Hydrology 9NX

bkkbob

Obsessive Collector
I have been a bit sick for the past week or two and was in bed so that kind of prevented me from giving a really thorough post.

Everything in my last post is accurate, what I failed to say, is the build of the unit is extremely well done, it feels fantastic in the hands, The temperature control is perfect for extracting all the terps out of flower. and for doing low-temperature dabs. The interface is very intuitive and the colors make it a very interesting device to use in group settings, the flower bowl can hold roughly .6 grams in my rough guesstimate.

I really think it's a fantastic device and I am very pleased with the purchase, I need to play more with concentrates, I felt that the water perhaps made them less intense. I have one issue. I used the unit for 2 days and the battery failed. They immediately agreed to send me a new kit and didn't even request me to return the defective one. But I tried to check out the battery and learned the real problem was that water leaked into the circuit board below the rubber gasket seal. So I hope this is not a production issue and it was just an anomaly.

They were extremely quick to replace it, it will be here tomorrow, and as long as that was an isolated incident I highly recommend taking them up on the 420 deal they are offering mow. This is one of my favorite portable vapes (non-artisian) that I have used in a very long time.

Sorry for leaving you all hanging so long. I was in bed for several days recovering from a personal issue, but I wanted to clarify the simple post I made late last night as I was a bit out of it as my first day back in action.

Flower lasts forever if you fill the chamber as well, with two people we must have gotten a good 8-10 big hits each on a single bowl. This performed on par with the Toffee Bowle in my opinion but the water filtration made the hits a lot more tasty until the end and no harsh hits ever, and it made the material last so much longer than most devices I have used. It's a high-end device, and it performs well for the price.

Feel free to ask away.

@RobbIt Than this is potentially a real problem, it was not the battery it was a water leak, they just claimed it was the battery.
@ArseNick I also agree that if I wasn't a collector this would not be a vape that I would chose as my only vape. The rest of the bundle I havent touched either, I tried the grinder and I couldnt get my ground flower out using the dispence function. So if its the same price for 420 go for it, but if the NX is cheaper alon I'd probably just get that.

Last edited:

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
Just surprised no one else has reported on this thing yet. Everyone threw all their money in a Bowle, Firewood and VapBong?
Well i think they didnt earn a good reputation with their previous model. First they tried to advertise conduction as convection and i read there was also PTFE in the heating chamber .
Imagine spending that much money and then finding out you have unwanted materials in the air path at a later phase. You are welcome to throw your cash towards it and tells us about it though :D...

bkkbob

Obsessive Collector
Man for flower alone, I really enjoy this device a lot, I think they just had to sort out some production issues. Fingers crossed, this next batch will be flawless. It's definitely good for what it is, if the small bugs can be worked out!

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
Man for flower alone, I really enjoy this device a lot, I think they just had to sort out some production issues. Fingers crossed, this next batch will be flawless. It's definitely good for what it is, if the small bugs can be worked out!
Can you post pics of inside the chamber ? Is really convection involved this time ?
Is that white thing on top silicone or ceramic

bkkbob

Obsessive Collector
Can you post pics of inside the chamber ? Is really convection involved this time ?
Is that white thing on top silicone or ceramic
Its silicone on the top, the interior bowl is ceramic. Let me try to post some pics. But the silicon the airpath goes through the back of the chamber which I believe is a gold (I presume plated) magnetized thick circle that forms the airpath with the stainless steel upper portion that has a similar gold plated O). I think these O's are involved with generating the heat in the camber almost in an induction fashion ( I could be completely wrong, but that is how the device appears to work to me ) So, I guess if that's correct, it would be hybrid conduction and convection. Let me try to get some pic on Imgur in a bit. It really is a very good device for flower. I enjoy it more than the mighty for the price, but again I've gotten two units that were DOA, so let's wait to see if the new lot fixes the battery issues. The user-replaceable battery is a very loosely applied description (that's a certainty) :) Here are the images on Imgur:
Give me your thoughts, I'm dealing with the director now, after getting the 2 bad devices in a row (battery issues) and he's quite a good guy, so if you have questions re the airpath I can try just asking. There's actually 4 photos if you go to the link,

Last edited:

FlyingLow

Team NO SLEEP!
As kind as they might be to deal with, sounds like a poor success rate with 2/3 units being received DOA.

They have a lot of work to do before I'd give them business.

floribud

@bkkbob Thanks for posting the pix. The biggest problem with Hydrology from what I've read was always the conduction bowl. When Cloudious came out with the Atomic9 they advertised a "hybrid" heating system. I bought the Atomic9 since I love minivapes (perfect for my 10 minute dog walks). I've tried the Airvape XsGo, Yocan Vane and then the Atomic9. Imho the Atomic9 was by far the best of the lot as far as taste was concerned. The little cooling maze they put in was surprisingly effective for cooling(at least on the lowest two temps) and there was good flavor on the lower settings. My first though was "I hope they redo the Hydrology with a version of this heater". From the pix the NX chamber looks very similar to the Atomic9. I'll probabably jump in on the NX once the initial issues are worked out.

