Herb Grinders

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
I'm sorry if this has been posted, but Damn. I'll pay full price for this.

https://www.ryot.com/ryotr-4pc-gr8trr-all-wood-grinder-sifter.html

Sexy.

My initial reaction is ewww. If ya want flat mashy-teeth, ya might as well just use a mortar & pestle and be done with it. I'd much prefer sharper teeth.
No offense of course. If you like it, rock it. But it's definitely not for me.

I want a new grinder I have been using one of the free grinders from PuffItUp for a couple years now and it’s time for a new one. I am torn between the SLX V2, the Super Weapon 2, or the Gr8tr v2.

I have all three, and you will be happy with any of them. The SLX has that ceramic coating, which really does help keep it clean as long as you brush it off often. I really like that. My GR8TR only has the fine plate, which is the most consistent of my grinders , and gives a really nice finer grind for my finer-grind vaporizers. The SWII doesn't particularly shine above the specific functions that are good about the other two, but it's become my daily driver because it's simple, and is more of an all-around piece, with a medium grind (slightly more course than the SLX 2.0), but it's a rather fluffy grind, and that allows a bit of forgiveness for the more medium grind (The SLX 2.0's grind is quite fluffy too). I also like the larger catch area below the grind chamber.

I picked up the NewVape fine grinder a while back and love the feel of it but hate the 2 piece design.

Agreed. I will always keep the Newvape Fine-grinder because it's all-together elegant, simple, and bomb-proof. But I agree about not liking a two-piece for normal every-day use. I find having to dump it onto another surface to be annoying.

I want something that is going to feel nice in the hands and is easy to turn like the NewVape grinder.

None of my grinders are as easy to turn as the Newvape. I will also point out that my SLX 2.0 is the hardest to turn, partly because of the extra friction from the ceramic coating (the part that makes it so easy to keep clean), and it has more teeth than any of the others, so it's a bit harder to start when you fill it up. Both the GR8TR and the SWII are similar in the amount of effort they take to turn, but The SWII has a larger knurled area around the sides of the tip and I can simply grip it better. With the other two, I have to kind of "finger-tip" them while grinding a bit more.

I mainly use the Flowerpot so a fine to medium-fine grind is what I’m looking for.

In this area, any of the three will be fine, but the SLX 2.0 and the GR8TR will have a bit more of a finer grind than the SWII.

Summer

Long Island, NY
If anyone has the Aerospace Groove or the Lift medium or (preferably) coarse, I'd love to get a few good pic of the grind with a quarter next to it for scale with some great lighting. And I'd also like to see the grind of how the Lift chops rather than grinds. I want a coarse & fluffy grind. So if anyone has one or gets one of these, please remember me.

Hogni

Honi soit qui mal y pense
Last weekend at the Mary Jane Expo in Berlin I saw a new 3p-grinder by Praise, a young Berlin startup, made of concrete which really impressed me.
Nice feeling of the edgy concrete. The grinder plates have a small notch for an easier inserting of the bud. Grind is fine to medium and very fluffy.

627532c5b4956e984a197648011eb09d.jpg

d3603383ff2f42eef774a03c69b15912.jpg

They also offer a whole emerald cut shaped storage set with two jars made of concrete and walnut wood. For sure a practical setup for design afficionados.

43262b3e404251e38d83bece4ed68703.jpg

Concrete is currently available in dark anthracite, a very pale green or creme or b/w marbled. I suggested the guys to offer a mix and match (would like a pale green middle part and the top and bottom part in anthracite or vice versa). They liked the idea and are thinking about.

Last edited:

Bologna

(zombie) Woof.
To those considering a LIFT Innovations:

“Wuz up? Our prices!

This is a heads up to all our newsletter subscribers.
We are increasing our prices on Tuesday June 19th, 2018.
Our old pricing will still be available until then.

Our new pricing is:

USA and International
4 Piece Black Grinder $150 USD
3 Piece Black Grinder $120 USD

Canada
4 Piece Black Grinder $165 CAD
3 Piece Black Grinder $125 CAD

Lift Innovations started from nothing and we had our share of problems along the way. We worked hard and made it through some tough times. Looking at the books, we realized we need to increase pricing if we want to continue to offer the best grinder possible, continue to manufacture in Canada and start to introduce new products.

We are so happy with our LIFT grinder and all the people that took a chance on a grinder that was so different than everything else.

Let us know what you want us to create next or just keep in touch at
info@lift-innovations.com

Thank you!”

