Hookahhead_MD Custom glass vape accessories

Hookahhead_MD

Accessory Maker
Hey there everyone, I had another Sunday Funday today!

I haven't made this style for a while, but this is the updated version of the very first style that I made. This is still the style I personally prefer to use.

ytpslbms9fcb1
jqyr3fns9fcb1

I also made this bent 10mm adapter for someone that needed to get the tip away from their face.
iux9ff8jafcb1

I'm happy with the way this 14mm Dynavap adapter turned out, unfortunately the customer wanted a 14mm Dani adapter haha. Full disclosure.. I like to test my products and sometimes forget things :rofl:

I got another small batch of stems finished up today. I think I have made close to 30 total now. The first testers are starting to arrive in people's mail boxes, and I am hoping to get the first drop out to vgoodiez this week. I got a stem to @6murphys6luck6, who is local to me. He discovered that the TRWW intercoolers fit inside the center hole, and confirmed that third party mouthpieces fit properly. Unfortunately the glass MP that vgoodiez carries is just a bit too long to sit flush, and likely inhibits vapor traveling along the outer channels.
fq5l6ty5cfcb1
bw5gq6p59tbb1
qc1vcmo59tbb1
4in2lbm59tbb1
1p2gc8m1htbb1

And to make @Monk Debate and a few others.. here's My first TM/Dani stem! They are just a little longer than the other stems to accommodate the extra length on the Dani post. Video shows the outer shell, and photo is just before they're welded together.
qvzy0jpndfcb1

Hookahhead_MD

Accessory Maker
Snuck into the studio for a few hours today.

Here is the Dynavap WPA from last week, along with the Dani adapter that I was supposed to make. The piece was still hot in the video, which is why the eye is a different color.
8kzakhbuw7db1

Keeping with the twins vibe.
6s7vbhbuw7db1

Here's the finished dual use TM/Dani from last post.

I decided to see what a classic spoon for the Dani would look like.

Here are my TM and TM/Dyna stems that have passed my QC and are ready to go. I have the build pretty well figured out now, and I'm achieving nice consistency.
huwc7vauw7db1

LongDraw

Tm stems look great, really like the fixed glass compared to beads/pills that rattle. Know when these will go on your etsy site?

Also, just ordered a glass mouthpiece for the TM original stem, know if those would fit in the other end of these?

LongDraw,

Hookahhead_MD

Accessory Maker
Tm stems look great, really like the fixed glass compared to beads/pills that rattle. Know when these will go on your etsy site?

Also, just ordered a glass mouthpiece for the TM original stem, know if those would fit in the other end of these?

Thanks! I wanted to create something that is unique, functional, durable, and economic. I am thrilled with how these turned out. I just shipped the first batch of stems to vgoodiez this morning. I don’t know when they will be listed on his site. I am going to do the first couple of drops through him as a way to give back a little. I will eventually do direct sales. Unfortunately I am not sure if I will be able to put these on Etsy, they have pulled other listings of mine for using the word “stem”.

If the glass mouthpiece is the one from TM, it will fit, but the post is too long to fit flush. I posted a photo of it in my previous post. There is 0.5 inch empty space on each side of the intercooler. You would want some space between the mouthpiece and the intercooler to ensure the vapor is being pulled along the outside channels and not just the center. I may modify my design a bit to accommodate them, but I am really happy with the current proportions. I can always build one to suit your needs if you DM me.

Hookahhead_MD,
Reactions: LongDraw

LongDraw

Thanks! I wanted to create something that is unique, functional, durable, and economic. I am thrilled with how these turned out. I just shipped the first batch of stems to vgoodiez this morning. I don’t know when they will be listed on his site. I am going to do the first couple of drops through him as a way to give back a little. I will eventually do direct sales. Unfortunately I am not sure if I will be able to put these on Etsy, they have pulled other listings of mine for using the word “stem”.

If the glass mouthpiece is the one from TM, it will fit, but the post is too long to fit flush. I posted a photo of it in my previous post. There is 0.5 inch empty space on each side of the intercooler. You would want some space between the mouthpiece and the intercooler to ensure the vapor is being pulled along the outside channels and not just the center. I may modify my design a bit to accommodate them, but I am really happy with the current proportions. I can always build one to suit your needs if you DM me.

Thanks for the reply and info. Not sure how i missed that pic, that gap doesn't bother me. I'll keep an eye out for the vgooiez drop. Thanks again.

Hookahhead_MD

Accessory Maker
What about "straw" ?? tiny star straws

I love this idea, I think it will work since that's exactly what they are!

Thanks for the reply and info. Not sure how i missed that pic, that gap doesn't bother me. I'll keep an eye out for the vgooiez drop. Thanks again.

It looks like the package should arrive tomorrow! I don't know how quick he will get them unpacked and listed. The issue that I have with the vgoodiez glass tip is that the post essentially touches the intercooler. I think this will limit the airflow around the outside channels and direct most of it through the center. I may try to accommodate for this in the future, but it means that at least one side needs an inch or so of empty space before the intercooler. If you pick one up, I appreciate any feedback on how it's working for you.

