• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Herborizer Ti or Cloud Connoisseur Halo for clumsy and safety-paranoid guy?

dimmusp

So... Decision time!

I first had a TetraX, but it never worked properly (power would drop to nearly 0 watts) and I combusted once or twice while fiddling with resistance values, etc. I also didn't like having to deal with charging batteries and worrying about leaving them at 100% for too long. I'd charge them up to storage voltage and then charge them to 100% if I knew I was going to vape later that day, but that was pretty annoying.

Then I got a Crafty+, which puts out clouds in the first hits and is fool-proof. But I didn't like that it's always cooking the herb and then I'd get anxious about having the vape the whole capsule (or dumping it out in between mini-sessions). I also didn't like having an aluminum oven, aluminum capsules, and rubber WPA. Also, the battery life is very poor, especially with our semi-on demand way of using it (dumping out the capsule between each "mini-session").

My latest vape is a bamboo Heat Island with a 7/16 SS heat and glass roasting tube that goes into my Rattle Can bubbler. I love the on-demand and not having to worry about batteries. But it takes forever to heat up and it's annoying to fine-tune the voltage. It starts off at ~11.6 V and then goes down to 11.2 V as the vape gets hotter and hotter, and if you're not careful it can scorch the herb. Also, the bowl is annoyingly small (about 1/3 of an S&B capsule, more or less), so I have to constantly be stirring and dumping the herb.

So now I'm considering:
- a Herborizer Ti System for only €232 shipped within Europe (Black Friday sale)
- a Cloud Connoisseur Halo for $255 + shipping to Europe & import taxes/fees

I'm kind of a safety freak, so my main concerns with the Herborizer is that the titanium heater changes colors and I wonder if the airpath is really safe. And with the Halo I was told that the air doesn't go through any wires or weird materials in the bulb socket (like some other halogen vapes), but I've never seen photos of its insides.

The other thing is that both of them can get very hot, and we like to use our vapes with a handheld bubbler while sitting/reclining on our couch. I'm a bit clumsy and I wonder if we could get any serious burns if we accidentally brush the vape against our skin or drop it on our lap (or even worse, light our blankets on fire!).

Any advice?

Thanks!

sparrowman

I'm exactly the same in terms of wanting to use a handheld on the couch! I had a Herborizer TI, but eventually sold it. This was mainly due to needing to be outdoors on a balcony at the time, which I don't need to do anymore. But the whole bare nature of it was worrying when not stationary. The unit itself is incredible however!

I got a Tinymight, which is freaking awesome and allows me to be sitting on the couch. Unfortunately I'm in the market for something new so interested to see where this thread goes

Sour Dream

Blue Dream enthusiast
Idk if you want advice from someone who has neither but I actually bought a Halo back in October and I’m waiting for my turn in the queue. I also was heavily considering the digital herborizer ti.

seems like the glass part on the Halo is the only real burn risk vs the Ti which would be the whole head

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
As someone who has built and used ball vapes since 2019 I honestly would not suggest a glass ball vape to anyone who confessed to be clumsy.

Let me be clear that a ball vape is probably the last vape you want to drop, especially one filled with rubies that holds their heat for minutes.

IMO these things are kinda like riding a motorcycle. I don’t think they are outright “dangerous” but there is some risk that comes with the territory.

As I commented in another thread recently, If burn safety is a key priority I don’t think I’d even be looking at a desktop. Maybe the CouchLog. I’m not sure how the beads are retained in that one but speaking from experience, anything that uses a screen to hold beads could become dislodged if the vaporizer abruptly hits something or is knocked over.

Alexis

The Ti, is a lot safer than for example the Flowerpot, or even potentially Elev8r.

the glass housing, the way the actual Ti protrudes, vs entire hot metal, is more than a safety net.

It works I testify.

You could tip your Ti heater onto your carpet in any old, hopefully not metal point straight down configuration (but the design prevents this by gravity too), and you have some spare seconds to actually think about your sandwhiches while you compose and pick up.

If I dropped my Flowerpot heater onto carpet, or elev8R coil, well I have actually had nightmares about that.

Vapordeflor

I think that you should go with the Herbo, I use it also on my couch at my living room. Have set it up in a cofee table all the time, no problem with burns and their stand is pretty stable.
Just be careful when using it and you will get used to handle it with caution.

IME a good method for safety is having a routine or ritual in which you follow always the same steps with the vape on a space where every element of the Herbo has their permanent place :2c:

Hippie

Have you considered a Highlighter with an Ed's TNT Heatshield?
(heatshield talk starts around page 18 with pics and video on page 21)

Or a Life Saber Vape (LSV)

Hippie,
Reactions: JEMSKU

dimmusp

Have you considered a Highlighter with an Ed's TNT Heatshield?
(heatshield talk starts around page 18 with pics and video on page 21)

Or a Life Saber Vape (LSV)
Thanks, I considered the HighLighter but wasn't very convinced about the air path safety.

