Herborizer corner

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
I feel like I would only use the flowerpot for concentrate, with flower only as a backup in which case the two flavors probably wouldn't end up really mixing. I'm just not sure if I'd be compromising on the enail side of things for a flower option I might not use very often. Once I start squishing I can't really see wanting to hit flower anyways so it may become even more redundant at that point. I really appreciate the versatility but also realize sometimes things just perform their best when they do one thing exceptionally well. I'm really not into plug in devices at all anymore, being tied down to one vape spot but my ideal device does not exist yet. I really want an enail powered by a small ecig battery, no power cords at all.

invertedisdead,
Reactions: Alexis

Baron23

It's waiting for stock in France so it will be a while, but I can't actually use it with anything other than CBD isolate crystals due to my current break for a few months. Just couldn't turn down the deal that I got! If you are only planning on the FP for herb, then I would seriously just go for the Herbo Ti! I'm 99% flower 1% dab, but will still pick up the concentrate attachment just to have for that 1% :D

The PNW is my favourite part of your country....Montana, Idaho, Washington are sooooo incredibly beautiful and so much fun to drive through! I did alot of work in Missoula, MT and that's my favourite little hippy mountain town. Was pretty easy to score decent bud, and the one pub there called the Rhino had 50 beer taps and one was called "Bong Water" and the tap was an actually bong! How cool is that?
hehehe...yeah, its nice out there. My sister was in Bozeman, MT....beautiful town...and is now in Sandpoint, ID a bit north of CAD (don't ask me to spell it...its something like Couer D'Alene). My plan was to take the Northern Cascade Hwy across WA but its STILL closed for snow so will probably have to take Rt 2 which is also beautiful.

Cheers

Hogni

Honi soit qui mal y pense
Still no decision between Sub, Herb Ti and FP. But after missing the 420 sale of NW and better availability of the french stuff here in Germany I'll probably go with the Herb Ti first.

Probably "Verdampftnochmal" will have a 20% sale on all their vapes mid of June for 14 days, up from the Mary Jane Cannabis Convention in Berlin if they do so like last year.

I'll visit the convention and tell you the promotion code here if it will happen.

A good occasion for giving the Herb Ti a try I think.

Currently they dont have the Herb Ti in stock but they will have the next 2, 3 weeks. Want to test it in comparision to the Sub when in stock.

Regarding concentrates. I can't imagine that the concentrate part will deliver a connoisseur dab because of it's construction. Will work but not with really much joy I guess? But I intend to use the Herb Ti nearly exlusively for herbs. Would try the concentrate part too for just 30 € more. At least it can work as backup.
Hope the Herb Ti can and will work with the HexNail. Up to now sadly no reply at the HexNail thread from @HexNailAva. Someone mentioned it could be problematically because of 12V?

Doktor Dub

Probably "Verdampftnochmal" will have a 20% sale on all their vapes mid of June for 14 days, up from the Mary Jane Cannabis Convention in Berlin if they do so like last year.

Fingers crossed, that would be nearly irresistible :science:. I also think the Concentrate Part can not replace a real eNail, but this will fit my Consumption and i hope it will be ok for the Occasional Dab... i ruled out the Sub for me (too expensive, Material, cleaning, danger of Burning), FP seems good but the TI seems more sympathetic to me and is made in / sent from / serviceable in Europe.

biohacker

Still no decision between Sub, Herb Ti and FP. But after missing the 420 sale of NW and better availability of the french stuff here in Germany I'll probably go with the Herb Ti first.

i ruled out the Sub for me (too expensive, Material, cleaning, danger of Burning),

Herbo Ti all the way. I've ruled the Sub out after using it for a good while, mainly for the reasons stated above. Something about that metal, I just didn't like to feel of the vapour in my lungs, and way too dangerous. I rather break the Herbo glass than burn myself with that scalding metal. Long heatup time as well. Great vape for the hardcore ex-smoker, but not a true connoisseur level device like the Herbo. The FP I still keep my eye on, however I feel it's too similar to the Sub, in form/technique, I don't want to be having to remove the top, or worry about leaving it on too long to affect the load, and also burn risk. Completely apples and oranges IMO, the FP and Sub are way better for concentrates, but i'm a flower guy with the very occasional dab, which I don't mind vaping/mixing with flower or the Herbo concentrate attachment should do the job just fine for me.

