Herb Grinders

max

Out to lunch
DigitalDavinci said:
I'm sure you'll all scoff at my grinder
scoff scoff. Seriously, why would you think that? The Crushers seem like good quality at very good prices (especially their eBay prices :o ). Free shipping too. I'd like to try one myself :drool: , not that I need another grinder. :rolleyes:

stickstones said:
Max, I checked out Kelly's store...he's got a lot of cool shit. Did you have to ask him about the 3mm holes in the 1 3/4" grinder? I didn't see him putting this detail on any of his listings.
If you click on 'me' out beside his seller name, you get info on the 2.5" model hole options. I bought a 4 piece 2" from him a couple of years ago that had 3-4mm holes, so I emailed him a while back, asking what he had currently with smaller holes. In addition to the 1 3/4", he also has a 1.625" (1 5/8") 4 piece with 3 mm holes. All of his "Premium Quality CNC" grinders (higher priced) have 5mm holes. Thanks to a screw up and his great service, I have one of his CNC grinders at $26 off his normal price. Can't fault his cheap ones though. They work great. I've bought a couple of his carved wooden boxes too-really nice.

max,

DigitalDavinci

Vapohaulic
max...I have found to choose my statements carefully, and I be sure to add a discalimer statement like the one in question to ensure my ignorance to a subject is not magnified.

I've owned three grinders in my life. The first fell apart in the first week...impulse buy. The second is a standard/old fasioned pin and wood grinder, and the chronium crusher. I know it was cheap, for it was included with my crap-o-vape fropm EBay. Everytime I think something is good I usually find out it not to be true. Therefor the disclaimer. Maybe scoff is too strong of a word? No bad intentions here man, promise. :)

DD

DigitalDavinci,

SpiralArchitect

? & beyond
I want to get another grinder now. :p

My Mendo isn't cool enough anymore. All these new grinders seem so fancy and awesome.

I'm looking at Kellys products right now. A 6-inch grinder? Wholey shit.

9601_1_b.JPG

Some of the grinders are dirt cheap! Acrylics with kief sifters for like 8 bucks.... Those would be nice X-mas presents for stoner-friends!

Some of those handcarved soapstone statues are nice too. I might order one of those as a x-mas gift for someone and one for myself actually.

That Chromium Crusher is really appealing though. It's the only one that isn't aluminum! It's I guess some special alloy -- and it's black! :D

This is a great deal; grinder, stash box and pollen press (I want one) for like 23 bucks. A few bucks more and you can get a 3-inch model

I'll have to shop around if I do indeed order a new grinder. Mendo works fine, I just feel like trying something new.

Whats the deal with the 5-piece grinders (multiple screens/kief grades) does anyone have any experience or know much about how well they work?

SpiralArchitect,

max

Out to lunch
SpiralArchitect said:
A 6-inch grinder?
Grinding capacity or diameter? He claims the largest - "This is the largest grinder on Ebay!" - but it's 4" in diameter.
http://cgi.ebay.com/4-Prime-Quality...yZ133QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp1742.m153.l1262

That Chromium Crusher is really appealing though. It's the only one that isn't aluminum!
You can get titanium now in a Space Case grinder. I think good quality aluminum is perfectly fine-all the quality you need-but somebody is always marketing something different, trying to make you think you've gotta have a better grade of metal. But good grinders are aircraft grade aluminum. I would like to try out a Crusher though. Gotta have more toys! :brow:

Whats the deal with the 5-piece grinders
I haven't used more than one screen at a time yet. That would be more of a novelty than really useful for me. With the multiple screen units you can use both screens or either. Leave one screen section out and it becomes a 4 piece. That way you can go for either quantity or quality in the kief dept.

max,

SpiralArchitect

? & beyond
Yeah, IDK, thats not the same one. I wish I had just posted the link. In that picture you can see the grinder is in fact 6-inches wide.

I think I got it from Kellys place... the img that is, *confused*

Gotta have more toys! brow
Precisely. :D

So I'm assuming in the 5-piece grinders they have a 'coarse' screen to catch crude kief? That is appealing me in a few ways, I mean, if you have a lot of bud and to vape alot collecting a lot of kief is always fun.

still, accumulating kief, on a screen, might be hard to scoop it up -- know what I mean? What would you do, tip it upside down on a sheet of paper and tap it?

