• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

How much do you spend on cannabis a month?

wm762

Product Tester / Reviewer
i only buy live resin these days and cannabis is legal in canada so we have the online websites. i spend roughly 230 dollars every 2 months or so.

ProfessionalHandJob

"A handjob is still a job, okay?"
I don't spend much on weed because I grow my own. But, I spent over $1000.00 last month on vapes. LOL
I have over $1,000 in vapes being delivered today lmao. Damn VAS. But, I'm really enjoying the device/tech/hobbyist side action that comes with medicating using cannabis.

I spend like $500-600 a month on cannabis rn :-/ purchasing only from state medical dispensaries. However, this is much cheaper then the alternative for me, and additionally i'm able to abstain from self medicating with alcohol because of it. So to me I'm really saving money vs the total cost on my life of what I'd be doing if medical cannabis was not available in my state, and for my conditions.

Last edited:

gordontreeman

Everythings coming up Milhouse!
Reading through this thread makes me glad I have a pretty low tolerance. I don’t quite get through an eight in a month. My consumption has gone up a bit since getting into vapes so it’s probably right at or a bit above an eight, but it still ends up being ~$30.

CANtalk

It's great to see the different ways people enjoy cannabis... and a good read imo; there's a rainbow of living and life circumstances out there. No judgement coming from me; costs can be little, or high.

I can quickly crunch my monthly cost, so here's my current experience; ~4.5 weekends in a month X 8 sessions per weekend (2/3/3 F/Sa/Su) = 36 sessions vaping flower total, X 0.050 grams per session (I'm a microdoser and use a scale) = 1.8 grams of cannabis per month. At my last few batch buy costs, that comes out to $7 US per month. Fwiw, the microdosing and weekly breaks bring low tolerance and big effects in combination with low temp vaping and temp stepping. I'm not really into in edibles or concentrates currently and prefer the more fulsome spectrum of effects from vaping fresh flower.

Nice to hear from growers, with all they contribute :bowdown:.

:peace: :leaf:

Last edited:

Polarbearboy

Tokin' Away Since 1968
When the pandemic "stay at home" stuff started 14-15 months ago, I decided to try concentrates, which I had never used other than hash, never even seen, and which I knew nothing about. Also, in NH pot is no longer a crime, but you can't buy it here, and I couldn't get a Maine medical card and Maine adult hadn't started, so I'd drive three hours each way down to Mass. Each trip was a big deal and I kept every receipt starting in March. I've also gotten several methods to vape, including a Sai and now ten coils(I hate that I can't get more AVS flatteneds, which are my favs), Rio with three bangers, Terp Pen, and G Pen Connect. I've had some lovely shatters, sugars, juices, resins, rosins, badders, honey waxes, crumbles, etc. I also still use some flower, mostly in the day to enhance my solitary bike and stationary bike rides. Total cost, exclusive of devices, $150-200 per month.

It has certainly made living through through the pandemic more tolerable. And trying all the different kinds of concentrates has been lots of fun.

My current program of stuff out and ready to vape is two flower varieties, one sativa and one indica, kept in a cool dark place in small mason jars with Integras, and then a small plastic snack box with six different concentrates in small jars. I love having all the variety to play with.

When it seemed like my tolerance was getting to high and that I was spending too much time thinking about dope, I took a 21 day Cannabreak. Now I'm back on the stuff and having fun.

Last edited:

damm

To put some perspective on how much I spend on Cannabis. I picked up an oz and a half today for 580$. 220$ for the half oz and 360$ for the oz.

The half-ounce is Animal Sherbert from Gold Leaf Gardens. Pesticide-free, really nice buds will make excellent rosin for edibles. The ounce is Diesel Thai from Falcanna, which is another pesticide-free grow and massive buds.

I pay 42% sin tax, so the pre-tax cost would be 336.40, which is GREAT for what was acquired. Even with a medical card, I would still be paying 12% taxes on what I buy as the shops only give you a 30% discount which I can get by going on the right day anyway.

