Herborizer corner

vaporcloud

lurking kiwi
I thought metal elemnts were suppose to give off toxins once over a certain temp. I know the steel element in my now dead vapor daddy use to glow red hot and I imagine it was 2 or 3 times hotter than the air that was getting drawn over the herb. But the element use to keep a real constant temp and never burnt the product and heated up real fast. So far my limited experience with a ceramic heating rod is that they take a while to get up to temp and have a tendency to burn the product coz they get so hot. I'm still waiting for my replacement unit so I'm limited to the VG. I am looking forward to learning my new vap when it arrives and getting the ceramic heating rod temp sussed.

vaporcloud,

max

Out to lunch
Vape makers moved from aluminum elements (I'm sure that's what's in your Vapor Daddy instead of stainless steel) to ceramic not because of safety issues but for reliability. Safety wise, I'd be more concerned with the construction methods and other materials used.

max,

marcuss

above the clouds
:ko::ko:i'm working hard to keep it in a high rotation test :brow: .....since the first day the herbo sits in pole position!
My pimped extreme feels lonly....i use it only when some friends come to me!
I will drop a "good tip" post on the cleaning tecnique as soon as possible!

max

Out to lunch
Didn't you say you'd busted the air chamber? I seem to remember you saying something about that. If so, I guess you got a replacement. I'd have gotten a spare, knowing me and glass when I get high. :ko:

I know what you mean about the Extreme going unused. My herbalAire has been collecting dust since my wife fell in love with the PD. I think I'll blow the dust off and we'll do a couple of bags tonight. :cool:

marcuss

above the clouds
he he...can the supermegaultra ssv do some transformation like this?
:o :o :o

when i'm tired to hold the globe in my hands i like to play the ice-tube!
very hot summer here :brow:

this pic could be a useful tip to anyone has already a glass bong...and don't want spend a lot in glassware he already own!The heater and the bowl are the heart of this top-grade vaporizer....let your fantasy take a tour on how many custom versions you can create!
My glassbong is very cheap...but imagine some glass art!

marcuss

above the clouds
:ninja: I don't know...but you can buy the pipe then adapt the active part to any glassware with a 18.8 joint!
Et voil....two vapes at about 150euros! :D

max

Out to lunch
Some info from Sebastien, the Herbo maker:

He was being pressured (by prospective customers I assume) to move from his stainless steel encased ceramic heating element to an all ceramic one. Another example of the 'myth' that any and all metal in the vapor path is bad or toxic. In reality stainless steel is perfectly safe of course.

He found that the all ceramic element he was testing required too much addtitional power and adversely affected the taste as well. So he's staying with his steel encased ceramic heater to maintain efficiency and taste. I'm sure marcuss is happy about this. :science:

He also prefers his tube design over the sphere. It's what he uses. In his words-

"thanks to his important volume, the tube allows taking of big devoured ones of fresh and flower vapor, this is a wonder... In contrast to the traditional bong, here the vapor is more soft than with the other model." Just some inside info for us FC members. :brow:

I also think I've talked him into registering here at FC. I told him we welcome manufacturers. He likes the forum and I told him that no one would be accusing him of 'spamming/selling' if he joins and is willing to answer questions. His English is not great, but I told him we're used to that. We ARE an international forum, after all.

SpiralArchitect

? & beyond
Awesome. I hope to see him around too. The Herborizer is awesome. I wish I could get one. A little too pricey, including shipping costs and what not.

vtac, you thinking about buying just the element and glass thingie and 'making one' yourself?

SpiralArchitect,

max

Out to lunch
SpiralArchitect said:
Awesome. I hope to see him around too. The Herborizer is awesome. I wish I could get one. A little too pricey, including shipping costs and what not.
Shipping is only $33-not bad from France to anywhere. And the Herbo is a better deal now than it was a few months ago-the Sphere XL is $110 cheaper now, for US buyers, than it was in June. The standard Tube is now about $350 including shipping. Still pricey but almost $200 less than a 'cano. With the Herbo you don't wait for a sale, you just wait for a favorable currency exchange rate. :lol:

stonemonkey55

Chief Vapor Officer
Manufacturer
All this herbo talk is getting me to want to buy the dimmer switch for my heating element (it runs a little too hot for my liking) LOL

stonemonkey55,

marcuss

above the clouds
ehy vaporists!
I do appreciate the news about the ceramic experiment failed....go steel Sebastien....you made a great vape, do not change anything to this fabulous design...here they say..."do not change the winning team!!"
He told me that he is glad to see our wise talking about the "herbo" and i'm happy to see a quality vape creator in this forum!
I love my sphere and i like how it works....i see it more confortable than the tube and i find it easy to clean too...but i'm sure the tube works as a bomb as well!
I simply use my glass bong when i want some change....who give you this possibility?
Hey $$ people.. this is the time to upgrade your vapor family!

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
SpiralArchitect said:
vtac, you thinking about buying just the element and glass thingie and 'making one' yourself?
Was a cost consideration, but I'd rather get the whole deal. It's definitely on my short list... one day. :D

marcuss, considering the Herbos are all hand blown, do you think there's much room for variance on the heater setup (distance etc.)? Was thinking maybe that could explain sm55's 'hot herbo'. You know, same as how the SSVs can vary with differently shaped heater covers. With that in mind, maybe the heat regulator is a good idea to have.

What's going on in this one? :o

:drool:

marcuss

above the clouds
vtac said:
SpiralArchitect said:
Was a cost consideration, but I'd rather get the whole deal. It's definitely on my short list... one day. :D

marcuss, considering the Herbos are all hand blown, do you think there's much room for variance on the heater setup (distance etc.)? Was thinking maybe that could explain sm55's 'hot herbo'. You know, same as how the SSVs can vary with differently shaped heater covers. With that in mind, maybe the heat regulator is a good idea to have.

What's going on in this one? :o

[url]http://img186.imageshack.us/img186/2295/green20devil20glass20cuwq7.th.jpg[/url][url]http://img186.imageshack.us/images/thpix.gif[/url]

:drool:
I've got two Herbos, one reg. and one xl, i only use the xl but i can interchange the two heaters because they are two perfect copies, so i could think about there are maybe some differences on the heater control in the reg. or maybe sm55 palette(i like this word!) is very sensible and needs a regulated heater!
Anyway my opinion is the temp knob is a must for a conoisseur like sm55...i feel that there are some differences in habits between hard tokers and quality vaporists!

max

Out to lunch
or maybe sm55 palette(i like this word!) is very sensible and needs a regulated heater!
Your theory is 'sensible' marcuss, but his palette is 'sensitive'. ;)

Sebastien likes the Tube and recommended the XL version to me, so maybe it's worth the extra $. :shrug: Maybe we can get some clarification from him if he does join the forum.

vtac, I think that wild looking Tube may be a custom job (another question for Seb).

"Our flexibility of work allows us, on receipt of a drawing, to make things to individual requirements either in laboratory glass or decorative glass with a thickness which can vary between 3 mm to 300 mm diameter."

It's definitely a work of art. :drool:

marcuss

above the clouds
Thanks Max for your help to my sensible english!
I'm sure the xl tube worth the extra $ if it out perform the sphere as i'm fully satisfied with it!
I love his short vapor tube that goes direcltly in the water....small glass surface...small oils lost and big taste!

They make an incredible all glass didgeridoo as well....can you imagine the sound?

Top Bottom