Sub days are over for me @Hogni! We've come along ways! FP sounds sick, but just depends on your needs, if you want double deckers, etc. The FP price is definitely a plus and nothing but love for NewVape it seems, which I love to see.

Regarding concentrates. I can't imagine that the concentrate part will deliver a connoisseur dab because of it's construction. Will work but not with really much joy I guess? But I intend to use the Herb Ti nearly exlusively for herbs. Would try the concentrate part too for just 30 € more. At least it can work as backup.
Hope the Herb Ti can and will work with the HexNail. Up to now sadly no reply at the HexNail thread from @HexNailAva. Someone mentioned it could be problematically because of 12V?

The concentrate attachment doesn't seem to be the Herbo's forte, but apparently if you use very tiny dabs, it works which suits me perfectly because even though I have massive lungs and can suck back massive vapour clouds, my lungs just can't handle concentrates the same, I find them very hard on my lungs. So a tiny BB sized dab of rosin would be fine for me, even if it's not connoisseur level extract dabbing. It will be more for novelty and rare usage. So for flower, I feel that the Herbo will blow away the FP and Sub IMO.

That's too bad about the HexNail! That would make the Herbo Ti absolutely incredible! I don't even need the HN, but wish there was a digital controller for the Herbo Ti. The dial is okay I guess, but at this point in the game there really should be some sort of controller like a log vape (Heat Island) has. Aren't those all 12v? Could that be done with the Herbo? Don't need XLR/PID, just a nice little black box with digital output reading.

The Canadian dollar sucks! Just spent another extra $10usd for nothing....I learned that my credit card does a "preauthorization" at the exchange rate at time of purchase, but then once "posted" it takes the rate at that time! Since Trump is fucking up Canada already, our already piss poor dollar just tanked even more, so now @Alexis, we basically paid the exact same amount for our Bubbler Kits, but since i'm across the pond and my shipping cost $32usd more than you, I got the better deal ;) But I will be spreading the word about LaCentraleVapeur.com to all my Canadian friends! Talk about a smart business plan, excel at customer service, even at a loss, and you will be rewarded so much more down the road!

Hopefully Sebastien hooks up the FC family with a 10% off code or something in the summer after his production ramps up. I have a feeling his business is finally going to take off after a decade of hard work!

Hogni

That's too bad about the HexNail! That would make the Herbo Ti absolutely incredible! I don't even need the HN, but wish there was a digital controller for the Herbo Ti. The dial is okay I guess, but at this point in the game there really should be some sort of controller like a log vape (Heat Island) has. Aren't those all 12v? Could that be done with the Herbo? Don't need XLR/PID, just a nice little black box with digital output reading.

Bro, dont know whether it's bad. Just got no reply to my questions regarding the compatibility. Hope it will work. I want still realize a vape station with the HexNail + Liger or D-Nail Halo for concentrates and a HN fired high end device for vaping herbs. Just switching the cables and going for gold. The FP works with the HN but the Herb TI??....
Still an advantage of the FP. Anyway, if VDNM will offer their discount this year again I'll shoot the Herb Ti - at least first ;)

Jazzah

I have 3 things i'd love for those who alrdy own a Ti to test out:

1) In Herb mode, is it possible to reduce airflow by taping the intake holes on the injector shut with a tiny strip of cigarette paper and then puncturing that with a needle, like some have done with the vapcap air intake hole. I'm thinking this will work great but only for a little while as the heat might corrupt the seal or shrivvle/burn the paper

2) I was wondering if it would be possible to make a small reducer, out of non-processed wood, to put inside the herb chamber. Cylindrical on the outside, conical pointing towards the bottom on the inside, as a way of making microdosing easier, by forcing all the air (or at least most of it, since wood wont give anything like a perfect seal ofcourse) through a smaller opening that will by itself (because of its conical shape) force the tiny bit of material to be in the right spot.

