• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

How to clean vape parts and reclaim resin

mase85

Good day FC!

I recently decided to clean some of my vapor tubes from my MZ. I figured I would go the "golden" dragon route, and went in search of Everclear or Bacardi 151. Unfortunately, my local liquor store had neither, but I was "recommended" a cheap 80 proof rum.

My two stems have been sitting in the rum for probably three days now, and none of the residue has dissolved. Is my rum too weak, and should I go back in search of the good stuff? Or does alcohol just take a while to clean glass?

Thanks for reading! :)

Edit: Thanks to the mod who moved this. I can't believe I missed an entire thread! :uhoh:

mase85,

SmokingElectricity

mase85 said:
Good day FC!

I recently decided to clean some of my vapor tubes from my MZ. I figured I would go the "golden" dragon route, and went in search of Everclear or Bacardi 151. Unfortunately, my local liquor store had neither, but I was "recommended" a cheap 80 proof rum.

My two stems have been sitting in the rum for probably three days now, and none of the residue has dissolved. Is my rum too weak, and should I go back in search of the good stuff? Or does alcohol just take a while to clean glass?

Thanks for reading! :)

yup. it's too weak.

SmokingElectricity,

mase85

Thanks Smoking. I figured as much, but hoped otherwise. Oh well, off to the package store tomorrow!

mase85,

crawdad

floatin
i reclaimed out of my vg glass a few days ago with iso (it was so full it looked like an amber glass pipe along most of it, ya been lazy). let it sit for 3 days and took a very tiny hit last night, was surprised with the potency but the taste left me nearly running to vape some leaf. very interesting though.

thanks.

crawdad,

StickyShisha2

i just iso reclaimed from my bubbler. Its my old oil rig that we've put to use with our EQ.

this stuff is like magic. Hit from my glass nail, it tastes almost like fresh herb and potent from the BHO residue that was in it.

StickyShisha2,

HighSti

Vaporist-Secularist
So I made some ISO hash a few weeks ago and it turned great and LOTS of it too :D

So i decided to show some pictures of this time, enjoy.

Im ready to get vaked! :ko:

HighSti,

treecityrnd

HighSti said:
So I made some ISO hash a few weeks ago and it turned great and LOTS of it too :D

So i decided to show some pictures of this time, enjoy.

Im ready to get vaked! :ko:
Looks nice. Enjoy!
Did you strain/filter it or just let the plant matter and ISO evaporate together? If you want less powder/solid and more liquid/oil then throw it through a couple coffee filters (metal or bleach-free). For me, it depends on how I'm going to use it. But IMO less plant matter still in the hash (wand hash or any other) usually increases the potency (less plant waste and more cannabinoids per volume) and sometimes helps with the taste. Now you've got me motivated to reclaim this weekend!

treecityrnd,

HighSti

Vaporist-Secularist
Yeah, running it though filters would make it much more pure.. but for me I dont mind getting whatever is in there. Most of it was kief and oils from the stems.. Didnt see any visible plant matter, but I know its not quite as pure as it could be. I just vape it on top of some bud just go give it a little extra boost :D

HighSti,

Smokey

Cloud Master
I started saving my "dirty" alcohol 3-4 months ago. From time to time I sink my pipe glasses for few minutes in human consumption 95 alcohol, and throw in it my griders too! With time it started becoming brownier and brownier, till last saturday. I made it evaporate double boiling the glass and all was left was this black goo, extra sticky! I tried smoking (yeah well) it mixed with abv in a joint and that was...wow! The taste was pleasant, close to hash, it was very potent though, guess I'm not so used to smoking anymore. The effect was quite overwhelming too...It hit me hard I was almost unable to speak and had light visual distorsions aswell, then fell asleep. Nice experience though. The next day I shared another gooJoint with a mate and since I made it not so strong, we were able to not fall asleep, it was daytime too so that maybe helped, really stony effect though...I will definitely go on doign this! I really would like to find other ways to consume the goo though, since I think the herborizer would not be able to vaporize it...

Smokey,

The Budget Gourmet

Lurky turkey
Hi
I have a bunch of iso hash in its 100% completed form. Is it safe to take this and dissolve it into 151 proof Everclear? I still have it in the pie plate, all scraped in a pile. Its been sitting, covered, at room temp for a few days. Thanks.

The Budget Gourmet,

Vitolo

Vaporist
It is safe.. but it is just one extra step!
Unless you need it to be more "consolidated" for some reason.. why not just scrape it together?

Vitolo,

The Budget Gourmet

Lurky turkey
It is scraped, it just doesn't stay that way.
I just have a hard time managing it, being all gooey and everything. I want to add most of it to my golden dragon jar to beef it up. I use iso because its cheaper, stronger, and easier to get than Everclear.
Thanks.

The Budget Gourmet,

tdavie

Unconscious Objector
I bought the Extreme .v3 in January/10. Used it mostly in bag mode for 2 months, and since March/10 I used it exclusively in whip mode (and vapour bonging). Never really intended to harvest the resin from the tubing, but....my dealer didn't come over last night because she was getting her cat spayed (quite understandable; take care of your pets first, last and always). Didn't run out last night, and not quite yet :cool:

I disassembled my Extreme/bubbler setup, cut off ~ 50% of the 3 feet tubing (closest to where the elbow pack would be), wadded up a RAW rolling paper really tight and started poking it down the tubing with a cooking nail (for potatoes or conducting heat into large cuts of meat so they cook quicker). I would push the nail down the tubing, you'd see a small layer or black 'crap' building up, and then I'd pause. Remove the nail, cut away a small piece of tubing and repeat with the nail until you've removed all of the resin/oil from the tubing. Obviously your cut tubing is in the garbage.

