Higher Cost Vaporizers Are They Worth It?

MGG

I think there is definitely an advantage to higher end vaporizers but at the same time I have mad respect for Arizers products, they put out heaps affordable vaporizers that function really well for their price point.
At the same time though there's a lot of cheaper vaporizers out there that will simply put you OFF vaporizing, and I see people who have tried some cheapo bullshit vaporizer and think vaporizing is not the future, I struggle to find reason to go back to smoking asides for nostalgia, my mighty gets me higher and tastes better and is healthier, like whats not to love? Using the Sublimator though made me realize how obsolete smoking really is, to the point that I actually consider smoking to be a waste of herb. Like I don't care if the sublimator is bullshit marketing, 0.1g in that thing gets me higher than smoking a full joint.

Last edited:

Hippie Dickie

The Herbal Cube
Manufacturer
considering the cost of the herb, the vape is free regardless of cost - but only if it does the big four: all glass, accurate temperature control, digital temperature display, and battery powered.

but then there's simplicity, convenience, reliability, safety, fast recharge (like 45 minutes from dead, i.e. 2 minutes of run for 1 minute of charge) - that takes a lot of overhead beyond the cost of the parts in the case.

maybe that's just me ... my perspective shifted on a lot of things once i crossed 65. although, now that i think about it, one of my core principles that i got from my dad - good tools are worth the price.

plus, it's all placebo.

Alan Partridge

Smell my cheese
Mighty was a bargain. I quit smoking altogether straight after buying one, it simulates that smoking experience better than any other vape I've tried. It's not much more than other portables, this is £230, firefly is £200? MiniVap £350ish? Is the price really so outrageous?

I've spent about a grand in just 8 months of vaping, I do not regret spending one penny. I've started running and exercising, I feel infinitely better than I did a year ago, and I love having different vapes to rotate.

At the end of the day, if money really is a concern, a Titan 2 will do the job. You could argue any vape costing more than that is a waste of money.

VapourHaze

Rexcornish on IG, Vaping since '02
The Mighty (for example) is expensive ... however it is also a very good vape. It is all subjective.

Supply and demand

VapourHaze,

Dank Sinatra

Between the Sublimator, Evo, Herbalizer, and Volcano, which do you guys think is the best high end vape. I know some are different in function (bag vs direct draw) , but which would YOU prefer?

Dank Sinatra,

ginolicious

Spending over $300 for a vaporizer is not my cup of tea. I rather buy something else then pay $600+.

I love my Vapir rise. It gets me high really quickly and efficiently. Well worth the $250 I paid.

All I need is a portable to cure the portability issue my rise cannot cure. But even at that I'm looking at something in the $150-$200 range like Arizer oppose to a crafty or mighty. Just can't justify the price because I want one desktop and one potable.

howie105

Its all up to the individual to make the call, every one has a different set of resources so higher cost for some is not the same for others. Then there is the performance issue, if your mind and body feel right with a $600.00 vape through an $1100.00 piece of glass then it is good. In my case I like to tinker so getting something to preform the way I want makes me happy and I give myself bonus points for getting it done on the cheap and yes friends I am cheap.

stickstones

Vapor concierge
Between the Sublimator, Evo, Herbalizer, and Volcano, which do you guys think is the best high end vape. I know some are different in function (bag vs direct draw) , but which would YOU prefer?

Those are all completely different. If I was starting out, I would grab Herbie out of those.

The topic of effectiveness with the herbs doesn't really apply here, since most vapes will get you to the same place if you use them as intended. The high priced vapes are there to meet a particular need or want that isn't available at a lower price, if at all. I can find a unique characteristic to many of the high priced vapes that appeals to people that they can't really get elsewhere. For instance, if you value taste and portability most, the MV is a good recommendation. But if you want instant and accurate temp control, the obvious choice is Herbie (not sure about the waiting lists reported here...I don't have one). If you want crazy good taste with a cold rip from a bong, the VripTech Heat Wand is the answer. But if you want that bong experience to be easier and you want to be able to really huff on it, get the Evo (this one also does herbs and concentrates exceptionally well, so I think it is the best dual purpose vape available). If you are a big time dabber and don't want all the burn risks usually associated with it, then one of these VaporBrothers units handles that for you. Is it worth $1,200 to not get a burn once in a while? Maybe not, but it would be worth it if is saves you from starting a fire.

Those are just a few quick examples. But value is as subjective as taste. I wouldn't argue the validity of a unit's cost any more than I would argue which one tastes better...that is totally personal preference. But I can tell you why they are expensive and what you will be paying for.

I also like finding the cheap gems in the bunch. At one point my signature had a list of my favorite vapes (all expensive, btw) and what I thought were the correlating cheap vapes that came closest in performance or features. I can get punched in the face just as hard by a butane vape costing less than $150 as I can by my $700 vapes.

By the way, some of my favorite cheap vapes that far outperform their prices include the Vapoluton2.0, TriiHouse vapes, Lotus, Solo, Q, Glass Vapor Genie, Herbalaire, LSV, and the soon to be released Zion.

