How much have you invested in this 'hobby'?

weedemon

enthusiast
Bc vape -110
vapor bros - 100
volcano - 720
mflb - 120
PD - 210
mflb x2 - 134
pa- 67
eclipse - 94
vials - 20
hose - 20
mflb accessories - 100 (charger upgrade, whips, stems, etc)
ssv - 240
bho kit - 175
bongs - 145
=====
2255. but there is more that I am not thinking of atm. I know it. :p

weedemon,

crawdad

floatin
ive yet to get bit by the accessory bug, thus far i have about 150 invested, one glass genie vape and one basic sherlock bubbler.

crawdad,

JDSupreme

Head of Pot
BFC Days (before FC lol):

Vapir 5.0: $150
Vapir O2: $150
$30 Box Whip @ Flea Market: $95 hahaha

FC Days:

MFLB: $100
Zap: $180
VG: $65
Bubbler: $300
MFLB Accessories: $150

$1200 and the Cloud is next!!

But considering the amount I've saved from using 1/3-1/4 of the amount of herb as I did when I combusted, im way ahead of the game :)

JDSupreme,

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
Nycdeisel said:
I spent a lot more on smoking, but probably around 1000 bucks for vaping

Over the past 3 and a half years probably about 1000 but having taken the scenic route being afflicted with vaporizer acquisition syndrome (vas) which is insane when you think about it, I've come to realize that all i need and all i really want is the PD and the SSFG bong. For me this is the perfect setup. As someone else posted, collecting guitars is far more expensive and I might add space consuming.

jeffp,

dorkus_molorkus

This shit is seriously addictive.

I started in May with a HA2.1= $250
BHO KIT=$60

June Blaze perc bong= $80

July DBV= $170
Blaze perc bong=$50 (backup piece)
Nautilus inline bong=$55
2xashcatchers =$70
2x shelock mouthpieces=$40
10xWPA's =$165 (figured you could never have too many of these)
Ti Vapor swing=$65

August Arizer solo=$250

$1255 so far.

On the shopping list of the future is:

Another solo= $275
Lotus vaporizer + WPA=$155
Eclipse H20 =$80
the cloud =$450+(??)

solo spares & accessories=$120
bubble bag kit, big thick tube bong, a nice bubbler, 100ml EHLE, and a molino mini bong for car journeys.

ands thats just off the top of my head, and not uncluding all the little odds & sods like 14/18 adapters & diffy stems............ oh the mind spins.

god help me if my wife reads this............... I am now looking at a glass cabinet to house & display my glass.

dorkus_molorkus,

friedricey

being human
dorkus_molorkus said:
This shit is seriously addictive.

ands thats just off the top of my head, and not uncluding all the little odds & sods like 14/18 adapters & diffy stems............ oh the mind spins.

god help me if my wife reads this............... I am now looking at a glass cabinet to house & display my glass.

Hello fellow Aussie.

Which BHO kit did you get? Which one do you recommend? Because I was thinking of trying oils next.

Yea, it's pretty addictive but I think you're learning heaps on the side so it's a win win situation.

It sucks how we don't have much variety over here though.

friedricey,

dorkus_molorkus

hey friedricey,

I didnt actually buy a kit, I made one. (well 3 to be honest, finally found one I liked)
The hardest thing was to find something that wont react to the butane.

I believe glass, and stainless steel were the best if I remember correctly.
So, the easiest way to go is to head off to a quality kitchen shop (pots & pans, knives etc)
and pick up a stainless steel turkey baster.

I got one for $18 & it comes with a metal spike probe thing to inject your meat with.
Take the probe & cut it off the thread, this is where you now put the butane.

On the other end is the rubber ball part of the baster, remove and discard. this is the end you pack your herb into, when full, place a wet coffee filter over the end and fasten with a hose clamp.

voila one BHO blaster.
enjoy.