Thought I'd end up with a stained oily piece of paper that I would either have to use in the Cyclone Bowl or something crappy to smoke. When I pushed the wadded up rolling paper through the last 1" piece of tubing, it fell out, along with a 0.17g turd :D

The turd fell off of the rolling paper (which does not look stained with oil/resin at all); it has the consistency of Jamaican Gum if anyone has had that.

Looks/smells good, but I bet it's going to be shit (a hunch).

Anyone else weigh their wand/tubing hash?

thanks

Tom

tdavie,

hereatlast

Some recent reclaim (dirty mirror in the background :p):
DSCF0068.jpg

hereatlast,

ktx49

wow someone pointed me to this thread and i want to comment on my first ever experience with amber resin that builds up in vaporizer stems/tubes etc....

as a long time smoker, i recently switched over to a vaporizer and due to the slight learning curve and my enormous tolerance/habit, I was introduced to the golden amber within a matter of hours....i was like hmm what could be building up in that tube, if theres no smoke and my buds are coming back out of the vaporizer a light shade of brown.....before the thought had even finished in my head, i was salivating lol....so i continued to vape out and build up as much as possible before I ended up crudely harvesting the amber from my NO2 tube.

i basically found something with the exact diamater of the inside of the tubing, and pushed it all down to one end, like the plunger inside of a syringe if that makes sense.....i then rolled and dabbed it all over some dry herb and let it "soak" it up and kinda dry to become easier to handle.

i was worried about messing up my new NO2 and i hadnt smoked in a while so I ended up just combusting it in my favorite pipe......
100% no doubt in my mind, after just 2.5 hits lol I was more medicated than I'd been in years. almost like when you smoke for the first time after taking an extended break, i was just that high, straight up. my face felt numb lol and the high was so incredibly full ranging maybe because the resin is builtup from 4 kinds of herb.

anyways vitolo, whats the best method for us guys using the NO2??? how can i harvest the build up in the black top part? thanks

ktx49,

Vitolo

Vaporist
I am afraid the only way to harvest from the top black part, is to remove the screen cover section....
yesno.jpg

and then soak the top in a shot of 91% Iso and agitate it for a minute... then pour the liquid on a dish to evaporate.
Photoon2011-07-06at1737.jpg

You can use a toothpick in the tube if you would rather not evaporate more alcohol..
to get the drop that gathers here:
oilrun.jpg

and you can wipe it onto a collecting surface..... or just wipe it onto a rolling paper!
clean-2.jpg

P.S.----
The plunger technique is a good one.. but in time will wear on you=r tubing.....
Don't forget to contact me for your NO2 stuff.. there 2 lengths of new tubing in there for you.

Vitolo,

momatik

Are there any safety concerns if someone were to use a ziploc bag for the iso wash? I require the added convenience of being able to shake the hell out of it. After the wash I'd of course pour it onto a glass dish for evap.

Ziploc and other plastic bags are made of LDPE, which, according to this has an "excellent" chemical resistance to isopropyl alcohol. As the site says however, it only offers a general guide.

momatik,

Alb

Ent
I have a simple question. After cleaning my Da Buddha's whip with dish soap and rinsing it thoroughly with water, is there any specific way to let it dry? Because I just let it air dry in my room. It's worked fine for me all this time, albeit some water spots showing up.

Alb,

mvapes

Scratchin' Glass!
Accessory Maker
I am afraid the only way to harvest from the top black part, is to remove the screen cover section....
yesno.jpg

and then soak the top in a shot of 91% Iso and agitate it for a minute... then pour the liquid on a dish to evaporate.
Photoon2011-07-06at1737.jpg

You can use a toothpick in the tube if you would rather not evaporate more alcohol..
to get the drop that gathers here:
oilrun.jpg

and you can wipe it onto a collecting surface..... or just wipe it onto a rolling paper!
clean-2.jpg

P.S.----
The plunger technique is a good one.. but in time will wear on you=r tubing.....
Don't forget to contact me for your NO2 stuff.. there 2 lengths of new tubing in there for you.

OK - so I use ISO to clean everything. If I let the remaining gook soak on a dish the ISO will evaporate and a vapable/smokable substance? I need to jump on this now! Please advise.

mvapes,
Reactions: Vitolo

Vitolo

Vaporist
Yes.
A substance that is all THC, CBD, and CBN cannabinoids.. some will be crystal like.. some, clay like....
some may be oily, or resin like.. or even like glue.
there is a way to vape any level of residue.. using the variety of tools at our disposal.
That image was the reclamation from the NO2 description.. there is a mode of reclaiming for each vape... some vapes being more prolific residue builders than others~

Vitolo,

Kommyknocker

I see mention of Pyrex being the preferable surface to evap from.. any reason for this over any other real glass(not ceramic)?

Kommyknocker,
Top Bottom