I-502 Washington State. No grow rights without a card.

gangababa

40 grams a month, Jan-Dec, at 6000 pesos monthly; currently about US $143 or $3.50/gram.
It is not I who chooses the monthly strain (sometimes two) that the club delivers.
Legal Oregon is a better deal than legal Uruguay, but there are perks and parks and places to play, far away from the maddening crowds.
Vaping by the sea, priceless!

west-elec

Scrog ? Cause except the sprouting to monitor or the harvest to do, it's only watering and it takes minutes, u've got fields ?
I will says it takes me less than 3h a month (harvest uncount)

Yeah it's not how much money but how much time.
We go through maybe 4 or more ounces a month, (wife and I, well to be honest just me really, her very occassionally), all home grown. I grow using the cheapest method- Indoor veg for clones under 24hr fluro, then outdoor in the sun to flower, largely organic. So it costs me very little, but the workload is real and my time ain't free.
I take new cuttings and bring out new plants roughly every fortnight, so that means harvesting and trimming and transplanting and curing all going on continuously, all the time. Plus Bubble hash processing all your trim, edibles etc. it takes a toll on your weekend.
It's a fun hobby and I love doing it but when you continuously go from one harvest to the next, year after year and have pounds to deal with it starts to seem like real work. I would say 5 hours a week, so 20 per month minimum and I am a lazy grower who does bare minimum. You can't 'uncount' harvest and post harvest, that's where all the hours are.
So growers do pay in their time and energy, if not pesos out of pocket.

Shadooz

You can't 'uncount' harvest and post harvest, that's where all the hours are.
I can cause i'm not cloning, i won't harvest every month..
Indoor veg for clones under 24hr fluro, then outdoor in the sun to flower
I do the opposite XD cold weather, but veg under sunlight cost me nothing, just takes more time. Then hps bloom. I'm the laziest, that's why it takes me no times, straight to big soil pot, i won't even do hash or concentrate, i vape my trimmed leaf, taste is not bad just light effect XD

Cloning then breeding are another stories

Deecee

Around $90 a month, also buy the 25% - 35% THC range bud because I seem to get more sessions out of flower in that range. Under that normally vapes in a single session and isnt worth it except for flavor.

Deecee,
Reactions: arb

cvs8floz

I put in quite a bit of work probably around 40-50 hours a month, plus the grow related electric bills and supplies every month. But the weed is free, lol.
Very similar situation for me, I figure about $100-$125 mth in electric bills to run 2 tents, plus consumables such as soil, fertilizer. At least 2 health checks daily plus hours harvesting, so the hours add up, but it's a labor of love and having fresh material available is priceless. I normally have about 10 strains to pick from.

shredder

Scrog ? Cause except the sprouting to monitor or the harvest to do, it's only watering and it takes minutes, u've got fields ?
I will says it takes me less than 3h a month (harvest uncount)

I do use a 2 light scrog for flowering, and I use a led light for seedlings and a bigger light for vegging plants.

Those 2 flower lights grow 8 largish plants and that supplies 5 patients and my wife and I. And I deliver, and that takes time.

And most of my inputs are organic plant based homemade fertilizers. So I grow comfrey and rot that in buckets of water and use the liquid as fertilizer. Also I use grass clippings and whatever. Lately I've been using rotted red beet peelings, lol. So it's not a manner of just buying grow fertilizer. I'm a fanatic about my buds so I go the extra mile.

Add to that trimming, curing, making rosin, tumble hash, and feco.

But I get "free" weed, lol.

iDRINKBLEACH

knowing is half the power - Gi-JOE
Accessory Maker
It’s illegal where I am. Sadly I spend about $700... rent for my 2 story house with a basement in my small town is only 800 a month. Pretty crazy man. Supreme Court is looking at legalization in my state and we will know in a couple of weeks if I’m going to save some $

Thick Vape

In the Ballpark
Not enough :D

I just had a rare flare up of VAS. It generally is followed or accompanied by a state of low stash and would be followed by increased symptoms of CAS (Cannabis Acquisition Syndrome), if some crosses my path and finances still allow.

Edit: Growing is the way to go of course, imo. A way to make sure you do not vape some synthetic thc, vitamin e, or whatever. Or finding sources you can trust...and take a vacation from growing.

Last edited:

Shadooz

Those 2 flower lights grow 8 largish plants and that supplies 5 patients and my wife and I
Add to that trimming, curing, making rosin, tumble hash, and feco.

That's our difference, i've not the yields to get enough trimmed leaves for something like cheap bho. So I've never looked into extraction, but i've seen some expensive materiel..

So i skip that, really low trim, no sifting
So harvest only takes me 4/5h, to scissor cut into jar, and maximum twice a year..
But it's really my only time asking task

At least 2 health checks daily
The babies got all the attention :lol:
But it's always good to detect some red spiders soon

Top Bottom