• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Pen Herbstick Eco Vaporizer

PPN

Volute of Vapor
3oxRmoFKC9pyGMS5oc

its a different vape since the mod.

This 2 holes are the air intakes, if you close it the air will come from the device and battery compartment, I'm pretty sure your mod make your Eco hotter although I'm not sure if it's safe.....

PPN,
This 2 holes are the air intakes, if you close it the air will come from the device and battery compartment, I'm pretty sure your mod make your Eco hotter although I'm not sure if it's safe.....

The two air (through and through) holes are the ones I didn't cover, its all the unnecessary ones right above them I covered, however I do manipulate airflow with my finger over the air holes. Just to restrict airflow a bit, those large holes paired with the MP's little pinholes lends itself to more air/vapor ratio. The heat was never the issue, just the mass influx of air to every hit cooling the heater down so much.

Edit: I'm at work but here's a picture from the manufacturer with the intakes labeled, what I circled is what I covered. The tiny MP holes just can't keep up with that much cool air being let in.
09db4c872c.jpg

Last edited:

beiberhole69

Sexual Maven
ahhhh!... I Just got this in today and it doesn't look like it really fits well with my glass piece. They're both 14mm... but the piece seems deeper than the tip of the eco... doesn't seem like it'll be air-tight enough. But looking forward to playing with it regardless!

beiberhole69,
Reactions: nondarb
ahhhh!... I Just got this in today and it doesn't look like it really fits well with my glass piece. They're both 14mm... but the piece seems deeper than the tip of the eco... doesn't seem like it'll be air-tight enough. But looking forward to playing with it regardless!

Really?!? What's the dimensions on your MP's? All three of mine fit my 2 14mm pieces and all my adapters. Mine are 9/16" wide and 11/16" tall (not including aluminum piece that fits in unit). Its air tight on all of my stuff. Do your pieces have a dewar joint or one that's otherwise inset on the piece?

nondarb,
Reactions: PPN

beiberhole69

Sexual Maven
it's 14mm... but the MP is so short and my piece has a bit of a funnel before the female joint really begins... so it doesn't go deep enough to really get air-tight and wobbles around on top.

Here's my piece:
http://www.grasscity.com/us_en/scie...tm_medium=email&utm_source=yotpo#.Vq7CgNAuSwE

no real view of the top... but if you look at the stock bowl... you can see that there's a little gap of just regular glass showing in the female joint before the air-tight part is plugging it.

So, it's just not a good fit... works awesome with my Arizer Air though. Guess I need a cheap piece of chinese glass for my cheap chinese vap *shrug*

any recommendations from DHgate?

beiberhole69,
it's 14mm... but the MP is so short and my piece has a bit of a funnel before the female joint really begins... so it doesn't go deep enough to really get air-tight and wobbles around on top.

Here's my piece:
http://www.grasscity.com/us_en/scie...tm_medium=email&utm_source=yotpo#.Vq7CgNAuSwE

no real view of the top... but if you look at the stock bowl... you can see that there's a little gap of just regular glass showing in the female joint before the air-tight part is plugging it.

So, it's just not a good fit... works awesome with my Arizer Air though. Guess I need a cheap piece of chinese glass for my cheap chinese vap *shrug*

any recommendations from DHgate?

Yep thats a dewar joint, they're deep. The d020 is a classic dhgate piece, small enough most vapes milk it. The .gif I posted was with the fc278 and a j-hook you can use that piece a lot of ways so I really like it. The cheap bubbler thread in the glass forum should provide some inspiration I've only made a few dhgate glass buys. There's a ton of good looking dhgate glass coming out lately, some new diffusion pumps too. Chinese new year usually delays shipping around this time iirc.

nondarb,

beiberhole69

Sexual Maven
damn dewar :/

so, how do people suggest you prep your herb for the ecostick?

I typically do a very fine shred but I was finding that it was sort of clogging the mouthpiece holes a little. I'd pack the oven like 1/4 full... and then when I open it, there's a bunch of little plant particles on the MP part... does this thing do better with lil tiny nugglets?

beiberhole69,
damn dewar :/

so, how do people suggest you prep your herb for the ecostick?

I typically do a very fine shred but I was finding that it was sort of clogging the mouthpiece holes a little. I'd pack the oven like 1/4 full... and then when I open it, there's a bunch of little plant particles on the MP part... does this thing do better with lil tiny nugglets?

I've got a domed screen in mine to take up some space, med-fine grind works for me. I just blow out the MP and wipe when it's warm to keep it clean. I tamp down the load a little. And try to stir a few hits in.

nondarb,

beiberhole69

Sexual Maven
hmmmm... seems like my domed screens are too large to fit. Did you get predomed ones or dome them yourself?

beiberhole69,

KeroZen

Chronic vapaholic
Tamp the load to make a little puck, it maximizes conduction and prevents most flying debris (up to some point though...) It works with all conduction vapes I know, metal or ceramic ovens.

But you hav to draw very softly, especially with these kind of weakly powered devices with a single battery cell. Try drawing much slower but for a longer time.

Ah and don't shake it otherwise the puck might move. Of course you can use any other kind of method to fill your bowl: cotton, screens etc. But I find it's an extra chore on a day to day basis during loading/unloading, so I prefer the puck technic. And once your bowl walls will get dirtier the puck will stay in place better.

