Herb Grinders

highendvapes

Manufacturer
Do any of you have the 4 piece space case? I'm wondering if it is true that the screen dosent get clogged up. I have a 5 piece sharpstone, and the screens in that get plugged up constantly. Is it really worth throwing like 90 dollars to get a space case? I REALLY like the non stick on my 2 piece space case, but I got that for a steal.

highendvapes,

reece

I'll second that. Never clogged. And I wish mine had the purple tint.

reece,

max

Out to lunch
Is it really worth throwing like 90 dollars to get a space case?
After trying out half a dozen brands, including SC, IMO it's not worth it from a performance angle. I can see using our 15% off coupon code at gratefulbuys to get the 2" 4 piece for under $60, but $90? Not me.

max,

Mark

John Brown
Imo the Magic bullet still dominates. I can grind like, so many huge stems from a big plant for oil.
I also got a Chromium Crusher forever ago, any ideas on how to put a new kief screen in?

Mark,

masejl12

I use a CC first then I use scissors to get it real fine, works perfectly, there is no way I would pay $60 or $90 on a grinder, that's money I could spend on herb. Like Mark said with the magic bullet, its great but I only use it for lows or mids when I buy in quantity, otherwise it gets plenty use for smoothies :D.

masejl12,

aterphasma

I'm interested in seeing some close up pictures of the grind produced from one of those Cosmic grinders. The one review SA posted looked like it ground the herb pretty finely, but before I blow $80 one one of them (I really love the angled sides of the 3-1/2" Cosmic, so yeah I'm going to drop $80 on it) I need to see some more pics. I know somebody on this forum got one and I'm curious if it grinds fine enough for vaping since it has such large holes.

Any pictures available?

aterphasma,

exdmd

I've been using a two inch Space Case 2 piece black titanium grinder I got off ebay for $30. REALLY well made and finished and I get a nice fine grind works well in the stems for my Mytrlezap.

exdmd,

max

Out to lunch
aterphasma said:
I'm interested in seeing some close up pictures of the grind produced from one of those Cosmic grinders. The one review SA posted looked like it ground the herb pretty finely, but before I blow $80 one one of them (I really love the angled sides of the 3-1/2" Cosmic, so yeah I'm going to drop $80 on it) I need to see some more pics. I know somebody on this forum got one and I'm curious if it grinds fine enough for vaping since it has such large holes.

Any pictures available?
I've got the smallest Cosmic (1.5" diameter) and there's more hole space than metal in the bottom grind section. I've used the 2" size as well. I'd say it gives a finer grind than you'd expect from such large holes, but I bought the small one expecting small holes and a finer grind and was disappointed. Nothing special in the finish either. Typical little rough spots in the threads. The brand is over priced IMO.

max,

digglover

Mark said:
Imo the Magic bullet still dominates. I can grind like, so many huge stems from a big plant for oil.
I also got a Chromium Crusher forever ago, any ideas on how to put a new kief screen in?
If you send a message to grinderprince on ebay he can send you out a whole new screen piece for 4 dollars.

I bought one and poked out the screen and expanded the size of my herb chamber.

digglover,

Lucic77

OK, just finished reading this thread. I have a PD on the way, and already own a SC 4-PC Titanium grinder. I'll try taking the kief catcher off and grind upside down for a bit, then flip it. Hopefully after a 2 sided grind it should be good.

If not, I'll order the SC Scout from Gratefulbuys. Then, I hope my PD grinding will be taken care of.

Thanks for all the trial and error info in this thread!

Lucic77,

usr/share/vape

max said:
I can see using our 15% off coupon code at gratefulbuys to get the 2" 4 piece for under $60, but $90? Not me.
Where do new users go to find out about these offers? Stuff like what coupons are available and for who...

usr/share/vape,

usr/share/vape

Please allow me to add to the newb question list here (rather than start a new thread):

I've been using a wooden grinder since before Eve and recently got a 2" 4pc grinder (free w/ purchase). I'd never seen or used a 4pc grinder until a few days ago - it's not for me. As such, I'm looking at 2pc grinders, but it seems the only vendor of 2pc grinders is Space Case. Is that correct?

tia

usr/share/vape,

Lucic77

usr/share/vape said:
Please allow me to add to the newb question list here (rather than start a new thread):

I've been using a wooden grinder since before Eve and recently got a 2" 4pc grinder (free w/ purchase). I'd never seen or used a 4pc grinder until a few days ago - it's not for me. As such, I'm looking at 2pc grinders, but it seems the only vendor of 2pc grinders is Space Case. Is that correct?

tia
No, other brands make 2pc grinders. A lot actually, look around, especially in this thread.

