Herb Grinders

virtualpurple

@shitsnacks I am loving my lift grinder. Customer service was top notch and they took great care of me when I discovered I was missing a fine grind disc. I really enjoy the grinder. I love the consistency of each grind. It does occasionally have trouble completely cutting through super fresh and moist herb but I find that it is no bother. If I am lazy and toss in bud with stems the stem pieces will be a little longer and easily identifiable.

I will try and post some pics of the different grinds in the next few days if time allows!

dirtdragon

Medium-fine to fine works great. I have found this to be a great grinder for the Mighty.

It doesn't seem to get much mention/love here, but is fantastic.

http://www.newvape.com/fine-grinder-titanium-gray-2726/

Thanks for the recommendation! My main 2 concerns are material sticking to the grinder and medium to fine grind.

After some research the SCS seems to be the best at not sticking but is a courser grind.

Need help deciding here:

1. SCS
2. SLX
3. GR8TR
4. New Vape

dirtdragon,

rabblerouser

Combustion Fucker
just got a new grinder 50mm Sutra 4pc....they also have a 65
I mostly wanted to post since search didn't find any mention of their grinders in the huge grinder thread, although their are some threads about their vapes.

https://www.sutravape.com/sutra-vape-grinders/

Apparently they make some sort of vapes, but interesting cheap grinders?

the teeth are reminiscent of the teeth on the SLX grinder, to my eyes anyway, and does seem to yield a fairly fluffy medium to medium-small grind (just picked it up today and am only 1 grind in so far).

seems well-made and has the lift-out screen instead of screw-off that I wanted to try out.

was listed at only $25 at LHS.

Because I wanted a smaller size 4 pc, there are limited options and I just noticed this one while I happened to be in the store checking things out. And i had just talked myself out of even doing Cyber Monday prices on the small 4 pc space case.

edit:

Crap, just finished reading the SLX website and they do have a 2.0" version, D'oh!

well, i may be doing SLX versus Sutra comparison in the future. I'm even driving by one of the stores they list on my way to NY this weekend...cursed FC and acquisition syndrome, it's not even a vaporizer

Last edited:
rabblerouser,

The Beagle

Bubbles & Bags
Hi everyone,
I'm the happy owner of a Kannastor GR8TR and I would like to have the coarse plate as well but I cannot find it anywhere on the net. Anyone know where I can order one?

The Beagle,

snackmaster

Hi everyone,
I'm the happy owner of a Kannastor GR8TR and I would like to have the coarse plate as well but I cannot find it anywhere on the net. Anyone know where I can order one?

Kannastor won't sell the coarse plate by itself so you'll have to find someone willing to sell theirs or buy a new grinder that includes both plates. It's frustrating!

The Beagle

Bubbles & Bags
Good to know, I can't understand why they do this but whatever.
Anyone willing to sell a plate?

The Beagle,

snackmaster

Eh, as much as I hate it, I kinda get it. I imagine kannastor isn't manufacturing and packaging these things themselves. They're most likely getting pallets of packaged product that's ready to distribute, so why should they bother breaking those complete units up just to leave themselves with random extra parts?

snackmaster,

The Beagle

Bubbles & Bags
Yeah modularity is one of the best features of the GR8TRs so I was expecting them to sell at least the screens.

The Beagle,

XiolaOne

Firewood 4
Looking for an affordable 3 piece medium coarse grinder. Thoughts?

Like the SCS's but not the $60 price tag

XiolaOne,
Four Piece, works for fluff, medium to fine grind. Anti-Locking mechanism unique teeth design, It Works!
3079Tjo.jpg

SmyejUv.jpg

uuXoNok.jpg

OemgGco.jpg

tefYxQo.jpg

LgVz0hl.jpg

FlyingLow

Team NO SLEEP!
i actually really like that design. as much as i absolutely adore and cherish my scs line (and have bought 3), that cali does resolve a few of scs shortcomings.

i do like the thread design, much less space for dust and material to collect in the threads. also i like the big open gaps for loading into the top... scs has many teeth to try to work around.

i actually really like that design. as much as i absolutely adore and cherish my scs line (and have bought 3), that cali does resolve a few of scs shortcomings.

i do like the thread design, much less space for dust and material to collect in the threads. also i like the big open gaps for loading into the top... scs has many teeth to try to work around.

It's not a very popular Grinder here on FC, but it has many features that just made since for my needs.
Ive had it for over a year and never had to clean it and haven't had any problems yet. I removed the screen section and an use it as a 3 piece now. The bottom chamber is a deep rounded dish that holds lots of herb and is perfect for scooping herb into my EVO elbs. The grinder teeth design and the anti locking sold me. Never worry about cross threading or teeth grinding

Dramma Lamma

Looks like a job for!
Four Piece, works for fluff, medium to fine grind. Anti-Locking mechanism unique teeth design, It Works!
3079Tjo.jpg

SmyejUv.jpg

uuXoNok.jpg

OemgGco.jpg

See, now this actually looks machined by the gods!

