High potency edibles

shredder

That’s why concentrates are great!

Your idea sounds good to me, your math seems right too. 1000mg / 30mL = 33.3 x .60% THC = 20 mg / mL ! 😎

You can also dropper that on store bought gummies for a simple edible.

That works out to 1 mg per drop. 20 drops per ml.

If you evaporated the alcohol after infusing to 15ml you double the dose to 2mg per drop and half the alcohol.

BabyFacedFinster

Anything worth doing, is worth overdoing.
That works out to 1 mg per drop. 20 drops per ml.

If you evaporated the alcohol after infusing to 15ml you double the dose to 2mg per drop and half the alcohol.

I could try to dissolve the concentrate into 15ml of alcohol instead, and skip the need for evaporation. I wonder if that is too little solvent.

BabyFacedFinster,
Reactions: shredder

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
So much talk about infused honey here. I'm wondering if one could make mead with such honey, or if something about the brewing process would destroy the important active chemicals.

Last edited:

shredder

I could try to dissolve the concentrate into 15ml of alcohol instead, and skip the need for evaporation. I wonder if that is too little solvent.

The idea (30-15mg) was to lessen the alcohol percentage, making it slightly easier to tolerate. Those 190 proof tinctures are pretty rough. They call them green dragons for a reason, lol.

So much talk about infused honey here. I'm wondering if one could make mead with such honey, or if something about the brewing process would destroy the important active chemicals.

You could make mead then infuse it. I actually have some 10+ year old homemade mead I should try.

Ramahs

The idea (30-15mg) was to lessen the alcohol percentage, making it slightly easier to tolerate. Those 190 proof tinctures are pretty rough. They call them green dragons for a reason, lol.

You could make mead then infuse it. I actually have some 10+ year old homemade mead I should try.

Of course. But I'm specifically interested in the making of mead as normal, using cannabis honey as the only difference.

Cheebsy

Microbe minion
I shouldn't have thought the yeasties would be interested in consuming the THC, they are simple organisms that only consume simple sugars. They even have problems consuming complex sugars in a wort (beer before it's alcoholic).

In fact, those crazy scientists modified the yeast usually used in beer brewing to produce THC!

Last edited:

shredder

I shouldn't have thought the yeasties would be interested in consuming the THC, they are simple organisms that only consume simple sugars. They even have problems consuming complex sugars in a wort (beer before it's alcoholic).

In fact, those crazy scientists modified the year usually used in beer brewing to produce THC!

When the yeast are done making alcohol, they die and fall to the bottom. Then they are filtered or separated from the Mead. I'd be worried the THC would be in that dead yeast.

shredder

Why would we think that the thc would be in the dead yeast in the first place?
Try it and find out.

I've read about people trying to ferment buds in beer and wine, but it never worked out well. Never heard anyone fermenting a concentrate. Go for it though, wtf.

I'll put a little tincture in a glass of aged Mead, and we'll share notes.

Ramahs

Try it and find out.

I've read about people trying to ferment buds in beer and wine, but it never worked out well. Never heard anyone fermenting a concentrate. Go for it though, wtf.

I'll put a little tincture in a glass of aged Mead, and we'll share notes.

Sure, but I'm just reaching out to see if anyone knows much about the mechanism/process that would cause this to happen.

Ramahs,

el sargantano

Sure, but I'm just reaching out to see if anyone knows much about the mechanism/process that would cause this to happen.
Lactic Acid Bacteria (LAB's) are used as a fermentation starter many times.
You just pick the water where you washed some rice (i.e. sushi dinner) into some jar and cover it with paper & rubber band. Put it a closet for a week or so and get the mid part with a syringe or siphon where these LABs are and mix it with 10 parts of milk.
After 3 to 7 days you'll get an upper cheese curd floating (make cheese with that) and into the middle part there are our beloved friends. Discard lower residue onto your compost pile.
These periods depend on temperature, they work faster in summertime.
Hope you'll get one more tool to play with and share your work with us.
On my side, I'm playing with strawberries (from the sttawberry tree) each winter and expect so many good things to come

el sargantano,

Ramahs

Lactic Acid Bacteria (LAB's) are used as a fermentation starter many times.

