How do you store your glass stems, j hooks etc

Timps27

Feel like I’m winnin’ when I’m losin’ again
I wish I could find a woodworker to make some sort of organization/storage cabinet for my desk.

He’s not cheap, but quality rarely is. I’m certain if you wanted HB could whip you up something beautiful!

Hippie

There are a couple of artisans here in the forum that can make you a bespoke stand

I'm too cheap for that at the moment and use make up brush holders and spoon rests like these

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Yeah I just have a 710coils dab mat on my coughee table that is nice to rest go-to glass on, additional glass is in a drawer, and still more in a box that goes pretty unused lol

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
I keep a half dozen or more cooling stems sitting up in a ceramic tumbler (just a coffee cup with no handle). Put something in the bottom to keep the glass safe. My j-hooks lay along one side of a drawer and are easily more awkward to store even though I only have three of them.

il_1588xN.3012405902_gbst.jpg

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
Right now I keep almost all my glass in a couple of drawers with bubble wrap. I keep telling myself when we move into a bigger place I will find a nice display. I like that HB stuff for stems. Something with plugs, rather than sockets would probably work for my jay hooks. Although I keep buying more so that might be a problem.

howie105

Mine are all sitting in a box right now, wish I had a good case for them
For straight stems in longish term storage I use capped PVC pipe cut to length and padded with foam, curved pieces get wrapped in foam which is held closed with rubber bands. Then all those pieces go into tool boxes and bins. For active pieces they either get hung against a wall or on a baby bottle drying rack.

Boreus

Bongs, bubblers, etc I have on a shelf in one of my closets. I use to have a nice cabinet but I need to reorganize to use it again.
Stems, bangers, cabs, whatever else I use daily is in a drawer in organizers I got from the dollar store to keep them from sliding everywhere.
Things I rarely use I have stashed in an ottoman.

Glorg

I have a full cabinet two shelves of display glass with a drawer box for smaller pieces and such. Good tip for jhook storage is buying stick on plastic hooks ( just make sure it’s the 3m quality double sided tape or you’ll have a bad day eventually ) and hang the jhooks. I’ll get a pic of my setup later but the glass needs a cleaning session first I’ve been lazy post covid.

LesPlenty

Company Rep
I use a Sidchrome 'Intermediate' toolbox for some of my glass,
There are other brands that make the same, fits under my vape bench nicely!

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
I use a Sidchrome 'Intermediate' toolbox for some of my glass,
There are other brands that make the same, fits under my vape bench nicely!
This is a fantastic idea. I was looking at cocktail cabinets but they just don't have good shelves. Tool storage and workbenches are looking like a great way to go.

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
I'm keeping all my cannabis stuff, including all my glass, in an armoire/cabinet I picked up from a local hardware store. It was fairly cheap, and it works great. But I do need a couple more shelves to put in here. I recently got this cabinet as an upgrade from my last one that was a bit smaller, and there's still not enough shelves in this one yet to fit everything, and I could also use some more racks to hold more small glass fittings would be nice.

IMG-2446.jpg

Although, I've seen things like this recommended by others here specifically to hold things like glass stems, and I may try some soon to put in there:
71-Nq-H-3gp-L-SL1500.jpg

**edit** - I just ordered a black version of that brush holder I linked to above. So I'll see how it goes....

Last edited:

Jill NYC

Portable Hoarder
Perfect timing! Last week, I FINALLY re-organized all my glass stems and adapters. While not as pretty as some of those custom ideas, here is what I came up with:

Three cases closed for storage:

I had this case for months before finally having the courage to make the cuts in the foam. It looks loose in the pics, but they all fit snuggly in their cutouts. I use it for my most used/awkwardly sized glass pieces.

I use this one for all my backup/generic stems:

And this one is mostly adapters, etc:

Time will tell if this system will work for me or stay this organized…

Hippie

Thank you for posting those brush holders @Ramahs
As I meant to mention them as another option before but couldn't find the link to the ones I bought.
I think I prefer them over the the ones I posted as the silicone is a little thinner in those ones so it's a little softer and more flexible, which makes it easier to actually use.

Top Bottom