Herborizer corner

Alexis

I only meant that I read the dates wrong lol! When I saw the date 03/01/2022 I thought it was March 01. I completely forgot that the states has its own weird way of writing dates compared to the rest of the world. We are taught both ways as kids but I am so used to reading dates as month, day, year that it didn’t occur to me that the real date was January 3. Anyways thanks for pointing out my mistake. I was worried I wouldn’t be able to get parts for my favorite vape
That is another reason for 03/03/2022. I didn't consider that before. Of course. No mistake then, the whole world is on board for the most significant date of the year.

Alexis,

aliexpressvaper

Closed airpath.. what for?
Hi Herbheads
After demolishing my brain over what desktop to go for it finally seems that the Herborizer Ti has grabbed the 1st place. I live in EU so the price and availability is good.
Is there anything else I should consider when buying this unit? Is the extra 100€ price for the DigiTi version worth it?

Shadooz

Is the extra 100€ price for the DigiTi version worth it?
U mean the extra 175€..
mostly only better for cold start, and fast back to back (just have to heatsoak the bowl a bit for the second draw with the TI.)

Is there anything else I should consider when buying this unit?

A brush and a toothpick are the only lack.
The storz&B one have the metal which can scratch, not the best, but do the job.
I'v tried to found a perfect fit "toilet brush", still have not found the one.. :cry: i may will have to try tinder..

images

Here is my President :rofl: :evil:

Last edited:

Vapordeflor

Hey @aliexpressvaper
First of all congrats on your choice! You will be able to feel an amazing profile of flavor and also you will get to very high altitude with this unit:wave: :worms:
Regarding your concerns, I only own the DigiTi so other members may answer aswell. With the DigiTi you can’t detach the cable from the heater unit as mentioned in this thread, not saying this is an pro or a con as the maker may have decided that on the newer model for a reason.
I will buy some spares while buying a new Herbo but I don’t find necessary at all buying Herbo glasspieces as mentioned earlier in this thread. I bought: spare bowl 1x (should have gone with 2x), spare glass inyector 1x (same story), spare screens, sherclock piece to be used as stand (a must) and vaporpath, I also bought spare orings for the inyector section but have not needed those in 3 years of daily use.
Enjoy your beast and check this nice thread for usage tips! :peace:

madhockeydad

Art is beauty
I have both but honestly I like the regular Ti better. Yes the digiTi heats up faster - 1 vs 5 minutes. To me no big deal.

I find the Ti holds constant output better when I draw while the digiTi will drop temp more. On the digital scale it’ll be down 20 to 30 degrees F.

also with the Ti the cable can be unplugged from the nail making it more convenient.

Both work great. Same flavor. I prefer old school analog as well and cheaper.

Alexis

I find the Ti holds constant output better when I draw while the digiTi will drop temp more. On the digital scale it’ll be down 20 to 30 degrees F.
I was dispute this and still suggest that the opposite is actually the case because the digital version is simply a more powerful heater which responds faster with a more accurate thermocouple so I cannot see any way that the analog model with a less powerful less responsive heater could possibly Kickin as fast to compensate and recover the heat drop during an installation which is not exactly a loss of heat it's a transference from the titanium into the bowl system and load so I don't think anything is actually lost or dropped as it appears and it recovers so quickly.

I don't believe the analog can hold heat more durmg a draw, and kick back up sooner.

because you can SEE the heat drop, t maybe created a feeling it is that way?

I don't feel it is myself?

madhockeydad

Art is beauty
Hi

I don't know what the difference in the actual heaters are and so the digiTi may have a strong heater. That's one part of the equation. The other is the power supply. For the Ti - it's an analog supply that varies the voltage but it has a set single output voltage. In this regard, I would expect the digiTi with the PID to perform better because the algorithm in the PID should cause the output to increase as the temp decreases at the nail.

I agree with all that in principle but what I find for my draw is that the PID doesn't drive the increase in temperature until after my draw. I think I have a slower and a bit longer draw - but I haven't compared it with anyone else - I'm certainly don't do massive hits. I have other PIDs that respond more quickly but they are a different pin out. I'm also not claiming that this impacts others - it's just for me the analog does hold a more constant temp even if the heater in the nail is less powerful.

I don't have any data on what heaters are used so I can't comment on that front.

