Herb Grinders

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
I've a taste for budget equipment. There's no way the high end grinder gang are even going to give this house room (materials, manufacture) , but produces a quite excellent fine grind for the cost of a gram of decent mids round these non-legal parts.

If you use a Vapman and want reliably find grind, you can do a lot lot worse for a lot lot more.
The cheapest one I've picked up is this one from interplanetary development, or something like that. I got this for about 25 bucks when he was unloading stock. I was looking to improve on the SLX I had and this grinder did not do that. It sits in a drawer...
20231223-165040-resized.jpg

I think he had some decent Vapcap stands but I never picked one up...

Last edited:

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Haha yeah interplanetary are the ones who hooked me up with gr8r that I tried unbranded after also trying their super weapon, did not care for either, though they are very good people!

Durbandream

Are there any grinders similar to the Flower Mill. I don't use mine anymore since I can't trust it but I do miss the consistency of the grind and I feel like it had slightly better flavor and extracted better than the grind from the BCG.

Durbandream,

rizlafreak

two dog star
generic 63mm 4-piece ceramic coated aluminium grinder made in china.
18€ shipped and taxed (19%) via ebay, delivery within 2 weeks, that's not too bad. it has a little chipping on the outside,
probably from transport, as it was just packaged in bubble foil. Not a dealbreaker for me at this affordable price.
haven't used it so far, but it looks like it will do a great job. it feels very smooth and precisely made.
since ceramic is at least multiple times tougher than steel, the sharpness should remain a lifetime. these grinders are commonly sold under different brands, but the body is everywhere the same etc. and for quite some more bucks.
judging by the looks it could be sold by apple or ikea... :D

Last edited:

rizlafreak

two dog star
Well I can report it grinds like a champ. best grinder I ever had, but it were only few and only very cheap. this is on another level in comparison.
for what you pay it is extremely well made.

Tellus

Human (H. sapiens x H. neanderthalensis)
Well I can report it grinds like a champ. best grinder I ever had, but it were only few and only very cheap. this is on another level in comparison.
Sounds good. Would be interesting to know how it holds up after some use. Report back after some time? Interesting to hear about wear and scratches etc
since ceramic is at least multiple times tougher than steel, the sharpness should remain a lifetime.
Ceramic is a good material but these grinders only have ceramic coating!
judging by the looks it could be sold by apple or ikea... :D
I would personally not buy vape or grinder from ikea, but apple's? Maybe, if i don't get tracked, cookied and profiled

sadf

Hell yea, you don't need to spend much money to get a good grinder. Sometimes I feel silly using my expensive grinders since honestly the free pack-in grinders vape shops used to give out ground weed just as well.

With regard to the ceramic, it's probably the same sort of coating used on ceramic 'nonstick' cookware like pots and pans, which is an extremely thin layer on top of the aluminum. It might help the device to feel smoother and not get sticky as quickly, but just like coated cookware it will eventually show wear, probably on the teeth and posts first. When that happens you'll have to... just keep using your grinder, it'll still work the same.

Knewt

Hell yea, you don't need to spend much money to get a good grinder. Sometimes I feel silly using my expensive grinders since honestly the free pack-in grinders vape shops used to give out ground weed just as well.

With regard to the ceramic, it's probably the same sort of coating used on ceramic 'nonstick' cookware like pots and pans, which is an extremely thin layer on top of the aluminum. It might help the device to feel smoother and not get sticky as quickly, but just like coated cookware it will eventually show wear, probably on the teeth and posts first. When that happens you'll have to... just keep using your grinder, it'll still work the same.
And vaping the coating that is wearing off will only make you stronger.

sadf

And vaping the coating that is wearing off will only make you stronger.

There is no evidence that these coatings are toxic, they are commonly used in cookware and are safe to higher temperatures than any dry herb vaporizer will ever reach.

Don't ever look up what you're breathing in with every breath while in or near a city, you'll probably faint. You should probably also avoid learning what the latest research shows with regard to long-term brain health and regular cannabis use, because unlike silica coatings that stuff actually is now associated with harmful effects.

Last edited:
sadf,

Madtater

It's incredible how ignorant and paranoid so many cannabis consumers are
With how many substances are cancer causing these days, i personally would rather not take the chance….i am just not that lucky.

We arent talking about boiling temps or heat stress right? We are talking about particulate material that gets ground off said equipment that someone could potentially breathe in.

Not sure i would call that paranoia, but hey…if people wanna take the chance, no skin off of my nose. But me personally….i would rather not.

Madtater,

Octavia

No thoughts, head empty
how would it vaporize as ceramic has an extremely high melting point.
I assume the issue is less that the ceramic would melt in the vape and more that ceramic dust can be inhaled. However it’s probably not much worse than breathing during a dust storm, though material fragments can cause harm (especially ceramic, those shards frequently are razor sharp).

Octavia

No thoughts, head empty
What exactly is this "ceramic coating" made out of (other than words)? My guess is the West would probably call it white paint.
My assumption is it’s a ceramic coating like greenpan cookware (Link if curious) since it looks like the coating on my old pan, but it’s ebay so it could be anything really

Octavia,

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Presumably some sort of take on the SLX ceramic coating which has mixed feedback I guess, trustworthy though?

Shit Snacks,

Bologna

(zombie) Woof.
The "issue" for me, personally, is the that the business parts (teeth etc) are coated at all... I mean sheeeit, I don't even like anodized business parts in my grinder (or them being aluminum either, ftm), let alone a "coating" which is just a fancy word for painted...

Bologna,

rizlafreak

two dog star
Some sort of the industry standard method's it probably has to be. what do you think the put on nail polish with deko ceramic powder?
It really looks quality made, and why should it not be? the chinese have ultra modern machines (mostly) made in the west,
often newer than commonly used here and labour there is cheap. the processes should be the same say on an slx and this cheap generic one.
and the slx is way overpriced in my opinion, for an alumium grinder with ceramic coating. At least it costs here almost the equivalent of 150$.
btw. I never saw a pure ceramic grinder, I guess this won't exist.

rizlafreak,
Reactions: LesPlenty

Bologna

(zombie) Woof.
Again, all this is just speculation/opinion in the absence of knowledge. Why bother? What does it prove? Either find out or don't.... I don't care all that much cuz I didn't buy one. I'm just a little curious.

Last edited:
Top Bottom