Mod note: Edited to comply with the commercial rules.

Last edited by a moderator:

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
I think it's in the eye of the beholder. Some folks might think that 500 or $600 is a mid priced vaporizer. They would still be considered high end IMO. Does higher cost equal better quality plus deliver the meds and taste .

I've heard folks rave about the ssv, it's relatively cheap cost wise, I don't mean cheaply built. I don't know how well it works because I don't own one.

Last edited:
CarolKing,
Reactions: Derrrpp

Dank Sinatra

Those are all completely different. If I was starting out, I would grab Herbie out of those.

The topic of effectiveness with the herbs doesn't really apply here, since most vapes will get you to the same place if you use them as intended. The high priced vapes are there to meet a particular need or want that isn't available at a lower price, if at all. I can find a unique characteristic to many of the high priced vapes that appeals to people that they can't really get elsewhere. For instance, if you value taste and portability most, the MV is a good recommendation. But if you want instant and accurate temp control, the obvious choice is Herbie (not sure about the waiting lists reported here...I don't have one). If you want crazy good taste with a cold rip from a bong, the VripTech Heat Wand is the answer. But if you want that bong experience to be easier and you want to be able to really huff on it, get the Evo (this one also does herbs and concentrates exceptionally well, so I think it is the best dual purpose vape available). If you are a big time dabber and don't want all the burn risks usually associated with it, then one of these VaporBrothers units handles that for you. Is it worth $1,200 to not get a burn once in a while? Maybe not, but it would be worth it if is saves you from starting a fire.

Those are just a few quick examples. But value is as subjective as taste. I wouldn't argue the validity of a unit's cost any more than I would argue which one tastes better...that is totally personal preference. But I can tell you why they are expensive and what you will be paying for.

I also like finding the cheap gems in the bunch. At one point my signature had a list of my favorite vapes (all expensive, btw) and what I thought were the correlating cheap vapes that came closest in performance or features. I can get punched in the face just as hard by a butane vape costing less than $150 as I can by my $700 vapes.

By the way, some of my favorite cheap vapes that far outperform their prices include the Vapoluton2.0, TriiHouse vapes, Lotus, Solo, Q, Glass Vapor Genie, Herbalaire, LSV, and the soon to be released Zion.
Thanks, exactly what I was looking for:) also, my next vape purchase will definitely be either an LSV or the Lotus, probably the LSV being that I dont own a plug-in yet.

Dank Sinatra

All I need is a portable to cure the portability issue my rise cannot cure. But even at that I'm looking at something in the $150-$200 range like Arizer oppose to a crafty or mighty. Just can't justify the price because I want one desktop and one potable.
I realllllllllllly recommend the Arizer Air. I havent even thought of combusting since I got it, the vapor is so satisfying.

@Dank Sinatra
Check out Errlectric dry herb nail do flowers & Dabb at the same time.
Never used a sub probably comparable to that. Imo
Havent heard of the Errlectric until now, but yeah it looks similar to the Sublimator to me! I dont really dab that much so I think that and the Sub would be unneccesary for me. I wish I could try all these high-end vapes so I could see their performance! D:

Dank Sinatra,

ginolicious

I realllllllllllly recommend the Arizer Air. I havent even thought of combusting since I got it, the vapor is so satisfying.

Tried the Air. Not a huge fan of it. I'm thinking maybe a solo will be better. I do not like the fact that the air feels a lot of restriction and you need to pull hard.

ginolicious,
Reactions: flotntoke

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
But value is as subjective as taste. I wouldn't argue the validity of a unit's cost any more than I would argue which one tastes better...
Well said. Many think that price and value are the same, or fail to distinguish between the two, and often think they are discussing the former when actually its the latter. Price is just a number, value is relative.

As far as the Lexus/Toyota Honda/Acura analogies go, I spent a lifetime in the car business and worked for all of those companies, Lexus for over a decade, and others as dealer principal as they were family owned. I can tell you why a Lexus is different than a Toyota, they are not even made from the same materials and technologies. Vibration dampening steel is just one example. Honda/Acura on the other hand are closer in my experience/opinion. I also see people saying that German engineering is great and that MBZ is an example. Having worked for them and with my family owning their products for years, I can tell you they break a lot and are in the shop a lot compared to Lexus. Quality will vary by company not by country in this day and age, however, as a general rule of thumb, European cars cost more to purchase, don't hold their value as well, and are more costly to maintain and spend more time in the shop.

Some may think the S&B Crafty and Mighty are overpriced but these are usually the same people who have never tried them and think that by reading a thread here they can make a value judgment. Well, after having used both for quite some time now I can honestly say that they are awesome vapes. Great vapor quality and strong effects that go beyond new vape "honeymoon" or new vape signature. Were there growing pains, sure. Did S&B take care of me? Yes, very well in fact. There is no way you can know failure rate or imply that a vape breaks a lot from just reading here. Forums are lightning rods for complaints and we have no idea how many units are in the wild.