SpiralArchitect,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
mine came with a little plastic shovel about the size of the end of my pinkie finger that works great for lifting out herb and kief

stickstones,

jx80

Anyone use one of those pocket electric grinders, like a mini coffee grinder?

jx80,

Acolyte of Zinglon

Wizard-Ninja
ive heard some negative things about those, mainly that they get clogged up with resin and stop working
plus theyre about the same price as a cheap coffee grinder anyway

Acolyte of Zinglon,

GreenFiend

DigitalDavinci said:
I'm sure you'll all scoff at my grinder, but I have a chroniumcrusher, and have been very happy with it. :2c:

DD
Ive had my chromium crusher for a few months now and I couldn't be happier. It took like 3 day to get here and came with a free pollen press!

GreenFiend,

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
pv, you should definitely ask for a replacement on your mendo, they advertise a lifetime warranty on the front page of mendomulcherwarehouse. I wouldn't even take the chance with this, but I've found that if you put a little piece of bud under the magnet, sometimes it sticks in place and provides a really smooth pivot while adding a bit of distance.

Do the mixnballs have the nylon/teflon O ring/gasket between the top 2 pieces? Doesn't look like it from the pics on their site. In my limited experience it seems like having one provides smoother action, and not having metal on metal friction seems smart.

max said:
If you click on 'me' out beside his seller name, you get info on the 2.5" model hole options. I bought a 4 piece 2" from him a couple of years ago that had 3-4mm holes, so I emailed him a while back, asking what he had currently with smaller holes. In addition to the 1 3/4", he also has a 1.625" (1 5/8") 4 piece with 3 mm holes. All of his "Premium Quality CNC" grinders (higher priced) have 5mm holes.
Thanks for the info. :tup: Here's the link to the hole page.

vtac,

max

Out to lunch
Do the mixnballs have the nylon/teflon O ring/gasket between the top 2 pieces? Doesn't look like it from the pics on their site. In my limited experience it seems like having one provides smoother action, and not having metal on metal friction seems smart.
No, and I've seen no sign of the plant buildup that can occur on others (turns black) and leads to squeaky grinding. "Along with never adding colors of any kind, Mix 'N' Ball uses a special electrical process and procedure - known as organic anodizing - to layer a toxin-free, protective coating..."

pv, you should definitely ask for a replacement on your mendo
Yeah, go straight to the Mendo makers - info@mendomulchers.com.

max,

partially veiled

Lo Boob Oscillator
Yeah guys, I e-mailed Mendo Mulcher Warehouse directly today. I had totally forgot about that lifetime warranty, so thank you very much vtac for bringing that up. Hopefully that will make the problem resolution process much smoother than the standard fare...

I was sure to highlight both problems I'm having: the flaking is an obvious concern, but I'm also very concerned about the metal powder/residue that's being left on my hands after using the grinder. I informed them that this was most worrisome to me as it seemed to indicate they were using aluminum of a questionable quality. The flaking could by explained away be an ill-fitted grinder, wherein a "wobble" could easily create friction which would cause the metal to flake, but the aluminum rubbing off on my fingers seems to indicate something totally different...anyways, I was very thorough (gave them one of my trademark rambling diatribes...you all know what I'm talking about better than anyone :rolleyes:) so it'll be interesting to see how they respond. I'll be sure to report back here.

Oh yes, and max you had asked earlier if I had established if the grinder flakes when used "dry", or if it only flakes when herb is being ground...I had tested that, and in fact it does flake whether empty or full. This would seem to indicate that there is an ill-fit between the two halves, and some friction being created...no? Still...the aluminum quality is what's worrying me most right now. Okay, well I'll let you know what they say.

Thanks for the tip on Kelly's Great Products, as well. He's got some really good looking stuff, and good prices...depending on what happens with my MM, I might end up picking up something from him. I might pick something up anyway, actually...I would like a grinder with a keif screen, so I might pick up one of the ones he offers. I'll definitely be getting some opinions from you guys if that's the case though: Kelly has too much to choose from, I can't decide what looks best! I'm thinking a nice grinder would make an awesome Christmas gift for some stoner buddies, as well...:D Buddies less apt to buy something like this themselves...yes I am definitely the hipster stoner among my friends...the rest are just...musicians. Hahaha ;)

partially veiled,

Acolyte of Zinglon

Wizard-Ninja
What I like about this Kelly guy's grinders if you own a PD, is that he has some available with smaller holes for the fine grind that works well in the small bowl. His $14, 2.5" size comes in 4,5, or 6mm hole size, and the 1 3/4" grinder has 3mm holes. I pass my PD herb through that one for a finer grind.
i might look into that, those grinders are like, $15? you actually have one of those little "scout" styles?
i think its a better idea to grind as-needed than to grind up more than have it sitting in a jar, keeps the flavor fresher and keeps in the more volatile terpenoids better

