High Five - Duo E-Rig

tylerj55

@INDIVA just my perception perhaps, but you sound extremely defensive. There is plenty of evidence of more than just 'new product' issues, and words don't mean much without video evidence so I would greatly appreciate it if you could illustrate these massive clouds with a quick video?

I just bought the Peak and like it so much i'm going to buy a second one. And if you think High Five will take care of you, sure maybe if you're lucky... but if you're unlucky you will end up like a lot of very unhappy customers, including ones on this very forum, innit right @lazylathe ?
Before you buy a second one, let me upload a video of my Duo ripping. I just saw the senior stoner video and something has to be wrong there, or maybe that carb cap sucks. Mine is nothing like that lol. I have also had great experiences with their customer service regarding my Duo issues.

Tell me what you want in the video: which dish, which temp and do you want me to use the puffco adapter or the stock glass?

biohacker

Before you buy a second one, let me upload a video of my Duo ripping. I just saw the senior stoner video and something has to be wrong there, or maybe that carb cap sucks. Mine is nothing like that lol. I have also had great experiences with their customer service regarding my Duo issues.

Tell me what you want in the video: which dish, which temp and do you want me to use the puffco adapter or the stock glass?

That's really classy of you bro to step up like that! Thank you so much, and because of it i'm going to hold off buying my second Peak for now. Planetvape was trying to talk me out of it and pushing the Duo pretty hard. Happy to hear about your CS experience as well, btw are you in Canada?

I like vape output, so perhaps try one on the sic and one on quartz? Do you have black dust on your qtips from the sic? Even FadeSpace v2 sic's have that so I think i'll just stick with the quartz if I grab the duo. Feel free to use the stock piece or peak adapter, it's all good. I've read reports saying that the stock cap really sucks.

Thanks again for helping me keep my interest, just not sure I want to be an "early adopter" as i've been burned enough times over the past 15 years.

tylerj55

That's really classy of you bro to step up like that! Thank you so much, and because of it i'm going to hold off buying my second Peak for now. Planetvape was trying to talk me out of it and pushing the Duo pretty hard. Happy to hear about your CS experience as well, btw are you in Canada?

I like vape output, so perhaps try one on the sic and one on quartz? Do you have black dust on your qtips from the sic? Even FadeSpace v2 sic's have that so I think i'll just stick with the quartz if I grab the duo. Feel free to use the stock piece or peak adapter, it's all good. I've read reports saying that the stock cap really sucks.

Thanks again for helping me keep my interest, just not sure I want to be an "early adopter" as i've been burned enough times over the past 15 years.
So something new I’ve been doing may be better than the peak and the duo, check the Divine Tribe thread, it is kind of game changing IMO. Other people have done it, but WOW that setup blows me away.

Anyway, I will make the video here tonight and upload ASAP. I’ll just do one video where I show you switching inserts etc. I use two ruby pearls btw, one 3mm and one 5mm. The stock cap does suck, I use a Bradley Miller peak cap, but I’m sure there’s better ones out there too. Almost any peak cap will work except for maybe the spacewalk joystick and there’s a very small eternal quartz marble cap I have that is also too small. All 10+ other peak caps I have fit fine though. You can take the silicone magnet adapter off and put it on your preferred carb cap if it fits. I put it on the handle of my Gordo Sci cap, but that cap is too long for this device

I did have SiC dust on my dish, and my first dish was messed up with a bump on the bottom so it did not heat right, but to make up for it I got two replacements that both work great! It took about 5 qtips in iso on each before it was clean, and I have not noticed any dust since.

Do you prefer to cold start or hot start?

I am in the US, but I doubt the service would be any different for you. They have been great with me, compared to some other companies that have been terrible when I have an issue. I’m happy to do this! I have been on the hunt for the perfect erig for so long. I was happy with the peak, but the accurate temp control is my favorite feature.

biohacker

@tylerj55

:bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::rockon::rockon::rockon::rockon::rockon::rockon::rockon:

Damn! Thanks so much for that man, that was great! I am taken back a bit by the quartz, but i'm really surprised by the SiC, because shouldn't it be the other way around and the SiC hits harder? The quartz was off the hook! Did it swab clean nicely? Does the quartz ever chazz or I guess at your lower temps it's always easy to clean?

Really appreciate you showing off your new dv4/aln setup! You really surprised me with the aln! lol But why the silicone, what purpose does it serve? Do you not get reclaim all underneath and such?

