• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

HV3 or Arizer Solo/Air - Best Vapor Smoothness & Flavor?

K-Schizzle

Hi everyone! Im brand new here, and I've been learning a lot by reading through the great threads around here. Please excuse me if this happens to have been asked previously, but I couldn't find a thread talking about this specific subject in depth.

Im looking into getting my first vape, which, in my price range, will probably be an Arizer Solo, a Haze V3, or maybe an Arizer Air. After reading several posts on this subject, I understand that these units are fairly close in terms of what they do, the price, and I'm aware of what features they offer. I feel like I'll be pretty happy with any of these, as they all seem to be well liked around here.

Im mainly concerned with getting the smoothest, most pleasant tasting vapor. Im not a "cloud chaser", and I will be consuming very, very small amounts of herbs at a time (probably enough for a couple/few good full hits, as thats all I really need at a time.) I'm guessing the amount would be around .10g-.15g at a time, so efficiency with the herbs is very important to me. Im only going to be using this for herbs, and it'll be strictly for home.

My gut has me leaning towards the Solo for vapor smoothness/taste, as it has a mostly glass vapor path, and has a very simple design. BUT, with online deals right now though, I can get a Haze for like $20 more than the Solo, which is getting me thinking about possibly moving up to it.

My main question is this: How does the vapor smoothness and taste compare between the Arizer Solo, Haze V3, and the Arizer Air? Im also wide open for any suggestions as to which vape you would recommend for my requirements in this price range.

Anyway, thanks for listening, and thanks for any help or guidance you guys can share with me. I really appreciate it!

K

JimmyCricket

If you want efficiency go with the air/solo. If you want maximum portableness go with the haze. If you want a mix of portable/efficiency go with the air.

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
I love the flavor of the Solo. Are you going to be using concentrates? The Air and the Solo are very easy to use and easy to clean. The Hazev3 is a great unit and the reason I asked about concentrates because the Haze has the concentrate baskets. You can also pre pack your cannabis in the flower baskets for on the go vaporizing. The Solo and Air use less product than the Haze.

The Haze vaporizer wins on versatility and the warranty.

Both the Air and the Haze has the user replaceable batteries. The Solo has a big battery inside, in the beginning my Solo battery would last over 2 hours on temp 4 and 5. Over time the Solo battery degrades but you can send in for another battery after a couple years. There is a "how to video" somewhere on FC.

The Haze has a 10 year warranty, so that is awesome. I notice the Haze is more difficult to clean. I have the Haze v3, Air and the Solo. i have a total of 3 Solos. One is the older version with the tighter draw, which I didn't like.

The Solo and the Air have lots of different mouthpieces that you can buy. Planetvape has a great selection, when they are in stock.

To be honest if I had to choose one of the three, I would choose the Solo. Often it comes down to personal preference so you may feel different. The Solo has been out since 2012 (upgrade a couple years ago) and the Air came out a year ago. The Hazev3 just came out recently, been upgraded from the original model.

I would read through all three threads then make your decision. It's too bad you can't try out one or 2 of the units.

Last edited:

K-Schizzle

@ Jimmy Cricket:

Thanks for the quick reply!

Have you used all three of these then? What's your opinion of how smooth & how good the taste of the vapor is, of these three?

K-Schizzle,

K-Schizzle

Thanks for all the detail CarolKing!

I know, I wish I could try them too. I won't be using any concentrates. Just good ole fashioned herb.

Do you have any issues with the Solo's mouthpiece being loose, or falling out accidentally? I know they're pretty cheap, but has that been fixed in the newer version that you've used?
And in your experience, do the aftermarket stems fit appropriately?

And I'm hoping the draw resistance isn't too bad on the Solo either (the new one). Would you recommend one of those more free-flowing stems from PV?

Thanks again!

K-Schizzle,

CarolKing

The Solo's mouthpiece is wobbly but that's what gives the great clouds and flavor. You can rock and move the stem while drawing. A smooth and steady draw is the way to milk the Solo. The stem will fall out if you turn your unit up side down. I have a habit of resting my index finger on the side of the stem to secure it in place. It's not an issue for me.

JimmyCricket

@ Jimmy Cricket:

Thanks for the quick reply!