Look how every line is exactly the same as the one its next to, look how the internals of the grind surface all have a uniform, constant damn near identical surface.

Compare this to the garbage level random as fuck machining lines of the SLX.
qlJFWLp.jpg

If you know what you are looking at, there is 0 question which manufacturer is making the real quality product here.

Stevenski

Enter the Dragon
No wonder you have some beef with SLX @Dramma Lamma, looks like a KO or something. I just closely inspected my top piece & it is flawless. I would email SLX directly with that photo & I am sure they will want to make you a happy customer. I like mine enough where I can buy any grinder I like but see no reason to & surely I am not the only happy client?

Anyone got any reports on the Clipper/Lyft grinder now it has been out for a while?

biohacker

I'm all ears on the Clipper....I need something to replace my Kannastor GR8TR solid body because my wrists are acting up again, soooo it's back to the drawing board. The Zeus Vortex crank is awesome, but the grind is coarser than my liking for convection vapes. Was thinking about this one to replace it:

https://www.grasscity.com/us_en/bla...k-herb-grinder-4-part-choice-of-4-colors.html

Hopefully it has smaller holes...I love this crank style due to the ability to "screw down" the top piece.

Otherwise, i'll be looking at getting a larger size SLX or SCS, SC or something....I think it's the smaller 2.5" size that causes me the pain/strain.

biohacker,
Reactions: Stevenski

6079Smith

Compare this to the garbage level random as fuck machining lines of the SLX.

No wonder you have some beef with SLX @Dramma Lamma, looks like a KO or something.

I inspected mine and agree there are some clear differences to @Dramma Lamma's pic

VqrfTEm.jpg

Along with the machining, the magnet appears different to me. Like the one is beveled, maybe, and the other completely flat/flush. The outer ridge also looks more pronounced but maybe that's visual fuckery, not too sure.

I've been happy with my SLX, the coating has remained intact with no extra precautions and it powers through the stickiest, most dense material I can get my hands on with ease.

I do have my first SCS on the way as part of an Herbalizer accessories package; I'm looking forward to comparing the two :science:

needalift

@Cannabis Connoisseur , does the Cali Crusher truly grind ?? I thought about copping one but I've seen a ton of bad reviews. I've heard this grinder referred to as " the grinder that doesn't grind " so many times that it made me hesitant to buy one . I hear a lot that it just tears and compresses the herbs into little chunks . I've seen this in videos . Is this possibly user error?? Should there be a possibility of user error with a grinder ??? I'm really curious as I still love the look of this thing .

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Looking for an affordable 3 piece medium coarse grinder. Thoughts?

Like the SCS's but not the $60 price tag

Yeah I still want a 3 piece too, and they're the only ones who make it. You can find em for ~$46 on eBay though at least. I'll get one to replace my 4piece at some point (it's pretty worn now, I use it as a 3piece, upside down mostly, but want rounded deeper bottom)

My Super Weapon 1 is here from Interplanetary Development, haven't gotten to try it yet bc I'm waiting for fresh new herbs first, it looks really nice though, rounded corners for the chambers with very slick nonstick coating. The teeth look nice, unsure about the holes if they'll give me a fine enough grind without turning upside down like I am hoping, but we'll see and I'll report back. For the price I paid, the build quality, and their customer service it seems like a good choice (I could remove the screen to make it a 3piece but there's a ledge that I think would be weird so it'll probably end up another shallow 3piece like my SCS... Fuck kief filtration)

Still curious about SLX and now Cali Crusher again... Also Sharpstone actually, and is space case officially overrated overpriced done then? Plain old diamond teeth vs these other guys... Oh and yeah the Lyft Clipper too

Shit Snacks,
Reactions: Stevenski

waxdab23

Yeah I still want a 3 piece too, and they're the only ones who make it. You can find em for ~$46 on eBay though at least. I'll get one to replace my 4piece at some point (it's pretty worn now, I use it as a 3piece, upside down mostly, but want rounded deeper bottom)

My Super Weapon 1 is here from Interplanetary Development, haven't gotten to try it yet bc I'm waiting for fresh new herbs first, it looks really nice though, rounded corners for the chambers with very slick nonstick coating. The teeth look nice, unsure about the holes if they'll give me a fine enough grind without turning upside down like I am hoping, but we'll see and I'll report back. For the price I paid, the build quality, and their customer service it seems like a good choice (I could remove the screen to make it a 3piece but there's a ledge that I think would be weird so it'll probably end up another shallow 3piece like my SCS... Fuck kief filtration)

Still curious about SLX and now Cali Crusher again... Also Sharpstone actually, and is space case officially overrated overpriced done then? Plain old diamond teeth vs these other guys... Oh and yeah the Lyft Clipper too

I've never tried using a 3 piece - wouldn't kief still accumulate in the bottom where the ground herbs fall? Or is it that the kief is being scooped up along with the herb each time you load a bowl?

waxdab23,
Top Bottom