I also saw your Peak video and that looked waaaaay better than my Peak experience! lol But I can see why you prefer the Duo over the Peak now and again much respect for taking the time to do this! You should start your own YouTube channel and start Shillfluencing! lol I saw it had over 10k views!

Think i'll keep reading, watching, and :popcorn: for now.. :D

Kins

This product is now looking pretty good to me. I don't know though I heard the customer service is a joke. Not sure if I asked before but are the electronics cut off from the vapor path?. If you put too much in does it overflow and will it go into the atomizer or inside the device itself?.

tylerj55

@tylerj55

:bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::rockon::rockon::rockon::rockon::rockon::rockon::rockon:

Damn! Thanks so much for that man, that was great! I am taken back a bit by the quartz, but i'm really surprised by the SiC, because shouldn't it be the other way around and the SiC hits harder? The quartz was off the hook! Did it swab clean nicely? Does the quartz ever chazz or I guess at your lower temps it's always easy to clean?

Really appreciate you showing off your new dv4/aln setup! You really surprised me with the aln! lol But why the silicone, what purpose does it serve? Do you not get reclaim all underneath and such?

I also saw your Peak video and that looked waaaaay better than my Peak experience! lol But I can see why you prefer the Duo over the Peak now and again much respect for taking the time to do this! You should start your own YouTube channel and start Shillfluencing! lol I saw it had over 10k views!

Think i'll keep reading, watching, and :popcorn: for now.. :D
So I feel like the SiC is a little thick in the bottom, so when 1420.co releases their inserts, an AlN insert supposedly, I believe it will be better with those options. The quartz does swab clean as long as I don’t go above 400 or like 360-380 with rosin. I have definitely chazzed it, however it was my fault as I bumped it up too high just to try it out and didn’t stop the hit after I started coughing.

The DTV 4 setup doesn’t make too much reclaim, and the silicone is just to hold the insert still. It’s not required to use it, I just hate removing the insert and swabbing it each time I use it. I’ll be posting a video on it sometime soon.

The Peak video I think just got so many views because the peak is so popular, but I do dream of getting into the influencer scene!

I definitely recommend holding off for now if you don’t need the second peak, the DTV4 and the Duo both perform better in my opinion.
This product is now looking pretty good to me. I don't know though I heard the customer service is a joke. Not sure if I asked before but are the electronics cut off from the vapor path?. If you put too much in does it overflow and will it go into the atomizer or inside the device itself?.
So they are technically not sealed off from the vapor path, but with its design it seems to me it does not have much risk to the material overflowing onto the atomizer unless you are a fuck boy.

I am a fuck boy and overloaded it when I first got it by testing how much it handles at once lol. I would suggest not going over .15 grams. Most of the oil just accumulates in the SS vapor path though, and is extremely light in color and easy to collect, unlike some other erigs.

Kins

Well maybe not than. When are the makers of these e-rigs gonna learn?.

Kins,

biohacker

The quartz does swab clean as long as I don’t go above 400 or like 360-380 with rosin.

That temp calibration is kinda intriguing because it doesn't really line up with the temps in reality for quartz dabbing. You wouldn't get a wisp at 400 on a quartz banger right?

I’ll be posting a video on it sometime soon.

:popcorn: :rockon:

The Peak video I think just got so many views because the peak is so popular, but I do dream of getting into the influencer scene!

Haha, more like Shillfluencer! I'm in a comfortable position right now, but if that were ever to change and my income was cut off, I have enough money saved up that I would invest to be the first "real unbiased reviewer" and make content that doesn't exist anywhere in this world!

I definitely recommend holding off for now if you don’t need the second peak, the DTV4 and the Duo both perform better in my opinion.

Not only will there now be no second Peak, but i'm selling my Peak lol. Grabbing another Puffco+, but honestly the Yocan Uni Pro + a high quality cart (like live resin, fse, sauce etc) w/ rig absolutely blows anything else out of the water. Taste is on par with my ruby dabs, but i'm fortunate to have access to fire. I've just lost interest in these electronic devices now after the uni pro experience. And I know i'm a cannasseur snob, but just can't do stainless steel in the path lol

I am a fuck boy and overloaded it when I first got it by testing how much it handles at once lol. I would suggest not going over .15 grams. Most of the oil just accumulates in the SS vapor path though, and is extremely light in color and easy to collect, unlike some other erigs.

