High capacity portable?

vapeguy

I got a... I forgot what it's called now but anyway I have a small portable vaporizer from a few years ago but it only lets you put in a tiny amount. I'm used to a Volcano Digit at home where I can load a few grams at a time, what are some portables with a very large chamber for herb?

Just found the box the one I have now is the Arizer Air 2, it's great I just don't like the tiny chamber size.

vapeguy,

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
I guess just get a Mighty? If that is the only feature you care about, it has hybrid heating though mostly slow session conduction there is some convection and it has a decent size chamber, but there is no portable that let you load that much at a time... IQ2 is a nice one with a large chamber, full session conduction, though I prefer something like tinymight for the pure convection on demand, but you're not going to load that much, but hit for hit will be much better than what you are used to and more than what you are used to anyway (better extraction more power faster, hits more like desktop)

vapeguy

Convection is important to me, are there entirely convection portables? I can tend to not take a puff for several minutes which is obviously bad with a conduction vape.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Convection is important to me, are there entirely convection portables? I can tend to not take a puff for several minutes which is obviously bad with a conduction vape.

So the better distinction, is that you want an on-demand vape, session style is what is constantly cooking for you without you hitting, typically session style is pure conduction but there can be all sorts of hybrid. And most on-demand vapes are pure conviction though there are some others... Tinymight is hands down my all-around favorite vape, let alone portable, let alone on demand pure convection portable, it also uses glass stem chamber vapor path so there are so many options and great purity easy cleaning. TM2 is coming out this week... On the budget end there is the xmax v3pro and xlux roffu as well, not quite as good with the vapor quality or quite as powerful, but very impressive for the price (and made in China, come a long way! Yes they finally have on demand pure convection, there are a few other options too but these are my top suggestions for you then) Finally you can get on the list for the Firewood8 if that appeals to you as well (but it'll be quite a wait unless you get one used somehow) it is pretty unique ceramic swappable chamber hybrid on demand vape (I do love my FW7)

badbee

A TinyMight could be good for you. The load size is adjustable but is best somewhere between 0.1 g and 0.25 g. Reloading only takes a few seconds (similar stem load procedure as the Air 2). It's fully on-demand convection. If you want to use more than 0.25 g just refill (capsules are available and could be preloaded).

The Boundless CFX and Tera vapes are known for bigger chambers. They are less expensive, and not as good, as the TinyMight.

cx714

Unregulated Tendencies
If you’re willing to go butane, you should also check out O’Connell Woodworks. His vapes are known for their big bowls (and on-demand convection). Cream City Vapes have them and a 25% off promo code for Labor Day that’s probably still valid.

There’s also a bit of a glass renaissance going on atm: Rogue Wax Works (@RogueGuy), Glass Charlie (@davesmith), and Herbal Therm are offering reboots of the Vaponic which, near as I can tell, allow the outsize bowls you’re after. Hybrid but all glass and can lean toward convection— Rogue has a full convection option.

Abele Rizieri Ferrari

Speaking of OCWW, they also got those injector bowls to pair with Neo. If you get for example a j hook with it I think you get a pretty portable setup and the bowl I believe is pretty spacious? And from what I've read the Neo handles extraction of bigger loads decently.

even if I have been out for a while I still use it with pleasure the Boundless Tera holds at least 0.3 unless you use the capsules of the Crafty without a cap then about 0.2 there is a special discussion in the forum I read that every now and then they give some discounts because the price is not low but the package is full of accessories https://vapefully.com/en/product/boundless-tera-vaporizer/

Sidvicius,
Reactions: XpeeN

cx714

Unregulated Tendencies
...are getting all the reddit hate lately; order from them with caution.
I’ve ordered from them before without drama but that was pre-PACT. Pre-buggered supply chain, too— they def drop-ship at least some of their “inventory.” Also, they note several weeks’ lead time for OWW right there on the product page.

But like everything internet, you saves your dollars and you takes your chances.

cx714,

AJS

Calm Consistency
Lot of great suggestions in this thread.

Just found the box the one I have now is the Arizer Air 2, it's great I just don't like the tiny chamber size.
So this is two parted. Are you positive it's the chamber size, and not the potency/hit style of the Air 2?
You can get pretty damn stoned off very little weed, but not all vapes will get you there.

Maybe you just want more of a ripper instead of a sipper?
Or are you sure chamber size is the biggest factor next to on demand convection?

There are some vapes that are like slowly sipping on a small joint (arizer air)
Then there are vapes that are like taking a massive lung busting bong rip to make you sweat (herborizer, ball vapes).

