• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

High potency edibles

strech

I am wanting to make my own high dosage edibles. Trying to get 100mg into a one bite edible. Guess my question is how much THC can I pack into a teaspoon of oil? What's the most you can infuse into a tablespoon?

Bad Dog

Yeah I pissed on the rug...... so what
The edible oil I buy has topped out and 30mg thc/ml, though I’m sure it could be made stronger. I started buying oil again recently and just noticed that the ingredients are just cannabis and sunflower oil? Not mct oil.

I’m sure if you start with something like shatter to add to your oil you could probably make potent small edibles.

strech

Based off the calculator if I use a half gram of my sour pink grapefruit badder I would get 4 servings of 100mg.

If I put that 0.5g and infuse it into say 1ml of oil. All 400mg of thc will be in the 1ml. So I could then use .5 ml of oil and still have the same 400mg of thc??

Is there a point of diminishing returns when trying to reducing the carrying oil? How low can we go??

@invertedisdead
Tell me more about these time capsules?

strech

While I will agree with that to a point. I've indulged myself a few too many times already and must now be much more mindful of how much I indulge these days.

I do enjoy the act of eating a tasty treat. I would just prefer that treat to be small and pack a super punch.

What I'm currently using is store bought candy bars at 100mg each. It's just to much sugar and sweets for me to eat all at once. I have to force it all down to get my dose. Now I do find a few time a single fudgy that is 100mg. Which is much easier to get down. It usually is an extra $5 and I'm a cheap ass.

I'm getting everything together to make a small batch of mini cupcakes.

shredder

I think the strongest medibles would have to be made from concentrates. A rice size chunk of rso/feco will get most people pretty high. The thing is though to make it taste good as well.

I use feco, coconut oil, liquid lecithin and mix that in a double boiler with chocolate and fill chocolate bar molds. I make a 100 mg about the size of a standard Hershey bar and a larger thicker 200mg 2 ounce bar.
I use high quality chocolate bars from aldis ($1.90 for a 4.4 ounce bar, lol) Lecithin will make your body take up the cannabinoids better making the oil seem stronger.

The dark chocolate hides most of the weed taste. Ive made these with added orange oil too. Orange oil adds terpenes (limonene) and also helps hide the weed taste. Ive also added ground up almonds for a crunchy chocolate bar. At some point id like to use white chocolate and Oreo cookies busted up for a cookies and cream type bar.

You can make tinctures or infusions pretty damn strong as well. I use a mct oil infusion thats 4.5mg per drop, and you barely taste weed. No problem making it stronger, but again the taste suffers.

And there are also capsules, with less concerns about taste.

Last edited:

bulllee

Agent Provocateur
I'm sure someone like @bulllee will say using your edible oil to bake a batch of fresh cookies and indulge two sinful decadent vice's at once is the way to go because it's more fun than poping a pill.
Always take the time to spoil one's self. And what better way than to indulge your sense of taste, and texture ? :D Besides taking a pill seems so clinical to me :science:;)

strech

I'm guessing I'm doing something wrong. Dumped a gram of crumble wax in to my fx. Hit the decarb a1 setting and let it go. Once cycle finished I added 2 tablespoons of coconut oil. Mixed well and made 4 large rice crispy treats.ate 2 Effects where very mild not very long lasting and no weed hangover like I'm used to on store bought edibles.

Guessing the decarb wasn't right.

Oh and a pill isn't really what I'm looking for. Very much prefer a tasty treat. Just don't want to eat 2-3 cookies or a large candy bar.

shredder

I'm guessing I'm doing something wrong. Dumped a gram of crumble wax in to my fx. Hit the decarb a1 setting and let it go. Once cycle finished I added 2 tablespoons of coconut oil. Mixed well and made 4 large rice crispy treats.ate 2 Effects where very mild not very long lasting and no weed hangover like I'm used to on store bought edibles.

Guessing the decarb wasn't right.

Oh and a pill isn't really what I'm looking for. Very much prefer a tasty treat. Just don't want to eat 2-3 cookies or a large candy bar.