For mead?

Mead is basically honey, water, and maybe some yeast...and some people will add some other fruit or other spices for extra flavor. But I've never heard of using LAB's in making mead.

Aside from that, what was your point? You didn't seem to mention why you brought up the LAB's as related to destroying THC and other cannabinoids in the first place.

Last edited:
Ramahs,

el sargantano

Mead is gonna be tricky. So tricky.
Fermentations cannot occur if there's osmotic pressure enough to force microbs to sleep.
Think about old sailors keeping herrings in salt for long travels. They were safe from microbs because there's no water avaivable to thrive.
Sugar has the same osmotic power as salt because their crystaline form, but sugar doesn't kill mic's as salt does. Think about that jam jar that's been for ages in the fridge rear part.
In the other hand, when you add water enough to the mix for mic's awake, not only have they an ideal playground, but also tons and tons of tasty carbohydrates to eat. Their favourite meal.
My point is about to find the balance between a forced dormancy induced by the osmotic pressure and the addition of water (dechlorinated, please) to boost the LAB's and yeasts microparties.

Edit: maybe my sticky brick is absorbing me as an osmotic pressure cerebral device, but the muses are throwing stones at me, pionting & yelling. Let me add a videoexplanation for better example:

Last edited:

shredder

Mead is gonna be tricky. So tricky.
Fermentations cannot occur if there's osmotic pressure enough to force microbs to sleep.
Think about old sailors keeping herrings in salt for long travels. They were safe from microbs because there's no water avaivable to thrive.
Sugar has the same osmotic power as salt because their crystaline form, but sugar doesn't kill mic's as salt does. Think about that jam jar that's been for ages in the fridge rear part.
In the other hand, when you add water enough to the mix for mic's awake, not only have they an ideal playground, but also tons and tons of tasty carbohydrates to eat. Their favourite meal.
My point is about to find the balance between a forced dormancy induced by the osmotic pressure and the addition of water (dechlorinated, please) to boost the LAB's and yeasts microparties.

Edit: maybe my sticky brick is absorbing me as an osmotic pressure cerebral device, but the muses are throwing stones at me, pionting & yelling. Let me add a videoexplanation for better example:

You need yeast (fungus) to make mead, not lactic acid bacteria. Ever smell a lab fermentation? It's a sour smell, and doesn't make alcohol.

Natural yeast in the air can ferment, and make alcohol, but they are limited in what they can do.

Now days you can get specialized yeast for about any type of beer and wine.

Basically you measure your specific gravity to get the right amount of sugar (honey) and water for the yeast you are using.

Eventually the alcohol percentage goes up in a ferment, killing the same yeast that made the alcohol. They fall to the bottom because they're heavier than the liquid and dead, so no longer eating sugar, peeing alcohol and farting CO2.

As somewhat of a solid I'm sure cannabis oil would stick to them because there isn't enough alcohol in the Mead to keep the oil in solution. So they'd stick to the yeast and the vessel they're in as CO2 keeps things active then slows to a stop..

Last edited:

BabyFacedFinster

Anything worth doing, is worth overdoing.
I do have 190 proof everclear so my next batch will be pretty simple. I will decarb 1 gram of shatter, which only seems to be between 600-650mg per gram around here. I will add 30ml of everclear and dissolve the shatter. Done. If I calculated right, I hope to have around 20mg per 1ml of solution. I agree that straight everclear tincture is harsh, but I just plan on squirting a 1ml dose into tea or some drink and using it as an edible and not a tincture under the tongue. If it works the way I hope, then I might just do that than all the other edible methods I've looked at.

