• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

How much do you vape?

Status
Not open for further replies.

vaporcloud

lurking kiwi
Of course you are right Spiderman, but vapping allows us to extract the active chemicals more efficiently and you don't have the combustion toxins to cloud the 'high'.

vaporcloud,

Herbalist

Of course, i'm referring to a gram of oil
Lucky bastard... :p

but the vaporizer doesnt create any more active chemical, and doesnt make the active chemical thats their effect you any stronger....thats just silly.
Who said that? I couldn't find it?

I think it's more the volume x time issue more than potency via medium issue.

Plainly put, I can get more herb into me faster from vaping than via smoking.

More herb quicker + cleaner, different high = More noticeable high

Maybe what they were referencing was a stronger effect by proxy...

Herbalist,

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
No, vaporizing doesn't create more active ingredients. But it does deliver more THC than smoking the same amount, due to combustion destroying a large percentage.

The different high is usually that, as well as the lack of combustion byproducts.

Quoting max because he's smarter than I am. :D
max said:
Smoke provides compounds like carbon monoxide, hydrogen cyanide, benzene, toluene (glue sniffing anyone?), and naphthalene (primary ingredient of mothballs). They're all poisons and the effects you get from them in low doses (sleepiness, dizziness) are usually associated with the 'cannabis high'. The much cleaner high from vapor gives you a more pure THC effect. You retain more energy and ability to function and communicate. The people who feel they're missing something with vapor are really missing the toxins from combustion. The low doses you get may not be cumulative over time like mercury poisoning, etc., but those are some nasty chemicals and I prefer to avoid them entirely.

vtac,

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
Spiderman said:
...Of course, i'm referring to a gram of oil...
A gram of bho every day? Damn! You must have a lot of spare trim laying around. ;)

Spiderman said:
I find that similar to smoking hash, eating edibles, etc
I guess that makes sense-- less plant matter with the hash and no combustion with the edibles.

vtac,

Cannabudz

apprentice shaman
i'm thinking next time i go to a festival i may just cook me a gram of Hash again, it's pretty cool being totally wasted in mission ready mode(for fun) and not feeling you need to top up with hourly cones or bowls(bowl's r best of course), sometimes a more conventional session can be a hassle for opportunity or setting time etc. It's pretty easy to swallow and wait 30 minutes:lol:

Cannabudz,

Acolyte of Zinglon

Wizard-Ninja
actually vaporizing does create a little more thc, the heat decoboxylizes thca (the form that is most abundant in a plant, but has very little effect) into d9-thc... the degree to which this happens is somewhat controversial, some dont think it happens, and it may not happen as much in vaping as it does in baking

you can do the same thing by baking your herb at 350f for a half hour, then let it cool and put it back in your container

or not, you folks can experiment if you like, just putting this out there

Acolyte of Zinglon,

Cannabudz

apprentice shaman
Spot on A of Z, Conversion of cannabinoids thru heating, i used this process for my recent Hash "Trip/Accident, not mentioned in my Hash post here in the vape lounge was the fact i also used a hot water bottle and well wrapped that package (insulation it's winter) shaking occassionaly for 3 day's, the effect's were outstanding, a good amount of recovered Hash resin 000 blank or empty cheap capsule from the Ozy chemist( approx one Gram wieght) after i swalled it i guesstimate i had 3 to 4 day's worth of Resin at once, resulting in more of a full on trip(iv'e never had as good even chasing the Dragon, lsd now and 20 years ago, Goldtop or blue meany Shrooms,none of it has compared to my daliance with home made hash, you can bet your sweet life i'll be cooking again,the 1st priority is the SSV but:D

Cannabudz,

partially veiled

Lo Boob Oscillator
Acolyte of Zinglon said:
actually vaporizing does create a little more thc, the heat decoboxylizes thca (the form that is most abundant in a plant, but has very little effect) into d9-thc... the degree to which this happens is somewhat controversial, some dont think it happens, and it may not happen as much in vaping as it does in baking

you can do the same thing by baking your herb at 350f for a half hour, then let it cool and put it back in your container

or not, you folks can experiment if you like, just putting this out there
Oh mama. I'm pretty darn POed. Not at anything said; I just typed up a very long, engaged response to this post, but as I was editing (compulsive editor--no matter what medium we're talking about :/), my freaking computer screen went black. I looked around and realized I'd somehow pulled the power cable out of my laptop at some point, and for some reason the battery died without warning me. I think I'm abusing this thing far too much... Arrrrgh...at the other forum I post on we have this awesome smiley that's a little smiley-dude beating on an obviously dead horse with a baseball bat. This moment totally calls for a :horse:.

