• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Home Vaporizer by Element

VagVapez

He named it accurately but as you say, it's almost a generic descriptor. Hence the whimsy. I sorta love how 22 years in nobody's really certain, and it accepts many names! But now I will also think, “Élément de René”! It does sound a little risqué, but we're among friends.
Dammit I'd already named mine Bob. 😉

I'm sure Wunderlampe was used by a German colleague of mine to describe the genie in the bottle / Alladin's lamp scenario which would just suit it so well.
Vapour pouring from it and granting your wishes using 3 settings.
Sorry, I'll get my coat ....

coolbreeze

Dammit I'd already named mine Bob. 😉

I'm sure Wunderlampe was used by a German colleague of mine to describe the genie in the bottle / Alladin's lamp scenario which would just suit it so well.
Vapour pouring from it and granting your wishes using 3 settings.
Sorry, I'll get my coat ....
Exactly! in a moment of clarity, I realized I had just purchased a lamp...

and then I thought, well, it's not just a lamp, it's sort of a magic lamp, and then I went to translate it for a friend and learned that Germans have their own term for Aladdin's Magic Lamp, Die Wunderlampe, which you have to admit sounds better than "die magische lampe" or just about anything, really. Well, except for maybe "Bob, die Wunderlampe."

VagVapez

Exactly! in a moment of clarity, I realized I had just purchased a lamp...

and then I thought, well, it's not just a lamp, it's sort of a magic lamp, and then I went to translate it for a friend and learned that Germans have their own term for Aladdin's Magic Lamp, Die Wunderlampe, which you have to admit sounds better than "die magische lampe" or just about anything, really. Well, except for maybe "Bob, die Wunderlampe."
LOL - Brilliant !
No matter what this ends up being called once it (hopefully) returns to the market mine will always be Bob the Wunderlampe.
Capable of levelling a building in one massive bowl.

Die_Toffifee

Bu-Tane Clan
Even though "Wunderlampe" hits the nail pretty much on the head and it's a lovely name, I still prefer "Tischmodell". To me it sounds not just plain and simple but also neutral and very cool. And as Rene said, it's probably from a time where there weren't that many desktop vapes around to compete with, neither performance wise nor for fancy names.

Last edited:

coolbreeze

Bob the Wunderlampe.
Capable of levelling a building in one massive bowl.
the incredibles madonna GIF

Even though "Wunderlampe" hits the nail pretty much on the head and it's a lovely name, I still prefer "Tischmodell". To me it's sounds not just plain and simple but also neutral and very cool. And as Rene said, it's probably from a time where there weren't that many desktop vapes around to compete with, neither performance wise nor for fancy names.
That's what I figured, as well. I think people imagined a world where your vape would sit on the coffee table, lovingly shared by friend and family, when in reality we're all sitting in front of our screens getting stoned and playing games, hence 'desktop.' To be fair, even that's a bit of a misnomer since most people who have a 'desktop' or two often have something more like a workbench or something holding a whole bunch of stuff, dedicated to that purpose.

Sitting on what can technically and generically be considered...tables. Damn! he was way ahead of us!

also neutral and very cool
Yeah, which is suggestive of the restrained style of the object's design, too. Cool, yes, but also warm! It's magic!

Last edited:

coolbreeze

Ok, I'm trying an experiment based on the Starlight chamber. That chamber mounts a screen in the neck to reduce the size of the load and concentrate the heat, while covering with another screen to tame blowback.
starlight-kit-myvapelab-chambre-a-herbes-superieure-pour-aromed-.jpg

I haven't had that as an issue, but I wanted to try a setup for smaller loads. I have not been anywhere near as successful mounting a screen, so finally I just shoved a ball-screen in there and called it good enough for science.
IMG-1809.jpg

It worked fairly well, but it was set to level 3 the whole time and it wasn't particularly cloudy. Nevertheless, it roasted the herbs more-or-less completely:
IMG-1812.jpg

I think the starlight must also be a 'recreation'-depth bowl because the heater looks much closer to the bottom of the chamber than mine does.
starlight-kit-compartiment-a-herbes-pour-vaporisateur-aromed-en-demonstration.jpg

Conclusion: it's doable but maybe the short chamber setup makes it more worthwhile.

