herbalAire Elite

biohacker

As the former owner of a Herbie, it is one hell of a device, and probably the best vaporizer on the market at the moment IMO. That doesn't mean I don't think it's overpriced. I have found the HAelite for $299cdn plus tax which is pretty decent, I just need to confirm if they will honour the money back guarantee like the company does (if purchased through the company I assume).

mikek9

Vapor Enthusiast
Salutations everybody,

This is to comment the balloon accessory.

s599715827640600789_p18_i1_w320.jpeg

Shouldn't the flexible fingers end up INSIDE once done with this installation?

:peace:

Nope, they remain on the outside.

@biohacker - I'm taking my time with this one. I had a great bag session last night...this thing produces really nice, milky bags! I've also used it on a bubbler and with a VXL dry tube. All good times with good effects. With a vape this versatile it can take some time to get to know it well enough to speak to it.

But the real reason I am going slow on it is because of how different it is. It's a vape that doesn't require a grind and tops out at 400F. Think about that for a minute, because I've been thinking about it for a while. It goes against what a lot of us think is ideal, but could we be wrong? @nicelytoasted has used the HA more than anyone I know and is also an air flow scientist. The guy knows his shit and makes a really good argument for this being a better way to vape.

At this point all I feel comfortable saying is that something is going on here that is worth really looking into. The hits I am getting at high temp on this unit with unground nugs are very smooth and comforting. I am convinced that not grinding gives tastier, stronger bud, but I didn't think it would contribute to the smoothness of the hits as well.

This thing can be used a multitude of ways, btw, including grinding, not grinding, bag or whip. And the mouthpiece is a TonG that fits 14mm and 18mm glass. If I come around to the HA way of thinking, I will start doing the Pepsi Challenge with this vape and others set at the same temps using unground nugs to see how transferable the concept is.

I believe the hits are tastier with unground nugs because you haven't torn into the plant's cellular walls exposing the starches, waxes and other compounds like you do with grinding.

The same principle goes for oil extraction. When you use who buds without grinding them you get a more firm material or shatter for example. If it is all ground up before extraction it yields a more waxy like substance or a sap like consistency with some give.

Also the flavour is much more pure and clean with nug run oil.

I think it's the same concept since they are both essentially extractions. One is hot air the other is chemical

As the former owner of a Herbie, it is one hell of a device, and probably the best vaporizer on the market at the moment IMO. That doesn't mean I don't think it's overpriced. I have found the HAelite for $299cdn plus tax which is pretty decent, I just need to confirm if they will honour the money back guarantee like the company does (if purchased through the company I assume).

I think the money back guarantee is only with the company directly.

Last edited:

Poostuff

Please delete
I almost bought one of these on a whim the other day. Sure I could get it $100 cheaper with a better warranty online but I had the box in my hands & I came pretty close.
Not really interested in the bags but I'd like to try the crucible with the new WT adapter. Does anyone use it that way I've never read any feedback on that?
Anyway I saved my cash, I'd rather buy online & I'm keen on a sub anyway, but this thing looks interesting & if it pairs well with larger glass pieces I'd definitely be interested.

Poostuff,
Reactions: biohacker

mikek9

Vapor Enthusiast
I almost bought one of these on a whim the other day. Sure I could get it $100 cheaper with a better warranty online but I had the box in my hands & I came pretty close.
Not really interested in the bags but I'd like to try the crucible with the new WT adapter. Does anyone use it that way I've never read any feedback on that?
Anyway I saved my cash, I'd rather buy online & I'm keen on a sub anyway, but this thing looks interesting & if it pairs well with larger glass pieces I'd definitely be interested.

It definitely pairs well to glass pieces. Any 14mm or 18mm female connection and the Teflon on Glass (TonG) adapter fits right in. If you are keen to use it with larger glass pieces then this will work just fine.

I personally and strongly recommend the bag system. I am not sure why so many people think it isn't ideal. The bag system paired with the pump makes this one of the most efficient extraction systems on the market. The pump adds something to the mix and helps to extract from the unground herb loaded in the chamber.

Although, I was using my Elite with my 18" beaker bong the other day and it worked amazing. I got nice and medicated off some Royal Medic.

