Pen Herbstick Eco Vaporizer

mrweed

vaporizer review blogger
HTB15GYNHpXXXXXKXVXXq6xXFXXXJ.jpg

This is the latest Vaporizer by Bauway. It has a seperated airpath and 6 temperature presets (between 169°C and 210°C). The unit is comparabale with the Imag and Xmax and the retail price will be very low [retail(!) around 80$]. The cheapest vaporizer by bauway so far! Mouthpiece is silicone, similar to the classic Herbstick mouthpiece. Battery is not exchangable though.

Recieved my sample today, but still doing some burn-offs. Will let you know what I think in the next few days. So far it does look solid.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Oven material? Session length? Burn off battery life?

If the temps are 336-351-366-381-396-411 F then I really like the sound of that. Shame batteries aren't replaceable though

Last edited:

mrweed

vaporizer review blogger
no still charging... ;) I've forgot to charge it friday night, so I basically lost a full day, since you have to charge it 12hours for the first time.
@KeroZen well it's round this time... Actually I think it's pretty. The blue one still reminds me on the tardis <3

ehcual

Looking forward to the impressions/review. Is there any chance you may also attach some photos of the device? After searching google for images, there was only 1 'real' photo of the device I was able to find, and it was a small twitter picture.

I have to say I really like the look of this device, something about it is quite aesthetically pleasing, and I see it going for $38 w/ shipping on some websites which puts it in league with the Titan series vaporizers. If the vapor quality is good, and the air hole means that it is sealed, this looks like it will be one of the best budget vaporizers in it's price range.

ehcual,

mrweed

vaporizer review blogger
img_0588.jpg

here you go. it's just a few mm smaller than the Xmax v2 (not the new v2 in the picture, the new one is charging right now, but it's the same size), which I believe will be the biggest competitor of the herbstick eco, since they both have seperated airpaths and lots of temp settings

38$ seems like a real bargain. It's definitely better than the titan-1 or 2, that's for sure.
However, I will do some more testing later today

KeroZen

Chronic vapaholic
@mrweed : yeah I know it's round but if you look at the picture you posted shot exactly from the right angle, you could draw the entire vape (excepted the button) using the "rectangle" tool in MSPAINT. :)

So what about the taste?

KeroZen,

mrweed

vaporizer review blogger
taste is definitely not the greatest, but seems fine after a few burnoffs. The vapor is more cloudy than I'm used from the classic herbstick, but the taste is less pure. the taste of the xmax v2 seems better as well, but in terms of battery power the herbstick eco beats the v2 by far. Not sure where all the energy went, but the battery is empty after three cycles on the hottest setting already, while my eco is still running and running...

overall, I'm not super impressed, but for beginners this is definitely a better choice than the two titans. Generally, I would recommend it to people who want to find out if a vaporizer is the right choice for them, before spending 250$+, but it's not a "pro" vape that will replace your crafty or anything like this

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
taste is definitely not the greatest, but seems fine after a few burnoffs. The vapor is more cloudy than I'm used from the classic herbstick, but the taste is less pure. the taste of the xmax v2 seems better as well, but in terms of battery power the herbstick eco beats the v2 by far. Not sure where all the energy went, but the battery is empty after three cycles on the hottest setting already, while my eco is still running and running...

overall, I'm not super impressed, but for beginners this is definitely a better choice than the two titans. Generally, I would recommend it to people who want to find out if a vaporizer is the right choice for them, before spending 250$+, but it's not a "pro" vape that will replace your crafty or anything like this

Shame about taste, oh well.

Sounds like your xmax isn't managing battery properly, I would get several sessions on high during my burn offs, but my latest xmax is coming tomorrow. Plus replaceable batteries makes xmax battery life better than most for me, that feature is extremely useful imo

Justpassedu

There is few videos on youtube of this vape. It does not look to bad. A quick google search and i found it for $19 but min order is 10 units .

Justpassedu,

mrweed

vaporizer review blogger
it was partially charged i think. ignore the led for now, since you have to charge it 12h at first

mrweed,
Reactions: OF

paytonpenn

Level 30 Nature/Healer
You have to? I normally use every vape right after unboxing with no charging. 12 hours is a long time not to use a vape a because the led is wonky.

paytonpenn,
Reactions: OF

PPN

Volute of Vapor
I tested mine and I think I could be pretty happy if I have to buy it in the 50$ range, taste is not the better but not the worst (Titan 1 i.e), building quality is nice, it comes with cleaning tools (with the Herbstick favorite finger's nail tool!) and 3 replacements mp.

Honnestly I don't like the mp shape that's why I replaced it with an original herbstick mp as on the pic here (the Eco is near of the Vapman, on the middle, and some others vapes for a comparative view):
EFBOtOq.jpg

PPN

Volute of Vapor
Some precisions to add:

The Eco seems very comparable to the first Imag+ (SS oven) with better t° settings, the 3 lowers don't produce a lot of vapor, n°4 is my favorite to start a session and 5&6 are cloudier (I think higer level is like medium on imag, enough for me).

The bowl is a bit smaller I think than the Imag and, the way I use it, the load is spent before the 10mn autoshutoff.

there is a very little dead zone just under the mp, an added screen could solve this issue.

While doing burn off I can't see any fumes, there was a light robot fart but it disappeared after 2-3 sessions, although taste is not really better than the Imag but vapor is less harsh (my mains issues about the imag).

Battery seems better than X-Mas and maybe better than Imag.

As you can see on my pic posted before I use a cone shapped mp from the original herbstick.

Top Bottom