High Five - Duo E-Rig

LabPong

Supposed to be released in 30 days or so.....will it out perform the others?

Sugg. Ret. $299

H5Duo.jpg

Last week they posted this on their IG.....

high5vape
HIGH FIVE DUO. The only portable dab E-Rig that truly hits like an E-Nail. Releasing NEXT MONTH. Designed in Seattle, WA from the ground up and improving on all the pitfalls of existing E-rigs, the DUO is the most reliable and smartest E-rig on the market. For more comprehensive info and to be added to the notification list email help@highfivevape.com. More photos and videos will be released in the near future.

"it's rebuildable, USB C and the batteries are built in and have 2x-3x the battery power as existing erigs."

"the whole airway path can be disassembled and soaked"

"will have Quartz. Titanium and SIC options for the bowl. Our bowl is also significantly larger than any other Erig, 16mm in diameter"

"same height as the Peak and slightly wider by about an 1-1 1/2 inch"

"reason it is slightly wider, we opted for 2x-3x the battery power as existing erigs"

"

Last edited:

Mynameismud

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
Looks like a shoe with the leg cut off... also dont like that empty space on the sides between the chamber and the glass

Mynameismud,

LabPong

The vapor path is part of its shape..and also the added battery(s) size.

Biggest thing I would want in one of these new types....is separating the vapor path from ever entering the atomizer! How stupid this is with the current ones......I wish my Oura had this design of the vapor flowing out of the top of the quartz and then into a path directly to the bubbler.

LabPong

I did not see this before....makes it more interesting for me.

"Compatible w/Focus V Carta & Puffco Peak (separate adapter) Mouthpieces"

LabPong,

INDIVA

Why is the shape the only thing people care about....I care about function and can give a fuckless what it looks like...as this should be a game changer and we shall now be able to enjoy tasty dabs while on the go...as the vapor path is crucial...and having a coiless rig im super stoked to get mine... Which it will be here may 15-20th and I can't wait....it's GNA go down esp with the sic insert!!!!!! Finally a e rig worth getting !!!! We shall hope to see only time will tell is it going to blow the peak and carta out of the water. Like I been waiting for many many years!!!!!!

FlyingLow

Team NO SLEEP!
I am with you, vape quality is most important. I look forward to your thoughts.

Personally, I gave up on portable, atomizer based rigs when I found RiO by Stashe. Nothing else comes close...

INDIVA

Yeah I agree ecig coils. Belongs with ecigs not dab pens or dab rigs aka erig well now the duo will be the 1st of its kind...And it should be a game changing unit can't wait to get mine in stock and testing it out.. definitely gna go for a drive and get ripped well so I hope lol ...But with a sic insert 16mm and maybe a couple terp pearls I'll throw in there too for more surface area.....
Hell's yes coiless erig can't wait to be one of the 1st ppl to test this bitch out...And if it doesn't it's going back lol and will say screw a portable piece will get a power supply and make my enail a portable piece and call it a day....Ya u can't really say the Rio is a erig as it's a dab rig that has a torch at the bottom which makes it very convenient but not a erig

INDIVA,
Reactions: NSCocoa

guyonthecouch

Yeah I agree ecig coils. Belongs with ecigs not dab pens or dab rigs aka erig well now the duo will be the 1st of its kind...
"1st of its kind"? How do you mean? From the description it sounds similar to the other erigs available in terms of tech.

guyonthecouch,

FlyingLow

Team NO SLEEP!
Ya u can't really say the Rio is a erig as it's a dab rig that has a torch at the bottom which makes it very convenient but not a erig
You keep calling this High Five an E-rig, but it is really just an another atomizer... nothing remotely innovative about this at all.

FlyingLow,
Reactions: arb

INDIVA

"1st of its kind"? How do you mean? From the description it sounds similar to the other erigs available in terms of tech.
It does not use a coil like everything else on the market....It uses a enail type controller for the heating element therefore the temp can fully be controlled just like a enail....Plus the vapor path is just like a home banger is and comes with sic insert too.....
And where do u get atomizer from it doesn't use a coil....the duo is a erig and it's not just me they call it a erig as well as that's exactly what it is...And the duo is a first of its kind as it uses the same type of technology as they use for their enails and made it portable is exactly what it is... It's nothing like a trash puffco peak that has coils that your constantly changing and replacing which isn't cheap plus they all tastes like shit and Rob's u of terps and meds so I'll pass on that shit...Yeah they work but are they efficient and tasty like a home piece should as in with sapphire or Ruby inserts and quality rigs and carb caps make a world of difference in which the duo all has....Plus in the summer they will come out with the convection flower bowl too ...Which they have taken all the trash and problems that portable dab rigs had and they actually fixed them in which you get the duo...Which is made in the USA as well can't say that about puffco or a carta m that is all the same thing it's a glorified ecig w a water attachment that was all a afterthought in the 1st place.....The duo is the 1st erig that was made and designed based on a enail and the stability of one and not having to replace a coil every time u turn around is just insane gna keep spending money to use something that is mediocre at best tastes like shit and isn't efficient at all....Just wait u naysayers will c in a few weeks when it comes out and hits just like a enail does and will keep hitting that way for eternity.....I have h5 products actually and use em on a daily basis I've had my lcd enail for over 3years now and it's been turned on 98% of the time no bs as I'm always home so it's always on...And still using the 1st coil I got with it...And if it goes to show what the duo will be I'm not worried at all and it's not going to disappoint shit I even preordered it is how much of a believer I am in the duo ....And I pry won't be proven wrong either.........

