Herb Grinders

George1151

Does this suggest that it is a known problem, that has been rectified on newer models????

I wonder if mine will do it???

It will be interesting to see if you spot any differences that may have been done to cure the issue....

Good question. I too wonder if my unit is defective or if it's a design issue. Since most people here have not had this issue hopefully the replacement unit will not unscrew with use.

DrHermman

Here you go @FlyingLow !!
Sorry for the quality but I am a bit in a rush...

Q1M1UrE.jpg

gWNSgbN.jpg

zHFpNoo.jpg

The kief in the last pic corresponds to the last 2 gs i've runned through the grinder. I have no scale, so can't talk about figures... Although it will vary depending on the material of course (mine is not that special).
I froze the grinder for some minutes and shaked it after the last grinding (I am running low these days), so this kief is a little greener than the one I collected before without the freezing step. Anyways I am happy with the kief production... and potency :cool:

Hope the pics help out, I'd be able to take some more if necessary ;)

Peace!

subway13029

I get pretty good material and my kief production isnt that much^^ with the gr8tr..but im sure its subject to how we gri d and he said he froze his..its very nice grinder. Fluffy and even grind.

subway13029,
Reactions: DrHermman

DrHermman

I get pretty good material and my kief production isnt that much^^ with the gr8tr..but im sure its subject to how we gri d and he said he froze his..its very nice grinder. Fluffy and even grind.

Yeah... That's probably because I shake my grinders a lot... :brow:

I know the freezing and extra shaking affects the quality, but I use the kief as my "reserve stash" for when the lean season comes, and it works pretty well :haw:

As I posted before I am using a little brush now and then, to clean the chambers and collect the grinded material... and I've also been using exclusively the fine grinding plate, so I can imagine all that affecting kief production? :sherlock:

As you can see I am pretty happy with mine, so hope @kellya86 likes his and @George1151 gets the new one soon and can tell us all if there are any differences ;)

Peace!

George1151

What does freezing the grinder do? When do you freeze it? If there is ground herb inside doesn't freezing result in condensation?

George1151,
Reactions: DrHermman

DrHermman

I've read that when freezing the material and then shaking it, you are breaking the trichomes that weren't small enough to pass through the screen, being now able to pass to the kief tray and be recollected.
I believe it's a principle also important when working with the famous Ice-O-lator or even other cold extractions (CO2...?).

I've only done it twice with the GR8TR:

- First time grinder was empty, I put it in the freezer it, shook it and then brushed it. I believe a nice amount of kief fell through the screen.

- Second time: I put the grinder in the freezer with 0.2-0.3 g of grinded material, shook it and brushed it. Here I noticed more kief falling through the screen, although I did noticed more green material too. I suppose you are also breaking small particles of vegetable matter, so that's why I believe it can diminish the quality (but not sure about this).

Condensation does occur. I just let it sit for a while till it evaporates (it's pretty hot these days around here so no problem).

Peace!

DrHermman,
Reactions: kellya86

Oogendoogan

Had to replace my Sabertooth grinder... Thing is a great grinder for 30 dollars but it doesn't collect kief.. Like none and I know it's the grinder not my material. So I found this thread and finally decided a top tier grinder would be best. I wanted a SC or SCS, but I went with the awesome vape gr8tr. The thing honestly looks steps ahead of other grinders. The way it was described with the storage spot and the ability to come apart and stuff. I really hope it is the last grinder I have to buy for a while lol. Got it for only 49.99 from everyonedoesit.com that included shipping. Thanks for your guys reports and opinions! I will post mine when I recieve :)
Cheers,
Stay vaped :peace::leaf:

Silat

When the Facts Change, I Change My Mind.
The people at Kannastor are great. They are sending me a new GR8TR (clear body) because of the loose grating disk issue. To be clear I could have lived with the issue as it was not that troublesome.

UPDATE:
In less than 48 hours it was all taken care of and I received this letter:

"Thanks Lew!

We will get a replacement out to you as soon as possible. You should receive it in 5-7 business days. If you need anything else from Kannastor feel free to use code SPRING420 at check out at Kannastor.com for 20% off your next purchase (this code is good until the end of June). This code is also good on RYOT.com! Feel free to share this on the forums you are on."

Customer Service

Last edited:

bobbylite

'The clipper' update

Production Update
We have started tumbling!

Once this process is complete we only have to anodize and laser mark the aluminum pieces. During which, the internal stainless steel components will be processed so we can start assembling your grinder right away.

We love lasers

We did some laser marking tests last week and are very happy with the improved quality from our previous prototypes. The final result will have no imperfections.