I made this over the weekend. It worked out great, both the decarb and dissolving in ethanol. In fact, I think I underestimated the strength of the shatter. I easily dissolved the shatter in 30ml of everclear, so each 1ml would be around 20mg. For the first sampling I only took .9ml just in case. Good idea because that amount sent me sky high! Normally 20mg is my sweet spot for dosage so it must be a bit stronger than I figured. I'll try .8ml tonight and see how it goes.

I just squirted the tincture into my tea. It was so much easier than making edibles. Plus, the effects of the alcohol carrier came on much faster than usual. Edibles normally take me 1-2 hours to kick in, and the tincture in hot tea came on in about a half hour. Thanks for everyone's help. :)

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
I made this over the weekend. It worked out great, both the decarb and dissolving in ethanol. In fact, I think I underestimated the strength of the shatter. I easily dissolved the shatter in 30ml of everclear, so each 1ml would be around 20mg. For the first sampling I only took .9ml just in case. Good idea because that amount sent me sky high! Normally 20mg is my sweet spot for dosage so it must be a bit stronger than I figured. I'll try .8ml tonight and see how it goes.

I just squirted the tincture into my tea. It was so much easier than making edibles. Plus, the effects of the alcohol carrier came on much faster than usual. Edibles normally take me 1-2 hours to kick in, and the tincture in hot tea came on in about a half hour. Thanks for everyone's help. :)

welcome aboard Delta-9 Airlines please enjoy your flight!

vonfatman

i try to use caps vs. me working cannabis into food recipies. i don’t need more cookies;-0

for strong caps i use rso. mix a ml of rso, 2 ml MCT oil and a teaspoon of liquid sunflower lecithin in a small double boiler….when it heats to 120-140 degrees F … draw it up with a pipet or small syringe….makes about 11-12 small #1 caps

i use 1 ml of rso daily and prefer this method of intake…so 3-4 caps per dose…for ME….each is different

shredder

use 1 ml of rso daily and prefer this method of intake…so 3-4 caps per dose…for ME….each is different
That's a big dose, do you make your own rso? I winterize mine and figure it's something in the neighborhood of 850mg.

A few years ago I had my rso tested at 860mg per gram. But I can't easily test anymore since the lab pick up site left my area.

I rarely go over 100mg for a day lately. Most days are at 45-50mg and that wipes me out.

shredder,
Reactions: Cheebsy

Nina

i use 1 ml of rso daily
I have to ask... did it take you long to work up to that amount or naturally high tolerance? I wouldnt be able to afford to get high if I had that much tolerance, infact 'resistance' is probably a more apt term :D

Nina,

vonfatman

i was given rso when i had my knees replaced from may thru november.
i am not now on any set dose, but during the ouch time it was 1ml a day in thirds. it worked for me. i prefer flower for “normal” dryer settings. i have recently tried some rso with a little oil and it seems my ‘tolerance’ is not noticably lower. we are all different, i also probably out weigh a few of you by just a few pounds which make micro doses for me a bit difficult.

my intention is to reduce both weight and dosage over time. i really only want what i need. big life events can drive more use.

i am a alccholic. have not drank in thirty+ years. that stuff, one drink and i am ”back in the saddle” with booze….

cannabis. i love it. but i have taken breaks for days, weeks, months and years…all were very do-able for me.

i do not intend to take more breaks, that is too disruptive for me. i intend to gradually peal back the mgs until a ‘sweet spot’ is found.

Last edited:

Bad Dog

Yeah I pissed on the rug...... so what
what is the average mg/ml of rso anyway?? I haven't seen rso for sale here in Canada but I heard about it some time ago, supposed to be very full spectrum

Bad Dog,

vonfatman

baddog,
i worked up prior to surgery for two weeks....ended up dosing 1/3 of the ml syringe three times a day. not now, but while recouping.

nina, thanks for the kind words.
i was blessed as i was able to lay it down cold. it took me three or four years of wanting to quit boose that must have got me there. i would not touch it again....alcohol is poison for me.
the rso was terrific for the intended use. every day, rso would be much to much at those doses.....but i can not tell you how much it helped me heal!

Top Bottom