Vapor Trails

What's best to use to clean a Santa Cruz? I always use Isopropyl Alcohol on my black Space Case, but have heard rumor that the coating will remove ftom a Santa, using alcohol. Any truth to that?

Vapor Trails,
I'm sorry if this has been posted, but Damn. I'll pay full price for this.

https://www.ryot.com/ryotr-4pc-gr8trr-all-wood-grinder-sifter.html

Sexy.
Wow. That is beautifully designed.

Wooden teeth? Like an old pirate, :)

It will be interesting to see the grind consistency.
You are a funny bastard Les. My grandfather was called Les and Im Australian like you so you know bastard is a friendly expression for us. Hearing cunt and bastard is different for our American mates :freak::D Arrrr there maties lol

Last edited:

biohacker

You have to love Costanza. So many great lines and scenes.

Seinfeld is like a religion to me... Costanza, Kramer... and I wish they just did a show on Georgie's parents!

Back to your regular grinder programming!

@Vapor Trails no worries using ISO.... just don't use it on acrylic grinders, and I had PBW strip coating off so don't use that. It completely stripped off the anodized coating.

Seinfeld is like a religion to me... Costanza, Kramer... and I wish they just did a show on Georgie's parents!

Back to your regular grinder programming!

@Vapor Trails no worries using ISO.... just don't use it on acrylic grinders, and I had PBW strip coating off so don't use that. It completely stripped off the anodized coating.
Me too. Its not a lie if you believe it has helped me profoundly lol.

ISO is fine for SCS. Im loving the NewVape fine grind too.

natural farmer

What's best to use to clean a Santa Cruz? I always use Isopropyl Alcohol on my black Space Case, but have heard rumor that the coating will remove ftom a Santa, using alcohol. Any truth to that?

I have been cleaning my SCSs for years now using ISO, usually soaking them in a glass jar for hours. No problems whatsoever.

What removes coating can be high friction from leaving it dirty though... :2c:

Alexis

I wonder why they had such a hard time and lack of success with their 3 piece? Kannastor seems to have done a bitchin' job with their 3 piece Gr8tr (now including both grind plates and the better lid/top). IMO it's the 3 piece grinder to beat at the moment.
Hey there. I think I need to get a Kannastor. I really dont like using the NVFG onna regular basis. Its so big and heavy, and most of all is such a bitch to empty out all the herb. It spreads and falls out over such a large area, and the weed ALWAYS sticks and I have to brush all round the teeth every time bit by bit or else leave a ton of herb and kief stuff in there.

And it pings and flies everywhere when I brush it, scraping it all up. I actually resent and dread grinding weed up with it.
So I need to make grinding easy and fun again, as it should be. So I think the Kannastor Gr8tr makes sense for me? I looked at the Space Case but a lot of people say the rate the SCS way more. I have SCS's and think they are terrible. Way too coarse for a start.

I dont want/need/not bothered about collecting sift, so no sifting screen needed. I have been looking at tne available models, it isnt clear at all anywhere exactly what the differences, limitations and pros and cons are between the models.

I think this could be spelt out a lot more clearly by Kannastor. You do have to work your head a bit through the product descriptions. But right now I think this should do me?

https://www.everyonedoesit.co.uk/products/gr8tr-vape-grinder
Looks like no sifting screen which is what I want, keep costs down. I presume it comes with the fine grind plate? I remember reading your comments on tge Kannastor I think a while back and possibly some difficulty getting hold of a spare or additional plate?

What does gripe me very much looking into this now- it really is not made clear enough ANYWHERE which plate the GR8TR VAPE GRINDER comes with or how or where to buy adfitional plates.

"Kannastor has given the freedom to the users to customize different grades to their grinder by adding Interchangeable Grinding Plates. The grinder has been engineered to give a fine finished product."

This should be spelt out much more clearly IMO not just left to assumption and interpretation. Like "this grinder comes with the fine grind plate. It DOES NOT come with the coarse grind plate, which btw we flash at you as a FEATURE but dont mention it ir how or where you can get one!" I cant find any to purchase even on their own website?

"FEATURES
Micro-Teeth and Dish Press (MTP)
DesignFriction /
Residue Rings
Interchangeable Grinding Plates
Portable Design"

Again, very misleading IMO. They are selling the product on these unique "features" (note- not "additional options"), as if you are automatically receiving these benefits.