Poostuff

Please delete
Cheers thanks for that mikek9 I'm sure the bag system is good I was simply interested in it's other features because I have a bag vape & I'm not after another one at the moment.

mikek9

Vapor Enthusiast
Cheers thanks for that mikek9 I'm sure the bag system is good I was simply interested in it's other features because I have a bag vape & I'm not after another one at the moment.

what bag vape are you currently using?

the herbalAire really outperforms other vapes on the market with its bag system. that was essentially all I wanted to point out. chances are, once you try the bag system on the herbal aire, you will pack away whatever other bag vape you have.

personally, I connect the bags to my glass water piece if I am feeling creative. the mouthpiece fits inside my bong and allows me to clear a full bag in one bong hit. this allows me to use the unit with my glass while getting the efficiency of the bag extraction system.

however, as you are wondering, there are tons of options for connecting the herbal aire to your glass. The Elite comes ready to go with the mouthpiece fitting directly into a 14mm/18mm glass connection perfectly. you do sort of have to hold it in place because it tends to sit loose otherwise. you can really shove it in there, but as the mouthpiece heats up it will get it stuck in the glass. not a problem really because you just wait for it to cool down, just a few minutes and it pops right out with ease.

I was surprised with how I was able to get reasonably medicated just using it with my glass. If you want really milky hits, it is best to grind your material slightly as this will give you ultra cloudy hits. you don't need to grind though, it will extract everything from unground material and even give more flavourful hits.

alecsys

what bag vape are you currently using?

chances are, once you try the bag system on the herbal aire, you will pack away whatever other bag vape you have.

Let's see, today I have ordered my elite . the bag systems I have here atm is a Volcano Digit and an Arizer EQ. The EQ I use hardly any.

how does the ha elite work with pressed hash? did anyone tried it out already?

mikek9

Vapor Enthusiast
Let's see, today I have ordered my elite . the bag systems I have here atm is a Volcano Digit and an Arizer EQ. The EQ I use hardly any.

how does the ha elite work with pressed hash? did anyone tried it out already?

check out the herbal aire review in the resource section. there is a how-to guide that explains how to get the most out of your unit and get those milky hits everyone is looking for.

biohacker

Two months and this thread is still a ghost town!? I guess all the action is in the 2.2 thread only?

Anyone else with an Elite care to chime in, specifically those coming from a 2.1 or 2.2?

biohacker,

mikek9

Vapor Enthusiast
Two months and this thread is still a ghost town!? I guess all the action is in the 2.2 thread only?

Anyone else with an Elite care to chime in, specifically those coming from a 2.1 or 2.2?

Thought I should reply since nobody else did :) This thread does definitely seem to be pretty dead and many elite owners and elite based discussions end up in the H2.2 thread.

I am really happy with the Elite. The digital temperature control is nice and accurate and it heats up really fast, but so does the H2.2. Pretty much everything I have to say about the elite can be found in the elite review I posted in the resources section.

Depending on what your primary use will be might help you determine which Vape you wantr. See, I'm a bags guy so that's what I am most concerned about. I think I remember reading that you wanted to use it exclusively with glass? For that purpose the elite has the TonG integrated into the standard mouthpiece and it allows you to use the crucible with it. The H2.2 Tong is meant for use without a crucible. This isn't something that affects performance or anything though, more just a preference of some. The integration of the pump control and power supply in the main unit is also a great feature. But if you won't be using the pump then this feature may not be as important to you as it is to me.

biohacker

Thanks! I did read your reviews - fantastic job BTW.... I am definitely a glass guy and don't care for bags. So with the Elite the crucible goes in the mouthpiece? And how is the 2.2 used without crucible? Direct in heater bowl?

biohacker,

mikek9

Vapor Enthusiast
Thanks! I did read your reviews - fantastic job BTW.... I am definitely a glass guy and don't care for bags. So with the Elite the crucible goes in the mouthpiece? And how is the 2.2 used without crucible? Direct in heater bowl?