As for the Life Saber, I'd read that it's a bit clunky / unwieldy to use, and so that jt gets really hot.

dimmusp,

Texus

I would not recommended a DIY option to someone this concerned about safety. And ai agree with the point above about the risks posed by hot balls. Troy seems to have stopped recommending ball mod after some experiences with hot balls.

Or to put it differently, I'd only got with balls in a secure metal enclosure in your case. No risk of breaking if dropped. But as others mentioned, burn risk from Cannabis Hardware is much higher. And Hot Rod is too prone to sliding off stand to make me comfortable, especially with that heavy cord.

Detachable cord is actually a nice safety feature for both Halo and Herbo. No risk cable getting brushed against, caught against something, etc.

And don't get me wrong. I'll be waving my money at a Heady Halo once they come out. But for all your concerns, yeah stay away from balls.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
I disagree there is any reason to be concerned about the balls in the halo, it uses fewer beads than the highlighter and it is not a ball vape like the atlas is... The primary heating element is still the halogen bulb, shrouded in steel mash with some rubies in front of it, there is no risk of them falling out, the build is extremely secure...

Also wanted to mention, the Halo (and the Atlas) should always be kept upright, with the glass where the heater is pointing upwards, so the heat can release that way, it is not safe to let it sit on for extended periods of time resting the other way...

But yes that glass tip can get hot when it is sitting not in use, a few times my wrist or finger brushed up against it when I was reaching around it, I will say it does not get as hot as other vape parts I have experienced, at least it's easy to not full on burn with it, quick run under cold water and I was fine, and it is actually been a long time since I have burned myself on it at all, happened more in the beginning, and as a result of my own setup, if you are careful it is very easy to avoid any burn risk...

Also mentioning the socket, not only does the air path avoid it, remember he is hand making these sockets with a piece of ceramic and gold plating or whatever, it's not like a store bought light bulb socket that is not designed to be inhaled from...

One thing you will appreciate, is how quick the halo heats up, and can adjust temperature power level, makes it very convenient for me!

In many ways it does sound like exactly what you're looking for coming from your large HI (Alan could make you a halogen unit as well if you wanted) I think Cloud Connoisseur is taking the same careful mindful approach to materials and build design the way Alan does imo

Having said all that, I have not researched the herbo too much, the digiTi sounds like it is really nice though, looks like a beastly vape, no clue about heat up time or burn risks with it however...

Alexis

I disagree there is any reason to be concerned about the balls in the halo, it uses fewer beads than the highlighter and it is not a ball vape like the atlas is... The primary heating element is still the halogen bulb, shrouded in steel mash with some rubies in front of it, there is no risk of them falling out, the build is extremely secure...

Also wanted to mention, the Halo (and the Atlas) should always be kept upright, with the glass where the heater is pointing upwards, so the heat can release that way, it is not safe to let it sit on for extended periods of time resting the other way...

But yes that glass tip can get hot when it is sitting not in use, a few times my wrist or finger brushed up against it when I was reaching around it, I will say it does not get as hot as other vape parts I have experienced, at least it's easy to not full on burn with it, quick run under cold water and I was fine, and it is actually been a long time since I have burned myself on it at all, happened more in the beginning, and as a result of my own setup, if you are careful it is very easy to avoid any burn risk...

Also mentioning the socket, not only does the air path avoid it, remember he is hand making these sockets with a piece of ceramic and gold plating or whatever, it's not like a store bought light bulb socket that is not designed to be inhaled from...

One thing you will appreciate, is how quick the halo heats up, and can adjust temperature power level, makes it very convenient for me!

In many ways it does sound like exactly what you're looking for coming from your large HI (Alan could make you a halogen unit as well if you wanted) I think Cloud Connoisseur is taking the same careful mindful approach to materials and build design the way Alan does imo

Having said all that, I have not researched the herbo too much, the digiTi sounds like it is really nice though, looks like a beastly vape, no clue about heat up time or burn risks with it however...
Heat up very fast. Under 3 minutes to 350 C reading.

Temp stepper up or down dream. Precise and fast.

The Ti excels in a number of categories.

Sebastien was very clever making this vape.

I was fixated with my Verdamper, leading me to FC.

It was too brutal, aggressive.

The Ti offers sublimely smoorh vapor. It astonishes me. Very high quality and very efficient also transferring the medicine into tissues.

The Flowerpot showerhead can't match the flower smoothness of rhe Ti ever.

It has other key features too. Just supremely functional, easy, fast, flexible, no maintenance. Hence growing acclaim.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Heat up very fast. Under 3 minutes to 350 C reading.

Temp stepper up or down dream. Precise and fast.

The Ti excels in a number of categories.

Sebastien was very clever making this vape.

I was fixated with my Verdamper, leading me to FC.

It was too brutal, aggressive.

The Ti offers sublimely smoorh vapor. It astonishes me. Very high quality and very efficient also transferring the medicine into tissues.

The Flowerpot showerhead can't match the flower smoothness of rhe Ti ever.

It has other key features too. Just supremely functional, easy, fast, flexible, no maintenance. Hence growing acclaim.