Here's the stem I have been using. I'm happy to see the vapor is following along those channels, the air path has not been noticeably hindered, and it's doing a great job catching the crispy bits that sneak through the screen.

LongDraw

I love this idea, I think it will work since that's exactly what they are!

It looks like the package should arrive tomorrow! I don't know how quick he will get them unpacked and listed. The issue that I have with the vgoodiez glass tip is that the post essentially touches the intercooler. I think this will limit the airflow around the outside channels and direct most of it through the center. I may try to accommodate for this in the future, but it means that at least one side needs an inch or so of empty space before the intercooler. If you pick one up, I appreciate any feedback on how it's working for you.

Here's the stem I have been using. I'm happy to see the vapor is following along those channels, the air path has not been noticeably hindered, and it's doing a great job catching the crispy bits that sneak through the screen.

Awsome, got their site up on the TM portion so i can check periodically for when they are listed.

If able to snag one for sure will report back regading the tip. Figure will try fully inserted, but likely move it up the amount you mentioned so it doesn't block the other channels.

Your vid shows that vapor gets split and guessing quite a bit of cooling with all the channels. Great job, excited to try. Also ordered the baskets so figure this stem would per perfect for me to get to use the basket and new mouthpiece. Then very easy cleaning with no small bits to worry about.

LongDraw,

LongDraw

Yep, was able to order the economy stem this morning. Nice price on the stem, thought it would be more. Got my glass tip in and the rimmed baskets today, so will try that with the short stem and stock cooling unit, then one i get the economy stem just glass mouthpiece and basket. Excited to try and will report back.

LongDraw,

Hookahhead_MD

Accessory Maker
Yep, was able to order the economy stem this morning. Nice price on the stem, thought it would be more. Got my glass tip in and the rimmed baskets today, so will try that with the short stem and stock cooling unit, then one i get the economy stem just glass mouthpiece and basket. Excited to try and will report back.

Awesome, thanks for your support! I am excited to hear how you like it, and if you feel like it is a worth while upgrade over the stock cooling unit. Fortunately now that I’ve worked out the kinks, the production on these is fairly straight forward, which keeps the price down. I am hoping a bit of friendly competition lowers the cost of other stems and drives more innovation… then we all win!

Hookahhead_MD,
Reactions: LongDraw

LongDraw

So the economy stem just arrived, got pretty lucky it arriving so early.

First thoughts prior to use, right now it is drying and i'll try tonight or tomorrow.

Has a good weight to it, but def not heavy, with the glass in the middle for the cooler, somewhat similiar to the small stem with full OG cooling unit and mouth piece and basket.

The basket will fit snugly in the end with more length/space. The end with the shorter space, surpising fits the tip flush with a little room to spare before the glass daisy cooling. The mouthpiece though i think needs slightly larger orings, as it doesn't seem as snug compared to the OG stem.

Lenght is something i'll have to get use to. I have always used the short stem and or short stem with wpa. Not a big deal for me, i primraily only use at home, but it is something different. Is it possible to have one the same size as the short og glass stem? Wasn't sure if it would work with the space needed on either end, if that would leave enough glass cooling unit to be helpful.

Will def report back after i get to try it some. Really like the all one piece that can just be dropped in iso for cleaning.

EDIT: was looking back at the first page, and kind of think the rounded mouthpiece with the daisy cooling going all the way would be a nice option as well. Whether with a long or if possible short stem. Still get a better mouthpiece then the stock, which i think is a bit to large.

Last edited:

Hookahhead_MD

Accessory Maker
So the economy stem just arrived, got pretty lucky it arriving so early.

First thoughts prior to use, right now it is drying and i'll try tonight or tomorrow.

Has a good weight to it, but def not heavy, with the glass in the middle for the cooler, somewhat similiar to the small stem with full OG cooling unit and mouth piece and basket.

The basket will fit snugly in the end with more length/space. The end with the shorter space, surpising fits the tip flush with a little room to spare before the glass daisy cooling. The mouthpiece though i think needs slightly larger orings, as it doesn't seem as snug compared to the OG stem.

Lenght is something i'll have to get use to. I have always used the short stem and or short stem with wpa. Not a big deal for me, i primraily only use at home, but it is something different. Is it possible to have one the same size as the short og glass stem? Wasn't sure if it would work with the space needed on either end, if that would leave enough glass cooling unit to be helpful.

Will def report back after i get to try it some. Really like the all one piece that can just be dropped in iso for cleaning.

EDIT: was looking back at the first page, and kind of think the rounded mouthpiece with the daisy cooling going all the way would be a nice option as well. Whether with a long or if possible short stem. Still get a better mouthpiece then the stock, which i think is a bit to large.

Wow that was fast! Thanks for the detailed write up so far! You’re right that the inside diameter of these is just slightly larger than the stock unit. The stock unit is made from quartz tubing that is 16x2mm, but that size isn’t available in borosilicate. So most 3rd party stems are made with the same 16x1.8mm tubing. There is also a thicker 16x2.5mm available.. but then the basket screens don’t fit.