Anyway, the gist of my lost post :cry: was that I have also recently become interested in the decarboxylation of cannabinoids, and I agree with some of what you say but strongly disagree with other things. Here is a concise little snippet on decarboxylation, chosen as an example because it is relatively straightforward. I would be happy to pull something else out of my ass (I mean my archives...did I really say that? :uhoh:), but this is a relevant little explanation...

Pulled from the archives at Cannabis Culture on the web (specifically, this is the response portion of an "ask Ed" question) - http://www.cannabisculture.com/articles/3037.html

When marijuana is harvested, the THC molecule is bound to a carboxyl group, COOH, that is one atom each of carbon and hydrogen and two atoms of oxygen. With a carboxyl group attached, THC is not active.

Heating dried marijuana makes the carboxyl group convert into water (H2O) and carbon dioxide (CO2). When marijuana is smoked, the burning eliminates the carboxyl group. There are several ways to decarboxylate marijuana for use in extracts. A layer of marijuana buds or leaf can be placed in an oven at 150 degrees for 15 minutes. This is far below the boiling point of THC yet warm enough to evaporate the carboxyl group. Another method of releasing the COOH is by placing a bowl of buds in the microwave for 2 minutes. The waves will boil away the water. The boiling point of marijuana's active cannabinoids ranges from 260-392 degrees F.
That pretty much sums up my argument, I guess. I would not recommend that anyone heat their herbs in the oven at 350 F for half an hour; unless, of course, they're smothered in some brownie mix :brow:. I may be wrong, but I would not personally risk it. It's about your perspective on the plant: if you're only talking ?9-THC, then sure, that would probably be safe if heated to 350 F. Maybe, maybe not--an oven isn't guaranteed to be 100% accurate, and there's always environmental circumstances--but the boiling point of THC is listed at 392 F, so it would probably be pretty safe. However...there are so many different actives to be found in Cannabis. We're not only talking about THC anymore; I speculate that we still don't fully understand the subtleties of this plants activity. I went into more detail substantiating why I make this claim, but I am too vaped and tired to write out that argument all over again. I'd gladly come back and talk some more about decarboxylation and the other wonderful properties and abilities of Cannabis in general, if that's a discussion any one wants to be having. Oxidization is a factor with cannabinoids, so there must be some sort of balance between degradation and chemical "maturation" (in this case, decarboxylation...but many bizarre things happen to "stable" chemical constituents given time and varying circumstances)...possibly some connection to why many old Heads (people from my own experience, at least) say that the old, forgotten stash is not necessarily trash...some times it can be the best, most kind stuff. Decarboxylation may be involved here. Who knows? Too bad this is still underfunded, largely ignored (or totally non-existent) research in each of our countries (Canada for me and I think the US of A for you?) :rolleyes:

Part of the lost message was a call to open up discussions such as this, as it is our role as users on the cutting edge of Cannabis (of which I would personally consider vaporization to be a major facet, therefore we're all undoubtedly somehow involved) to delve into the "grass roots" knowledge that is slowly being revealed by new ways of looking, thinking and yes even experiencing (vaporization is again a perfect example). Technology is involved but so is a changing perspective/attitude. I hope to see more of these little "tangent" moments happening on a site such as this. Let us plow the nature of this beauty all together, and share equally what we individually discover. Once again, as I age efficiency of usage is becoming a huge part of respecting, and getting the most out of, this plant. Knowing more about what happens to these delicate chemicals and what sort of treatment might result in what consequences is the sort of advanced folk wisdom we should be discussing (and are discussing! yay!) and sharing...it's not the type of information that's going to be provided by the Drug A-scare-ness propaganda machine, thats for sure.

partially veiled,

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
Is this your horse?
deadhorseaq1.gif
:D

It's funny, during most of high school science I was out on the field smoking joints with friends. Too bad they didn't cover stuff like this, would've been glued to my seat.

Still, I love to read this stuff even without a full understanding of all the gritty details. Maybe we (you smart people) should make a new thread to discuss such intriguing matters. Truly fascinating stuff! :science:

vtac,

partially veiled

Lo Boob Oscillator
vtac said:
You freaking know it. I love that horse! I also love the weed poke. What a silly thing...God Bless the Silly!! ;)

vtac said:
It's funny, during most of high school science I was out on the field smoking joints with friends.
Oh but so was I. I've learned much more from life than school, which seems to aim its focus towards molding and stupefying the young into an ill-fit model of a "person". That vision is not really mine for what makes for quality in the human organism. In the oh-so-subtle words of Frank Zappa:

All your children are poor unfortunate victims of systems beyond their control; a plague upon your ignorance to the grey despair of your ugly life...All your children are poor unfortunate victims of lies you believe; a plague upon your ignorance that keeps the young from the truth they deserve.

