Hotbox Vape

Soaper

Ash - let me clarify that I understand that "small amounts" is a relative term. What I did was take a half gram, divided into 6 differnt equal looking amounts (my scale won't go down that far) and run those amounts through 6 different vaporizers I own. In that comparison, of the three vapes I used in this discussion, I had the best results with the HB. By best I mean the amount of visable vapor, the ease at which I was able to get it, and the number of hits I could get. It was not a big difference, but when I finished, I put them in the order I did.

In my opinion, none of the whip vapes are "great" at small amounts, but using small amounts and getting results are possible with all of them. I personally don't find small amount very satisfying, but I have read the amount discussion on this forum in several threads, so I thought I throw it in since I had done a comparison myself.

Moe - I don't know if you thought I was slamming the VB, but I assure you it wasn't my intention if that is what you got from what I wrote. I like my VB too. I am not promoting one over the other because they are different. Not apples to oranges different, but Fuji to Red Delicious different. I was just trying to give some feedback on my experience with three of the more popular whip styles because I have used them alot.

I think that the vaporizer that is best for someone is as much a factor of how the vaporizer will be used and personal use style/likes/dislikes, as it is the unit. B's comment is an example of that I think. Lack of variable temperature is a deal breaker for him, but it isn't for many (i.e. PD/MZ/HB owners). Since I still use all 3 of the ones I wrote about, I figured I could provide some honest, first-hand feedback based on personal experience. That is all I have tried to do. Hareste can take it from there.

Soaper,

GreenWizard

Lubaka
i might try the $150 Hot Box soon , it`ll be my first vaporizer ... hope i don`t get disappointed :peace:

Has anyone encountered problems taking hits with those?

GreenWizard,

MoeOnTheMoon

Medical Marijuana Activist
Company Rep
Soaper said:
Moe - I don't know if you thought I was slamming the VB, but I assure you it wasn't my intention if that is what you got from what I wrote. I like my VB too. I am not promoting one over the other because they are different. Not apples to oranges different, but Fuji to Red Delicious different. I was just trying to give some feedback on my experience with three of the more popular whip styles because I have used them alot.
No, I didn't think you were slamming the Vapor Bros. I was just noting that the VB vape seems to not get the attention it probably deserves, so if someone here is considering it, they may get the wrong impression by seeing how little attention it gets here.

MoeOnTheMoon,

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
GreenWizard said:
i might try the $150 Hot Box soon , it`ll be my first vaporizer ... hope i don`t get disappointed :peace:

I think you ought to do more research on the hotbox before you decide that this is the one you want.
i've never used one, and i like the way they look - they look snazzy...
but i've read several comments expressing disappointment with this particular vaporizer.
on the other hand, the vapor brothers with its simple utilitarian design, absolutely does the job consistently.
that has been my experience and i think the general consensus as well.

jeffp,

stinkmeaner

GreenWizard said:

For around the same price you are probably better off with and adjustable temperature vaporizer like Da Budha or Vapor Bros, I hear the Hot Box can run a little hot, overcooking your herbs.

stinkmeaner,

Ash

vaporist
Hey GreenWizard, why the HotBox? Not a fan favorite here at FC, so I'm just wondering what about it won you over? I'll admit it seems to be the easiest vape to color-coordinate with your home decor, and it is also probably the most stealthy of the whip vapes, but is there anything else?

Ash,

GreenWizard

Lubaka
well it looks easy to use ... it is the exact amount of $ i can spend ... ash what do u mean by "stealthy" Ash?
i do have one week or so to decide and if lucky save more money and get a SSV ... has anyone other than Soaper ever used HotBox? I`ll be smoking only weed no herbs would overcooking be a problem stinkmeaner ? :uhoh:

edit: overheating is not a problem i will not need to move it and color is not relevant ... the vaporizer i need should give rich hits and if possible to last at least 2 years :)

GreenWizard,

stinkmeaner

When I say "herbs" I mean that as a general term for anything you put in it. You really want to check out the SSV Da Budha or Vapor Bro. They both run $15 more than the Hot Box and have adjustable temperature so that you can find the sweet spot with any kind of "weed". Read up on this thread to find out more details on the DBV, everyone here likes it.
http://www.fuckcombustion.com/viewtopic.php?id=201

stinkmeaner,

Hotboxvapebongin

I've used the hotbox for a while hince my name. I will tell you it's an excellent vaporizer.. There is no fuss no muss.. you turn it on and while 10-15 mins and its ready. No knobs, no bullshit its always heats it up for a nice temp for marijuana. I've left it on for a couple days and it still didn't overcook my herb. Its all about the speed of your draw. BTW I've owned one of the most highest rated vaporizers on this site (VHW setup) and I stil love the hotbox.