Yes the crucible attaches to the mouthpiece, sort of just snaps on, and is inserted into the herbalAire. Then removal is a snap as you pull out the mouthpiece and the crucible comes out with it. Makes handling hot crucibles a breeze. You even get a little Teflon sleeve that allows you to insert the hot crucible and snap it off without burning your fingers. The sleeve is the bottom piece in the picture below.

s599715827640600789_p16_i2_w1280.jpeg

And yes, the H2.2 is used by placing your load directly in the heating chamber without a crucible.

biohacker

What are the pros and cons to each system in your experiences? Still having a hard time figuring out which option to pull the trigger on (i'm sure you saw in the other thread).

biohacker,

mikek9

Vapor Enthusiast
What are the pros and cons to each system in your experiences? Still having a hard time figuring out which option to pull the trigger on (i'm sure you saw in the other thread).

yeah, it can be a tough decision because they are both great units. one thing for certain is no matter which one you go with you will be getting the same quality extraction. that helps and also doesn't help because if one was better it would be an easier choice.

herbalAire has a handy quide on their website that gives a comparison between the two:

http://www.herbalaire.com/elite-or-h22.html

I don't know how much that helps. I wish this thread had some more active posters, but I don't think as many people watch this thread as they do the H2.2 one.

biohacker

Yeah that's the way it looks.... i'll have to finish reading the 2.2 thread, and then make my decision. Honestly, if I fall for one or the other, I will be picking up the other one to compliment so I have both styles anyway. I'm OCD that way!

biohacker,
Reactions: lazylathe

StormyPinkness

Rhymenocerous ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ
Yes the crucible attaches to the mouthpiece, sort of just snaps on, and is inserted into the herbalAire. Then removal is a snap as you pull out the mouthpiece and the crucible comes out with it. Makes handling hot crucibles a breeze. You even get a little Teflon sleeve that allows you to insert the hot crucible and snap it off without burning your fingers. The sleeve is the bottom piece in the picture below.

s599715827640600789_p16_i2_w1280.jpeg

And yes, the H2.2 is used by placing your load directly in the heating chamber without a crucible.

I love this design for the crucible. It fixes the main issue of being wobbly and adds a built in tong plus easy hot crucible handling. Less conduction too I would think.

Tommy10

I bought the elite, the timer is good for bags but knowing how little I knew bags now I would have been just as happy with the original and a gong, but alls good wasn't much of s orice difference and the stock mp on the elite attaches to water perfectly. Read the other thread, decide if you can justify the aditional features of the elite and go from there.

Tommy10

Playing around with my ha elite to get change it from Celsius (imperial is meaningless here in Australia except for literally Fahrenheit for vaping and weight of green). Having got to learn about vaping with Fahrenheit I don't like the Celsius. I noticed I got it to calibrate mode and added +10. Does this mean the heater will be running +10 hotter? If so, will putting it on celcius make it run 10c hotter?
Strange question I know, but Google offered no help and no user manual.

biohacker

Great milk shot thank you so much for posting it! I've decided to go with the Elite over the 2.2 when I do pull the trigger (need to sell EQ first) and this video definitely helps ease any apprehensions I have regarding cloudage!

I can't ever imagine doing a .4g load though...... can I get a decent clouds out of .1g in the HAe like I do in my Solo/gong? .1g can keep going and going and going for me in the Solo, and i'm hoping to be able to replicate that with the HAe?

biohacker,

Tommy10

Had you in mind when I made it! Haha. You can use your solo gong in the elite and it should work the same just with more horse power. If you have a couple screens you can easily get good clouds from .2 and maybe .1 but that's getting pretty small for the big bowl. Someone showed a post where you move the crucible bottom screen to reduce the bowl size, can't try because I lost mine. Will try later with just my Arizer air short plastic tipped stem, not as air tight as a gong. (I'm buying a solo shorty gong to use on my HA and maybe my solo if I ever get it back) for small bowl Vapor bong sessions

The gong and stem don't sit in tight but doesn't seem to matter. There would be a n easy diy fix.

Last edited:

biohacker

That's awesome!!! I can use my Solo gong's?? That would be a game changer for me right there! I'm presently trying to get PV to make me a bunch of gong's as well....shorty and turbo included! That's great to hear that performance is unaffected by the looser fit, but that's probably better than too tight - like some of the issues i've read about PV's HA gong....but that may have changed by now, i'll ask PV straight up.

You're getting my stoke back up on this @Tommy10 ! Just wish more people owned the HA/HAe as both threads are too quiet! HA should should advertise more!

biohacker,
Top Bottom