Last edited:

Gourmet

I saw one around 6 months ago on a buy / sell / forum from Switzerland but the seller never responded.
Can it be that it was on ricardo? ;)
I got a short, terse answer that the Vapo was no longer available.

it wasn't particularly cloudy. Nevertheless, it roasted the herbs more-or-less completely:
To get more vapor, you can squeeze the hose a little so that the air speed is reduced. Allowing to heat up for a longer time (1-2 Min.) beforehand without drawing also helps.

My AVB looks like this:

You could certainly vaporize even a.l.b. more , but I do not like it when there is too much vapor.

Die Wunderlampe,
If I let my imagination run wild, I can also imagine as accessories a veneer attachment / easy removable lampshade that you remove for vaporizing.

Thus, the lamp stands completely harmless and highly decorative next to the cozy wing chair, until it comes to the chilling herbal use. :D
Perhaps something like this?

coolbreeze

Can it be that it was on ricardo? ;)
I got a short, terse answer that the Vapo was no longer available.

To get more vapor, you can squeeze the hose a little so that the air speed is reduced. Allowing to heat up for a longer time (1-2 Min.) beforehand without drawing also helps.

My AVB looks like this:

You could certainly vaporize even a.l.b. more , but I do not like it when there is too much vapor.

If I let my imagination run wild, I can also imagine as accessories a veneer attachment / easy removable lampshade that you remove for vaporizing.

Thus, the lamp stands completely harmless and highly decorative next to the cozy wing chair, until it comes to the chilling herbal use. :D
Perhaps something like this?

The shades are a really cool idea! The ones you've chosen are especially nice.

Also you'd be the most specific accessory maker on FC! "So, what do you make? Logs? Injectors?" "er...lampshades." "...." "...."

coolbreeze

The passthrough lets you clear the can at the cost of more restriction in this scientific experiment. I think ideally I'd want a chamber with a passthrough in the neck and a joint instead of a downstem. You could skip at least a dropdown here and place the chamber at the right height.
IMG-1837.jpg

coolbreeze

Heads up. Just caught a reel on insta from the Vapman guys. They are interviewing Rene as he sits with the {your name here} discussing its merits !!!
Not found how to insert pictures here but seems to be part of a larger interview that they're filming :D
A bit of unexpected momentum here worth capitalizing on, at least rhetorically. I can attest that despite the age of the design, it's truly superb. Hope their plans for it reach fruition!

Last edited:

VagVapez

A bit of unexpected momentum here worth capitalizing on, at least rhetorically. I can attest that despite the age of the design, it's truly superb. Hope their plans for it reach fruition!
I cheekily asked Rene as a PS to an email and he said they filmed a few segments but could not divulge any details at this stage.
This, of course, reactivated my bloody VAS :rolleyes::doh:
Still waiting for Bob's arrival.
He's in the country being held for payment of Customs charges (which I was expecting).
Problem is that nobody can tell me the amount to pay and the whole system seems to rely on someone sending me a snail mail that has a reference # to use for online payment.
I could literally drive for about 40mins to where he is. Just hoping I can get this sorted for my flake-out Friday :D

coolbreeze

I cheekily asked Rene as a PS to an email and he said they filmed a few segments but could not divulge any details at this stage.
This, of course, reactivated my bloody VAS :rolleyes::doh:
Still waiting for Bob's arrival.
He's in the country being held for payment of Customs charges (which I was expecting).
Problem is that nobody can tell me the amount to pay and the whole system seems to rely on someone sending me a snail mail that has a reference # to use for online payment.
I could literally drive for about 40mins to where he is. Just hoping I can get this sorted for my flake-out Friday :D
Dang! Next time try importing it as "your uncle." It'll get there straight away.

