Herborizer corner

420Downunder

Here's a better one :brow:
IMG_1046.jpg

420Downunder

SpiralArchitect said:
Wow. That is lovely! :o

So does the Herbo tube even get much use since you already have so much nice glass?
Thanks :) The sphere hasn't been used since I first put it on the tubes, it's just so damn satisfying being to take big bong rips, I don't miss smoking one little bit which is something I always did with the volcano :rolleyes:

Clear_Dome

Vaporhead
Glass Blower
wtf !!! I think this is the hugest hit I ever seen !!! MIAAMMMM !!!! look soo good !!!

Clear_Dome,

stonemonkey55

Chief Vapor Officer
Manufacturer
Here is how they look like next to each other:

The model I have does not have the variable temperature dial and runs a bit hot for me. My friends love the thick vapor that it produces but I prefer to take lower temperature vrips, so it is a matter of preference. The Herbo heat injector uses GonG joints and aesthetically is very beautiful. It is more of a hands free vaporizer than the VHW. The VHW mimics the ritual of lighting a waterpipe and has the variable heat control built in. For anyone that has tried the standard wand and the hands free wand for the SSV can appreciate the differences in these two approaches. One is easier to use while the other gives you an extra certain degree of control. You can't go wrong with either purchase, aesthetically I prefer the Herbo, functionally, I prefer the VHW.

photo1af6.jpg

marcuss

above the clouds
well done 420Downunder! nice roor man but do you see a different air to vapor ratio from the sphere?I've got the tube also but I still prefer the sphere hits for less air in the mix!

marcuss,

stonemonkey55

Chief Vapor Officer
Manufacturer
macruss, I noticed the vapor being thicker in the sphere versus the tube as well. That is why I prefer smaller waterpipes which is counter intuitive when you want to get the biggest hit possible.

420Downunder

I don't find that at all, the hit's are so thick coming out of that spartan even if you take a small hit and hold it as long as possible you still blow out a cloud of thick vapor that's so close to looking like smoke it's not funny but there's definately no burning going on.

420Downunder,

stonemonkey55

Chief Vapor Officer
Manufacturer
i was more referring to the technique if you were to just take one big hit, versus milking the vapor into the tube, and then clearing it later. If you milk it first, then hit it, the vapor should be the same thickness. If you milk it and inhale all in one lungful, then obviously, the vapor would be mixed with the air that was already in the cylinder. I prefer the smaller glass pieces cause I think I get a better concentration of the flavanoids, but thats just my hypothesis

420Downunder

I always used to think the same way with smoking bongs (I always milk and clear in 1 hit) but after getting a large one the actual hits seem to go deeper and hit harder.
That's the beauty of our world though, so many choices of vapes and bong shapes and sizes that everyone can find something they like and that's the most important thing of all, whatever works for you the individual :cool:

youdontknowme

I know they make the Herbo Spheres able to be used hands-free
vaporizer-sphereXL2.jpg

also: pic vid

But I was planning on getting mine from Azarius and just heard back from them; they don't carry the hose, adapter, or mouthpiece. Herborizer.com obviously needs to update their webpage, since the English version doesn't mention the XLs but the French version doesn't list any accessories (like the hose).

Herbo Sphere owners with the hands-free hose setup: where'd ya get it, and how much did ya pay?

stonemonkey55

Chief Vapor Officer
Manufacturer
Not trying to tell you what the right way and the wrong way to vape is but the beauty of the Herborizer is that it doesn?t need the use of any tubing and has the all glass vaporizer set up. With the whip attachment, it is basically a SSV or any other whip based vaporizer. My sphere came with a glass mouthpiece and it is still hands free, it just doesn?t have the flexibility of a hose, but doesn?t alter the taste at all. Hope this helps in your decision making

youdontknowme

It certainly doesn't look as convenient to hit with the little glass rod as a mouthpiece, it seems like an awkward setup. I think I would enjoy having a whip and I'm not really a "glass purist." Both the Herbo and the SSV are considered better at producing vapor than a VB, but do you think there isn't a significant quality difference between SSV+water or ice chamber vapor and Herbo XL vapor?

stonemonkey55

Chief Vapor Officer
Manufacturer
That?s a good question, since you said that you aren?t a glass purist, now I have a better perspective to answer your question. About 3-4 months ago, when I got my SSV and hooked it up to my 7th floor hand bubbler, I pretty proclaimed that it was ?almost? as good as the Herbo, the only drawback was the hose. The Herbo?s heating element is also ceramic but then encapsulated in stainless steel, in theory, it should hold it?s temperature better than the naked ceramic on the SSV. If you were to judge which one is better based on the ?thickness? or ?size? of the hit (with all things being equal, draw speed, draw quantity, etc etc) then I would say they are on par with each other.

Where the Herbo takes the lead is being a bit more forgiving on draw speed. What I mean by this is when I hit my SSV super hard, I can cool off the heating element enough where I get whispy vapors, whereas the Herbo seems to hold it?s heat better and can give you similar thickness despite the speed that you hit it. Some people like the fact that you can adjust the type of vapor you get based on speed, but I prefer to know that my vapor is staying constant regardless of the inhale speed I am using.

