volkov
  13. Edward H. White II,
  14. Clifton C. Williams, Jr

The falcon feather/and hammer used to prove Galileo’s theory of objects falling at same rate in airless
(frictionless) space, as well as a bible
Were also left by the lunar module (LM “Falcon”: Scott/Irwin) crew of Apollo 15 .

Last edited:

stark1

Lonesome Planet
The British are coming! The cheeky British are coming!

On the 1st US lunar landing, the British Union Jack preempted the US flag raised by the crew of Lunar Module Eagle.

A British Apollo engineer (Keith Wright) working with NASA took a cheeky opportunity to draw a teensy English flag on a solar collector, along with the names of his fellow countrymen working on the mission project.

Armstrong and Aldrin didn’t have a clue, as the Eagle touched down. Some fifty years later,
Wright finally divulged his loony secret to the moon.

As an Antique Roadshow bonus memorialbilia, he also managed to wrangle the signatures of Armstrong/Aldrin in that instant in time.

LM Eagle ascent stage as seen from Comand Module Columbia upon approach, and Earthrise

An Apollo (Command / Service) Module, as seen from its Lunar Module upon approach
+ service

Last edited:

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal

If only there were words from aliens that could bring us together when stupidity pulls us apart...

ALL THESE WORLDS ARE YOURS, EXCEPT EUROPA.
ATTEMPT NO LANDING THERE.
USE THEM TOGETHER. USE THEM IN PEACE​

CrazyDiamond

Crosseyed & Painless
From the sequel, which a lot of people hated, I liked it and that message. Sadly, Jupiter isn't massive enough to turn into a star...but introduce more mass...
Instructions confirmed, Dave. It is good to be working with you again. Have I fulfilled the mission objectives properly?

Last edited:

stark1

Lonesome Planet
After Putin’s jerked Ukraine invasion, followed by massive sanctions, Russia’s space agency Roscosmos posted
A misinformation video of Russian near earth researchers undocking their section of the ISS, and floating away—leaving the
American(s) stranded on the ISS:

—Thrusters which keep the 500 ton ISS in orbit above earth are Russian, and attached to the Russian portion.

(Another sweet tweet by the Russian Roscosmos disinformation clusterfuck, and its head, Rogozin )

Looks like a rescue by a SpaceX Falcon 9 broomstick ! :cool: Up-coming
Plus, the Dragon capsules can be used as thrusters to prevent the ISS from its Icarus-like plummet from its near earth
Orbit.

After the Crimea steal, Rogozin had tweeted amidst the international outcry and sanctions that the US and its allies would have to use a
Trampoline to bounce up to the ISS if Russia refuse space on their resupply launches.

However, after spaceX’s Dragon capsule delivered its payload to the ISS, Musk tweets back at Rogozin,
“The trampoline worked.”

Space Tesla

Last edited:

CrazyDiamond

Crosseyed & Painless
FYI, we are able to make course corrections to the ISS as well as the Russians; Scott Kelly verified (gotta love Scott going at Rogozin on twitter in Rogozin's own language...lol)(hopefully you all know who Scott Kelly is). The two Russians and one American were supposed to come back on a Soyuz, and as @stark1 mentioned, the Russians threatened to leave our guy behind. We've already said, not a big deal. He can stay a few extra weeks until the next Crew Dragon in April.

Top Bottom