F1v1CiOahC4D_0F20zq7-up63XYTZTNzIZOnIvjT-wFo_K151fjn0DkDS1KVdsu9FAw4JH2ElU7pztyhNXCni4BIxk6V6g-ALOqqL8UYidmYqjsdTs8QJiQWygj6quGqcM3U76soH1dLKwY0vLrHvsBqQ17-QuCoRpsZdvJpEYnm1QYV=s0-d-e1-ft

Packaging has arrived

We received a large shipment of the boxes we have designed to perfectly package your grinder. These are premium quality and reusable for your storage needs.

jS5as51McHdHbbjCN82zIQbIt8XJQaZz-iy8UMJK1b9pk5-44eSfdrEMs6cb4ifZqtOXRhMCS54HCwGyH1-evSohVsDi57f6s4hkZAnwvVWyQPqrRp7AEV83quca9uNGBYRfwbYCrZsZbvQ9kX9XSjbSVgC8BZY0Lair4u7GSUbCrLU_=s0-d-e1-ft

RkoDI-uL0ZTVnKzBAGG87g5tceZlEWgMqHWD6celuY-SKvqIvTM99AZukPB-0wsVYBlSDteOqEZyMkiw4WlEHHbJfNmbb4ziw70r6t8Kj-16popXPdXWJ0Lii2BVOQcc2_XaIhrjyrczh-gyUeAlP-lne5nay4ZsXoaj4OwdTD9fyz65=s0-d-e1-ft

Shipping Timeline

We understand that you weren't expecting to wait this long for your grinders, and neither were we, but we are working diligently to produce a perfect product that solves all the issues with your current grinder. Due to the production delays we have decided to increase the size of each shipping batch. The first batch of 200 will start shipping in approximately two weeks. The second batch of 800 will start shipping approx. July 1st and the third batch of 1000 will start shipping approx. July 15th. To learn which batch your order will be apart of, you can email Leah at info@lift-innovations.com.

Customer Happiness

We have added a new member to our team to handle all of your requests and concerns. Leah is doing an amazing job of responding to your questions quickly and effectively (much better than I ever did!). Send your questions to info@lift-innovations.com and welcome her to our team!

We appreciate all the support you have given us over the past 28 weeks. It has been an exciting adventure with many challenges and we are very excited to start sending out your orders. The hurdles we face can often be discouraging, so we can't thank you enough for your patience and words of support every time we post an update.

We will continue to update you frequently through production and fulfillment.

Thank you,

Jesse, Matt, and Greg

Team Lift

kellya86

Herb gardener...
My gr8tr should have been here Monday, I don't like waiting for indefinate times...

Where the fuck is my gr8tr???

kellya86,

George1151

In less than 48 hours it was all taken care of and I received this letter:

"Thanks Lew!

We will get a replacement out to you as soon as possible. You should receive it in 5-7 business days. If you need anything else from Kannastor feel free to use code SPRING420 at check out at Kannastor.com for 20% off your next purchase (this code is good until the end of June). This code is also good on RYOT.com! Feel free to share this on the forums you are on."

Customer Service

Living in Canada I was told my replacement would arrive in 2 to 3 weeks. Did you receive a tracking number? I didn't.

George1151,

Oogendoogan

Got my vape gr8tr from everyonedoesit.com. It's the one with the stash on top, small holes for vapor but only one part on the bottom meaning no kief, I guess since the gr8trs have the stash on top it would be a 5 piece if it caught keif... Lol I figured I was good with 4! But it's cool cuz it's completely custamizeable, or so it says so I can grab the bottom part that catches keif at some point i think? Lol whatever this thing is great! Put 2 grams through it and it only took like 5 turns! Easiest Grinder I've ever used.

Silat

Living in Canada I was told my replacement would arrive in 2 to 3 weeks. Did you receive a tracking number? I didn't.

No tracking # but the letter says I will have it within 7 days. We shall see.

Silat,

George1151

WTG!!!!!! Kannastor. Received my replacement Gr8tr today. Contacted them last weekend through web mail and received new grinder today. Never received a tracking number even though it had one. For those of you who are Canadian, it shipped from BC so they have Canadian shipping location.

Haven't tried it yet to see if grinder plates unscrew like my original.

Kudos Kannastor for fast hassle free service.

George1151,
Reactions: Derrrpp

kellya86

Herb gardener...
Still not got my gr8tr, I'm really not happy, I ordered on the 2nd, expected delivery was 6th to 8th....

Contacted seller, and it's on its way apparently...

But still no gr8tr.....

kellya86,

Silat

My Kannastor GR8TR replacement arrived yesterday as promised. What great service and they do not want the original back.

Silat,

Stevenski

Enter the Dragon
Top Bottom