.15g? :ninja: Haha I love it! How much did you have loaded in your vids? lol Good thing those inserts are 16mm!! Oh yeah, what was that Smoke Buddy clone spoof you were using?

I think we have different definitions of fuckboy lmao Well at least according to some of the girls i've dated!

biohacker,
Reactions: tylerj55

tylerj55

That temp calibration is kinda intriguing because it doesn't really line up with the temps in reality for quartz dabbing. You wouldn't get a wisp at 400 on a quartz banger right?

:popcorn: :rockon:

Haha, more like Shillfluencer! I'm in a comfortable position right now, but if that were ever to change and my income was cut off, I have enough money saved up that I would invest to be the first "real unbiased reviewer" and make content that doesn't exist anywhere in this world!

Not only will there now be no second Peak, but i'm selling my Peak lol. Grabbing another Puffco+, but honestly the Yocan Uni Pro + a high quality cart (like live resin, fse, sauce etc) w/ rig absolutely blows anything else out of the water. Taste is on par with my ruby dabs, but i'm fortunate to have access to fire. I've just lost interest in these electronic devices now after the uni pro experience. And I know i'm a cannasseur snob, but just can't do stainless steel in the path lol

.15g? :ninja: Haha I love it! How much did you have loaded in your vids? lol Good thing those inserts are 16mm!! Oh yeah, what was that Smoke Buddy clone spoof you were using?

I think we have different definitions of fuckboy lmao Well at least according to some of the girls i've dated!
I totally understand how the SS airpath would throw you off, some people have better taste buds than others! lol In the video there is probably about .1g in there. Once the AlN inserts are made I'll be able to bump that size up a little though. The Smoke Buddy clone is a Sploofy, but it doesn't work as well as a Smoke Buddy. It's close, I only prefer it because the filter is replaceable.

I can get FSE carts where I am from the dispo, but they are like $50+ for a half g, where I can get a full gram of wax/live res for the same price or less. Also, I just love the little ritual of a dab so these erigs are like the best of both worlds.

In regards to the temps, I have had decent vapor in a ruby insert at 400, but quartz cools down too quick at that temp for me. I believe the difference here is that because there is consistent heat on a thinner dish, it is able to chuck clouds. Plus, I'm fairly confident it overshoots the target temp by ~20 upon the initial heating to allow for more instant clouds.

GreenLuvaLuva

Nothing like a woman with a nice set of bubblers.
Thanks for your feedback! Apparently High5 now have windows 10 support so can update firmware remotely/online. According to a retailer, they have had 2% return/defect rate due to haptic feedback going due to a firmware glitch.
I'm actually having to send mine back because the vibration motor has stop working. If I had to guess, the first couple of runs of this new product haven't been perfect (shit happens). I'd say it's more about how they deal with the issues. So far, I've been happy with their customer service, here's hoping that the issues get resolved.

LabPong

I decided to get one and see what happens........

Does the glass base fit a carta too? Sneaky Pete was selling the bent neck glass like HF has on their site now....for much less. But it also says it is for a carta on his site. So do the carta glass pieces work with the Duo?

Last edited:

LabPong

My Oura is a toy compared to this Duo!

Duo has power and much better taste....plus easy to use and super easy to clean. I am totally enjoying testing this baby out......on day 3 now.

Kins

My Oura is a toy compared to this Duo!

Duo has power and much better taste....plus easy to use and super easy to clean. I am totally enjoying testing this baby out......on day 3 now.

The Oura is the worst of the e-rigs so I'm not surprised.

Kins,

EVlL 55

...i picked up on of these myself about a week ago.
Initially it worked like a wet turd....all the negative things i read,..while waiting for it to arrive of course,..rang true...i was pretty upset...especially after talking my wife into purchasing it ,..and now telling her its basically useless.
Before i packed it up for good i gave it a good cleaning and re-sat the atomizer...i tried it again and it hit,..and continues to hit like a truck!.
...im waiting on the Sic....and am using the Ti bucket @ °350...(the quartz shattered immediately with the high heat being used Initially).

LabPong

...i picked up on of these myself about a week ago.
Initially it worked like a wet turd....all the negative things i read,..while waiting for it to arrive of course,..rang true...i was pretty upset...especially after talking my wife into purchasing it ,..and now telling her its basically useless.
Before i packed it up for good i gave it a good cleaning and re-sat the atomizer...i tried it again and it hit,..and continues to hit like a truck!.
...im waiting on the Sic....and am using the Ti bucket @ °350...(the quartz shattered immediately with the high heat being used Initially).