coolbreeze,
  • Haha
Reactions: VagVapez

VagVapez

Dang! Next time try importing it as "your uncle." It'll get there straight away.
Hahaha - took a bleary wtf moment but I got you :)
No point in getting pissed off about it. Followed exactly the same procedure many times before and the notification letter normally drops within a day or so.
Bob cleared customs a week ago hence me looking for a way to pay the duty. No matter what/who I've tried or spoken to it seems I cannot pay without someone physically dropping some dead plant matter with stuff printed on it so I can read a reference number and type it into the payment portal. Doesn't help that our posties are striking at the moment too.
Gave up for the day after asking the lovely lady in the local delivery office why they couldn't look it up on one of those computer devices I've heard about and that it was an expensive medical device critical to my ongoing treatment 😅
Made ZERO difference to Bob's predicament but I felt much better.

coolbreeze

Hahaha - took a bleary wtf moment but I got you :)
No point in getting pissed off about it. Followed exactly the same procedure many times before and the notification letter normally drops within a day or so.
Bob cleared customs a week ago hence me looking for a way to pay the duty. No matter what/who I've tried or spoken to it seems I cannot pay without someone physically dropping some dead plant matter with stuff printed on it so I can read a reference number and type it into the payment portal. Doesn't help that our posties are striking at the moment too.
Gave up for the day after asking the lovely lady in the local delivery office why they couldn't look it up on one of those computer devices I've heard about and that it was an expensive medical device critical to my ongoing treatment 😅
Made ZERO difference to Bob's predicament but I felt much better.
Well, hopefully you'll resolve it quick. It will surely be worth it in the end, but let's hope it won't take quite that long!

coolbreeze

I ordered/recieved this after-market chamber --The Starlight--and it is perfect for my large vapor bong. It's got an 18mm ground glass joint and no downstem, so it fits my dropdown and heater perfectly. The chamber itself is very short, like a recreation chamber or shorter, but the herbs are dropped into the neck on a nice glass-pinch and screen setup. Smaller loads, concentrated heat, native fit, it's great gear:

IMG-1921.jpg

IMG-1917.jpg

IMG-1923.jpg

VagVapez

I ordered/recieved this after-market chamber --The Starlight--and it is perfect for my large vapor bong. It's got an 18mm ground glass joint and no downstem, so it fits my dropdown and heater perfectly. The chamber itself is very short, like a recreation chamber or shorter, but the herbs are dropped into the neck on a nice glass-pinch and screen setup. Smaller loads, concentrated heat, native fit, it's great gear:

IMG-1921.jpg

IMG-1917.jpg

IMG-1923.jpg
@coolbreeze is that a goo roo whip and mouthpiece?
Nearly pulled the trigger on one with Vgoodiez but trying desperately to not buy addons until I test run it stock first.
You're a cock tease sir ;)
How I long for the day when I can parade my unavailable exclusive toy to the annoyance of others 🤣😈
Hugs n Nugs 🤗

coolbreeze

@coolbreeze is that a goo roo whip and mouthpiece?
Nearly pulled the trigger on one with Vgoodiez but trying desperately to not buy addons until I test run it stock first.
You're a cock tease sir ;)
How I long for the day when I can parade my unavailable exclusive toy to the annoyance of others 🤣😈
Hugs n Nugs 🤗
Yeah, it adds some restriction, like Gourmet's tube-pinch technique. Otherwise that's just a wide open 18mm vapor path. The dropdowns add a bit of restriction as well. I would say the hose is not absolutely essential,, and I wouldn't even say that the airpath is too open, but I do feel like the results with it were better in this setup.

Anyhow, I hope yours will come soon. It must be on the same slow boat my stuff is on!

coolbreeze

Way too early for the Wunderlampe, but I had to finally try this MFBottle Rocket I've had for months. I got it to throw into our outdoor/camping/vacation bag, never got around to trying it; today's the day. Why not try this nutty little waterpipe in the most ridiculous way? Upshot: it works like a charm! Adds some restriction for fuller hits, nice and cool and hydrated. Can heartily recommend!
IMG-1956.jpg

Top Bottom