• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

how to reduce the burn from everclear/avb tincture?

david8613

my question is how to reduce the burn from everclear/avb tincture? I made my first tincture and it came out really good, but that burn under the tongue is a little intense, I guess I can get use to it. I am wondering what I can do to tone the burn down little besides putting it in juice or other beverage, I want to use it under tongue to hit bloodstream faster and not have tincture go through gut which take long for me. any tips on flavoring tinctures? I am very curious on that also.

david8613,
Reactions: Madri-Gal

Baron23

my question is how to reduce the burn from everclear/avb tincture? I made my first tincture and it came out really good, but that burn under the tongue is a little intense, I guess I can get use to it. I am wondering what I can do to tone the burn down little besides putting it in juice or other beverage, I want to use it under tongue to hit bloodstream faster and not have tincture go through gut which take long for me. any tips on flavoring tinctures? I am very curious on that also.
If you want it sublinqual, then there really isn't anything to do.

If you flavor the Everclear, it will still be almost pure alcohol and will burn.

If you diluted it with fruit juice or the like, then you are killing the sublingual by diluting the heck out of it.

Just my thoughts

CastIronHits

Slightly Crispy
My understanding is that much of the adsorption comes after dissolving into saliva, so why punish yourself? I put a few drops on my tongue, exhale to evaporate some of the alcohol then mix a bit of saliva and tincture, then hold the mixture in my mouth. Doing this removes the burn, puts the tincture in solution with saliva (which should help with adsorption) and allows me to hold the substance painlessly for as long as I desire. A small amount of glycerine can be added to medicinal tinctures to prevent crashing, some would say this helps flavor while also holding constituents in solution.

david8613

I noticed if I leave my mouth open while its under tongue seems to help it not burn as much and evaporates a little more quickly. I made a lot of tincture about 15, 1 oz bottles and I gifted to some close friends, none of them ever used a tincture or even heard of them and some are like "WOW! that shit burns!!!" I warn them but it seems to catch them off guard anyway.

what would be the next best liquid to use to make a tincture that is not alcohol based but still extracts all the goods like alcohol and can be used under tongue with out the burn?

david8613,

david8613

I don't know, but a you tuber said I can take my tincture and put some honey in it and make it an elixir to tone down the everclear. I am going to try that and see, I am worried to mess it up, this stuff is like gold!

david8613,

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
what would be the next best liquid to use to make a tincture that is not alcohol based but still extracts all the goods like alcohol and can be used under tongue with out the burn?

Most science based cannabis brands use MCT Oil for tinctures.

invertedisdead,
Reactions: howie105

jerseygent

My understanding- tinctures are alcohol based. The alcohol acts as a solvent and is the best method for many people for a lot of reasons. Oils, butters (fats) are infusions. Different process. Both are effective but, for me starting out, Everclear was my go to method. Butter took over, then coconut oil.
I think OP was looking for immediate effect and sublingual administration may be the best way, adding something will only dilute the meds and delay full onset of effects.

jerseygent

Tried a few oils but feel comfortable with this trinity. The same way celery, carrots and onion are a jump off point for tons of dishes that I enjoy making. I’m still trying to get the excessively weedy taste out of my end product.

Deleted Member 1643

Good suggestions! Thinking about tincture for second rate material, but also don't like the burn - certainly not enough to use it several times each day.

Another thing you can try is evaporating the ethanol and redissolving in glycols. Although MCT oil (which is derived from coconut oil) or other oils should also work. Recommend propylene glycol (PG) or polyethylene glycol (PEG) rather than vegetable glycerin (which dissolves cannabinoids poorly). PG can be purchased from vape shops. It's widely used in food, so most of us are already exposed to far more than a few drops of tincture. You could extract directly into PG, but you can't evaporate PG, so it might be difficult to make a concentrated tincture.

Deleted Member 1643,

Petunia Vanish

lol that was funny! by the way mary poppins is hot!
https://www.google.com/search?clien...3i299j33i160.seHYlfnno18#imgrc=EsN0JgI4udvcBM:
search

Petunia Vanish,

Cwglazier

I noticed if I leave my mouth open while its under tongue seems to help it not burn as much and evaporates a little more quickly. I made a lot of tincture about 15, 1 oz bottles and I gifted to some close friends, none of them ever used a tincture or even heard of them and some are like "WOW! that shit burns!!!" I warn them but it seems to catch them off guard anyway.

Veg Glycerine is a sugar alcohol in essence. Not strong but still alch. Not a bad idea to mix some in.

I know you said you didnt want to dilute it but with green dragon to handle the taste and burn i take small shots (few mls) and mix or chase with Sprite. I dont know what it is but lemon lime cuts the nastiness and some burn. You have to figure out when to take your breath. I breath out a little after taking the shot and then dont breath through nose or mouth till it's all down lol.

I use a big spoon and I put some concentrated montmorency cherry juice and two very strong dropperfulls of THC tincture and let it swill about in my mouth. I like it!!!

Cherry juice sounds like it should work well. I think I have a general notion of what area you live in going by name and your juice. Lol. Probably somewhere near me. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Cwglazier,

Baron23

I've actually had another thought....just do a shot of scotch or whatever liquor of your choice.

You will get a buzz and your taste buds will be dead to the burn of the tincture! hahaha :brow::lol:

david8613

I still have it made a bunch of it, I read some where that i can reduce it to get rid of the ever clear, not sure how to do that yet. I guessing it will become thicker.

david8613,

Cwglazier

I still have it made a bunch of it, I read some where that i can reduce it to get rid of the ever clear, not sure how to do that yet. I guessing it will become thicker.
Yes you could evaporate the alcohol no problem. Just kind of a costly solvent at that point but nothing wrong with doing it. Depending on how far you dry it out, it would be a thin to thick black tar.

Cwglazier,

CANtalk

how would I thin it? And how do I consume it? In a drink?
I'd simply do it by changing the mixing ratio in a drink. Everclear is ~ 2.4X stronger than regular 40% liquor. So in mixing a cocktail with everclear (and most any white liquor recipe would be a start) where one ounce of white liquor is called for, I would use ~40% or ~0.4 ounce. That's regular cocktail mix alcohol-level burn. You could also take ~0.4 oz of Everclear and dilute with water to get to regular 40% alcohol characteristics.

Last edited:

hayduke

you can just dilute the everclear tincture with an equal amount of water and put that under your tongue. This is how I use my tinctures sublingually. If you want to ingest the tincture as an edible then you will lose some potency in the metabolism and you will also get a dose of 11 hydroxy THC which is 5 times stronger than delta 9 THC. But if your goal is sublingual then just add some water in a spoon and hold that under your tongue. Note that the tincture will probably louche (turn milky white) like absinthe. Nothing to worry about, thats just the dissolved cannabinoids interacting with the water.

Cwglazier

I've seen the milky clouds but only with Sprite. Figured it was a reaction of some kind (thought I had a special cocktail there) . Also sprite was the only clear soda I tried. The lemon lime deffinately had a positive effect on the flavor. I've seen others say sour cherry juice had the same. So that's why some say their edibles are so much stronger? Delta 11 vs. 9? Not to mention impatient people eating an extra?

Cwglazier,
Top Bottom