KeroZen,
hmmmm... seems like my domed screens are too large to fit. Did you get predomed ones or dome them yourself?

I domed some stainless sink aerators I had laying around by pressing them on the end on a sharpie and cutting to size. I just leave it in place as a spacer to cut down on bowl size.

nondarb,

beiberhole69

Sexual Maven
man... I jammed one of the domed screens I have for my Air in there and it's gonna be a bitch to get out....lol

maybe some needle nose pliers... IDK... I'm an idiot.

beiberhole69,

Joel W.

Deplorable Basement Dweller
Accessory Maker
So, I bought one of these about 6 months ago and at the time ( sort of new to vaping flower) I was not impressed much then and I put it away. I was cloud chasing then..

Anyways, this last week, I have been playing with it again and I am actually liking it much more now.

What would normally be 4 hits an another vape is 10 smaller hits with this rig and I feel just as medicated in the end.

With dry herb and on max, I can get some pretty decent clouds after all.

I am glad I kept my mind open about this vape and other conduction type vapes.

The vape "signature" and slow sipping concept is making more sense to me this morning. :)

the vape "signature" and slow sipping concept is making more sense to me this morning. :)

Have you tried covering the top holes at all? Can really jack this vape past slow sipping at higher temps, it extracts faster and with bigger clouds than my solo. I posted a .gif earlier in the thread of the eco milking a can, its surprisingly very capable.

Glad to see some other people who jumped on board, I gifted one to a buddy who combusts. He liked using mine so I thought it would be a good bday gift, he seems to enjoy it and may be a full convert soon! I run mine with a screen domed up in it to take up some space in the chamber, mine seems to do best with a full tamped bowl and for me the whole chamber just seemed gluttonous. I believe I'll use mine now..

Joel W.

Deplorable Basement Dweller
Accessory Maker
Have you tried covering the top holes at all? Can really jack this vape past slow sipping at higher temps, it extracts faster and with bigger clouds than my solo. I posted a .gif earlier in the thread of the eco milking a can, its surprisingly very capable.

Glad to see some other people who jumped on board, I gifted one to a buddy who combusts. He liked using mine so I thought it would be a good bday gift, he seems to enjoy it and may be a full convert soon! I run mine with a screen domed up in it to take up some space in the chamber, mine seems to do best with a full tamped bowl and for me the whole chamber just seemed gluttonous. I believe I'll use mine now..

Yes, I have tried that after reading your posts here. thanks! ;) I was planning on trying the screen tech also, as it's tough to get through a full bowl here (I keep trying though) in one sitting.

Joel W.,

Zepeda

Hi!!! i need some help, do i buy the herbstick eco or the herbstick deluxe?? which one has better taste?? i'm from argentina and here they are both expensive so i need to choose one =( i read all the herbstick deluxe post and see it has some troubles... thanks for helping me!!!

Zepeda,

KeroZen

Chronic vapaholic
Get the Eco, it has less temp settings but it's better designed. Don't expect a brilliant taste though, like all pen vapes its oven is close to the mouthpiece and the vapor path is very short. It can make the vapor a bit harsh and coupled with conduction heating it kinda spoils the taste.

I would consider getting the FM5-Mini or Mini-Pro instead. Also have a look at the X-Max V2 Pro or the Storm if you can get it.

KeroZen,
Reactions: Zepeda
Hi!!! i need some help, do i buy the herbstick eco or the herbstick deluxe?? which one has better taste?? i'm from argentina and here they are both expensive so i need to choose one =( i read all the herbstick deluxe post and see it has some troubles... thanks for helping me!!!

Id go eco, but I didnt care for a few design features of the deluxe. I'm not sure if they ship to Argentina but DHgate sells both models cheappppp.

If these units are expensive in your country you may want to look into other vaporizers in your price range. I love mine for what it is, but for me it was a sub $30 vaporizer.

it's tough to get through a full bowl here (I keep trying though) in one sitting.

Sounds like hard work!

nondarb,
Reactions: Zepeda

Zepeda

Get the Eco, it has less temp settings but it's better designed. Don't expect a brilliant taste though, like all pen vapes its oven is close to the mouthpiece and the vapor path is very short. It can make the vapor a bit harsh and coupled with conduction heating it kinda spoils the taste.

I would consider getting the FM5-Mini or Mini-Pro instead. Also have a look at the X-Max V2 Pro or the Storm if you can get it.

Thanks for your help! do you know this vape?? if you don't know it, think i go for the Eco...

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/New-..._2&btsid=2ff26256-c324-4eb8-8e36-136866fc5c86

Zepeda,

texansfan17

Hello I just ordered one from 3fvape.com for 24$... Could I just wrap a small rubber band or something around the holes to increase the vape clouds? And is this better than the G Pro vape pen?

texansfan17,

PPN

Volute of Vapor
It is better than a Titan rebrand (G pro is one), more t° settings, "isolated" airpath, connect to a water tool is easier, although it will be not more cloudy (I think higher t° is the same) but it will be tastier (I hated the Titan taste, plastic and plastic and again plastic!)

Top Bottom