I just saw the moon

macbill

Oh No! Mr macbill!!
Staff member

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
246275667-10159755409974224-8678433544914143736-n.jpg

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In other news:

The Milky Way is more warped than astronomers thought

skowron4HR_16x9.jpg

Last edited:

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
All this discussion of the James Webb telescope on the tube is really getting my geek juices flowing. I assume this discussion is because the telescope launch is just a month away. I am getting more and more worked up as that date approaches. We have been waiting for this for soooo long. 100 times as powerful as Hubble. Yikes, I am so excited. I need drugs to calm down. (I know, any excuse)

CrazyDiamond

Crosseyed & Painless
@cybrguy I actually try and forget about it...until it's actually up there AND functioning as it is supposed, THEN I will get over the moon geeked out about it. I'm not trying to be pessimistic, but that thing has had nothing but delays and setbacks. I am TRULY hoping ALL goes as expected for JWST.
I saw the moon, lol
IX2DNLk.jpg

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
Shhhhhhh... Don't say that. We have been on this one for 30 years now.

If it IS cursed, it will be due to it's name. I, however, am hoping for absolute success as I am sure you are. But 30 years is a long time to work on anything. I worry about it being packed up and ready for too long...

CrazyDiamond

Crosseyed & Painless
And I was thinking today that the technology on it is now "old", relatively speaking. I did say I hope the best for it. What I'm really looking forward to are the new humongous telescopes coming out...40m mirrors are insane (ELT Chile), 30m TMT going on top of Mauna Kea, the 24.5m Giant Magellan Telescope in Chile, and the Vera Rubin Telescope at 8.4m but with a wide angle view and a first light hopefully October 2022...the only issue with that one is the wide field view because satellite constellations will f up the image especially during twilight and early/late evening.

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
NASA is relying quite a bit on SpaceX with good reason. I almost wish JamesWeb was on one but Ariane 5 has a good record as well, even with many fewer launches.

Top Bottom