INDIVA,

guyonthecouch

It does not use a coil like everything else on the market....It uses a enail type controller for the heating element therefore the temp can fully be controlled just like a enail....
And where do u get atomizer from it doesn't use a coil....the duo is a erig and it's not just me they call it a erig as well as that's exactly what it is...And the duo is a first of its kind as it uses the same type of technology as they use for their enails and made it portable is exactly what it is... It's nothing like a trash puffco peak that has coils that your constantly changing and replacing which isn't cheap plus they all tastes like shit and Rob's u of terps and meds so I'll pass on that shit... ...Which is made in the USA as well can't say that about puffco or a carta ....And I pry won't be proven wrong either.........

From their website and product description:
- Advanced & Reliable Atomizer Design
- 3 Year Warranty on Device, 6 Months on Atomizer
- Stainless Steel Atomizer. Durable, Reliable. BUILT TO LAST

Duo could be a decent device but you're sharing a lot of misinformation in your posts..

The Carta offers the everlast atomizer design which was released a long time ago.

Where are you seeing made in the USA?

INDIVA

No I said it uses a coiless design as it uses a enail type coil for it...And high 5 is made in Washington that's all over their site....And a atomizer can be different things as it is a coiless design your not putting your dab directly on the heating element which is also offgasing only god knows what....

INDIVA,

guyonthecouch

No I said it uses a coiless design as it uses a enail type coil for it... :hmm:

And high 5 is made in Washington that's all over their site....And a atomizer can be different things as it is a coiless design your not putting your dab directly on the heating element which is also offgasing only god knows what....

The heating tech you're referring to is the same as in the other portable erigs(peak and carta). There's a coil in the "heating plate" which is how the insert or bucket, which sits on top of the heating plate, is heated. You can see the design of the duo internals on the site and it looks exactly like the same tech as every other portable erig, atomizer + bucket tech.

The peak and carta do not have exposed coils/open air coil systems.

Yes, High 5 is based in Washington, I don't think any of their products are made/manufactured there.

Last edited:

tylerj55

So this thing is legit so far. I just received it today, and I am getting fat clouds at 420°

The heating element appears to be completely metal, not ceramic encased in metal, I hope it lasts a long time because of that.

The dish is wider, but more shallow than the peak dish. It is about ~1.25mm shorter and 1mm wider. I've been using the quartz dish, and will likely only use the Ti dish for flower rosin. Great flavor, huge clouds, and it stays heated longer than the others, which I personally love.

In my humble opinion, this is for somebody who dabs a lot, where as the other e-rigs are great for people who don't dab frequently. Also, it is kind of ugly, but just because it looks kind of clunky compared to the sleek design of the peak. One more thing, my lights flicker, so I am going to have to ask about the flickering. I will update when I hear back.

MUSTARDOW

Just short of a month of use and unfortunately have run into some issues.
It has a short heat-up time of maybe 10 seconds and then indicate that it is ready to hit. Sometimes it will immediately indicate that its ready to hit and will never reach the desired temperature.
As this device was 300$ I wanted to take good care of this thing. So once every few days it would get disassembled and would go into the ultrasonic with some isopropyl alcohol for a nice clean. After 3 weeks of use I noticed inside the atomizer UNDER the heating element was a good amount of leakage.

The issue with the heating could be an atomizer issue.

As for the leaking im quite a bit disappointing as it was marketed as such that leakage would not occur within the atomizer section.

Unfortunately their customer service has been very slow to respond, they basically gave me the comcast response "did you turn it off and back on again" but in this case, did you clean it and make sure the contacts were clean?
Obviously I tried everything possible to fix this broken 300$ machine, yet all Ive gotten was a canned response in the past 72 hours.

Not lookin good high five vape.

510vaporent

Y’all need to try the divine tribe v4 with the SIC bucket and bottomless banger. That and the significantly more expensive M22 are where it is at right now. All these Erigs are the same tech really just with expensive coils to replace. The DTV4 coils are super easy to replace and only cost like $4 each!!

510vaporent,
Reactions: florduh

tylerj55

Just short of a month of use and unfortunately have run into some issues.
It has a short heat-up time of maybe 10 seconds and then indicate that it is ready to hit. Sometimes it will immediately indicate that its ready to hit and will never reach the desired temperature.
As this device was 300$ I wanted to take good care of this thing. So once every few days it would get disassembled and would go into the ultrasonic with some isopropyl alcohol for a nice clean. After 3 weeks of use I noticed inside the atomizer UNDER the heating element was a good amount of leakage.