3) Most excited about this one. To anyone with an 18mm enail attachement. Is it possible to put the glass enail attachement with the heating element in it on the herb chamber, and do a double decker (herb and concentrate) that way, possibly with a carb of some sorts to reduce the air intake to the enail after depositing the oil on the heating element.

Looking forward to the answers

Last edited:
Jazzah,
Reactions: Joaon

MrMonss

Yeppa,

1). This may work, but not with cigarette paper, or only one session and without preheating, this solution works on the vapcap because the location of the hole does not heat up. Here this part quickly becomes burning to the touch. I tried to play with the air flow on enail glassware, it's simpler because more accessible, only one hole and wider, but the cost is not worth the rendering in my opinion (hands free, difference not huge). To test but with something else (a viton join of good format should fit better).

2). I use cartridges (the Focus Vape ones, second generation with screw thread) to vape hash, it works, even very well. To be developed by decreasing the air flow because the resin cartridges do not occupy the whole diameter of the bowl.
These cartridges (or others of adequate format) are really practical, otherwise the original grids of the TI deteriorate very quickly with hashish.

3). Yes, it's possible by increasing the temperature, logic since the heating element is located further and the air more open (good idea the carb).

vapmanjoe

I'll visit the convention and tell you the promotion code here if it will happen.

A good occasion for giving the Herb Ti a try I think.

Currently they dont have the Herb Ti in stock but they will have the next 2, 3 weeks. Want to test it in comparision to the Sub when in stock.

I would like to visit the convention too :wave:, but not sure yet if i will have time for a short trip to berlin
I have contacted verdampftnochmal too and they told me also that they plan to have them on stock in about 3 weeks :drool:

vapmanjoe,

Hogni

Hey Joe, drop me a line if you'll come. Guess I will be there at Saturday. Would be nice to meet some guys from FC. There are some others who intend to come.

Same info I got from VDNM 3 weeks ago. Guess delay depends on Sebastien. Devices are out of stock at Herborizer since some weeks too. May be some issues with his suppliers?

Hogni

Whatever...it isn't in stock since a few weeks. Maybe Joan or PPN have more infos?

Anyway, just important it's available mid of June again ;) ...before my break :(

The Beagle

Bubbles & Bags
In Herb mode, is it possible to reduce airflow by taping the intake holes on the injector shut with a tiny strip of cigarette paper and then puncturing that with a needle, like some have done with the vapcap air intake hole.

How many intake holes does the Ti have?
On my XL I can do the same thing with my hand on the top injector hole or with a piece of paper/thin cardboard Verdamper style.

The Beagle,

Joaon

I wonder if he didn't expect such a surge in sales with the Ti?
Whatever...it isn't in stock since a few weeks. Maybe Joan or PPN have more infos?
-> 13 Avril 2017, Page 39
There was just more orders than planned, Sebastien is out of Ti !
He is working to restock/make units and hope have some by the end of April ;)
No designs changes planned or whatever, just an unexpected rush :D

@Jazzah:
1) I don't find it necessary to cover any intake hole, neither with the XL or Ti.
I've tried several time to cover the top of the XL injector, and it works way better uncovered.
Full slow and deep draw is the key.
After all, Sebastien has not worked, designed and engineered those ones like that for nothing :\

2) I wouldn't put wood in my herb bowl! Never!
And as there is a tapper on the top of the bowl, anything that would get in couldn't seal, and air will travel thru AND around your wood piece. My tip? Get a Ti and try it as it is :cool:
Even with .03g (0.03g ! 30mg!) at 160°C (Dial 4), extraction is very good!
If you want a more powerful/instant/tiny micro dose to be done, crank that b̶i̶t̶c̶h̶ princess
to dial 7 (≈250°C !) and watch it well, because it will be gone in an beat of eyelash!