Have you used all three of these then? What's your opinion of how smooth & how good the taste of the vapor is, of these three?
I've tried the Solo and the Haze, both are very smooth and have good flavor at low temperatures. The Solo/Air flavor lasts longer because it has more convection heating mixed in versus the haze which is mostly conduction even with the convection screen. If you are mainly looking for at home use the solo is probably your best bet because of battery life. Honestly you won't be disappointed with any of the three.

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
Hi everyone! Im brand new here, and I've been learning a lot by reading through the great threads around here. Please excuse me if this happens to have been asked previously, but I couldn't find a thread talking about this specific subject in depth.

Im looking into getting my first vape, which, in my price range, will probably be an Arizer Solo, a Haze V3, or maybe an Arizer Air. After reading several posts on this subject, I understand that these units are fairly close in terms of what they do, the price, and I'm aware of what features they offer. I feel like I'll be pretty happy with any of these, as they all seem to be well liked around here.

Im mainly concerned with getting the smoothest, most pleasant tasting vapor. Im not a "cloud chaser", and I will be consuming very, very small amounts of herbs at a time (probably enough for a couple/few good full hits, as thats all I really need at a time.) I'm guessing the amount would be around .10g-.15g at a time, so efficiency with the herbs is very important to me. Im only going to be using this for herbs, and it'll be strictly for home.

My gut has me leaning towards the Solo for vapor smoothness/taste, as it has a mostly glass vapor path, and has a very simple design. BUT, with online deals right now though, I can get a Haze for like $20 more than the Solo, which is getting me thinking about possibly moving up to it.

My main question is this: How does the vapor smoothness and taste compare between the Arizer Solo, Haze V3, and the Arizer Air? Im also wide open for any suggestions as to which vape you would recommend for my requirements in this price range.

Anyway, thanks for listening, and thanks for any help or guidance you guys can share with me. I really appreciate it!

K
I like the SOLO!

I'm a cheap person.

However flavor is essential for me.

CANNABIS is the most wonderful plant on this planet.

Vaporizers heat the Colas so you can vaporize the medicine released.

The SOLO is more logical!

If your thing is collecting get them all!

Or be cheap like me and get what you need?

K-Schizzle

Thanks for all the great info everyone!

Not to switch gears on everyone, but how does the FireFly compare to the Solo in the vapor smoothness and taste dept?

I just found it on sale, so I'm thinking about springing for it.

Does anyone own it, or can you give any comparisons on the vapor quality?

Thanks!

K-Schizzle,

1DMF

Old School Cheesy Quaver
Do you have any issues with the Solo's mouthpiece being loose, or falling out accidentally?
Yes, with stock stem a little and I have found my PVHES to be even loser.

If I use the PVHES many occasion I end up with it hanging out my mouth where it stuck to my lips and a lap full of ABV if the plug isn't tight.

I've even dropped a stem on the floor where it stuck to my lips, came out the device then fell out my mouth (didn't break luckily!) - it's the ONLY complaint I have about the Solo (I have a few improvements in mind - we all want quicker heat times and longer lasting batteries!)

However the Easy Flow stems are awesome for snugly fitting, you physically have to push it in, it's that tight, and has never once fallen out.

I even tried to use an O-ring to try to make the fit on the stock stem and PVHES tighter, but I have a new Solo and the O-rings don't fit properly plus I have been advised by FC that the O-ring isn't meant to solve this problem, so I gave up with that idea!

However, this is in no way any reason whatsoever to dismiss the Solo, it's an awesome vape that delivers great taste and amazing clouds with the smallest pinch of your herbage.

If only all the vapes on the market only had one fault :- the stem can be a little lose!

Once you are armed with this knowledge (or an Easy Flow stem) this problem goes away :tup: , well apart from the odd occasions where you forget because your a little vaked :rockon:

CarolKing

I made an error above. The Solo came out in 2011. In the beginning they had a lot of faulty units. That happens with some new vaporizers. It took them some time but they were able to overcome their problems. The Solo turned into an awesome vaporizer. When the Arizer Air came out we saw very few faulty units on FC.

That error was bugging me, needed to fix.

All three vaporizers would make a great portable. Solo is more difficult for portability with the glass stem. I bought a couple of wooden stems from @Ed's TnT.

Last edited:

K-Schizzle

Thanks for the awesome info guys!!

Do you guys use screens, or domed screens in your stems?

If so, where do you get them?

Thanks again!!

