• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

How many times throughout the day do you vape?

JBone65

First tried weed >50 years ago. Loved it immediately. Couldn't always indulge over the years but now retired and "bad ass" weed is everywhere. Have used the portable Grasshopper IO herb vaporizer since 2016, finding it to be efficient and clandestine, practically perfect for my situation. Have settled happily into maintenance mode, one small thimble-full (one load, about 1/4 teaspoon) gives 10-11 satisfying hits. Using 1 load/day, roughly an once of 24% every 3 months. Have seen a lot of changes over the years, hopefully others are able to use it safely and avoid worse vices. Lots of folks are still in prison for weed.

JBone65

I use a relatively small amount throughout the day but, IMO, weed is more impactful the less one indulges. Those that use it less frequently probably get more stoned when they do. The emphasis used to on getting "stoned again" which implies some amount of sobering up. :myday::leaf:

His_Highness

In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king
Depends on the purpose....

If vaping for medicinal purposes .... wake and bake and keep topping the buzz off every hour or so till bedtime. Topping it off meaning a good hit or two but not the usual 4 or 5 hit session.

If vaping for recreational purposes .... First session around 6PM and topping the buzz off every hour or so till bedtime. I usually have a honey-do list that I have to make progress on during the day before I allow myself to session up for the evening.

I'm retired so I have the time and access but the reason I don't use recreationally during the day is because..... If I vape during the day I will get distracted from my chores and have to keep topping off the high throughout the day or I'm gonna need a nap around 5 PM. Funny thing is if I can keep topping off the high during the day I can sail right into the evening without that nap but getting those chores done ain't happnin.....

After reading my own post I realize that cannabis isn't a one and done for me....similar to my coke days ... It's kinda like lays potato chips....I can't eat just one.....

Philabrookla

@philabrookla
Pretty much aromatizing as often as my throat and lungs can handle comfortably. Sometimes that's half dozen, sometimes dozens of sessions per day.

If getting stoned is a concern, I'll just pack a heater with CBD herb and/or CBG kief.

Heating herbs to inhale their cannabinoid-laden steam is an activity Sapiens have celebrated life with since the dawn of civilization. So if you are feeling civilized, pack your heaters and start steamin'!

vapirtoo

OK I actually took pen and paper and recorded how often I vape
for mental health recreation.
If nothing is pressing that day ( retired ) I have a session every
90 min. consisting of about 11 pulls per session- Vapbong.
Any minor chore or hobby curtails this amount.
Venturing out of my man cave into the real world
makes me realize how fucked up I am,
so I take a break sometimes. Any outside activity
is done with no weed.... except canoeing!

codexica

On weekdays, I'm evening vaper -- definitely nothing before the end of the workday. Usually then I'll have a bowl to kick off the transition from work time into personal time. Could be a microdose basket or maybe a few puffs from a regularly loaded LSV, or maybe a vapcap bowl. Repeat as needed throughout the evening, plus a final bowl once I'm in bed and trying to sleep. On the weekends, I def vape more, and the timing/how often really varies depending on what I'm up to -- I refuse to drive high, so it depends on where it fits in, either after being out and about or a few hours before. Weekends are also when I like to break out the Sticky Bricks and have fun vaporizing with fire :D

JBone65

It's interesting to hear what others consider normal after legalization and the introduction of vaping. For decades I averaged a "lid" per month, about a joint per day. It was tough to get and there were serious risks. Even after strong weed arrived in the 70's, you could always "get high" or get "stoned again" because you would normally be totally sober most of the time. The transition from straight to stoned was the special part, and this often included alcohol for a double whammy. Suddenly I was growing and vaping high strength hydro around the clock. Whooppee! 😜 Went off the deep end for a few years, eventually settled into a comfortable rhythm. I hit the grasshopper io every hour or two. One good hit, walk away and forget about it. Two hits in a row and I'll appear inebriated, might get drowsy and potentially impact the rest of my day. The good news is that 10-12 hits per day (mostly with the grasshopper io) keeps me satisfied and still able to focus on chores and projects. I'm back to buying it, an ounce now lasts me 2-3 months. Also, I'm no longer indulging in other destructive vices. Sorry for the long post.

notams

toke down Babylon
Measuring use by number of hits or bowls is like measuring food by the number of bites.