One question, did anyone try it without water? Seem like, at least on low temps, just having all that glass might provide enough cooling and preserve more flavor without the water.

bkkbob

Obsessive Collector
It's quite good with the water, I agree they need to get the production and Q/C issues worked out before it's really market-ready. They supposedly made all the tweaks in this new batch which I am soon to receive. I really do love the vape or I would have just gotten a refund. It uses the material very well and a small amount goes a long way in medicating effects, the lights everyone loves (not my cup of tea, but the GF only wants to use it now). So I think it's a good product and worth the money, and the fact that they are so concerned about the user experience that they ship replacements right away shows that they have really good intent, They'll nail it, or they wouldn't.t keep shipping them. I'm confident the next one should be good.

junny89

I was picking one of these up but COVID hit me bad. I’m having to wait to pick it up and no one in the UK stocks the yet.
I have all the Cloudious range so far and want to pick the nx as i loved the og.

junny89,

bkkbob

Obsessive Collector
I will have my new one on Saturday, the only one that has stock now is Claudius. Perhaps wait to see if the battery and seal are fixed, I'll post by Monday. Either way, they will replace the units at no charge until they are perfect, but the import charges add up! PM me if you want specifics after Saturday on the new production run.

junny89

I will have my new one on Saturday, the only one that has stock now is Claudius. Perhaps wait to see if the battery and seal are fixed, I'll post by Monday. Either way, they will replace the units at no charge until they are perfect, but the import charges add up! PM me if you want specifics after Saturday on the new production run.
Of course I will do! Did you get it by any chance ?

bkkbob

Obsessive Collector
Yep, let me use it today and let the water sit in it for 48 hours, the give it a rinse with iso and water, and see if it us still working. Fingers crossed!

Gnome34

I got one of these about a week ago. Still testing/honeymoon period but honestly I have been very impressed with this device. It is just cool.

I do have a question for any other owners out there, my unit constantly flashes red when charging. Never turns green. However when I unplug it and check the battery level it is green. Is this normal? It still functions perfectly and recharges etc but I find it odd the color of the light does not change while charging.

I have yet to try the concentrate set up, I will likely do that next week. But one full week of daily use with herb and I am a fan. Clouds are ok nothing too crazy but the effects are excellent. Very potent device without harsh vapor in a small form factor; count me in.

EDIT: It does turn green it just takes patience and I guess I ran out of that today! Probably charged for 2-3 hours before finally saying it was done. The battery has not run out on me yet though, so no complaints on charging time from me.

Last edited:

bkkbob

Obsessive Collector
It's a great device, just keep it empty with no water when not in use, and you should be okay. Support is second to none, any problems and they immediately send a replacement. I got a few bad units in the initial batch. but I'm very happy with this vape!

Gnome34

Still really digging this device. I haven't babied it either, left it sitting with water for days at a time with no issues. Dabbing with it is quick, I'm new to dabs so I kind of made a mess of it but I will learn in time. The quick heat up time is always a pleasure. Have cleaned everything and find it fairly easy but some of the silicone bits will never be white/clear again I don't think. That doesn't bother me too much. I think this is a really decent product. If concerned about purity of the airpath I would skip this but if that is not a concern and you are interested I recommend it.

eideal852

I'm also stoked on the NX.
New to me, but sweet. Def reminds me of all the "its not about the clouds" stuff i read as I first started in with vaping (coughMFLBcough)- perfectly stealthy hits from the Klaxon-volume look of the brightly lit biocontainment module

One I got only came w flower chamber, but liked it enough to buy the concentrate deal too, annnnnd too easy. I do however think dabs are a wee bit too strong for me, I'm sure I could climb that hill, but don't know if that's the better choice here...

it DOES act up a bit (white LED blink a la "no chamber detected") more often than I care for, but one emailed question and now I'mawaiting delivery of a replacment flower chamber to see if that does it...

it just feels so NICE.

eideal852,
Reactions: Gnome34

Gnome34

I hadn't used my NX in a while. Today I got home from work early and decided I wanted a dab. Charged the NX to full in about a half hour, add water, dab!

Dab was fantastic.

Notice something floating in the bubbler/glass. Specks and debris. I assume it must just be dirty or somehow got quite a bit of dust in it. So I decide to break it down and do a full deep clean.

The battery has corroded! Just like a car battery with the white dust. It made quite a mess inside the device. I cleaned everything well and tested to make sure it held water, all good there. Powered it up to see what would happen-it is functioning just fine.

Not sure what to do, I will send an email to cloudious but this is kind of freaky. Couldn't get all the white dust stuff off of the top metal nut either. Sketchy!

I do want to note that I think the air path on this one is so clever. Easy to clean every portion on the air path with included brushes and some q-tips.

eideal852

yeah i have some white on that nut (huhuhuhuh) but i thought calcium/hard water. batteries all look good

eideal852,

Gnome34

yeah i have some white on that nut (huhuhuhuh) but i thought calcium/hard water. batteries all look good
I had a similar thought when I started disassembly. Once the metal sheath came off and the battery was exposed it was clear.

I just emailed cloudious, I won't be using the device again with this battery. Though I don't think it is in the air path but I may be wrong on that.

Shame, I really love this device for dabs. It's phenomenal honestly, super fast heat up and lovely vapor. Cleaning took a little longer than I like but it was oddly enjoyable. Probably cause I was high!

eideal852

Hahaha. Yeah. A few times it’s a little cloggy and a couple leaks but I’m the same. Especially for dabs- end up stoned enough that I tear it apart and have at it.

their support is top notch, so I can’t imagine they won’t set you straight with the battery, if not let me know I may be able to help you out.
Although, now you have me a little stressed. I’ll have to take a better look and see if what I thought was mineral deposits is actually death leak

eideal852,
Top Bottom