EDIT-The lack of variety & of quality glass in this country sucks, and there is no one single website that stocks all of what I want/ need.

dorkus_molorkus,
Metal can spark guys, I figure it's best to avoid it at all costs. Look on Etsy I think you can still find glass tubes at ridiculously reasonable prices for what they are.

charliedontsurf,

dorkus_molorkus

yep, if your uncomfortable with stainless. you can pick glass ones up on ebay,
(see 320641233012, 260828313420) or the honey bee which is a special inert PVC (see 260830759929)

All these require you import the item from overseas. If you dont want to import one, you have to make one.
There are none to be had in the domestic aussie market

Stainless is easier to find locally than a glass tube that fits the specs. But yes CDS, I didnt think of the potential spark issue. duh

Lucky I dont like BHO much(I could have singed something) & prefer QWISO hash, kief, and hopefully when I get around to it bubble hash.

Speaking of which, there appears to be only one aussie domestic retailer who sells bubblebags.
$400 for a set. If you think $400 is excessive, you can buy them cheaper, much cheaper, but you have to import them.
we live in a nanny state orientated country & many aussies are concerned LEO is taking notice of any paraphanilia being ordered online.

I think its because of the fact most states in OZ have strict laws against the sale of bongs and associated equipment.

EDIT- for spelling cause I got phat phingers

dorkus_molorkus,

friedricey

being human
^^^

I think I might import one but I'm still experimenting now with hash. I might pick one up from etsy since it seems like it's the cheapest option.

Why don't you like BHO?

That's the thing with the Aussie retailers, I don't really like their high prices. I think they really need to work out a cheaper distribution or business model to make their service and product slightly more competitive.

Yes we live in a very nanny state but from looking at cannabis possession and sentencing statistics it is really not as bad. Most magistrates or judges believe that cannabis should be reclassified and decriminalised from what I've heard but this is pure anecdotal. I know that judges and magistrates in South Australia are finally acknowledging the medical benefits of cannabis so I guess that's a big step in the right direct. Australia is very behind with things but I think the seed of change has been implanted.

I've never experienced any problems with importing paraphernalia from OS but the police usually turn a blind eye when it comes to cannabis generally unless they're really hell bent on putting sellers or buyers in prison. OffYaTree has a store on Oxford St Sydney and many other stores sell them but they don't display them so I'm not sure what the details are. I'll do a bit more reading and i'll get back to you.

http://www.austlii.edu.au/au/legis/nsw/consol_act/dmata1985256/s11a.html

It's illegal but this poster explained it well so here it is:

http://www.offyatree.com.au/forum/index.php?showtopic=4107&view=findpost&p=11988

But honestly, I have access to a greater variety and better prices from OS so that's where I'll be going.

friedricey,

dorkus_molorkus

Any BHO I have made is just too fucken sticky (made from leaf or ABV), therefore IMO not user friendly.
But thats just how I feel about it, I hope to come across someone who does a better job of making it than me & then perhaps I'll be able to judge better.

In regards to the legislation of this country, we are going backwards bigtime.

WA, SA, VIC (soon, if not already), TAS, NT have tightened their laws regarding the sale of bongs etc, and in some states have hardened up their sentencing laws regarding possession and cultivation, especially petaining to hydro. (which by classification is anything not grown in soil or uses atrificial lighting.) Eg- WA, SA, NSW

In NSW anymore than 5 plants of hydro is now a trafficking charge, in WA possession of more than an oz can see you in jail.

This shit is going backwards, not forwards, IMO.

Anyhoo, sorry OP for being so OT.

I have started an aussie thread in the lounge ricey, pls stop by & say hi.

back on topic,

I intend to spend a shitload in the future. you can count on it.

dorkus_molorkus,

rockynh

Ah, but you're missing the biggest cost of all...

In pieces, I've spent only $400, various smoking devices and a PD.

But on bud? Holy shit :uhoh:
Absolute bare-minimum, low-ball estimate assuming $20 a week which I KNOW is far too low, I've spent $2400 on weed. Holy shit. More realistically it's probably closer to $3000, and I've only been smoking since mid-2009.

rockynh,

Durbs

Boere Verdamper
I also can't even begin to think how much I've spent on the bud itself but on smoking materials I've probably spent about $500. Thanks to online communities like this, I've never once made a purchase I regret! :)

Durbs,
Top Bottom