or maybe it would be an inconvenience to grind enough for a session? i have some good glass containers that come from kitchen spices that i use to carry herb, theyre air tight and they fit in the pocket, i could just get a coffee grinder and grind enough to fill those jars halfway and stab or suck the herb into the pd bowl
(yes im still set on the pd, its strange but there hasnt been nearly as much second-guessing of my decision on the pd as when i was making the decisions between the ssv and extreme, and since ive decided on a good electric model for my first, my desire for those two has become much less pressing)

Acolyte of Zinglon,

partially veiled

Lo Boob Oscillator
I just re-read this entire thread for some reason. Anyway, Spiral you had posted about a 6" grinder and then max had said Kelly advertised the largest as a 4". He DOES in fact sell the 6", and the picture you posted was from KGP. This is the link to that grinder: http://cgi.ebay.com/FULLY-CNCd-150m...096230199QQihZ019QQcategoryZ133QQcmdZViewItem

It is the 150mm fully CNC'd grinder...so at 150mm it's not QUITE 6 inches, but damned close
(about 5.9 inches, if it is in fact 150mm). About this one he says "This is by far the largest grinder on eBay". I don't know...6 inches is definitely the largest one I've seen to date. Maybe he just screwed up on the 4" page? I didn't try to find the grinder you're talking about max, so I don't know if it does in fact claim to be the largest grinder on ebay there as well.

max, I have a question for you regarding KGP. You said that your cheapie grinder (which I presume is one from him??) leaves the same aluminum residue on your fingers as my MM? You also implied that this might mean it's constructed of lesser quality aluminum? Is this correct (that implication, I mean), or did I misconstrue something? Also, which grinder of Kelly's does leave the residue? Is it only the cheaper aluminum grinders, or does your more expensive "Fully CNC'd" grinder also leave that residue? I would really like to know, as I don't really trust something which will leave a metal residue on my fingers simply from gripping it...

Acolyte, I think your looking at the wrong grinder. The 1 3/4" grinder with 3mm holes is this one, I believe: http://cgi.ebay.com/1-3-4-Prime-Qua...216998691QQihZ020QQcategoryZ133QQcmdZViewItem

Correct me if I'm wrong, max. While I'm at it, the 2.5" grinder which allows you to select the hole size is found here: http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-STYLE-2-5-S...028498243QQihZ019QQcategoryZ133QQcmdZViewItem

It is called the "New Style 2.5" Spaceage Aluminum Herb Pollen Grinder". Regarding your query though AoZ, I have often "pre-ground" large quantities of bud and find that as long as it is stored in glass and is kept relatively air tight, it doesn't cause a loss of anything...taste, potency, what have you. I always use glass because it is so easy to collect trichomes from glass...nothing gets stuck or becomes wasted.

I don't know though...this whole question is probably pretty open for debate. Obviously your bud could get dried out a lot quicker with more surface area exposed, so it's pretty important to keep it properly stored after it's ground. Decarboxylation is again something to consider...I dunno. At the moment, I don't tend to do big grinds. I'm basically grinding bowl to bowl. The freshness is nice, but I vape too much for this shit...I need to go back to grinding and storing. Actually, even when I smoked I was pre-grinding and carrying chopped herb around with me in a little tin, and that was very far from airtight...it didn't seem to be too adversely affected. I do tend to blow through herb pretty quickly though...so it doesn't exactly sit around for ages getting exposed. :shrug:

Oh and AoZ, just to be clear...the Scout style grinders found at KDP don't keep ground bud in the bottom part of the grinder: at least, it doesn't auto-collect there. There are no holes in the grinder itself. Rather, it is a 1.25" grinder that is simply a two piece grinder, the bottom of this however screws on to the top of the long, bottom canister. This makes the scout grinder effectively a stash jar with a grinder for a lid. Kid of a neat idea, actually. So, although you could fill it with pre-ground herb, that does not seem to be the intention.

partially veiled,

Acolyte of Zinglon

Wizard-Ninja
ya, thanks for clearing that up, i think ill opt for the coffee grinder, maybe grind 2.5 grams at a time, store the rest whole in mason jars, keep the ground in my little spice jars, i just worry about small details too much i guess :/

i may get one of toms mason jar screens for my kief collecting needs, but probably not right away

i looked at the scout grinders and it realy isnt made clear enough that thats what they are :disgust:

Acolyte of Zinglon,

partially veiled

Lo Boob Oscillator
Acolyte of Zinglon said:
i looked at the scout grinders and it realy isnt made clear enough that thats what they are :disgust:
Ya I agree, I went back and looked at them too and I don't know...I'm pretty sure I'm right about the one I am thinking of, but he sells a lot of them and they're scattered over different categories...maybe there is one which has a screen or collects in the bottom compartment? I don't know. Anyway, to the best of my understanding, the scout grinders found in the Fully CNC'd section are simply stash jars with 1.25" grinders for a screw on top. I like his page a lot and he is selling a lot of very interesting looking stuff for good prices, but I agree: I could use more specific information. I'm sure you could e-mail him to find out about the details of any given grinder.

Haha AoZ you're too funny man. You're going to have your routine worked out before you pick up your first sack! Let it all fall into place man...as soon as you start inhaling those vapors, I'm sure the last thing on your mind is going to be how you store the excess..first things first, nah? Hehe :p Oh, I also keep my "whole buds" in mason jars though...and I highly recommend that...like I said, glass is king, and it doesn't come any cheaper than mason jars*. They do the trick as far as I'm concerned! Actually, I have kept pre-ground bud in mason jars before as well (1/2 pints) and they seem to keep it fresh just fine. Thing I love about that is I can sit there with my wand or my vapor tube and just keep dipping into the jar all night and hitting the vape--no hassle. Then when it's all finished, the top screws right back on and I just throw my jar back into a drawer or whatever...again, no hassle :cool:

*I should probably have mentioned that I've never owned a sifter box, so the only thing I have to compare glass to is plastic...which I hated. I even used VacPacs for a while, and hate those as well. Mason jars work just fine...but I AM really interested in sifter boxes, and have been shopping around for these for about a year. I'm looking at getting a Exotic Zombie Shaker Box (www.exoticzombie.com), but I haven't made any decisions here yet. Maybe closer to/after the Christmas holidays. Anyways, for the time being and IME, glass works JUST FINE.

partially veiled,

max

Out to lunch
partially veiled said:
I just re-read this entire thread for some reason. Anyway, Spiral you had posted about a 6" grinder and then max had said Kelly advertised the largest as a 4". He DOES in fact sell the 6", and the picture you posted was from KGP. This is the link to that grinder: http://cgi.ebay.com/FULLY-CNCd-150mm-He ? dZViewItem

It is the 150mm fully CNC'd grinder...so at 150mm it's not QUITE 6 inches, but damned close
(about 5.9 inches, if it is in fact 150mm). About this one he says "This is by far the largest grinder on eBay". I don't know...6 inches is definitely the largest one I've seen to date. Maybe he just screwed up on the 4" page? I didn't try to find the grinder you're talking about max, so I don't know if it does in fact claim to be the largest grinder on ebay there as well.
I missed the 6" grinder that Spiral found. The answer to the claim for both being the largest-poor eBay housekeeping by Kelly. If you look at the description for the "1 3/4" Prime Quality Tobacco Herb Spice Pollen Grinder", it says "This is my second smallest pollen grinder. The same diameter as the smallest, but with a bit more product capacity." I pointed out to him that 1 3/4" can't be the same diameter as 1 5/8", which is his smallest screen grinder (you are correct pv-the 1.25" Scout grinders do not have a screen, just storage). He said he was going to change this error, but hasn't yet. So it doesn't surprise me that the 4" and 6" both have claims as the largest on eBay (I don't normally look at the larger grinders since about 2.5" is as large as I want to go-just personal preference). I'm going to send him another email and let him know that he's got some discriminating shoppers looking at his stuff and he needs to clean up his wrong and/or out of date info.

max, I have a question for you regarding KGP. You said that your cheapie grinder (which I presume is one from him??) leaves the same aluminum residue on your fingers as my MM? You also implied that this might mean it's constructed of lesser quality aluminum? Is this correct (that implication, I mean), or did I misconstrue something? Also, which grinder of Kelly's does leave the residue? Is it only the cheaper aluminum grinders, or does your more expensive "Fully CNC'd" grinder also leave that residue?
I've only seen the residue from the one I bought two years ago, and after doing a thorough cleaning on that one, I've decided that it was plant residue, not metal. Since the cleaning, I used it and I've seen none of the residue on my fingers. When herb particles get caught between the metal pieces during grinding, it turns black, and that's what was coming off on me.