I do agree that my advice is subjective and I don't have precise data measurements. Full disclaimer!! LOLOLOL

Shadooz

I would expect the digiTi with the PID to perform better because the algorithm in the PID should cause the output to increase as the temp decreases at the nail.
Already discussed on that..
And Already said how to tweak it...
Increase your P, even your D, reduce the I. but with the break (20°) the draw bring, D is useless anyway. (Usefull for both way system, we'r not orienting a skyrocket...)

The lack of reactivity is only mostly visual, numerical.
Heavy titanium have their own thermal capacity.

Only the Digiti is "reactive" after a draw, the TI will not.

So

their capacity is more than one draw, even for the fattest pig.. (and i was a champion to kill bong when smoking..)

Last edited:

madhockeydad

Art is beauty
Lol. Thanks Shadooz. That’s why I stated “subjective”. I haven’t done the engineering analysis and honestly there are many variables at play affecting the temperature. Plus I didn’t really measure the thermal mass of the two. I suspect there is probably little thermal performance difference at a precise level. But again I’m not sure. I do love learning more.

Texus

Hi

I don't know what the difference in the actual heaters are and so the digiTi may have a strong heater. That's one part of the equation. The other is the power supply. For the Ti - it's an analog supply that varies the voltage but it has a set single output voltage. In this regard, I would expect the digiTi with the PID to perform better because the algorithm in the PID should cause the output to increase as the temp decreases at the nail.

I agree with all that in principle but what I find for my draw is that the PID doesn't drive the increase in temperature until after my draw. I think I have a slower and a bit longer draw - but I haven't compared it with anyone else - I'm certainly don't do massive hits. I have other PIDs that respond more quickly but they are a different pin out. I'm also not claiming that this impacts others - it's just for me the analog does hold a more constant temp even if the heater in the nail is less powerful.

I don't have any data on what heaters are used so I can't comment on that front.

I do agree that my advice is subjective and I don't have precise data measurements. Full disclaimer!! LOLOLOL
I'll try to pull out my Terpometer to measure temp drop on my Ti. But yes, I love love love the detachable cable in my setup. Which is susceptible to cord being caught on things etc.

Just couldn't see anything that justified the Digital markup for me.

Alexis

Hi

You are more qualified by position and experience than myself to have an opinion, observation of this, so your report is not disputed.

just questions of why?

DigiTi, I feel it is responding instantly to heat drop during an inhalation.

it's like catching slack though.

The device is very efficient at channelling the heat in venturi manner through the load, so free flowing and optimised with the open flow as part of the design.

Greater restriction, maybe less PID temp drop.

Myself, I never saw it as a problem, just observed it.

15-20 C I take long draws too, don't hold long, release gently, the PID is back at set temp before I have exhaled, I can tell it is just waiting for me to stop pulling to climb back, the split second I do, it's rising like stretched elastic, almost like it was working harder to recover temp, but may just be a stable, steady workhorse there.

I have not compared them side by side though.

It does occur to, Digital units not functioning optimally on occasion.
I'm not disputing your experience though.

Very politely and considerately reported too. It's always nice to meet the odd (as in, occasional lol) human about. ;)

madhockeydad

Art is beauty
You are more qualified by position and experience than myself to have an opinion, observation of this, so your report is not disputed.

just questions of why?

DigiTi, I feel it is responding instantly to heat drop during an inhalation.

it's like catching slack though.

The device is very efficient at channelling the heat in venturi manner through the load, so free flowing and optimised with the open flow as part of the design.

Greater restriction, maybe less PID temp drop.

Myself, I never saw it as a problem, just observed it.

15-20 C I take long draws too, don't hold long, release gently, the PID is back at set temp before I have exhaled, I can tell it is just waiting for me to stop pulling to climb back, the split second I do, it's rising like stretched elastic, almost like it was working harder to recover temp, but may just be a stable, steady workhorse there.

I have not compared them side by side though.

It does occur to, Digital units not functioning optimally on occasion.
I'm not disputing your experience though.

Very politely and considerately reported too. It's always nice to meet the odd (as in, occasional lol) human about. ;)
I enjoyed the exchange. Thank you for sharing. Let’s do a Herbo bowl together!!!

JollyGreenGiant

My Ti showed up today - shipping was surprisingly fast from France. Quality seems fair, but nothing great. Now i've got to figure out the right sized pelican case to buy to store this thing and the glass, to make sure it doesn't break.

JollyGreenGiant,
Reactions: Alexis

Alexis

My Ti showed up today - shipping was surprisingly fast from France. Quality seems fair, but nothing great. Now i've got to figure out the right sized pelican case to buy to store this thing and the glass, to make sure it doesn't break.
By quality, I assume you mean pre-use, feel and look of parts?

many have actually been critical of the Herborizer glass pieces over time.