Me: I had a quarter pound burger with fries and a large Coke. What'd you have Steve?

Steve: 187 bites.

Me: Huh?

Steve: oh, I meant about 40 fork fulls.

Me: (walks away)

Am I the only one who thinks this? Number of hits, number of bowls - who cares? Shit. I got a Vapbong. Wanna measure your dick to that? It's a goddamn 2.0 gram bowl!

Ok, just my opinion, but I thinkbvolume should be measured in... Volume.

My use: 1 ounce per week.

BrianTL

Westchester, NY
Measuring use by number of hits or bowls is like measuring food by the number of bites.

Me: I had a quarter pound burger with fries and a large Coke. What'd you have Steve?

Steve: 187 bites.

Me: Huh?

Steve: oh, I meant about 40 fork fulls.

Me: (walks away)

Am I the only one who thinks this? Number of hits, number of bowls - who cares? Shit. I got a Vapbong. Wanna measure your dick to that? It's a goddamn 2.0 gram bowl!

Ok, just my opinion, but I thinkbvolume should be measured in... Volume.

My use: 1 ounce per week.

idk if you vape a half oz on Monday and a half oz on Thursday, that would be cool to know

notams

toke down Babylon
idk if you vape a half oz on Monday and a half oz on Thursday, that would be cool to know
I use medically and dose pretty consistently throughout the day every day. I'm retired (yay @vapirtoo ain't it great?). So, I literally just sit around listening to music - Grateful Dead mostly and vape.

I measure out 3.0 gr ground portions into 2 small Jyarz containers for 2 different strains. Those containers are for Dynavap use. I refill them Fridays. So, it's approx 1.0 gr of DV use per day. I use the full tip. I measured my average DV bowl a while ago, I think it was about 0.08 which sounds about right because I do about 12-15 caps a day.

I used my scale to measure out hand torn nugs to use in the Vapbong. I got pretty good at eyeballing about 0.50 grams. I like thick full hits and I think the VB shines best with big bowls. I do between 10 bowls of the VB thru the day. Some are smaller thru the day. I wake & bake with a huge VB bowl (0.75) and tuck myself in with a huge VB bowl.

My use has been super high since March due to some recent medical stuff. So, all of these above numbers are for the bad weeks /months. For me the quantity used to be primarily financial. I budgeted $300 / month. That was either 3 oz of the good stuff or 2 of the great. I have the extended plant med card. But still, I only want to do 1 dispo trip a month. So, I sort of regulated my use /need /want based on what $300 got me that month.

Spending that much at my dispo gets me lots of loyalty cards and points and such. So, I've got weed everywhere and the budget is blown to shit and I haven't taken a T break in like... I forget. But, hey! Still sort of walking and planning on going kayaking at the Pueblo Reservoir tomorrow (or at least watching my wife from the shore while I hobble around on arm crutches).

My long-term average (over about 3 years of tracking) is more like 2.50 ounces a month. For one entire year that was DV exclusively. I chain vaped liked 3 packs a day on that little thing.

Hope that helped.

JBone65

2.50 ounces a month
I have a medical card, but I'm lucky in that my only significant health issues are in my head. :lol:

I think I can get by on an ounce every 2-3 months. It's gonna sound odd, but I'm using less weed now (after >50 years?) than ever before but staying more stoned. I think I'm using less for two reasons: 1. The weed is stronger than it used to be on average. 2. Vaping with the grasshopper io is more efficient than combustion or other vape devices I've tried.

For me, it all comes down to being 100% free to get a hit wherever the urge strikes, then it's important to feel satisfied enough with every single hit to walk away and forget about it for an hour or three. About 1/3 gram per day equals 11-12 excellent vape hit's and 4-5 one-hit pipe blasts. Every now and then I'll get back to back hits and suffer the consequences, but the best hits seem to come when I haven't had one in a few hours (or longer). I'm retired but try to keep 50% busy with several to-do lists.

I might be fooling myself, but I think I've found a way to pace myself and get more out of it. Have been able to eliminate most of my bad habits and this one is picking up the slack.

Top Bottom