K-Schizzle,

CarolKing

You must mean screens for the Solo or the Air. If I were you I would start with the stock screens and stems then go from there. Check out the 2 threads and look through about 20 pages. It seems like a lot but there's a lot of repeated info.

Planetvape sells a good selection of Arizer accessories. You can make your own dome screens. I use regular screens myself. Sometimes I use no screen and use the holes in the stem as a screen. You need a course grind so you don't get too much ABV in the mouthpiece.

Edit
There's several DIY on domed screens if you do a search.

Last edited:

1DMF

Old School Cheesy Quaver
Do you guys use screens, or domed screens in your stems?

If so, where do you get them?

1. Yes - normal screens, not got / used domed ones yet.
2. They came with the stem.

Though I also bought a few extra screens from Vapefiend when buying some other stuff as screens do perish and get a little clogged over time.

K-Schizzle

Excellent info, thanks guys!

Yeah, I meant for the Solo, sorry. I did pull the trigger, and I've got one on the way. Super excited to try it out! It didn't look like it came with any screens, so I figured I'd pick you guys brains on if you had any specific ones you liked.

Has anyone used the "Screen Sandwich" method to prevent small amounts of product from falling out of the stem? I think that may be the route I go. I'm a little concerned about the bottom screen getting too hot and combusting though.

Thanks again! :tup:

Jethro

I'm new to my Solo, but I used the screen on the bottom at first (mistaken on what the screens were intended for). No combustion happened and I finished a few sessions on level 7.

Jethro,

Hashtag46&2

Trichome Technician
Excellent info, thanks guys!

Yeah, I meant for the Solo, sorry. I did pull the trigger, and I've got one on the way. Super excited to try it out! It didn't look like it came with any screens, so I figured I'd pick you guys brains on if you had any specific ones you liked.

Has anyone used the "Screen Sandwich" method to prevent small amounts of product from falling out of the stem? I think that may be the route I go. I'm a little concerned about the bottom screen getting too hot and combusting though.

Thanks again! :tup:
Welcome to the Solo Crew :wave:

Come join us in the Solo thread, it is one of the most frequented threads I've ever seen in all Cannabis Forums, and I'm a member in a lot of them.

FC in general is very tight-knit and a wonderful community, The Solo Thread really embraces this concept.

I have yet to use a screen other than the stock stems and I'm very pleased with it.

I don't care for grinding my herb, and the solo works great with coarse ground or hand broken up nugs.

A second screen may be helpful if using concentrate, but not really necessary.

I made a habit of inverting the Solo to snap my Stem on, and the herb stays put.

You're gonna love the little beauty, man....
I'm a little jealous, I remember unwrapping mine and when I first put it in my hand.... It feels awesome.

Hashtag46&2,

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
I even tried to use an O-ring to try to make the fit on the stock stem and PVHES tighter, but I have a new Solo and the O-rings don't fit properly plus I have been advised by FC that the O-ring isn't meant to solve this problem, so I gave up with that idea!

However, this is in no way any reason whatsoever to dismiss the Solo, it's an awesome vape that delivers great taste and amazing clouds with the smallest pinch of your herbage.

If only all the vapes on the market only had one fault :- the stem can be a little lose!

Once you are armed with this knowledge (or an Easy Flow stem) this problem goes away :tup: , well apart from the odd occasions where you forget because your a little vaked :rockon:
Get a FIREFLY if you insist?
I have one.
I was being nice to recommend a SOLO because I believe there very practical.

You can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink!

Maybe salt his oats?

bibblybobbly

I was facing this same decision a few months ago, and I asked lots of people around here what was good about the Haze vs the Arizer products - they stood out to me as the some of the companies right at the top of the game at the moment, based on internet reviews.

In the end, I went with the Haze V3 for the following reasons:
  • People told me the Haze was a little better suited to hashish, and was generally a better "all rounder".
  • The V2.5 had fairly positive reviews, with a few oft-repeated criticisms. It sounded like the company had genuinely acknowledged these and targeted their development at fixing them for the V3, and users of both seemed to verify this.
  • 10 year warranty.
  • Company seems to be very reachable and proactive with regards to customer support.
I'm curious to try the Arizer and by all accounts its an excellent product too. I'm happy with my choice though. I find it very easy to use, tasty, POTENT, feels like quality craftsmanship. These are interesting times we live in - you can get high in bed without having to worry about stinking up the place , ash falling all around, or cancer.

bibblybobbly,
Top Bottom