Not long ago I decarbed rosin in my fx in the cbd mode to try to make cbn by degrading thc. We made capsules from it, but it was obvious the thc was not degraded, because the capsules were very strong, uplifting and energetic, opposite of what we were shooting for. Then a few days ago I decarbed more thc rosin in the cbd mode. This time we made a strong infusion with mct oil and lecithin. And again very strong. IDK why, but the effects are what they are.

So, at least with rosin, I'll most likely just decarb it in the cbd mode. It seems the extra time in the cbd mode works better for rosin.

BTW I eventually did make some potent cbn capsules by decarbing sift hash through two thc cycles in our fx. I used more hash than I normally would then, decarbed half of the hash once, then half a second time. The capsules are great for sleep.

strech

A2 setting seems to be where it's at for concentrate. I tried a few different batches. Seems about 1hr-1hr 20 mins is the sweet spot for me. I picked up their apple tart lifter combo and currently my 200mgish tart is lifting me off.

Glad I got this figured out wife was starting to give up on the thing.

shredder

A2 setting seems to be where it's at for concentrate. I tried a few different batches. Seems about 1hr-1hr 20 mins is the sweet spot for me. I picked up their apple tart lifter combo and currently my 200mgish tart is lifting me off.

Glad I got this figured out wife was starting to give up on the thing.

I think your right for a wax type concentrate like rosin. I've decarbed rosin twice now on A2 with good results.

But my fx decarbed sift hash very well on the A1 setting. It must be that certain semi liquid concentrates need extra time and heat to properly decarb.

I think I'll ask ardent about it to see what they say.

shredder

Here is ardent's answer;

Thanks for reaching out to us!

We appreciate you sharing this information with us, the A1 cycle is certainly configured to decarboxylate the THC cannabinoids, the sensors are monitoring the temperature in real-time and prompting heating cycles that fully permeate all of the material, this is what allows it to decarboxylate the cannabinoids regardless if the cannabinoids are in flower or a concentrate.

To answer your question, at this time we have not tested decarbing rosin on the A2 mode.

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
it probably takes more time with concentrates to start boiling due to the surface tension and surface area differences between concentrates and flower.
A more conductive concentrate sleeve would probably work a bit faster. Like stainless steel. But I’m sure the silicone one is convenient for removing your finished goods.

shredder

it probably takes more time with concentrates to start boiling due to the surface tension and surface area differences between concentrates and flower.
A more conductive concentrate sleeve would probably work a bit faster. Like stainless steel. But I’m sure the silicone one is convenient for removing your finished goods.

I've been using small glass beakers to hold rosin when decarbing. The nova fx will hold up to a 24 oz canning jar. But the silicone sleeve works great for buds or sift hash.

Edit, I suspect the density of rosin takes longer to have the heat penetrate.

bizwaxzion

Enigmatic Cannabist
When I decarb rosin for edibles it's usually around 45-60 minutes in a 300F oven. I mix about 6g rosin to a tbsp of coconut oil in a small pyrex bowl and heat that (covered) in 15 minute periods with a good stir after each. I temp the mix each time I take it out and takes a good 30 minutes to get the mixture up to 240F. I go until stirring doesn't produce bubbles.

strech

I have done runs in both just the sleeve and in small shot glass mason jars without the lid. I have not ran another A1 run after going through a couple grams of concentrate with out good results. Effects where felt but definitely not fully decarbed. A2 runs have resulted in treats that have gotten super high.

What I've done is once the light flashes saying it's in cool down mode. I then start to mix the concentrate into the oil.

strech

Ran a batch of live resin same Maui strain and grower as a live sauce. Had to use A1 for thc effects this time.

Sauce and sugar A2
Live resin A1

Maybe I should post this up in the fx thread?

strech

A1 run with a larger batch of the same live resin resulted in unsatisfactory edibles. Really starting to dislike this machine very inconsistent.

BestBuds

The Dude
I have a nova ardent and a magic butter machine. The mbm recently died. I have NEVER been able to get effects from decarbed bud just eaten, I ate a gram and a half and felt nothing. I am really interested in trying to decarb some extracts to just take like a pill or whatever. Do you think I should be good with the og nova or should I get a levo or what's the cats meow right now?

Top Bottom