I just measured the stock unit, and it is 2 1/8 inches long. I could probably make a short stem like you said, but also wonder if it will allow enough cooling. I usually have some smaller pieces left over, I can piece one together and see what it looks like.

I made myself a WPA the other day. Still trying to convince my shopmate to make the switch to vaping haha. I considered whether I should add an intercooler, but figured it wasn’t necessary through the water.

p6ccb2r7bzeb1
pz1chur7bzeb1

LongDraw

@Hookahhead_MD If you make the short stem with your daisy intercooler, and a rounded mouthpiece would be happy to buy and test.

I'm not a heavy user but plan on trying the economy stem over the next few days with and without the mouthpiece.

EDIT: yeah got super lucky with the shipping on the economy stem. I didn't see them on the site so message i think wednesday, and got email back they were posted Thursday morning so ordered right away, was supposed to get here monday but luck was on my side.

Hookahhead_MD

Accessory Maker
Hey all it's been a while. I am still over here doing my thing, but still only in the shop 1 day a week on average. I have been focusing primarily on the daisy stems. Vgoodiez has sold out, and I have more that I will be shipping to them on Tuesday.

t1c4wj0hrdjb1

I did make this fun 10mm Dynavap snake and a 14mm octopus

I also remade this bent 10mm adapter because the first one had a tiny crack in the tip.
5irtzq2nsdjb1

I also made my first successful daisy lock today, and I am super excited to get it out of the kiln!

Hookahhead_MD

Accessory Maker
Hey again, it's time for our weekly update. I was in the studio both days this weekend! I started some of the Daisy locks, but unfortunately didn't finish them today. I have been really enjoying mine, the level of cooling is amazing. I noticed that the amount of debris on the top of the chamber built up fast.. I can only imagine that I am normally inhaling this. Also here's a shot of #2 being enjoyed by my shopmates father.

8lxkwdvg9jnb1
2uezl5jg9jnb1

These are 18mm Dynvap WPAs. The client asked for short joints, and my glass supplier didn't have 18mm shorties in stock. So I cut them on the saw!
8tn07h018jnb1

I'm really excited to share that I've earned enough glassblower points to unlock a new creature of the Dynaverse. Introducing, Vapor Dragons! Similar to the bb9, you can use it as a 14mm WPA or stem. So far I haven't been adding a carb to these. Let me know what you think!

x34sfyc7tgnb1
undn7zc7tgnb1

Last edited:

Hookahhead_MD

Accessory Maker
Hard to believe it's been another week already!

I forgot to post this 14mm eyeball that I made. The Iris and pupil got a little off, but overall I like the design. I'll have to make a few more before Halloween.
5dlyee29pmnb1

I got a the Daisylocks from last week finished up. I'm still working out the proportions for these. I think the chamber on these ones are too tall.
2ouhqbaofuob1.jpg
xa86sbaofuob1.jpg
2eb1mbaofuob1.jpg
svmwibaofuob1.jpg

I picked up the Vapor Dragons from last week, and made some new ones.
matwcecwguob1.jpg

I have made a few different styles of Dynavap stem, but aside from the Dragons I don't feel like they had much appeal. Now, I'm happy to share that I have a new stem design that I think looks super sharp! These are around 2.5 inches and I have been making the carb slightly off center, so that you can choose to have it closer or farther from the tip. Please feel free to comment with any feedback!

a9cafl41exob1
8deeqq51exob1
a1rbkp51exob1
uqhcyb61exob1

Last edited:

popitup

Awesome work, love the simplicity of the daisylocks and the dragon is very cute!

Are both these going up on your Etsy shop?

popitup,

Hookahhead_MD

Accessory Maker
Awesome work, love the simplicity of the daisylocks and the dragon is very cute!

Are both these going up on your Etsy shop?

Thanks! I always have the best intentions of getting stuff listed on Etsy, but I am bad with the follow through. A lot of the pieces I sell via custom invoices. If Etsy is your preferred payment platform, feel free to reach out to me there and I can show you which pieces are currently available. I am also happy to make something for you if I don't have it on hand.

Hookahhead_MD,
Reactions: popitup

Hookahhead_MD

Accessory Maker
Hey all, I missed last week so it's been a while since I updated. I got a few days in the studio this weekend though to get some stuff made. As always thanks for looking, and please feel free to comment!

Heres some Dynavap stuff that I made last week.
jcn8qkpmo2tb1
l8nf2m4lo2tb1

This weekend I got a big batch of my Daisy stems made to restock on vgoodiez!
k5v3vt9lo2tb1

I also made a Daisylock for popitup :)
qq13jgz9p2tb1
glfboqx9p2tb1

Of course, I like to add new things when I can, so I started making some "Heady" Daisy stems. Still working out the shape and proportions a bit. The opening for the mouth piece is 8mm so functions as a Dynavap stem as well. The videos were taken before I welded in the intercooler.

36isasq8f2tb1

Hookahhead_MD

Accessory Maker
Top Bottom