They can use the same amount of weed, but I can almost guarantee an herborizer through water will hit you harder than an arizer air.
(I love the arizer air)

AJS,

Flow

Hi !
You may want to read the Airvape Legacy pro thread, or to go on their website to make up your mind ?
I own one, as i own dynas, sticky brick OG and a beautyfull SSV...
I do enjoy pure convection hits and the "On demand" mode on this device works flawlessly !
Add @Gary-Airvape here and you have a top notch device with a reactive Manufacturer !
As you said you want something with high capacity, you'll find more 18650 on their website, or you can go with an induction charger as a way to keep battery up - cordlessly… :) (they even sell the powerbank with induction charge)

BUT…
As size does matter…

OG sticky brick with restrictor disk just rules them all !!! :D
I don't use it that much, my tolerance would drastically and quickly increase… but my stash won't :D

Last edited:

jonthehuman

I had the Arizer, way too small of a chamber, agreed. I have a sticky brick OG that holds at least 3 times as much as the arizer, but my go to remains the mighty+ ... though after reading some comments here I'm looking for the nova now... I use the Old Head Freight Train at home, the mighty+ keeps me afloat when away...

jonthehuman,

vapeguy

Hi,

I still haven't got a new vape as last year was very financially hard but this year is going a lot better so I'd like to get a new portable soon.

I've re-read all replies to refresh my memory but would like to know if there's anything new on the market since I asked?

Otherwise I'll research the recommendations from here and decide on one of them.

Someone said some vapes are like sipping on a small joint while others are like a massive bong hit, I definitely want something that's like a massive bong hit, I'm used to be able to take in a large amount of dense vapor from my Volcano so getting a tiny slow weak draw from my Arizer Air 2 doesn't even compare.

So far I'm leaning towards the Mighty or Tinymight:

Mighty: So far this is my #1 choice, I just don't like how the batteries aren't replaceable so I need to keep in mind it will be a paperweight in 2-5 years (can they really not be replaced or are you just not supposed to?)

Tinymight: This one seems like an Arizer Air 2 built in a different shape but I do like that it's on demand/convection

I see there's a new Mighty+ but it's not clear what features are new, is it just the USB-C charging or is there anything else new?

I also haven't been able to figure out what the "Nova" vape that's been mentioned is, searching "nova vape" seems to find a bunch of different products, can someone link to the specific product?

Thanks for all the info

Last edited:
vapeguy,

vapeguy

TM has a superior heater over the Mighty one of you want quick extraction through water. Imo mighty is more for sessions while TM manages both sessions as well as those big hits.

I'm leaning more towards the mighty in part because of the digital temp control, the larger chamber size and I love my Volcano by the same company. I've tried many other vapes thinking they'd be better than the Volcano only to go back to the Volcano.

I'm not exactly sure I understand what is meant by sessions, I think it means basically almost continuous inhaling with little to no pauses, is that right?

Thanks

Sorry double post

vapeguy,

cptofnthng

Session means you inhale the vapor of your chamber slowly over the course of a few minutes. The arizer you started with was a session vape. The tinymight allows you to do it in one rip or two depending on other variables. If taste plays a role, usually convection vapes have advantages there.

cptofnthng,

vapeguy

I'm REALLY leaning towards the Mighty+, it's very likely I will have bought it in the next few minutes, the clouds I've seen come out of this are amazing, my tiny Air 2 can't come close. I love the large chamber size for a portable, large battery capacity, easy loading, and the Storz & Bickel brand.

I'll see if I want to wait for more info but I've gotten lots of good suggestions and info so far in this thread so I'm extremely close to buying the Mighty+, it would be by far the best portable I've had.

I did it, I got the Mighty+ for $420 CAD with a 5% discount so $399 (about $299 USD) which seemed like a good price in more ways than one lol.

Edit: Just saw it's $399 USD on the S&B website so $299 USD was indeed a good deal.

I was expecting the TinyMight to be half the price of the Mighty with how much more simple it is but when I saw it's actually more expensive that sealed the deal for the Mighty+.

I think I'll be able to have enjoyable outdoor sessions for the first time, all portables I had so far honestly rather sucked especially in terms of capacity and vapor production: Pax, Arizer Solo, Arizer Air 2.

Thanks for all the suggestions and info.

vapeguy,

cptofnthng

I think once you get into it a lot more you will eventually land with a vape like the TM and the mighty will collect dust. Why? Seen it a hundred times here.

But still the mighty is enjoyable and solid. Welcome to the game.

vapeguy

I think once you get into it a lot more you will eventually land with a vape like the TM and the mighty will collect dust. Why? Seen it a hundred times here.

But still the mighty is enjoyable and solid. Welcome to the game.

What do you mean by get into it a lot more and welcome to the game? I've been vaping for over 20 years lol.

In any case I think we can all agree the Mighty will be a mighty upgrade from my Air 2. Maybe it will get me into portable vaporizing enough to want another later on as so far the 3 portables I had left me with a "why bother trying other portables" feel but I think this one will outperform some plug in vapes I've had.

vapeguy,
Reactions: Flow
Top Bottom