Home-Made Water Pieces.

Frederick McGuire

Aggressively Loungey
HI Everybody! (Hi Dr. Nick :lol:)
Even though its not necessarily about glass per se, I was wondering if there'd be any interest in discussion about home-made water pieces?

Yesterday I crafted a new bong for my combusting friends out of a few soda bottles, and I feel it turned out pretty well. (I know plastic bottles aren't the best thing to be using, but thats what they've used for making bongs for ages, and I had a few lying around)

Anyway, basically what I did, was get a 300mL water bottle & punched a butt-load of holes in it (111 of 'em to be precise :cool:).
Then I chopped a 1.25L in half, and put the smaller bottle inside it.
I got 3-4 inches of garden hose, cut a small hole in each of the 2 bottles, and pushed the hose through.
Hot-glue everything so that its 1 piece & airtight and voila, home-made bong :)
All up it took me about 1.5-2 hours to make it (that includes a junked first-run prototype)

Here are some pics:

EDIT: I just realized I didn't re-size all the pics when I uploaded them...
enjoy the huge pics :lol:

quentin123

That's cool man, I always wanted to make a cool piece but never really got much better than a glass bottle with a bowl in the neck turned into a bucket bong.

How well did it diffuse?

quentin123,

Frederick McGuire

Aggressively Loungey
Quite well actually :)
There was very little drag to it, and the top of the internal bottle seems to act as a bit of a splash-guard :lol:
I shot a vid of a quick water test, but I haven't posted it yet since no-one seemed interested :ugh:

Ill post it up for you soon ;)

Frederick McGuire,

Puffers

Micro-Climate Mastermind
I had been wanting to buy a bong for a while but haven't had the money for a decent one so the other week I made one out of a plastic 12 oz bottle drilled about a half inch hole for my stem a gutted sharpie that I cut the tips off to open up airflow and then sealed it in the bottle with this putty tape called Quick Seal it retains it's moldable quality for a long time I guess (1 week + so far) it's waterproof and doesn't stick to your fingers or silicone (whip) handy stuff for projects like these. The sharpie has ridges on the bottom of my stem which may aid in diffusion. My SSV whip hooks right to the the sharpie perfect fit, and it does it's job well enough. I wish I would have made one months ago. Vapor through ice cold water after work is pure bliss.

On a side note Fred you got hella glass and u still make stuff like this that's cool man. Which is your favorite piece of glass though?

Puffers,

Frederick McGuire

Aggressively Loungey
:D
Its kinda like craft time :lol:
I used to make em all the time, but I basically stopped when I started buying "proper" glass.

I know some people don't have any budget for glass, and that one only cost me about 10c worth of hot glue...

Blu-Tack also works really well for sealing the joins and making them air-tight.

Its hard to pick a absolute favourite, but my mobius matrix bubbler is pretty high up there.

Frederick McGuire,
Top Bottom