I noticed today that he seems to have all the higher priced 'fully CNC'd' grinders on sale at 15% off. You can get a 50mm (about 2") 4 piece delivered for $20.39. Great deal if the typical 5mm holes are satisfactory for you. I just like the 1 3/4" grinder for its 3mm holes, to make my grind more PD friendly. I even put the ground herb through a 2nd time for a more thorough grind.
http://stores.ebay.com/Kellys-Great..._W0QQcolZ4QQdirZ1QQfsubZ2810659QQftidZ2QQtZkm

As a general comment on grinders, I've found that every one I've bought (4 different sources I think) has turned out to be slightly smaller than advertised, if only by a mm or two.

max,

partially veiled

Lo Boob Oscillator
Thanks for all your help with this max. I've sent Kelly a couple of questions, but I do think I'm going to pick up some stuff from him soon. I am thinking about getting (2) of the 2.5" "New Style Spaceage Aluminum Grinders", opting for the smallest diameter (4mm) hole selection on both, (1) CNC Aluminum Pollen Press and (1) 1 3/4" "Prime Quality" Aluminum Grinder. That is the one you are saying has the 3mm holes, right? I've actually e-mailed Kelly about this, anyway... I want to order 2 of the 2.5" grinders because I think it will make an awesome Christmas gift for one of my buddies :D

Thanks again, I'll let you know when I hear back from him if I end up going through with this or not, and I'll definitely come back and give some thoughts on quality/performance of my new tools. I'm thinking a grinder with holes is necessary to use over my new keif screen :cool: Gotta give Kelly a shot...he comes highly recommended, I guess!

Oh yes, and I still haven't heard back form Mendo Mulcher Warehouse...so if I don't hear back form them early next week, they'll definitely be getting another e-mail. I really want to resolve that one now, as well...even if only to sate my own curiosity about what the hell is going on.

partially veiled,

partially veiled

Lo Boob Oscillator
Well I just heard back from Kelly, who seems to be pretty nice. He says that right now the grinder with the smallest diameter holes he offers is the 1.625" Prime Quality Aluminum grinder, at a hole diameter of 3.5mm. This is obviously bigger than the one max has (probably? as was previously pointed out, these measurements are probably not exact) but I'm sure he gets different stock over time or whatever so it's all good. I just picked up:

(1) 1.625" Prime Quality Aluminum Herb Grinder (supposedly this grinder has holes with a 3.5mm diameter): http://cgi.ebay.ca/1-625-Prime-Qual...140883141QQihZ019QQcategoryZ133QQcmdZViewItem

(2) 2.5" Spaceage Aluminum Herb Grinders (I asked for both grinders to have the smallest diameter--4mm--hole size that he offers for this auction...as I said, one is for a buddy): http://cgi.ebay.ca/NEW-STYLE-2-5-Sp...028498243QQihZ019QQcategoryZ133QQcmdZViewItem

(1) CNC Aluminum Pollen Press: http://cgi.ebay.ca/CNC-Aluminum-Pol...yZ133QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp1742.m153.l1262

I picked this whole lot up for $62.77CAD (S&H Included)--that's just $10.14 more than I paid for my 3" Flat Mendo. Let's see how Kelly's quality stacks up...doesn't really have to do much of anything to do better than the Mendo, so far :lol:

Speaking of which, oddly enough I received an e-mail from Wes Dixion (who seems to be the one operating Mendo Mulcher Warehouse--he's the only person I've had correspondence with so far within this company, despite contacting them through multiple e-mail addresses) as I was going through the automatic "Auction Won" e-mails sent by eBay. Haha grinder synchronicities? Whatevs. Anyway, he gave me this feeble response: Got your email and wanted to let you know I'll contact the manufacturer with your inquiry. Please be patient because I think the guy has some kind of weird flu. :/ So that's interesting...I'll let you guys know whats up as soon as I know.

Anyways, I'm pretty excited to check out the new tools!

Edit: Since I had the measuring tape out and we're talking grinders...I just measured my 3" Mendo and found the outside diameter to be just shy of 3", while the interior portion (the actual grinding capacity) is 2 3/4". Just in case anyone really cares.

partially veiled,

SpiralArchitect

? & beyond
SpiralArchitect,

partially veiled

Lo Boob Oscillator
Nice man. I was looking at that one as well..lots of really nice stuff there. I like your choice of the 4" much better than the 6" inch heh the 6" is like the size of a tea saucer!! Haha it also sort of made me drool for a few, but it would be too friggen huge...I always put my grinders away when not in use, and I wouldn't want one that big simply because it'd take up too much damn space :lol: I bet it would operate really smooth though, presumably you'd have a bit more torque. Lots of grinding capacity too...I doubt I'd ever need to fill something that big up though.