Lucic77,

chucku

Charles Urbane
usr/share/vape said:

tia
Space Case is excellent (and expensive) but hardly the only game in town. Other quality brands include Cosmic (made by former Space Case Employees), Chromium Crusher, Mix'n Ball and Sharpstone. There should be 2 piece models of any of these other brands available from ebay, a sponsoring sellers site or your local toy store. Just shop around a little to get the best price unless you absolutely, positively must have it now.

chucku,

usr/share/vape

Lucic77 said:
No, other brands make 2pc grinders. A lot actually, look around, especially in this thread.
Well, I did - right before I posted. I didn't go through all 34 pages of this thread, but all I found was discussion relating to 4pc grinders and whether the screen clogs up...

cheers

usr/share/vape,

usr/share/vape

Thanks chucku. I did look on ebay - the only 2pc grinders I found were from Space Case (warehousegoods aka VapeWorld). Where do I find a list of "sponsoring sellers site"? I'm new here and I haven't seen that yet. I don't have a local toy shop, and no, I'm not in a hurry. However, I don't want to spend $5000 worth of my time finding a better deal on a $40 item. :)

cheers

usr/share/vape,

chucku

Charles Urbane
usr/share/vape said:
Thanks chucku. I did look on ebay - the only 2pc grinders I found were from Space Case (warehousegoods aka VapeWorld). Where do I find a list of "sponsoring sellers site"? I'm new here and I haven't seen that yet. I don't have a local toy shop, and no, I'm not in a hurry. However, I don't want to spend $5000 worth of my time finding a better deal on a $40 item. :)

cheers
Try here......

http://www.fuckcombustion.com/viewtopic.php?id=334&p=1

.......and if Space Case is all you can find, you will not be disappointed.

chucku,

Psychonautics

My buddy owns a 4 piece Space Case,
I have many 4 piece Sharpstones.

We have both come to the conclusion that Space Case is NOT worth shelling out that much for.
Our :2c: :/

Psychonautics,

usr/share/vape

Yea, there certainly is a lot of competition in the 4pc grinder market. However, there just isn't that much selection in the 2pc market. Space Case and Chromium (thanks chucku) are the only two I've found...

The Chromium unit is much better priced, however, VapeWorld carriers the Space Case and I'm about to order another Buddha so I should be able to "upgrade" from the free 2" 4pc grinder to the larger 2pc Space Case for about the same deniro as the Chromium unit, and, not have to place two orders at two different vendors. It's never simple... :)

cheers

usr/share/vape,

Hennessy1414

Terrorist
Got my 4pc. aerospace from vapeworld recently :brow: http://www.vapeworld.com/herb-grind...grinders/aerospace-pollen-grinder-medium-63mm

Here's the deal...My grinder recently vanished (R.I.P. Chromium crusher, mounds of kief) and the vapeworld contest just so happened to be ending.
I saw that lwien won that grinder^, but on acceptance of his 3rd place prize, he graciously declined stating that he already owned a grinder that fit his needs excellently. I mailed him and told him about my situation of my grinder disappearing. It wasn't lost, stolen or misplaced, but it simply vanished from this earth. Don't ask me how or why...I tore my house apart for a good 12 hours.
Got mail back from Chris over at vapeworld and the grinder biz. was good to go. Thanks so much lwien and chris...yall saved my ass.

...now on to the review of this grinder. From my days of use on this thing so far I have this to say: Don't get this grinder! Within two days of normal use (I treat all things quite delicately, seeing as I own a VHW) the grinder started to shred off aluminum shards from the threads. I was VERY surprised by this and plucked the tiny metal fibers off the threads. What the fuck is up with that? :shrug: I mean I have used a cosmic (those are also aluminum) and it wouldn't even think to EVER shred like this thing was doing. Lets hope it doesn't grind away the teeth now! :o

Grind quality is low, keif screen is so so and it weighs a tad more then my old chromium crusher.

~Get a sharpstone if you are dead broke
~Find a chromium crusher if you want to spend minimal and get the most for your dollar (v.2 of the crushers)
~Get a space case if you want high class
~Acquire a Cosmic and spend less on it compared to a space case, yet still retaining the high quality of the blades and magnet

:lol: There was a sticker on the top of the grinder that reads, "made in India 'cnc'" :rolleyes: compare that to the cosmic which reads, "NOT made in china, NO lead, NO toxins" :lol: now that's a sticker

:peace:

Hennessy1414,

chucku

Charles Urbane
Earlier this week I got a small 4 piece Space Case scout ($40.00 from Wheezers Tobacco in Lombard, IL) to grind for my IO, LB and VG. I would have preferred the medium or large but only the small was available. It produces a very fine fluffy grind that works very well with the aforementioned portables. It does have very small holes which contribute to the fine consistency as well as requiring a lot more twisting than my larger Space Case. Storage capacity is limited 2 loads of ground material but since I use a film can for portables storage this should not be an issue and due to its size can only grind small amounts at a time. All said, a very high quality product requiring a bit more effort.

chucku,

Lucic77

chucku said:
Earlier this week I got a small 4 piece Space Case scout ($40.00 from Wheezers Tobacco in Lombard, IL) to grind for my IO, LB and VG. I would have preferred the medium or large but only the small was available. It produces a very fine fluffy grind that works very well with the aforementioned portables. It does have very small holes which contribute to the fine consistency as well as requiring a lot more twisting than my larger Space Case. Storage capacity is limited 2 loads of ground material but since I use a film can for portables storage this should not be an issue and due to its size can only grind small amounts at a time. All said, a very high quality product requiring a bit more effort.
Any chance you could post a pic or two of the Space Case Scout? Would love to see the teeth/holes and just how small the unit is next to a coin or something relative. Hope you are enjoying it.

Lucic77,
Top Bottom