We had a saying in the car biz: "There is an ass for every seat" and its the same with vapes. Everyone is different. People have different needs and varying means (ability to purchase) so as with all things in life, YMMV. This is why @stickstones approach is so refreshing. He actually takes the time to knowledgeably consult with you and figure out what your needs are rather than just trying to sell you something. That is rare these days.

Last edited:

MGG

I'd say it comes down to what YOU want from a vaporizer?

this is a really basic way of putting it

herbalizer : accurate temp control + super fast heat up
volcano : pretty much redundant now at its pricepoint,
people only buy it because they've been told 'it's the best',
whilst that might of been true many years ago it definitely
isn't now and you're far better off getting a mighty imo,
the only justification for a volcano is if you have breathing
difficulties, then bags will make it very easy, but that's
really the only justification in my mind.
evo: best flavour imo + ability to use with waterpipes + easy
to handle with little risk of burn
sublimator : most powerful fattest vapor fits +
can do double deckers (though may look intimidating
and be less easy to handle)

I'm still a strong believer that the sublimator is the best vaporizer
i've ever used as it's closest to the smoking experience without all the negatives, It is legitimately a beast, no matter what you throw at it it will not stop, I've seen people do 5 gram dabs off the thing.

sadf

Tried the Air. Not a huge fan of it. I'm thinking maybe a solo will be better. I do not like the fact that the air feels a lot of restriction and you need to pull hard.

The Air uses the same heating element, stainless steel chamber, and glass parts as the Solo, so if you don't like the Air you won't like the Solo. The only significant differences between the two are size and batteries: Air has swappable batteries but only one in the unit at a time, the Solo has better battery life if you aren't considering swapping.

mitchgo61

I go where the thrills are
Some may think the S&B Crafty and Mighty are overpriced but these are usually the same people who have never tried them and think that by reading a thread here they can make a value judgment.

This right here. Of course, that door swings both ways...people who praise the shit out of a vape they haven't tried (and maybe hasn't even shipped yet...no names...:lol:) are making the same kind of value judgment error. Some things you just have to try in order to understand them.

We had a saying in the car biz: "There is an ass for every seat" and its the same with vapes.

I've always heard this attributed to Louis B. Mayer, in reference to the movie biz. Still true today. :nod:

flotntoke

thoroughly vaped
I hear you both, loud and clear. :) Still haven't tried one (tho I'm on the lookout) and still sticking with my cheaper vapes. I've been pretty happy with most of them and have managed to stay below $200. One of the plus sides of this is that I have a bit more in pocket to load a vape! Named strains in these parts are pretty rare, and expensive when you can find them. Luck has been in my favor lately, and would much rather splurge there.

There are definitely some good ones being mentioned here (Mighty included), but surprised no one else has mentioned the VapMan when talking about cheaper options. Sure you have to deal with the butane torch (which isn't very discrete when out and about), but it is very efficient IME and delivers phenomenal taste once you get the hang of it. I've even been using it for a taste tester lately. Still use my solo on occasion when the situation dictates, but if I could have only one of my portables I'd go with the VM.

VapourHaze

I hear you both, loud and clear. :) Still haven't tried one (tho I'm on the lookout) and still sticking with my cheaper vapes. I've been pretty happy with most of them and have managed to stay below $200. One of the plus sides of this is that I have a bit more in pocket to load a vape! Named strains in these parts are pretty rare, and expensive when you can find them. Luck has been in my favor lately, and would much rather splurge there.

There are definitely some good ones being mentioned here (Mighty included), but surprised no one else has mentioned the VapMan when talking about cheaper options. Sure you have to deal with the butane torch (which isn't very discrete when out and about), but it is very efficient IME and delivers phenomenal taste once you get the hang of it. I've even been using it for a taste tester lately. Still use my solo on occasion when the situation dictates, but if I could have only one of my portables I'd go with the VM.

+1 ... vapman is great. In 10 years time, I think the only current portables still being used will be the butane powered ones.

Dank Sinatra

@VapourHaze and @flotntoke

I was considering the Vapman, but the way you heat it looks strange to me. I think I'd prefer something like the Lotus, with a pipe-like form factor. Does the VM hit as hard as the Lotus?

(on a sidenote): I've learned so much about vapes since joining FC. You guys are awesome!

VapourHaze

I was considering the Vapman, but the way you heat it looks strange to me. I think I'd prefer something like the Lotus, with a pipe-like form factor. Does the VM hit as hard as the Lotus?

(on a sidenote): I've learned so much about vapes since joining FC. You guys are awesome!

Hey, i havnt used a lotus so i can't compare ... pop over to the vapman thread im sure someone can compare the two.

However i will say the vapman hits hard for its very modest load size. An average load is 0.05 and that will get me way more lifted than 0.05 would in the mighty or ssv. It is definitely a unique vape .. the way you heat is actually very intuative ... just pre heat the bowl and puff. It does take a little while to dial in, and defo helps to have prior vaping experience.

I cant recommend one enough ... its a beautifully designed and built vape with a modest price tag.

stickstones

Vapor concierge

let's summon @KidFated. for this question...

Top Bottom