Hotboxvapebongin,

Ash

vaporist
GreenWizard said:
what do u mean by "stealthy" Ash?
I mean that if you hide the whip it's not going to draw too much attention. If someone doesn't know what they are looking at, "MJ paraphanalia" is unlikely to be a first guess.

Ash,

GreenWizard

Lubaka
well Hotboxvapebongin have u had the "problem with falling glass piece" mentioned there ?
Is ur hotbox still working , how long u got it ? Where u ordered it from?

Ash everyone around here know i smoke weed so stealth is not a issue but u`re right lots of folks will think is automatic pencil sharpener if i tell `em so..even most of the marijuana users here won`t know what it is even if i show `em tha cannon :) hhahah i wouldn`t know either if i did not have internet!

*guess i`ll not be the first one who wanna try all vaporizers out there and probably will end up have `em all...:lol:

GreenWizard,

stinkmeaner

You came on the forum to ask our opinion of the hotbox and the majority of the people said to look at better options but you still chose the hotbox, makes you wonder why you even bothered asking opinions if you had your mind made up. Good luck

stinkmeaner,

Beezleb

Ive tried a hot box twice, none recently. The only real issue I have is no temp control but I need that and that the unit seemed to keep increasing in heat but I have not seen that widely reported though I have seen it as issue in past reviews ive read on it.

For me, I consider it a 100 dollar value. The price point it is as now around 150 dollars. I think the price makes it a less popular vape because their are other vaporizers people find more appealing at that price range. I believe if they sold the hot box in the 100 to 120 dollar range it would be more popular, especially as a starter vape.

Beezleb,

stinkmeaner

I have seen one and it was almost too hot to even move, they should really add some insulation and a temperature control.

stinkmeaner,

GreenWizard

Lubaka
stinkmeaner said:
You came on the forum to ask our opinion ...
I am already aware it gets very hot and can not be moved or touched ... i prefer it not to have temperature control but be rather simple (i am sure it is cheap inside) ... i would not use Warranty especially when i`ll probably end up paying shipping fees {50$ one way}, i doubt manufacturer would be willing to pay the {100$} since the unit cost at most 150 ... and i have noticed in lots of threads reports of vaporizers needing change of parts... so if i was in us i will sure buy extreme or even something more expensive with nice Warranty ... since nobody brought up any bad issues about hotbox i`m not aware of...plus i think the unit will fit my needs so i ordered :lol:

GreenWizard,

GreenWizard

Lubaka
:mad:

well it is "cheap inside" , cheaper than i thought is possible... and it came with broken glass piece...
so it is unusable now... i wish i had listened more carefully, waited and bought something at least decent...
hotboxvaporizer9.jpg

edit:No max it is not covered by it... but vape world said they will send me one as soon as they have covers in stock ... :/

GreenWizard,

GreenWizard

Lubaka
Damn i finaly recieved new heater glass and when i turned on the hotbox i did not get hot at all... is not working for no freaking reason... i have bought 220v adapter and hotbox was very hot the first time i turned it on just to test if it works..... you should make a "fake vapes" thread and put give these peace of garbage [hotrippoff] the first place...!!! :uhoh:

GreenWizard,

GreenWizard

Lubaka
Yep vape4health there were also people who said is good...that is why suggested there is DO NOT BUY thread in this forum and this box should be on first place. IT is for sure there are more fakes pretending to be vaporizers ( worth 20$ inside) and this forum is useless if there is no such thread ... I don`t accuse anyone for me being cheated out of my money but i was going to buy easy vape before i saw this forum...:uhoh:

Luckily for me Vapeworld will help me with this matter.:)

GreenWizard,

SSS

mmj patient under siege by the obama admin
yeah, this forum is useless. people told you the hotbox was junk and you bought it anyways. honestly, what were you thinking? the good vapes have pages and pages of posts in threads yet you chose to buy junk. don't blame the forum for a single bit of your mistake.

SSS,

lwien

GreenWizard said:
..... and this forum is useless if there is no such thread ...
This forum is useless for those that want to be spoon fed and refuse to do the reading and research before purchasing a vape.
-----Fixed

Like ANY vape, some will like a particular vape, and others won't. Just takes a bit of reading and a bit of analytical thought to help you make the right decision.

Top Bottom