3) Like this -> ?
tXe5J6J.jpg
I have a 14mm version so I can't try. Looking forward to hear more about this

How many intake holes does the Ti have?
The heater glass housing for herbs have two intake holes, and there is one big carb hole on the nail one.

Last edited:

biohacker

I don't find it necessary to cover any intake hole, neither with the XL or Ti.
I've tried several time to cover the top of the XL injector, and it works way better uncovered.
Full slow and deep draw is the key.
After all, Sebastien has not worked, designed and engineered those ones like that for nothing :\

Not sure about the Ti, but I disagree with the XL. When I tried @lazylathe it was a night and day difference when he plugged the top of the injector with a small homemade silicone piece. I couldn't even use the vape without it, but with it the clouds started to pour nicely. And I have been using vaporizers for a while now, and know how to draw slow and long as I have massive lungs. I was hoping that the Ti would not have as much of an open flow as the XL, but even if it does i'm sure it will be okay due to the more compact bowl size and efficiency.

BTW is there any warranty on the heat cartridge? Guess performance will slowly go down with time same as the heater of the Sub (2-4 years)?

Great question! I never even considered it, but I assume that it would be the standard 1 year? Regardless, I know how much of a class act Sebastien is, and i'm certain he will never leave anyone hanging.

Isn't it kinda cool that the only thing that would need warranty would be the injector or temp controller? Since everything else is glass, it's user error for that stuff! lol I just hope the little handle doesn't break off like i've heard reports about.

Joaon

Not sure about the Ti, but I disagree with the XL. When I tried @lazylathe it was a night and day difference when he plugged the top of the injector with a small homemade silicone piece. I couldn't even use the vape without it, but with it the clouds started to pour nicely.

@latulipe999 , what do you think about that?
Because I always wanted to do it Verdamper style, but never figured to make it work like that!
Per contra, I leave it full open, and draw deeply but with conviction, to make the injector 'whistle'.
That's my cue. When the top of the XL injector make a tiny whistle sound, it is the right draw technique,
and clouds are coming.
In fact, we manage to milk the XL pretty well, isn't it latulippe? :lol:

is there any warranty on the heat cartridge?
I don't think so, it would be clear stated, but we may be able to order a spare cartridge without Ti heater? I'll ask that! Good point !

Last edited:

biohacker

In fact, we manage to milk the XL pretty well, isn't it latulippe? :lol:

Maybe with a fuck tonne of product, but i'm talking modest loads here, not micro, but not 1/2 gram either. I've said it before, and others understand - TOO MUCH airflow isn't always a good thing. I will not be commenting on this further. Just stating my opinion and experience.

biohacker,

Joaon

Whatever you say :peace: Agree to disagree
I was just reading you signature, and understand better now :cool:
If you read a little this thread, you know I'm not either a macro doser.
The XL works well the way it have been designed, and the Ti even better.
There is no 'fuck tonne' of product neither fanboyism involved.

Last edited:
Joaon,

biohacker

I didn't call you a fanboy, and I very much welcome and would love nothing more than a video showing a micro dose in the XL with it being milked pretty well. I look forward to it! Not enough Heborizer videos out there!

Joaon

I didn't said you called me a fanboy, I just stated my knowing of your signature and fanboyism crusade!
And I didn't said either the XL is a micro doser, but sure there is some nice clouds with .1g, we will try to make a video next time.
I've just turned on my XL (for science, ya know!), and I can't figure to make any vapor with the top plugged.. Could you try to make a video as well?
And have you tried the 'whistle sound' technique ? :myday:

Last edited:
Joaon,
Top Bottom