• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Hydrology 9NX

WelshBrok

I like how it’s kind of a peak/carta etc thing + their classic water bottle type design and it seems from the marketing that it’s not flower with concentrate as an afterthought or the other way around like most other portable rig things.
Don’t think I want one but it’s interesting and different enough from the standard pen atty on a bong format for me to follow it (and hopefully not impulse buy later)

junny89

valid points by all. It just look different and nothing like anything else. They have, well it sure seems like they have fixed some major issues.
ahh the first version for me has still been a good device if taken care of.
p.s can’t remove the italics

PPN

Volute of Vapor
Their last one was great in concept, shitty in performance.
Not sure I could be tempted by a new version...
I agree the idea was good but not the perf although they probably improved it. Somewhere it's said "rich convection vapor" and , in the clip, it's said it's a conduction chamber for flowers... I'm leaning on the conduction heater though....

I think a slightly wider base would be better for stability.

PPN,

junny89

Seems like it’s the same size as the last one so no wider base. It’s available in the bundle with the black carry case which was for the first hydrology.
more I think about it the more I want it. Just to see how much it is improved over the first.

junny89,

bkkbob

Obsessive Collector
I think I'm gonna pull the trigger (actually did), but was having second thoughts after realizing all the flaws in the first one. I think I'll just go ahead and get it, and share my feedback here in a few days. The orders already processing, so a new toy at least. Will post a semi-review as soon as it arrives. If there are specific things you want me to try or test to see if they have worked them out go ahead and just respond to this post or PM me.

junny89

I think I'm gonna pull the trigger (actually did), but was having second thoughts after realizing all the flaws in the first one. I think I'll just go ahead and get it, and share my feedback here in a few days. The orders already processing, so a new toy at least. Will post a semi-review as soon as it arrives. If there are specific things you want me to try or test to see if they have worked them out go ahead and just respond to this post or PM me.
Awesome ! Which one did you go for? Concentrate and flower?
I’ll have to wait a bit as they haven’t got international shipping yet so I’m unable to purchase currently.

junny89,
Reactions: RobbIt

bkkbob

Obsessive Collector
I went for both. I was having second thoughts but I decided to roll with it. I realized it has only been out for like 2 days. Hopefully there are no hardware revisions in the next production run. No retailers have these yet. Beta tester :)

junny89

I went for both. I was having second thoughts but I decided to roll with it. I realized it has only been out for like 2 days. Hopefully there are no hardware revisions in the next production run. No retailers have these yet. Beta tester :)
Ahh nice! Well bud envious of you, I’d be there right with you but for now I will have to wait for when they can ship me one.
i think this is the retail unit, so at least not actually just in testing phase.

junny89,
Reactions: RobbIt

floribud

The pure conduction of the original Hydrology was a big turnoff for me. But when they announced their hybrid Atomic 9 with a built-in cooling maze in the mouthpiece I bought one for ~$50. I gotta say it's the best piece of shit microvape out there. It has better and longer-lasting flavor than any of the cheap pocket vapes. Hell I just broke out my Boundless Tera and the vapor out of that tasted like poo compared to the Atomic 9. So yeah I've been looking forward to a Hydrology with a hybrd heating chamber. Can wait to see the first reviews. 2021 is shaping up like a very good vape year: Taffee Bowle, S&Bs upcoming Mighty+, now this thing... The only thing I don't like is that hot chamber sticking out the side. They designed it like an E-Rig and I fell like I'd burn my fingers reaching for it... or more likely my friends would burn their fingers off when I pass it to them... guess that will only happen once

ArseNick

So I grabbed the super bundle, came with a handheld “convection conduction vape” that smelled really bad when I did a burn off so I haven’t even looked at it, And a grinder. Now the grinder it comes with grinds nicely and it will fill the oven pretty accurately, but you can only empty it with the vibrate feature and I can already see a lot that’s stuck inside. I thought I was going to hate the hydrology 9nx...but honestly I kinda like it. It legit doesn’t need to be stirred burns evenly and no combustion. The hits aren’t as smooth as I’d like, especially through water, but they’re still pretty clean. It is what it is. I think it’s a great unit and would recommend this to a collector, but don’t get the bundle, just buy the stand alone unit. As for concentrates it does the job, it’s got a coilish thing that heats up a cup and seems to work great, but I only used it once to check it out and have really been using it exclusively for flower.

bkkbob

Obsessive Collector
Okay, it arrived.. A shipping issue. It's a bit early to get retarded right now. So I will try it in the evening and post how the flower and concentrate adapters work. I just got a Vapebong on the same day, so this is going to be challenging as I really want to try both. Everyone knows the Vapebong is a monster though, so I will try to control myself and stick to the NX today. Stay tuned.

BTW I got the package deal. the grinder seems kind of cool the way it dispenses herb right into your bowls or cups, but let's see what the grind is like, I can't imagine it being comparable to my Lift, Klip of Brilliant Cut.

RobbIt

Anyone seen this? Looks really interesting.
glad to see the new version out now, will be picking this up once available.

I have the original. Definitely a unique design combining vaporization and water filtration. I will probably sell mine soon (with an extra battery) as I am not a water guy these days.

RobbIt,

bkkbob

Obsessive Collector
Actually, i meant to post a while ago but had something that kept me from getting to it. The NX was fantastic with flower it was extremely cool and tasty clouda at each temperature on the dial. This vaporize is very good as a flower vape alone. With concentrates I felt it was quite good but on par with many concentrate devices as well. Actually, unfortunately my battery was bad and I’m waiting for a replacement unit now. That is why I was waiting to post. They handled the replacement in an extremely generous and easy way.

Last edited:
Top Bottom