The bubbler mainly, for relatively thin glass and vulnerable joints.

but the glass is annealed like an eggshell though, and more than have, have not uttered discontent.

The Sphere, has fended off all criticism over time.

It's one of the most underrated unique glass pieces out there. It has a unique way of whipping up and cycling the gas. Is real fun to use. Very open. Very stable. And actually very sturdy.

IMO the glass bowls are a lot better in performance, fit and handlng than they have been recognised for.

For me, from May 2017, my only gripe there was the loose edges around the screen in the Ti bowls.

The XL bowl leaves zero edge gap. But really it's no problem. Prob moreso with that super fine dusty weed, mine is all more leafy organic UK outdoor so it's less a bother.

The heater and handle, is fully fit for purpose and very easy to handle.

The joint quality and fitment precision, really is it unbeatable in the vaporizer world.

I assume you have the analogue?

A collective have issued moans over the in their view unnecessary amount and length of cord.

That 1st world luxury never bothered me either. It's actually very handy really.

The DigiTi's real only main limitation design and practical wise, is the very short cord from heater to unit.

I received the first ever Digital unit in 2018. It had an even shorter cord initially.

I lobbied Seb to extend it. I suggested 4.5-5 feet, like the Flowerpot heater cable.

Seb said it could only be extended so far I believe. It's one metre I thiink, up 6 inches from original.

So if you have not used yet, don't let appearances deceive you.

This is a very well designed, built, high quality/performing desktop.

And once you are driving the Ferrari inside, only your ego and those of others give any damn what the vehicle looks like. IMO, but then I am one of those really spiritual type people very immaterial in nature and never drawn to anything aesthetically purely for function and tidiness and I like things to be minimal but that's just me.

Let us know how your experience goes. And enjoy it man.

As far as breaking goes. The bowls are very tough.

Just don't behave like a giant with Parkinsons.

Be carefull with the (bubbler?)

Ift breaks, it breaks. Plenty of others out there.

Just no need for fear here. The worst likely to happen is the glass housing may crack. If daily user, surely will at some point.

3 of those should last a few years and it is cheapish.

However. I did smash tha glass on my Ti glass stand!
I don't break glass often, but life and environmental arrangements are chaotic presently and there is much room for accident and misplacement.

Shadooz

@Alexis :rofl: inspired

The handle is a bit small. I have to put the silicon sleeve half-way only, to increase the lenght.

And once you are driving the Ferrari inside, only your ego and those of others give any damn what the vehicle looks like.
White Plastic sleeve of electric wire aren't the best looking..

But

The joint quality and fitment precision, really is it unbeatable in the vaporizer world.
Is what give its great performance. No airleak, which can become an issue with the wrong bubbler..
My old Mobius, or chinese d020 like, can really decrease its performance.

I Can't talk about their glass... i have 4 bowls, 2 injectors, never broken anything, but i'm not the usual folks..
and my 20$ cobra just kick evrything.. and small enough to fit in a bottle shaker iso bath, always clean in no time:rofl::evil:

madhockeydad

Art is beauty
The only issues I’ve had with the Herbo is me dropping or breaking the glass (seriously hahaha). In fact I dropped and broke a bowl yesterday.

I’ve found the quality to be very good though I don’t like the two piece stand.

some really detailed and information caked posts. Really cool.

JollyGreenGiant

By quality, I assume you mean pre-use, feel and look of parts?

many have actually been critical of the Herborizer glass pieces over time.

The bubbler mainly, for relatively thin glass and vulnerable joints.

but the glass is annealed like an eggshell though, and more than have, have not uttered discontent.

The Sphere, has fended off all criticism over time.

It's one of the most underrated unique glass pieces out there. It has a unique way of whipping up and cycling the gas. Is real fun to use. Very open. Very stable. And actually very sturdy.

IMO the glass bowls are a lot better in performance, fit and handlng than they have been recognised for.

For me, from May 2017, my only gripe there was the loose edges around the screen in the Ti bowls.

The XL bowl leaves zero edge gap. But really it's no problem. Prob moreso with that super fine dusty weed, mine is all more leafy organic UK outdoor so it's less a bother.

I assume you have the analogue?

A collective have issued moans over the in their view unnecessary amount and length of cord.

That 1st world luxury never bothered me either. It's actually very handy really.

The DigiTi's real only main limitation design and practical wise, is the very short cord from heater to unit.

I received the first ever Digital unit in 2018. It had an even shorter cord initially.