That guy didn't pull punches, huh? :p School is not my thing, at least conventional schools...and I see it in that sort of way. It's intentionally narrowing the focus of so many individuals...that is the process of standardizing! Me no likey.

To stray back on-topic :ninja:: I have not weighed or kept close account of how much I've vaped since recieving my PD (I am however collecting the spent herb in a mason jar), but I can tell just by eyeballing that it's considerably less than I would have smoked to receive the same benefits. I normally wouldn't have smoked as much herb in the same time frame as that which I have vaped since receiving my PD...but obviously that can be chalked up to the fact that when I HAVE been sitting down for night-time sessions with this thing (the last two nights), I am definitely dedicating more herb than what I normally would at night, which is usually only a pipe (or two) full. I'm only using a little bit more, but I've been getting much nicer effects so far. Can you blame a guy for hogging on his new baby, seeing as it's just by a little bit?? :D

I am working with less than quality herbs due to some unhappy circumstances at the moment, so I'm hoping to keep wandering around and to be on to something new in a few days...probably have some different herbs quite soon. I am also playing with drying and grind consistency: I feel like I haven't quite hit it yet with my specific vape and I'm still not drawing everything from those hits. The amount of herb is still quite small and the effect relatively heavy, but I feel if there were a little more airflow etc. a good thing could get even better. Still, impressed with the small amount being gobbled so far, even if I am hitting it kinda hard. :ko:

Edit: Auuuughhhh!!! I just noticed that I can :horse: here now. Oh man, vtac dude you rule. I'm so freaking vaped. Tom, wherever you are, you rule too!

partially veiled,

Cannabudz

apprentice shaman
Partially veiled, Yes brother, i'd qoute everything you wrote, but i'd take up to much space:), we think bcause this plant has been around for thousand's of year's we pretty much know all we need to know, i mean yah roll a joint and yah smoke it don't yah:lol:, yeah bullshit alchemy and other thing's have been kept secret since man started competing thats the reality for me there's a premium on any endeavor in life it seem's and if it's an illegal activity then real solid information is jealously gaurded and kept to onesself, for me just finding this forum and discussing these issue's was not easy or straightfoward i don't think google had these discussions in mind but here we are:)

Cannabudz,

Cannabudz

apprentice shaman
Nice post's indeed PV, what's the name of the zappa tune i'd like to hear that one bro
Music MMMMM

By the way i was told i didn't have pure hash with alcohol, but with decarboxylation my herb's were strained thru paper etc and the dark liquid evaporated into the black resin i scrapped up with a razor blade. this was basically a qaurter of an ounce of average hydro nothin extreme($320 oz) and man i was more fucked up than ever no exaggeration, i know ive smoked that amount b4 in joints over a few hour's and never anything like it, * 8 *hour's of FAR OUT, no more canna required for a pot pig that day, i'm definately happy to talk more on this stuff, i'm not einstein but i'm keen to learn everything about ,Mary Jane ,my favourite Bitch, even though i cooked biscut's in the past Decarboxylation is new to me and from the other day's effort's it will be something i want more detailed info on being a geek @ Heart and a believer in value for money, I want to know how to make the most potent medicinal preperation as well as the most potent recreational and or spiritual recipe:)

Cannabudz,

cancertoast

I pretty much went through a quarter of mids in a month using the extreme. That was with smoking everyday after work pretty much. :cool:

cancertoast,

vaporcloud

lurking kiwi
I'd be happy with an oz in a month :rolleyes: I think the PD might pull my consumption back to around 1.5 grams a day. 3 weeks for an ounce would be nice. Going to be a few months of revapping left overs from my months of glutterny :uhoh: but after a grind they still go thru the PD quite nicely. Some nice taste and effect left :brow:

vaporcloud,

Cannabudz

apprentice shaman
Had a big day yesterday about 3 G's of hygy's my own little :party:

toaday it's slip into the real world time:ninja: mode
i'm a back street boy oh yeah :leaf: :lol:

I used to be so predictable alway's huffing & puffing the same boring route on my road bik(pedaling) but now if some one was following me it would be like were the fuck is he going, i'm here, im there i'll turn or left or right now on an impulse, which is sweet cause i have all the time in the world, and i'mm seeing different shit checking out hot girls and great little escape paths just coasting around like a HoodLamb :)

Cannabudz,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom