Higher Cost Vaporizers Are They Worth It?

flotntoke

thoroughly vaped
@VapourHaze and @flotntoke

I was considering the Vapman, but the way you heat it looks strange to me. I think I'd prefer something like the Lotus, with a pipe-like form factor. Does the VM hit as hard as the Lotus?

(on a sidenote): I've learned so much about vapes since joining FC. You guys are awesome!

Yeah... check out the VapMan thread. There's a lot of info there.

Have only tried a Lotus once, and with any vapes you have to put a torch to there is bound to be a learning curve. So, hard to say for certain. From what I've seen of vids and read here, the VapMam will hit as hard. But as @VapourHaze alluded to, it doesn't hold very much at a time. I could see where this might be a limiting factor if you have REALLY large, capable lungs, but it isn't for me.

One major difference between the two (that made me lean to the VM) is that you don't hit while heating with the VM. With Lotus, looks like most people do for at least part of hitting it.

I'll also add this since we're in this thread..... the VM is VERY inexpensive and even comes with its own lighter. It is one of the reasons I personally don't think more expensive vapes are worth the money unless they do something special you are looking for that others don't. For about $100 (maybe less if you shop) you can get a very versatile and effective vape.

KidFated.

Unknown Member
Hell yeah the vapman hits hard! After some practice you can get AMAZING low temp taste (turns quickly) or vapor that feels like your hitting a joint. Amazing little beast the vapman is. I would say if you loaded equal parts into vapman/lotus, vapman would get you further. Lotus is a great vape as well, but the torching while hitting doesn't work well outside for me. Much easier to torch then hit with the vapman. Vapman hooked up to water tools is fun as well!

SavedByTheVape

Hey everyone, long time lurker, first time poster. I thought I would share my story with you guys that are evaluating what vaporizer to get. I was hit by a car while riding my roadbike in 2010, leaving me with herniated discs in my spine, massive nerve impingement throughout my body, and vaporizing herbs has been crucial in my pain relief and recovery. I've literally bounced from vape-to-vape (pax, mflb, SSV, da buddha, volcano, and many more) struggling to find medicinal satisfaction and true value/performance/quality that justified the high prices by delivering awesome vapor experiences that were better than taking bong rips.

About six months ago my buddy introduced me to his vapexhale EVO and let’s just say that I was skeptical to say the least that his new vaporizer could perform as well as he described. I had zero faith that it could even attempt to put my beloved e-nail to shame. He gave me a walk through explaining how the heat process worked, the device’s ability to rapidly transition between dried herbs and concentrate dabs, and the all glass air path that both preserves flavor and provides super-clean airflow. Then he proceeded to blow my freaking mind!! Two flower bowls and one dab later (which is very low consumption for me being that I have a frighteningly high tolerance) and I was more medicated within 10mins than I had ever been since I was first introduced to the numinous power of ganja many years in the past.

Needless to say, this was the most profound vapor experience of my life and it was all done with about half of the herbal material that I would normally use. My buddy, being the classic MIT engineering type, had a wonderful technical explanation of why the EVO is so efficient but the bottom line was that I would be able to achieve more than twice the medicated effect with less than half of the herbal materials that I would generally consume through other vapor methods or dreaded-combustion. I was sold.

One week later my vapexhale honeycomb hydratube setup arrived in the mail, my life has been forever changed, my herbal palate has grown to be much more vibrant and discerning, and at the rate that I medicate (multiple times throughout the day - with heavy usage at night to help with inflammation and insomnia from my spinal trauma) the unit not only paid for itself outright in less than two months but has saved me hundreds upon HUNDREDS of dollars while getting me more high than my wildest irie dreams.

Occasionally I will use other vaporizers with friends or even combust but every time it results in nasty charred flavor and that dreaded "pax-popcorny-taste" (which I thought was what all vapor was supposed to taste like) that I now despise. The EVO has completely redefined how I medicate. I've never been able to get more high with less material, I've never had another device that preserved and uplifted the natural organic flavors and effects of herbs like the EVO, and my lungs/airways have NEVER felt more healthy/unrestricted.

