How do you clean your grinder?

BrianTL

Westchester, NY
Only when they are due...you look about halfway there!
Haha, that is one gunked up grinder...I wonder how well it would spin if cleaned?
I save my iso that cleans my grinders and mason jars that I stash my herb in, it is now a very dark yellow/brown colour and about ready to evaporate off. It is a few of years worth of cleaning, I will load the goo into some thick oil carts I have for the Quaser pen eventually.

Honestly I dont think it slows it down that much

I got the Large BCG recently, so I was able to compare a brand new BCG to the gunked up standard. It really isnt that much more difficult to spin at all. A little bit sure, but not super noticeable. A bit of drag, but not much. If anything it just confirmed that it isn't ready to be cleaned yet :lol:

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
Only when they are due...you look about halfway there!
Haha, that is one gunked up grinder...I wonder how well it would spin if cleaned?
I save my iso that cleans my grinders and mason jars that I stash my herb in, it is now a very dark yellow/brown colour and about ready to evaporate off. It is a few of years worth of cleaning, I will load the goo into some thick oil carts I have for the Quaser pen eventually.

I've done the same, reusing the same ISO until it was black, then let it evaporate in a glass brownie pan for a few days. When it was dry i scraped off and balled together the hash and smoked it. It smelled tasted and felt like hash. Not the finest but it was hash.

HughJundys

Waistband Optimizer
Staff member
I'd skip whatever you are currently doing and do this instead: I have a couple of Lift grinders. They perform much nicer when cleaned. My current procedure is to hand them over to @VAPEHUNTER. They come back a day later like new. The little lawn mower blades just spin and spin! I don't know what he does but it's better than any ISO/milk/q tip wash I've done. Give them to him.

Cannabiker

Ultrasonic cleaner...for everything vape-related...get one big enough and they will also clean your bongs. :2c:
Will it remove baked-on carbon from a Dynavap tip? And what solution do you use? I've read that iso is dangerous in one.

I need to get one. I was shocked to see how cheap they can be. I worked at a bike shop where we talked the owner into getting one, but it was like five grand. And, yes, we had the cleanest glassware in town.

LesPlenty

Company Rep
I use water in my ultrasonic cleaner, sometimes I will use a jar with iso suspended in the water with whatever item for reclaim collection.
Will it remove baked-on carbon from a Dynavap tip?
I do not know as I have never let a tip get that much build-up before trying...charred quartz bangers still need a Simple Green soak. :2c:

Siebter

Less soul, more mind
Will it remove baked-on carbon from a Dynavap tip?
For cleaning a Dynavap tip you'll need an electric toothbrush, toothpaste with sodium bicarbonate and 5 minutes of your time (for brushing the tip with said items).

@ topic: I have a BCG, I literally never *have* to clean it (and rarely do). When I do, I simply fill it with 99% iso, let it sit for an hour, then rinse thoroughly → presto.

Robert-in-YEG

My normal is to put the grinder in the freezer. The next I give the grinder a whack onto a rolling tray, then using a pick to remove any stuck flower.

When the grinder has fully emptied, I wipe it down with alcohol. Last, I put just the smallest amount of olive oil on my finger, and lube where things fit together, to reduce friction.

In terms of frequency, I clean my grinder once a week.

Robert-in-YEG

"Don't kid yourself, Jimmy. If a cow ever got the chance, he'd eat you and everyone you care about!"
- Troy McClure (The Simpsons )

Top Bottom