Performance issues aside, if you want to get the Herbo cause it looks cool, you definitely won?t be disappointed either. But if you have a whip based vape already, it?d be nice to have a different type of vape, just to get a different feel. Although I have my favorites, I still like to cycle through my different vapes for variety. I guess it?s kinda like, if you already have a sports car (whip vape) do you want another similar sports car or do you want a motorcycle instead (any other vape). I'd rather have a sports car and motorcycle, but that's just me. Some people are sports car enthusiasts and just want sports cars too...

hi, anyone seen herbo's temp controller for sale? i can't find it anywhere.
i think of buying XL version accessories without the main body. i'd like to have some smaller.

i'm after something like aromed 4.0 comes with
3199113338_2b7e00e193_m.jpg

or any idea what other temp controller would be compatible with herbo's injector?
the connection looks like a simple jack, there might be some 12V regulator compatible with it.

the other option is to buy a complet XL + aromed's waterfilter, and keep the big one for visitors, but for that i'd prefer the tube model, and couldt't find it with temp control.

marcuss

above the clouds
hi guys...sorry for my long disappearing on this thread...now i'm here again!

800914...IMO if i was you i'd buy a regular Herbo(smaller sphere 500ml) and a temp controller....easy man!
I know the herbo site is still a crap but shortly should be refixed with a better english version...
If you prefer the xl tube take a look to this page:

http://www.herborizer.com/francais/production/vaporisateur/vaporisateur.html

anyway you can always send a mail to Sebastien(seb@herborizer.com) to ask your questions!

marcuss,

marcuss

above the clouds
youdontknowme said:
It certainly doesn't look as convenient to hit with the little glass rod as a mouthpiece, it seems like an awkward setup. I think I would enjoy having a whip and I'm not really a "glass purist." Both the Herbo and the SSV are considered better at producing vapor than a VB, but do you think there isn't a significant quality difference between SSV+water or ice chamber vapor and Herbo XL vapor?
the glass mouthpiece is 20 cm long and it is perfect for a glass experience....i tried the whip method but i still prefer the glass the taste and the shorter way to my lungs.
I've got both and i prefer the herbo for its better efficiency and taste....quality is the most important thing to me when i'm talking about vapes....don't get me wrong!! i really love the SSV for its huge hits but to me the taste turn weird quicker than the herbo for the different heating element.Remember quality is the key!
Hope this can help!:cool:

marcuss,

420Downunder

I've actually encountered a serious issue with mine and need to take pics so I can see if it's a design fault or just a flaw in mine. Where the 2 wires go into the element they have what appears to be some kind of cloth mesh insulation covered in what feels like silicone, this is in the actual airpath, mine has had the silicone degrade and offgassng a white film on the surrounding glass and the material has frayed, naturally I've stopped using it until I take the pic and email the maker :( Hopefully it's just mine and he'll replace it under warranty.
Actually the batteries have finished charging I'll take some pics now.
Ok, these show it pretty well;
Untitled-1-3.jpg

Untitled-2-4.jpg

Untitled-3-5.jpg

Untitled-5-4.jpg

Has anyone who owns one seen this before?

420Downunder,

marcuss

above the clouds
man....i never seen something like this to mine after about a year of usage so i'm quite sure that your unit has something wrong with it!!
The only thing to do is send a email with all these pics to Sebastien and ask for a replacement if you still have the warranty.
The brown/yellow on the inner glass is very strange also....actually it is a defective unit to my eyes so do not use it anymore......hope you'll get a new injector as soon as possible!

420Downunder

Yeah I stopped using it as soon as I noticed the white shit. I sent an email to Seb with these photos attached so I guess I'll find out whether or not the warranty means anything if he emails me back today, I'll be sure to post here with his response.

420Downunder,

Progress

'Socratic Existentialist, MD'
Sorry to hear about your situation, 42Downunder. I wish I could offer more help/insight (but have not seen/heard-of what happened to your Herborizer before--"Where the 2 wires go into the element they have what appears to be some kind of cloth mesh insulation covered in what feels like silicone, this is in the actual airpath, mine has had the silicone degrade and offgassng a white film on the surrounding glass and the material has frayed"), nor do i have a great deal of experience with Seb or the Herbo crew. It could possibly help (as well as being fair/considerate) to let Seb know that you intend to report back to a community of vapor enthusiasts to which you belong (as you have been doing since you have had a Herbo of your own to enjoy).

I look foreword to (and appreciate) you posting your experiences (good and bad), as they help inform those (like myself) who read them. Also I personally have had an interest in the Herbo since I saw/tried it (and even-more-so since I recently have been able to use an Herbo which has the temperature control dial :tup:).

I hope that you are treated fairly, as well as up-and-running with your Herbo again soon, and that this is a rare problem for Herborizer owners (and Sebastian/the Herborizer Crew, for that matter).

Hopefully you have something else to keep your singing voice clear (and your exhale cloudy) for the time being. ;)

Progress,
Reactions: Chilled.
Top Bottom