So I tried looking for the 3 piece you refer to. Not sure if that is the one I linked? Says its a 4 piece I think.
Anyone have any clarity or suggestions? Im pretty sure I want this one. Not that bothered about the coarse plate but I would prefer to have it as an option, especially if there is an affordable model which comes with BOTH plates.

Or if anyone has any experience succesfully buying the coarse plate seperately?
I feel it is quite irresponsible of Kannastor to make the interchangeable plates such a key selling feature and marketing ploy, then give such shit info on it.

Maybe they just abandoned the coarse plates? Or maybe people here feel the coarse plates aren't really necessary and the fine plate is fine for all vaporizer needs?

Sorry for so many Q's folks. My brain is slow and compromised and it is difficult for me to research things and get a clear view. Big thank you for any advice.:tup:

Alexis

@Alexis that one is the previous discontinued version. This is the one that you want, and includes both plates!

https://www.kannastor.com/kannastorr-gr8trr-v2-series-grinder-in-matte-silver.html I linked the Silver because that's the one I went with! :)

We also have a thread going here:

http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/gr8tr-v2.26409/

:rockon:
Thanks bro I knew you could set me straight. I saw the V2 it is available here for £60 in this model:
https://www.everyonedoesit.co.uk/products/kannastor-gr8tr-v2-grinder?variant=12107561173061
I need to make certain this option comes with both plates and if so I think that is what Im looking for.
Nice one for the thread link, Im gonna be doing a bit of study now but nice to clear the picture first and quell my anxieties when Im puzzled or unsure.
Im actually excited to know I am going to get a new grinder. I used to always the ritual of grinding my weed everyday and I have come to really resent it.

The NVFG is an outstanding grinder but far too difficult for regular usage especially for smaller amounts at a time, which I prefer with so many diff strains and phenos (4 strains, 8 unique phenos!)

So Im mixing things up all the time. Thanks bro hope your week is rolling in nicely. Just going for first Elev8r load today all treatments done. "Small" Think Different sativa now, smells like a christmas tree. Other pheno is a stinking lemony one, gorgeous and amazing weed.

And the other was simply "Think Different 1" and is also very special. :tup:

biohacker

I need to make certain this option comes with both plates and if so I think that is what Im looking for.

It does! :)

Unlike other standard grinders, the GR8TR doesn't just have one set of teeth. You get a choice of 2 different interchangeable plates to select from to meet your requirements. For every day grinding there's a standard plate which provides a medium coarse grind, suitable for most smoking methods. If you're a vaper there a special vaping plate included which leaves your herbs with a much finer, even grind. This allows the heat to distribute evenly around the herbs, lowering the need to stir between hits. You can tell the difference between the plates as the vape plate has multiple smaller holes for the herbs to fall through.

biohacker,
Reactions: Alexis

Alexis

It does! :)

Unlike other standard grinders, the GR8TR doesn't just have one set of teeth. You get a choice of 2 different interchangeable plates to select from to meet your requirements. For every day grinding there's a standard plate which provides a medium coarse grind, suitable for most smoking methods. If you're a vaper there a special vaping plate included which leaves your herbs with a much finer, even grind. This allows the heat to distribute evenly around the herbs, lowering the need to stir between hits. You can tell the difference between the plates as the vape plate has multiple smaller holes for the herbs to fall through.
Thanks again. I will get the silver also. The only thing is, Everyonedoesit had a 25% Father's day sale yesterday!!:ugh: :lol:

I had NO intention of buying a new grinder yesterday. It somehow formed as an obvious necessity overnight. I felt I couldn't justify the money when I have the NVFG, so had officially unconsidered it.

But..get this- Everyonedoesit has ANOTHER sale on tomorrow. Potentially. England play on the world cup tonight and for each goal they score, comes a 5% discount up to 20%.

This is hilarious to me now, because suddenly I ACTUALLY CARE how England play!!
C'mon England! I will be rooting for them (us?:uhoh:) tonight! :lol: For once. Just too much damned negativity and fear literally programmed into english football, the whole mentality of it all it kills me. It is the reason they always fail so badly they all just need to chill out and realise- what's the worst thing that can happen? They lose. Not tonight though boys please.

Fingers crossed now I can maybe get a BETTER discount tomorrow if England score 4.:rockon:

Edit- I got confused. Thinking £5 per goal. 20% max potential. Cone on England!

Last edited:

asdf420

Is the grind from the 1.5" 3-piece mendo mulcher particularly fine compared to the SWII's?

Last edited:
asdf420,
Top Bottom