The 4" is a wicked size. I love the screens on these grinders, as well. If they're as advertised then that's really cool: both the supposed extra-tautness of the screen (good for uniform hole size etc.) and the fact that there's no real place for keif to get stuck...IF it's as advertised. I'm sure some keif will still end up on the threads--it always seems to. BUT by the looks of it the exposure is minimal, and I love the look of the smooth walls leading gently down to the screen. Right on.

Now I guess we wait to see who gets theirs first :p

partially veiled,

SpiralArchitect

? & beyond
Hehehehe, yup! It will be a race. :D

I'm so excited about it. In fact, I forgot about it and was coming here to see the new posts and was like "Hm, oh yeah, I ordered that".

Yeah 6 inches is just too massive, I went with 4 because a small grinder has no appeal to me. It just sits on top of my desk all day in a cubby next to my vaporizer, and size isn't an issue, other than my desire to have a large screen, for more kief production.

Looking forward to devastating some big nugs. :D

SpiralArchitect,

partially veiled

Lo Boob Oscillator
SpiralArchitect said:
Yeah 6 inches is just too massive, I went with 4 because a small grinder has no appeal to me. It just sits on top of my desk all day in a cubby next to my vaporizer, and size isn't an issue, other than my desire to have a large screen, for more kief production.:D
Yup, good points Spiral. I normally wouldn't have a really big desire for a smaller grinder either, but I bought these grinders with a specific purpose in mind. I wanted to try for a smaller grinder and smaller hole size in the hopes that this would obtain a finer grind with more ease. This is actually why I went for the Flat Mendo, which is just a 2-piece with no screens or anything: I was hoping to just grind longer than normal and obtain a finer grind. I find I lose too much sticky, sparkly goodness with the 2-piece grinder...it's already getting a little bit gunky and I've barely used it. Meh. I want to approximate the sweet, even grinds I get with a coffee grinder, but using a hand grinder. I specifically want the fine grind for use with the PD, but I'm sure it won't hurt to run the same grind through the SSV.

Maybe I'll still pick up a bigger grinder from KGP, they're relatively cheap...so it'd be possible at some point. For sure I'll have some perspective after reading what you think first, and after I get the smaller, similar grinders. It'd be cool to have the option for a slightly larger grind/bigger grinding capacity, for when/if I desired to use it. Sure having 3 functioning grinders is a bit obsessive and totally excessive, but what the hell...I sure do love pot, so isn't it worth the ritualistic pleasure?

I'm sure you'll collect some nice keif with that beast...again...the screens look sweeet. :o

partially veiled,

max

Out to lunch
Try Mendo directly pv - info@mendomulchers.com. It should just be a matter of finding out if you need an RMA # to return the grinder. With a lifetime guarantee you shouldn't even need a receipt for proof of purchase. The guy at Mendo Warehouse (Wes) is in Texas, and I'm sure he doesn't want to be involved with warranty claims. If he helps you out, great. But I'd contact Mendo directly as well.

He says that right now the grinder with the smallest diameter holes he offers is the 1.625" Prime Quality Aluminum grinder, at a hole diameter of 3.5mm.
Interesting. These holes are difficult to measure exactly. I've found the best way is to press some paper into the holes and measure the impression on the paper, but measuring down to .5 mm with a ruler gets tricky. I was told the 1.625" (1 5/8") and 1 3/4" both had the same size holes (3mm), so I bought the higher capacity 1 3/4". At any rate, it does the job and is better than than the standard 5mm you get with most grinders. 5mm would be sufficient for most vapes, but it's nice to get it a little finer for the PD. I've sometimes used a larger grinder for the first 'run through', then put the ground herb through the smaller hole grinder. Interesting that I get additional kief when I run it through a 2nd time too. I may have to pick up one of the baby grinders to check out the hole size. I think I may use a grinder or two as an Xmas present this year anyway.

Hope you guys like Kelly's stuff. I've been very happy with it. I used my higher grade all CNC grinder yesterday. I think it's every bit as high a quality as the Mendo. I don't know how long these pvc (or whatever they're made of) cushions (between the top and bottom grinder sections) will last. This is the first grinder I've used that has one. I imagine it'll last a very long time as long as excessive downward pressure isn't used.

max,
Top Bottom