humidity packs yay or nay

are you using humidity packs for storing your herbs?

• of course

Votes: 21 31.3%
  • of course NOT

Votes: 5 7.5%
  • all the time

Votes: 31 46.3%
  • only for really really longterm storage

Votes: 15 22.4%
  • never ever

Votes: 8 11.9%

• Total voters

Chicken No Name

Dazed and confused
My opinion and it's just that but based on 30 years growing.
Growing is relatively easy. The tricky bit is the drying and subsequent curing.
I dry for as long as I can. 10 days minimum, preferably 2 weeks at a low temp and low humidity (16c and 60%).

Once dry enough, I jar them and measure the humidity over several days wanting to achieve approx 60 to 58%. If too high I dump the contents into a paper bag for a few hours. If too dry Ive fucked up. It's hard to get moisture back into a bud but sometimes these humidity packs help.
This is the only time I use them .

I don't consider buds cured until at least 8 weeks in the jar. My personal preference is 4 months and then I find the smells and flavours are at their best.

I have buds in jars that are over a year old and they are still fine. They loose a little colour and the taste profile changes but they are still great. I think 2 years is the max for me.....

I have never experienced rot once the plant was cut (some during final week of flowering in those annoying donkey dick buds and I now avoid such plants).

Ive certainly never had mould in a jar. These buds must have been put in at too high humidity.

Opening and closing jars buggers with the cure and storage. Better to take out what you need for the week into a smaller jar. As a large jar is reduced I sometimes put the contents into a smaller jar to reduce volume of the air.

Proper drying, curing and storage should not need the help of humidity packs imo.
Spend you money on cheap humidity sensors and put them into the jars until you have the contents stabilised is my thinking.

Last edited:

LesPlenty

Company Rep
Opening and closing jars buggers with the cure and storage.
I dry for 2 weeks then I strip all buds into a huge CVault for curing, opening and closing is how I cure mine, burping the container until it only smells sweet, usually daily for a week then every few days, then every week until no chemical/chlorophyll smell (about 2 months) before vac sealing in mason jars etc for long term storage.

Cheebsy

Microbe minion
My opinion and it's just that but based on 30 years growing.
Growing is relatively easy. The tricky bit is the drying and subsequent curing.
I dry for as long as I can. 10 days minimum, preferably 2 weeks at a low temp and low humidity (16c and 60%).

Once dry enough, I jar them and measure the humidity over several days wanting to achieve approx 60 to 58%. If too high I dump the contents into a paper bag for a few hours. If too dry Ive fucked up. It's hard to get moisture back into a bud but sometimes these humidity packs help.
This is the only time I use them .

I don't consider buds cured until at least 8 weeks in the jar. My personal preference is 4 months and then I find the smells and flavours are at their best.

I have buds in jars that are over a year old and they are still fine. They loose a little colour and the taste profile changes but they are still great. I think 2 years is the max for me.....

I have never experienced rot once the plant was cut (some during final week of flowering in those annoying donkey dick buds and I now avoid such plants).

Ive certainly never had mould in a jar. These buds must have been put in at too high humidity.

Opening and closing jars buggers with the cure and storage. Better to take out what you need for the week into a smaller jar. As a large jar is reduced I sometimes put the contents into a smaller jar to reduce volume of the air.

Proper drying, curing and storage should not need the help of humidity packs imo.
Spend you money on cheap humidity sensors and put them into the jars until you have the contents stabilised is my thinking.
This is exactly the way I do things too and have never seen the need, however, I bet if I lived somewhere super dry, like Colorado, I'd be using these more often. If I ever need to rehydrate I'll use a fan leaf, and monitor the humidity.

BrianTL

Westchester, NY
This may or may not have had to do with the boveda. However I just pulled this out tonight, harvested a year ago. Homegrown by a buddy of mine, who doesn’t really grow at all, didn’t grow this year, the year prior he let his plants get rained out and drowned….doesn’t even use it because of his job he gets drug tested….just said fuck it I’ll grow weed for fun see what happens and put a few seeds in some cups they turned to plants and then he put them out on his porch.

Just used for the first time since I initially got it, stored in a sealed mason jar in dark cool area, vaped a slightly above average amount thinking it would be a little weak

Im ripped. Shit was awesome. A little leafy cause he doesn’t grow much and doesn’t know how to trim, bud structure kinda sucks, but neither do I do who am I to criticize lol

edit: sorry about my dogs butthole

C2-C592-CD-B01-C-4-AD3-8-CEE-0-C28767-E8569.jpg

B03-F9-F3-B-E888-461-F-A1-F7-3-CBEF29-C0-CC7.jpg

BB0-FDA03-CC87-410-A-BD52-67307-E354548.jpg

Top Bottom