Good thing you gave it one more go.......!

I was a bit let down on the super thin quartz cup....but I do low temps anyway. It does help to heat instantly though!

I am going to get a sic cup for it soon.....I have never used a sic dish in any of my trate vapes yet...so this will be fun...just hope it is high quality SIC and it does not "dust off".....

Anyone have any thoughts on the SIC quality?

Vapor Loop

I wen't with one of these for my first E-rig that does not work off a mod. I first thought they had not improved and was just like my old Source. I find rosin, sauce and other lower temp concentrates work great diamonds not so much. I am loving this thing at 410 with the quartz and a 4mm ruby with fresh home pressed Gg#4 rosin. The terps are amazing! I however still don't see myself going for this over the Rio often. I can get some scorching even at 410.

LabPong

I wen't with one of these for my first E-rig that does not work off a mod. I first thought they had not improved and was just like my old Source. I find rosin, sauce and other lower temp concentrates work great diamonds not so much. I am loving this thing at 410 with the quartz and a 4mm ruby with fresh home pressed Gg#4 rosin. The terps are amazing! I however still don't see myself going for this over the Rio often. I can get some scorching even at 410.
I too find nothing topping my 710 enail setup...but I still like using the Duo often. I found that using pretty damn clean trates helps with the scorching. I have not scorched anything unless it was left on temp and I did not hit it soon enough....like 30-40 seconds after a draw.

I mainly use solvent-less hash rosin, but have tried lessor filtered stuff like 120u pressed flower rosin...but I had to keep hitting on it to keep it from scorching easily after about 20-30 seconds of not hitting when it was at temp....(400-420F).

I use the quartz bowl.....and I am very happy with performance. Wondering about the Sic or Ain if they are high quality and dont dust out......? Time will tell I guess.

LabPong

highfive-Bentneck.jpg

SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO much better than stock. Super comfortable mp and I no longer have to stare at the floor and get a neck ache with my bad back issues. It has made me like the Duo even more!

Total upgrade.....they are the carta pieces but fit no problem. I think the carta base is like .5 to 1 mill bigger but this works fine.

LabPong

Here is the breakdown of the vapor path and elements.

The top piece over the cup and reservoir come off with a nice strong magnet. The carb cap piece has a slot with a mag in it as well as the silicone flap and then also under the reservoir.
top-parts.jpg

The vapor exits the top of the cup and then gets directed down into the reservoir. Here you can see the open slots in the SS top cover piece. There is a ceramic ring suspended under the top piece that lets the vapor escape the cup without getting heated up and distorted by passing it back down the cup sides and into the atomizer area...then out to the glass. That is why I purchased the Duo to test.
cup-path.jpg

The cup comes out easily as it just sits on the puck heater element on a built in flange on the bottom of the cups. Then just use the supplied 3mm hex wrench, (or your pro tools like the one I am using from my RC car racing days) to remove the reservoir and expose the heating element below.
only-screws.jpg

The SS reservoir is held in with a nice silicone gasket. As you can see.....there is a little "catch trench" to collect the buildup at the pass through area to the glass. The reservoir has a nipple extrusion to put the vapor path super close to the glass piece. You can tell how this keeps things clean and tidy with the sticky stuffs!
reservoir.jpg

reservoir-exit.jpg

to-glass.jpg

Now just lift out the atomizer in its fluffy silicone pillow! I really like how they designed this piece. No worry about a touchy mount and assembly process where you have to be careful not to break connection pieces and the like. The SS heater piece fits the cups really well and offers good heat disbursement. The atomizer uses magnetic contacts and I have found 0 issues with them. This is a cool design that is highly functional and should last a pretty long time.
ato2.jpg

ato1.jpg

After everything is disassembled... this is what you have....and nice easily cleanable catch area! I only had something in there when I accidentally coughed at the end of a hit and put a little back pressure through the stock glass piece and a small amount of water got pushed into the cup, boiling over on to the atomizer...and down. Most of it was cooked off on the heater and cup...but caused no problems and was quickly cleaned out.
bottom-inset.jpg

I hope other manu's follow a nice design like this and also come up with cleaner un-fucked vapor paths on these e-rigs.

Last edited:

LabPong

Wondering if anyone is using the Sic cup with their Duo? @tylerj55 ?

Is this cup design so diff than any other that there are no after market parts that can fit... because of the width and how short the cups are?

Top Bottom