I lobbied Seb to extend it. I suggested 4.5-5 feet, like the Flowerpot heater cable.

Seb said it could only be extended so far I believe. It's one metre I thiink, up 6 inches from original.

So if you have not used yet, don't let appearances deceive you.

This is a very well designed, built, high quality/performing desktop.

And once you are driving the Ferrari inside, only your ego and those of others give any damn what the vehicle looks like. IMO, but then I am one of those really spiritual type people very immaterial in nature and never drawn to anything aesthetically purely for function and tidiness and I like things to be minimal but that's just me.

Let us know how your experience goes. And enjoy it man.

As far as breaking goes. The bowls are very tough.

Just don't behave like a giant with Parkinsons.

Be carefull with the (bubbler?)

Ift breaks, it breaks. Plenty of others out there.

Just no need for fear here. The worst likely to happen is the glass housing may crack. If daily user, surely will at some point.

3 of those should last a few years and it is cheapish.

However. I did smash tha glass on my Ti glass stand!
I don't break glass often, but life and environmental arrangements are chaotic presently and there is much room for accident and misplacement.
I have the analogue - simply because the digital was out of stock. Would have preferred the digital though.

In terms of quality - I want to be clear - I’m not saying anything is BAD, or poor quality, merely saying it’s middling/so-so. No element upon close inspection is particularly good, nor bad - it’s just fair. The power supply and regulator should be integrated. It’s basically the titanium head you’re buying - with a bunch of pieced together elements. Again, no complaints (so far) about it, but I don’t think it’s near the quality level of what the Cannabis Hardware kit appears to carry, however there is a material difference in price. I didn’t buy it for the quality - I bought it for the superior flavor folks on this forum alleged it’s boasts above its competition.

Broken record - no complaints or critiques from me (yet) on quality - but at least in pictures and videos, other units from Cannabis Hardware, the hot rod device, etc appear to have higher quality components. Hopefully I’ll get a chance to take it on it’s maiden voyage this weekend. Provided it provides good flavor, extraction in 1-2 hits, and doesn’t fall apart anytime soon, I’ll be a happy camper. With the full kit and accessories I bought - the total cost was less than the TB with the full suite of accessories, so I wasn’t expecting it to be built like a tank.

dimmusp

Yes, this!

I love my Herborizer Ti, but it would be practically perfect if I managed to get rid of the gaps around the screen that sometimes let the herb fall through.

Any advice?

Thanks

dimmusp,
Reactions: BigJr48

madhockeydad

Art is beauty
Yes, this!

I love my Herborizer Ti, but it would be practically perfect if I managed to get rid of the gaps around the screen that sometimes let the herb fall through.

Any advice?

Thanks

i found that a drop down adapter does the trick. The pieces will drop out there and not go into whatever comes next. Works for me.

Also when I put the screen in i go around the edge with a dabbing tool lightly pushing the screen up against the bowl.

Between those two things I have no issues
Grind probably affects this. I use a coarser grind BCG. Large size.

madhockeydad

Art is beauty
I don't own one, yet, but AFAIK most people run it between 4.5 to 6.5 for dry herb, even 7 if you take a fast draw

Yep. I'm a 6!!! Love it right there.

And here i end my divine duty.
On my 666th post.

:rofl::evil:

Have a nice journey u all.
And won't over-pace your self-healing.:myday:

:leaf::wave::leaf:

Hey. I hope you aren't leaving us.

Just got my unit (Ti). I had forgot how good the flavor of my herb can be. This thing is a beast.
What temp are you guys running it at?

I love your comment. I find that no matter where I am in the roast whether it's the first or last hit, the flavor is better in the Herbo than any other vape I've tried.

I own and love the B1. It's a massive improvement over the VROD. I have some Tubo products, log vapes, 510 vapes, etc and out of them all I LOVE the HERBO by miles. I use the others but I live off the Herbo!!! LOLOLOLOL

It's so easy to use and care for as well as hitting like a beast and tasting like a gourmet meal. I keep a small tub of solvent and I drop the bowl in there once a day (I have two bowls and rotate). I let it sit until I need it and it takes about 30 - 40 seconds to clean with a dab q-tip and it's good as new. Once a week or two I pop the screen but keep it in the bowl and clean around the edge. All day long I'm enjoying clean glass with little to no effort.

I'm glad others like this one. I'd like to try a Verdamper - I think that's the only I really want to compare the Herbo with but it's hard to come by in the US. Enjoy

Top Bottom