In the past, waterpipes were my go-to delivery systems for snaps and dabs. On top of everything else, with the waterpipe aspect of vapexhale’s EVO there is no other vaporizer I would rather use. Also, with its glass-on-glass connectivity it was ready to use right out of the box with my entire glass collection. If you own rigs, just get an adapter kit and it'll hook up to that too.

So was my high priced hot-air vaporizer/dabrig worth all that bloody moolah? HECK THE FRICK YES!! Imo it is hands down the most efficient and effective delivery system for dried herbs and concentrate dabs in the world; if you medicate on a daily basis, this device will easily save you thousands of dollars in the long run while, in my opinion, providing the best herbal flavor, healthiest vapor, and most efficiently potent extraction possible. I absolutely believe that you can get a quality vaporizer for under $300 but I look at this as an investment in my health and as someone who loves both flowers and concentrates, having one device that is perfect for both and so flexible with all my glass pieces, it was a no brainer for me once I tried it.

uhranium

I think if you spend the same amount of money on weed by combusting, you can also afford a higher priced vape. The price point is negilible unless you need a new vape every year.

If you already save money by using a small priced vape, you might be turned off by the higher price vapes since you might not save money with that investition.

I started vaping with a 15$ glassbulb-type and was turned off for years when I got a volcano classic in 2006. Because at that point I was sure, that was the price to pay got some satisfying vaporizing experiences. And it was worth it imho. maybe If i'd bougt a cheaper vaporizer at that point I might have been turned off by vaping once again.

flotntoke

thoroughly vaped
I think it depends on what you are looking for.

Like with a lot of things in life I have come around to thinking that "Quality is remembered long after the price is forgotten."

I agree, but who said you have to pay more for better quality? Not always the case, and unfortunately sometimes it is opposite. Plenty of stuff with low quality and high price.

sundaddy

I would have to say where vapor quality meets price point, It's hard to beat Arizers products. I would love try one of those Cloud Evo's though!

stickstones

Vapor concierge
What your best "bang for buck" Vape?

From one page back...

By the way, some of my favorite cheap vapes that far outperform their prices include the Vapoluton2.0, TriiHouse vapes, Lotus, Solo, Q, Glass Vapor Genie, Herbalaire, LSV, and the soon to be released Zion.

Any 7th floor product would qualify, not just the LSV.

SavedByTheVape

Vapman is cool but it seems way too easy to overheat or extract too much and burn materials. I'm also not a huge fan of using torch lighters with vaporizers and the concentrates sieve looks like it would get super messy with one usage. Definitely a vaporizer that has a learning curve, needs practice, and not quite so user friendly.

You should all try the EVO, there's just something miraculously special about having delicious dabs with hot air, and it's so easy to use that my grandma can use it.

little maggie

Vapman is cool but it seems way too easy to overheat or extract too much and burn materials. I'm also not a huge fan of using torch lighters with vaporizers and the concentrates sieve looks like it would get super messy with one usage. Definitely a vaporizer that has a learning curve, needs practice, and not quite so user friendly.

You should all try the EVO, there's just something miraculously special about having delicious dabs with hot air, and it's so easy to use that my grandma can use it.
I haven't tried it but I doubt that for it's price it's that much better than a UD or e-nano.

mixchu69

Regarding the vapman, I would say quite the opposite. I think a lot of ppl used too little heat and now are not shy with the heat, getting better results. The concentrate screens are the opposite. They come out looking new after using some bho. I actually dab with my vapman when I get sick of my email. Fast and no vapor trails.

Regarding Evo, I'm purchasing one from stickstones soon. Best deal I've seen. Can't wait to see what the hype is about. I'm not sure it's going to beat my herbalizer or minivap Teflon core, but my curiosity got me.

VapourHaze

Rexcornish on IG, Vaping since '02

Vapman is the tits! And its one of the best vapes for concentrates ... You gotta try one ... itll grow on you. Im sure the evo is great but it costs £350 over here. I just can't justify that price tag for me.

kimura

I was an early bird IGG backer on the EVO. It is a fine device but it was retired by my miniVAPs.

I also love the vapman. current rotation is miniVAP + vapman.

go figure. I see both sides of the coin

if your budget isn't big, all you need is vapman + daisy. I'm not sure that combo is lacking anything at all and will easily put many pricier options to shame.

Top Bottom