The issue with the heating could be an atomizer issue.

As for the leaking im quite a bit disappointing as it was marketed as such that leakage would not occur within the atomizer section.

Unfortunately their customer service has been very slow to respond, they basically gave me the comcast response "did you turn it off and back on again" but in this case, did you clean it and make sure the contacts were clean?
Obviously I tried everything possible to fix this broken 300$ machine, yet all Ive gotten was a canned response in the past 72 hours.

Not lookin good high five vape.
Sorry to hear that! That does not match my experience at all, however I may have just gotten lucky?

Y’all need to try the divine tribe v4 with the SIC bucket and bottomless banger. That and the significantly more expensive M22 are where it is at right now. All these Erigs are the same tech really just with expensive coils to replace. The DTV4 coils are super easy to replace and only cost like $4 each!!
This device is actually different. It measures the temp of the metal coil (it is not ceramic like the other coils) and holds its heat way more effectively than the ceramic plates. I’m not going to say this is better, however It suits my purposes better than the options you stated. If the bottomless hanger for the DTV4 was available I would pick it and a sic cup up, however it’s not. I’m pretty sure the m22 is not available yet either, at least not with the mod and all accessories.

INDIVA

I have one of these with a sic insert and Ruby spheres and I absolutely love it...It is a beast and it blows any other erig out of the water on the market right now...
Now I've had it for less than a month but so far I been using it as my daily driver actually that I like it so much ...And my home rig ain't no slouch as I have a diffusion pump rig w a cca710 liger v3 w sap insert and rubies w a few custom caps too and no B's this duo is close to my home piece if not the same ESP when I have my sic insert in the liger for comparison...
Now one thing I do not like about it is the haptic feedback as just like the peak it vibrates x3 per one hit and its a huge battery whore on it and no way to actually shut it off in the settings like you can with the lights...
But other than that I love it the coil is really nice and nice to get away from. Wire coils for once and it having a vapor pAth that goes up And into the glass not below the coil and leaks all over the place like the pos peak does...
The duo is incased in silicone pretty much as there is 3 silicone covers on the inside to protect the unit also makes the lil bit of reclaim there is very easy to clean up that's for sure...And maintenance is a piece of cake with this bad mf...I run it at 420-450 the 450 gets some really really fat clouds going and will have u chokin...As this lil rig will have u stumblin and stoned no doubt and I have a lifetime warranty too so perfect...
As if this duo compares to h5s other products too I have no worries on the life of it and customer service is wonderful too as ive had my LCD enail for 3years now and no bs it's been on pretty much 95% of the time if not longer and never had a issue...Curious on the new version tho so I may pick one up too as I was going to Just use the duo for my portable piece and buy another home setup as it's just time for something new and well I might have to wait as I'm really digging this duo...
It lasts me all day long too which is nice and I dab 1gram + a day too also no biggie to charge it as i can use it and charge at the same time to and no problems so for sure best erig in the game right now hands down.....

tylerj55

I have one of these with a sic insert and Ruby spheres and I absolutely love it...It is a beast and it blows any other erig out of the water on the market right now...
Now I've had it for less than a month but so far I been using it as my daily driver actually that I like it so much ...And my home rig ain't no slouch as I have a diffusion pump rig w a cca710 liger v3 w sap insert and rubies w a few custom caps too and no B's this duo is close to my home piece if not the same ESP when I have my sic insert in the liger for comparison...
Now one thing I do not like about it is the haptic feedback as just like the peak it vibrates x3 per one hit and its a huge battery whore on it and no way to actually shut it off in the settings like you can with the lights...
But other than that I love it the coil is really nice and nice to get away from. Wire coils for once and it having a vapor pAth that goes up And into the glass not below the coil and leaks all over the place like the pos peak does...
The duo is incased in silicone pretty much as there is 3 silicone covers on the inside to protect the unit also makes the lil bit of reclaim there is very easy to clean up that's for sure...And maintenance is a piece of cake with this bad mf...I run it at 420-450 the 450 gets some really really fat clouds going and will have u chokin...As this lil rig will have u stumblin and stoned no doubt and I have a lifetime warranty too so perfect...
As if this duo compares to h5s other products too I have no worries on the life of it and customer service is wonderful too as ive had my LCD enail for 3years now and no bs it's been on pretty much 95% of the time if not longer and never had a issue...Curious on the new version tho so I may pick one up too as I was going to Just use the duo for my portable piece and buy another home setup as it's just time for something new and well I might have to wait as I'm really digging this duo...
It lasts me all day long too which is nice and I dab 1gram + a day too also no biggie to charge it as i can use it and charge at the same time to and no problems so for sure best erig in the game right now hands down.....
How is the SiC dish? I have one pre-ordered and I’m also getting the peak adapter.
I agree with you, I own a peak and it has been my go to, especially since getting an AlN insert from FS, but even with quartz this thing hits harder than the peak.

Top Bottom