Yeah Herbo truly sounds so awesome, I would love to try one someday!

I don't focus exactly on the timing, without precise temp, and my style of usage, but the heat up and adjustments are quick in my experience, under 5 minutes, with Halo

dimmusp

Keep in mind Alexis is talking about the DigiTi, which is a lot more expensive than the regular Ti model I was considering.

Or at least I think he was. He was responding to Shit Snacks' post about the "digiTi". Then again, Alexis never said "digiTi", just "Ti"... 🤔

Last edited:

Siebter

Less soul, more mind
I also didn't like having to deal with charging batteries and worrying about leaving them at 100% for too long. I'd charge them up to storage voltage and then charge them to 100% if I knew I was going to vape later that day, but that was pretty annoying.

Semi offtopic, just a small heads-up: the TetraX uses a mod with 18650 Li Ion cells, and while it's true that they should not be left fully charged for too long, that does only refer to time periods of several weeks or rather months. Charging them and using them for example the next day is not a problem. LiPo cells are much more sensitive, even leaving them charged overnight shortens their lifetime, Li Ion cells are quite a bit more robust.

Texus

And other than the price difference, I would recommend the Ti over the DigiTi for you due to the detachable cord. Also, surprisingly portable...

Texus,
Reactions: dimmusp

JEMSKU

I feel strange for being the only one who thinks that both of your proposed options are bad choices for someone clumsy, especially so with the setup at a couch.

I'd personally be looking at the Arizer EQ, a elev8 Da Buddha or SSV, Minivap, or Plenty.

Alexis

Keep in mind Alexis is talking about the DigiTi, which is a lot more expensive than the regular Ti model I was considering.

Or at least I think he was. He was responding to Shit Snacks' post about the "digiTi". Then again, Alexis never said "digiTi", just "Ti"... 🤔
That is correct yes. :) I just never alluded. Elaboration for that and context.

We need a sticky really- analogue vs digital Ti.

We have discussed it in the thread, outlined the effective practical differences.

Split the hairs. I need that sticky though lol. Too cained to think, only awake atm to sweep an Electromedicine treatment over my entire lungs which are substantially infected after a brutal 6 week influenza passed last week.

I was suffocating too much to sleep but sleep is all I can do but have forced myself to stay awake and complete this treatment before at least 12 more hours of sleep.

Zero drugs today yet too, since about 1 am (8.25 pm now).

Basically if I don't "get up" officially (like atm just toilets, treatments, TV flick numerous little online errands and distractions but not up washed etc, I can avoid using drugs and just sleep.

Bed is the only safe place for me lol. I'm dangerous when I'm awake.

I'm yearning to sleep. Just about to.

We do need that sticky though on this. There is no one line for it, angles and considerations, context.

I cheated death too this past month. I should not be here. I haven't even swallowed that yet, haven't had a chance so busy surviving.

I have a lot to attempt in life currently. I'm not up to a single task.

I wish I knew the page in the Herbo thread where the distinctions, pros & cons of the analogue vs DigiTi were discussed a bit.

I just have no energy for life. Gonna get my head properly down now I reckon, make every sacrifice to just get comfortable and at rest whatever it takes. Even if iactually
being at rest is the only way to achieve that end.

badbee

worrying about leaving them at 100% for too long
I picked up on this minor detail and really it's nothing to worry, or even think, about. Yes by doing this you could possibly extend a cells life from 3 years to 4 and in the process save yourself maybe $1 a year on new cells. The 70% storage thing makes sense for a new boxed product that might spend a year or two on the shelf before getting sold. It doesn't make financial sense for cells that are in any kind of active use.

I realize this isn't really your main concern, just mentioning it because a lot of people worry unnecessarily about this non-issue.

Texus

Hang in there, Alexis! I send my best vibes to you 💪.

I just bought the analog Herborizer Ti!

Thanks everyone for your advice. Feel free to keep it coming, since I need more stuff to read while it arrives... :D
Congrats. Really no bad choices here. Herbo is great. You might also be interested in this post from the cheap bubbler page, a really nice sipper option that can break down very compactly. Think I will probably add velcro to secure the small 14 and 18mm containers that hold the handle/heater and the flower holder (these are also the cleaning flasks that VGoodiez and others sell and work nicely to clean out those glass bowls; add iso, plug the other end, shake and dump).

Texus,
Reactions: dimmusp

justcametomind

I'm exactly the same in terms of wanting to use a handheld on the couch! I had a Herborizer TI, but eventually sold it. This was mainly due to needing to be outdoors on a balcony at the time, which I don't need to do anymore. But the whole bare nature of it was worrying when not stationary. The unit itself is incredible however!

I got a Tinymight, which is freaking awesome and allows me to be sitting on the couch. Unfortunately I'm in the market for something new so interested to see where this thread goes
since I got the Tinymight I never hooked up my Herbo Digiti and most of my arsenal except for Supreme and Volcano. I'm pretty clumsy as well.
Seriously a TM is like a portable Evo or Herbo, there's not much difference imho.

Top Bottom